Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

By this logic he was also great in Ted.

Well he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

axleblaze posted:

You say in a few years she'll be just be cast in standard roles, but it's more likely in a few years she'll be struggling to get the type of work she's getting now because the public will have moved on to the next gorgeous young actress.

Yeah, like JLaw or that hippy girl whose probably going to get vagina cancer.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

axleblaze posted:

ScarJo is doing probably the smartest possible thing career-wise right now, where she's taking as many high profile well paying jobs as she can while she's still considered hot and she's also doing a bunch of indie things so she can have an established track record of being a good actress when she gets too old by Hollywood standard. You say in a few years she'll be just be cast in standard roles, but it's more likely in a few years she'll be struggling to get the type of work she's getting now because the public will have moved on to the next gorgeous young actress.

I disagree with this only because I think ScarJo is a far better actress than the standard "gorgeous young actress" trope. I do agree the way she has differentiated her resume is a great strategic career move.

PriorMarcus posted:

There I go forgetting JLaw is around. Great gorgeous young actress.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

JLaw is going to crash so hard once the Hunger Games wraps up and she realizes David O Russell really isn't the best director to be a muse for.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

I disagree with this only because I think ScarJo is a far better actress than the standard "gorgeous young actress" trope. I do agree the way she has differentiated her resume is a great strategic career move.

Well, I more meant that she'll have trouble getting the types of roles she's currently getting so easily. The offers for big budget action stuff will start to fade which is why it's smart that she's mixing it up so she can show she can do whatever when Hollywood loses interest in using her just for her looks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Well, I more meant that she'll have trouble getting the types of roles she's currently getting so easily. The offers for big budget action stuff will start to fade which is why it's smart that she's mixing it up so she can show she can do whatever when Hollywood loses interest in using her just for her looks.

Gotcha, same page now. Should have read what you typed a little more closely.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dr. Killjoy posted:

In what world would a celebrity at all think that is worth the money?

This one

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Fan poster but I like it :3:

Is there a Chappie thread yet? It comes out in like, two weeks.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Aphrodite posted:

That's his secret.

"I'm always pooping."

colonel_korn posted:

Fan poster but I like it :3:

Is there a Chappie thread yet? It comes out in like, two weeks.

Disingenuous. The SAPS would never have such a slick ad campaign.

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 24, 2015

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

duz posted:

This one

this movie is super awesome btw

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Are there groups of people in India who get upset when they remake an American movie with Indian people?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

PriorMarcus posted:

All good to great. I mean, maybe if you watched them in a week I'd understand.

Oh I agree, they are all great and I think Don Jon is criminally underrated. However seeing the same person in movie after movie can get tiring, I know what a Kevin Hart fan feels like now.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Hasters posted:

I know what a Kevin Hart fan feels like now.

Kevin Hart fans are probably inoculated to this effect due to watching him every week for years without end on that Queen of Kings show.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
The best thing about that Ultron poster is that Hayley Atwell and Anthony Mackie are listed

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BlueBayou posted:

The best thing about that Ultron poster is that Hayley Atwell and Anthony Mackie are listed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug88HO2mg44

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Plus Idris Elba and Stellan Skarsgard

And Danny Elfman, which might point to a Spiderman cameo since he did the music for that

But no Clarke Gregg :[

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Plus Idris Elba and Stellan Skarsgard

And Danny Elfman, which might point to a Spiderman cameo since he did the music for that

But no Clarke Gregg :[

It says "additional music by" next to Danny Elfman. He probably did the main theme or something.

I wonder who the caped, flying bloke with his face obscured in the middle surrounded by the Ultrons is supposed to be.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

I wonder who the caped, flying bloke with his face obscured in the middle surrounded by the Ultrons is supposed to be.

Adjust your Vision chump.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

He's some robot dude who looks like a gay pride mascot.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I dont see Scarlett Johansson slowing down anytime soon - shes going nowhere bur up in a few years, let alone a decade from now.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

I dont see Scarlett Johansson slowing down anytime soon - shes going nowhere bur up in a few years, let alone a decade from now.

I'm willing to bet a significant part of her would have started going down in a decade.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Honestly considering the half-life of your average "hot young Hollywood actress" she's already had a very impressive lifespan.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

It says "additional music by" next to Danny Elfman. He probably did the main theme or something.

That's The Vision.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Meatwave posted:

From the Marvel twitter account:

Hulk looks like he's dropping a deuce. But then again, he sort of looks like that all the time.

The perspective on this is all wonky.

The Hulk appears immediately behind Iron Man, but Black Widow is in-between them, making her seem super teeny tiny compared to Iron Man. :roflolmao:
(I know the Hulk is bigger and further back, giving the illusion of appearing smaller and closer, but it still doesn't look right to me.)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tomero_the_Great posted:

The Hulk appears immediately behind Iron Man, but Black Widow is in-between them, making her seem super teeny tiny compared to Iron Man. :roflolmao:
(I know the Hulk is bigger and further back, giving the illusion of appearing smaller and closer, but it still doesn't look right to me.)

I'm baffled as to why Ruffalo gets third billing. Evans had two movies as Cap, plus the Avengers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

I'm baffled as to why Ruffalo gets third billing. Evans had two movies as Cap, plus the Avengers.

Might have something to do with his Foxcatcher Oscar nomination?

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Hawkeye is in front of Hulk, too; look at his bow. I would love to see a diagram that lays out where everyone would have to be positioned in order for this image to work. I mean, what the hell is going on with Scarlet Witch up there? The lighting is all wrong, too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

That is odd, especially given to the target audience Evans is probably better known and it's way more that he be in the movie than Ruffalo. Still, it's probably just for the reason this billing stuff always happens: Ruffalo has a better agent.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Could you cobble together a list of good to great movies Ryan Reynolds was ever in? Say what you will about Scarlett Johannson, even when she's the worst thing in a film the film itself is usually very good.

No. But I do really love Just Friends. It's one of those movies I couldn't tell you why I like it so much, but it cracks me up every single time.

I mostly blame Anna Faris. She's awesome.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

axleblaze posted:

That is odd, especially given to the target audience Evans is probably better known and it's way more that he be in the movie than Ruffalo. Still, it's probably just for the reason this billing stuff always happens: Ruffalo has a better agent.

I think it's funny that Don Cheadle is billed so high. He's apparently a billing whore who raised a ruckus over the Oceans 11 movies, which is probably why he's listed higher than some of the actual Avengers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Evans' name isn't the first but it is pretty much in the middle of the poster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

No. But I do really love Just Friends. It's one of those movies I couldn't tell you why I like it so much, but it cracks me up every single time.

I mostly blame Anna Faris. She's awesome.

Anna Faris is great and it's a shame she just faded into the background. I haven't watched that show she's on.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
oh my GOD, it's a goddamn MOVIE POSTER, it's not supposed to represent some kind of actual posed photograph.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

AlternateAccount posted:

oh my GOD, it's a goddamn MOVIE POSTER, it's not supposed to represent some kind of actual posed photograph.

But it sure is nice when they make it look like a posed photograph.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Jeez Movie Poster Thread, don't you realize these are posters and not photographs?! Comeonson.

That tagline.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

AlternateAccount posted:

Which is why it is especially bad and dumb.

They can do anything in the entire world because it's just a 2D image with elements that can be arranged, rearranged, altered, changed, etc. and this is the best they could come up with.

MacheteZombie posted:

Jeez Movie Poster Thread, don't you realize these are posters and not photographs?! Comeonson.

That tagline.

This delights me. That tagline, indeed.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

It's funny because the girl's name is June which is named after the goddess Juno who was a real bitch sometimes because

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Geekboy posted:

This delights me. That tagline, indeed.

Is it wrong for me to be delighted because Casper Van Dien is in this?

One of boys in the trailer is rocking a dope wolf shirt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyMcI6222IY

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 25, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Aphrodite posted:

Harold and Kumar.
I liked RR in Waiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

MacheteZombie posted:

Is it wrong for me to be delighted because Casper Van Dien is in this?

One of boys in the trailer is rocking a dope wolf shirt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyMcI6222IY

Ugh I hope that scene isn't in the movie. The acting and effects were terrible.