Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
There's not a Frys anywhere near me and both target and walmart's website don't include Frys as a retailer that they will price match. Just don't want to waste my time driving around just to get shut down :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jadaris posted:

There's not a Frys anywhere near me and both target and walmart's website don't include Frys as a retailer that they will price match. Just don't want to waste my time driving around just to get shut down :(

call them

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why do nerds looking for videogames forget phones exist

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

epsilon posted:

Last question of the day from me, M&L Dream Team, what's the consensus on this title? $15 for price matching a Nintendo first party title is almost always a great deal. I know Sticker Star is generally regarded to be trash...

it's fine for $15. i wish i hadnt spent 40 on it at launch though

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Awesome! posted:

it's fine for $15. i wish i hadnt spent 40 on it at launch though

Yep, this, I bought it digitally and wish I didn't so I could make money back on it. $10 is perfect, $15 is acceptable.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

Awesome! posted:

why do nerds looking for videogames forget phones exist

Because why spend 15 minutes on hold and risk talking to OMG A PERSON when I can just ask other internet nerds. sadydf

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Awesome! posted:

call them

Why don't we fax them next

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I grabbed Dream Team digitally for full price and loved it. The handholdiness was kind of a chore, but the game is charming enough that I'm willing to overlook that (the Massiff bros are some of the greatest characters in any video game ever!) and the battle system is amazing with how complex and dynamic fights can get. The boss fights in particular are the best in the series and I was very satisfied with that $40.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nolgthorn posted:

Why don't we fax them next

17 minutes later and he could have called 5 stores easily by now

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I'm taking CPA classes that are held on a high school meaning I get all the puzzle pieces. What a life.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
I'm sitting on an Amazon gift card waiting for the New 3DS prices to go down before ordering. Do we have any idea when that'll happen? I've been a horrible shut-in/goon (but I repeat myself) and had no idea the port strikes were going on.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Orfeo posted:

I'm sitting on an Amazon gift card waiting for the New 3DS prices to go down before ordering. Do we have any idea when that'll happen? I've been a horrible shut-in/goon (but I repeat myself) and had no idea the port strikes were going on.

Amazon does not sell nintendo hardware and all the third parties on their site jack up the price.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Orfeo posted:

It just came out, homie. You're gonna have to wait a bit.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Wamdoodle posted:

It just came out, homie. You're gonna have to wait a bit.

This, but mostly

Liquid Penguins posted:

Amazon does not sell nintendo hardware and all the third parties on their site jack up the price.

this.

If you give me the card, I'll buy some games and you can enjoy them vicariously.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Dream Team is pretty bad, but for $15 it's fine.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Give us $5 and we will let you know if we see the price go down.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Liquid Penguins posted:

This is only in the US as far as I know.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
So just got a New 3DSXL Black(with A Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask 3D(aka the reason I bought the thing at all)), and as this is my first handheld/console period since the Gameboy Advance are there any kind of general usage/care instructions for getting the most out of the thing and keeping it from damage?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont squeeze it too hard (or add some extra padding in the middle). the top screen can rub against the bottom bezel and cause permanent scuffing

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You might want to practice screwing before you unscrew the things on the back.

Also, sadydf.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Artix posted:

Well that depends, do you think a find-replace on Switches -> Cows and time block puzzles are fun and clever? Because boy howdy did the Master Quest devs love them some time block puzzles.

Yea, I remember the teenage-me liking Master Quest's dungeons more than Windwaker's.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Zeron posted:

So just got a New 3DSXL Black(with A Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask 3D(aka the reason I bought the thing at all)), and as this is my first handheld/console period since the Gameboy Advance are there any kind of general usage/care instructions for getting the most out of the thing and keeping it from damage?

If you're going to remove the back cover to get at the battery or SD card, the guide recommends that you use the butt of the stylus to pry it off in two specific places. My advice is: it's less prying and more stabbing. I did not know this and ended up deforming the edge a little bit trying to get it off.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Zeron posted:

You have a mobile phone right? Same thing, don't put it in your rear end, etc.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Just a heads up, today I was at Gamestop (they had a copy of MH4U), and the guy said that Xenoblade Chronicles was going to be preorder only, so if you're even on the fence about getting it, you might wanna throw $5 on a preorder now.

Yayyyy more Nintendo scarcity :neckbeard:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
he's lying. Xenoblade 3DS is going to be available on the eShop.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

You might want to practice screwing before you unscrew the things on the back.

Also, sadydf.

Memes are funny.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah, but Nintendo digital games? Ehhh...

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Soul Glo posted:

Just a heads up, today I was at Gamestop (they had a copy of MH4U), and the guy said that Xenoblade Chronicles was going to be preorder only, so if you're even on the fence about getting it, you might wanna throw $5 on a preorder now.

Wait, what? That can't be true. Why the hell would they limit the Nu3DS's first true launch title?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Other than Xenoblade, what games are coming out? Or do we need to wait until E3?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

BisterdDave posted:

Wait, what? That can't be true. Why the hell would they limit the Nu3DS's first true launch title?

Because they're probably afraid of over-saturating for a small segment of their portable market, I guess. Or maybe Gamestop's the one only doing preorders.

But if GS's only doing preorders, it's probably gonna be hard to find.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Soul Glo posted:

For GAMESTOP sure, those guys are horrible. Rest of the world will have normal stockage.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Amazon's doing Preorders for Xeno 3D too.

Its going to be a lot less scarce than normal Xeno.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

never believe the guy at gamestop

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah but I want to be able to stick it in and play, not wait an hour for it to download and be unable to sell it in a year for $90 or w/e

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

Because they're probably afraid of over-saturating for a small segment of their portable market

What is this

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Retail games: Codename STEAM, Story of Seasons, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Devil Survivor 2 remake, Rodea the Sky Soldier, Fossil Fighter Frontier, new Fire Emblem...

eShop games: more Sega 3D Classics, Mario vs. DK: Tipping Stars, OlliOlli, Protect Me Knight 2, SmileBASIC...

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

A gamestop employee lied to you to look better to their manager.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fremry posted:

Memes are funny.

These ones are, yeah

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The thread has a tendency to run them into the ground

ok I'll go suck a cute dick now or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Who's got a recommended charger/USB car charger for me.

Gonna sell my xl and I can't be a dick and not include a charger, so I might as well upgrade functionality.