Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Make it a proper wake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
As soon as I found out Nimoy had died, I knew I had to come to this thread.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

'mourning' pubbie posted:

But I really want to shoot zombie Spock and Kobali spock lol

:saddowns:

\/ Create Fed character, skip tutorial, beam up to sector space and fly to Vulcan.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 27, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm so new at ST:O that I'm not even out of the tutorial, but I figure it's a good place to be to honor Nimoy's memory tonight. What would you guys recommend as the fastest way for a total baby like me to get over to Vulcan and/or any other wake areas to pay my respects?

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Details about the sector space revamp.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9078783-sector-space-revamp

I've been looking forward to them merging sector space but I had no idea that they were going to ask rescale it to give you the feeling of flying around in systems as part of sector space. This looks amazing.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Stuff like this, and boff changes and DR missions and the spec system in the abstract just make me wish that Cryptic/PWE wasn't killing the game with all the grindy poo poo because there are actual improvements being made to the game.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Hello Dentals:

While I was relaxing on Risa, I heard that Spock had passed away. Knowing full well what this would do to the STO community, I rushed over to Vulcan as fast as I could to help the pubbies through this time of mourning and despair. Luckily, as a Dental, I had all the necessary equipment to ensure that the memorial service held on Vulcan would be tasteful, respectful, and a fitting tribute.

Unfortunately, as happens in life, some players lashed out at me, at others, at the fleet itself. More Dentals arrived, as there were instances filled with grievers, and we tried to heal using the power of the Dear Leader. Below is a pastebin showing the overwhelming response we've received during the Vulcan memorial. I have also included some highlights. Note: This pastebin has left a LOT out. At any given time there were between 500-1000 players on Vulcan with 6-8 Dentals cycling through the instances. Chat was moving too fast for me to catch a lot of the comments.

http://pastebin.com/map74xx3

quote:

[Tell] Ben@groomofweird: someone close to you show up and ill be there to loving dance at the funeral

quote:

[Zone #8] Sylyc@Starburnz: you believe this poo poo... 100o's of people came to vulcan to pay respects and starfleet dental shows up and fucks it up with disco balls and trolling

quote:

[Zone] Ver@griboedchik: i wish i could find the idiot with the disco and shoot IT in the head

quote:

[Zone #11] Syfir@f0ehamering: To the trollers, even if you do not respect the players here, respect that someone has died. Keep trolling and you are no better than the westboro baptist church people.. Please stop.

quote:

[Zone] Kathryn Janeway@bwhorton: what a bunch off disrespect not a day for a party stupid aholes
[Zone #8] Kathryn Janeway@bwhorton: this is not a coonass funeral though....

quote:

[Zone #5] Wolf@Wolfblood: Nabreeki didn't get banned, but I did for calling him out on the forums. gently caress FORUM NODS

quote:

[Zone #5] V'Maeya@tetsu374: Please get rid of this guy Smirk, please..if you wanna kick me for a day I would welcome the sacrifice to see that guy gone....

quote:

[Zone] Idriol@themetalstickman: NEBREEKI YOU MOTHERFUCKER

quote:

[Tell] Don Burrito@Shaffer143: seriously Nbreeki, go to hell. you and your group are the worst kind of humans.

quote:

[Zone #13] Commander David@Admiral-David-Can: To all trolls: Live short, and burn for the rest of eternity in the halls of torment harving your body burnt and at the same time slashed for eternity

In closing: I'd like to ask all of you to pray for the souls of these confused, inconsolable players.

Thanks, too, all the Dentals/Wesleys: Pulse, Zombie Spock, Kobali Spock, Aleth, Gannon, Cuervo Jones, Lordco, Railrokh, Asimo, Tonto, (I'll edit anyone in I forgot, sorry), who helped STO heal today.

Edit: Also This.

EditEdit:

https://twitter.com/bfelczer/status/571425021526036480

Pubbies STILL go running to Branflakes when the Denalts arrive.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 28, 2015

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
leonard Nimoy's dead?

Patching now.

I simply must grieve with my STO pals about the death of an actor so utterly mediocre that the only role he could ever play involved monotoning everything and reacting to nothing.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

IPCRESS posted:

leonard Nimoy's dead?

Patching now.

I simply must grieve with my STO pals about the death of an actor so utterly mediocre that the only role he could ever play involved monotoning everything and reacting to nothing.

Um excuse me he also did the bilbo baggins song.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Stuff like this, and boff changes and DR missions and the spec system in the abstract just make me wish that Cryptic/PWE wasn't killing the game with all the grindy poo poo because there are actual improvements being made to the game.
Stuff like this makes it even more clear that all the grindy poo poo is being pushed on them by PWE.
rip zachary quinto, we'll miss you spock

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
I think some of the players on Vulcan did not appreciate the way I am mourning the death of Leonard Nimoy.

http://pastebin.com/z8Wgv0K7

http://pastebin.com/bqBcJmLV

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

i dont play this stupid loving game, but someone with photoshop skills needs to make 'live long and shocker' happen

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Here's the original thread about nbreeki and Spock.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1387561

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

hakimashou posted:

Here's the original thread about nbreeki and Spock.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1387561

7 PAGES.

rip spock

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

IPCRESS posted:

leonard Nimoy's dead?

Patching now.

You forget he was Galvatron.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Dammit you guys, I was out! I hadn't logged in for days. Didn't refine any dil, didn't queue up any crafting research, nothing. And I felt fine! I didn't miss it at all. Cryptic nerfed plasma doping and I didn't care. They time-gated the only remaining place to grind xp at a decent rate and I didn't even notice.

I'm patching up now. Hopefully there will still be pubbies with no sense of humor on vulcan when I get on.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

g0del posted:

Dammit you guys, I was out! I hadn't logged in for days. Didn't refine any dil, didn't queue up any crafting research, nothing. And I felt fine! I didn't miss it at all. Cryptic nerfed plasma doping and I didn't care. They time-gated the only remaining place to grind xp at a decent rate and I didn't even notice.

I'm patching up now. Hopefully there will still be pubbies with no sense of humor on vulcan when I get on.

It's thinned out considerably over the past few hours, but don't you worry, there are going to be unofficial memorials going on all week, I'm sure.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

g0del posted:

You can still grind argala

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
I got silenced. Waiting on my ticket to be un-silenced.

In the interim:

Credit to someone other than me - Pulse maybe.

Edit: While I'm muted, http://pastebin.com/WXe2Ftnn is what happened while I was on Vulcan. Could someone ask one of the poor bastards bright prospects in Dental Academy to trawl through that for funny stuff and make a condensed version?

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 28, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Midgetman posted:

Who do i have to speak to to get back into SFD?

account is: Midge@rf-midge

Get in channel, ask until invited.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPQmFA4KZtY&t=228s

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Someone stays on Vulcan for several hours mourning LN and that's ok. SFD stays on Vulcan for several hours and we're using bots.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1388311

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Truly an eventful night on Vulcan.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

it's like sto

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Reminds me of the time Branflakes drove off Shatner

faxmachine posted:

Truly an eventful night on Vulcan.

That horta looks like a big slice of pizza.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Pubbies are boring. Going to Vulcan to stand around in silence isn't a tribute. It's boring. It needed disco balling, to celebrate the life of someone who lived long and prospered. Also a bit more logical than emo whining, ranting and threats in zone chat, not to mention the logic of having something to look at other than desert and desert coloured things so that a logical mind is not driven insane by the monotony. :V

How many TOS connies or uniforms did I see? Any flying formations in Constitutions? Anything with a little bit more imagination and thought other than the low effort pathetic waste of time they tried to pull off? Nada, nothing, zip. Pubbies. Are. Boring.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Aleth posted:

skip tutorial, beam up to sector space and fly to Vulcan.

How?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

If you've had a character do the tutorial before, you can skip it before starting iirc. Been a while since I bothered making a new toon.

LordCo posted:

Someone stays on Vulcan for several hours mourning LN and that's ok. SFD stays on Vulcan for several hours and we're using bots.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1388311

This thread is great, get in before it's locked.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I feel like Nimoy would appreciate discoballs.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
He totally would.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Berke Negri posted:

I feel like Nimoy would appreciate discoballs.

Don't you mean Memorial Spheres, tongzhi?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The beautiful tributes on Vulcan continue with a pair of exceptionally well-trained nanovs:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Someone needs to start spamming the The Full Body Project as a tribute.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Someone needs to start spamming the The Full Body Project as a tribute.

:gowron:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Violent Kitten posted:

How many TOS connies or uniforms did I see? Any flying formations in Constitutions? Anything with a little bit more imagination and thought other than the low effort pathetic waste of time they tried to pull off? Nada, nothing, zip. Pubbies. Are. Boring.

Hmm, maybe we should do some Connie formation firework flying to show all these pubbies accusing us of disrespect what a real memorial is.

Then go back to crashing theirs.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Get someone to record it, slap it on facebook and we'll post it on the forums.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Zombie Spock lives on.

So I'm a little unsure of exactly what that memorial sculpture is of? A graboid seems a little unrelated to Leonard Nimoy or Spock.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru9e2rTHeuk

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Violent Kitten posted:

Pubbies are boring. Going to Vulcan to stand around in silence isn't a tribute. It's boring. It needed disco balling, to celebrate the life of someone who lived long and prospered. Also a bit more logical than emo whining, ranting and threats in zone chat, not to mention the logic of having something to look at other than desert and desert coloured things so that a logical mind is not driven insane by the monotony. :V

MikeJF posted:

Hmm, maybe we should do some Connie formation firework flying to show all these pubbies accusing us of disrespect what a real memorial is.

Then go back to crashing theirs.
I have seen masses of Constitutions around ESD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
This thread is going well. On this page, a pubbie tells us all to drop dead because we put some balloons in his sob circle jerk.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22567501&posted=1#post22567501

• Locked thread