Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Ghostpilot posted:

King of Fighters XI, if memory serves.

Probably my favorite one that isn't 2002UM.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

SatansBestBuddy posted:

And now I'm depressed. :smith:
Those are the actual subtitles? I thought someone had jokingly put fake subtitles on there.

Now I'm depressed, too. :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Those are the actual subtitles? I thought someone had jokingly put fake subtitles on there.

Now I'm depressed, too. :smith:

That's Miazaki, right? That guy loathes most anime.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

What's this from?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

That's Miazaki, right? That guy loathes most anime.

Yeah, that's Miazaki.

I wouldn't say he "loathes" anime, since he's been making them for 40 odd years, so much as he hates the industry and how it has changed, catering to an incredibly small demographic of rather disgusting people. I can't imagine how disappointed he would be meeting one of those people in real life. (which he probably has)

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

From an artist's perspective, I don't count Miyazaki films as anime per se. He's just an animator/director. I'm not a fan of the anime genre in general because of the common clichés--present in a lot of what are primarily television series--like personality types/traits and stupid facial expressions. However, I do love Miyazaki films because I do see the love and care that goes into the animation; Ghibli does not fall back on starry-eyed triangle-mouthed methods so many shows rely on. I do understand that they are under the gun to produce shows at such a fast pace, but the lack of time and effort really loving shows.

And for related content.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Wasabi the J posted:

Greg Land has been phoning it in for years.

Mightygodking has a whole series on this:

http://mightygodking.com/ultimate-power-2-very-naughty-edition/

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Suspicious Cook posted:

Probably my favorite one that isn't 2002UM.

2002 and 98 for me, with XI running third. I'd enjoy XI more if Kula, Gato and Oswald didn't break the game clean in half. I'd forgotten how gorgeous the backgrounds are in that.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Neo Geo Battle Collesium

King of Fighters XI

RL inspiration

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Yeah, that's Miazaki.

I wouldn't say he "loathes" anime, since he's been making them for 40 odd years, so much as he hates the industry and how it has changed, catering to an incredibly small demographic of rather disgusting people. I can't imagine how disappointed he would be meeting one of those people in real life. (which he probably has)

And I wouldn't really lump his movies in with anime as a whole. They're beautiful pieces of fantasy and deserve recognition and respect. Most anime that I've seen is the same poo poo over and over again with a handful of standout exceptions.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

And I wouldn't really lump his movies in with anime as a whole. They're beautiful pieces of fantasy and deserve recognition and respect. Most anime that I've seen is the same poo poo over and over again with a handful of standout exceptions.

...like Myazaki?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

wayfinder posted:

...like Myazaki?

No see, he doesn't like anime, therefore anything he likes can't be anime. It's simple really.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Anime isn't a genre.

Anime IS an industry.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

wayfinder posted:

...like Myazaki?

There isn't really all that much Miyazaki poo poo to iterate over, though. Ghibli and Disney are in it together for now and they're about one-for-one comparable, I think.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Me I hate movies. Movies are poo poo. There is no contribution to art or commitment to telling a story anymore anymore, but only an industry committed to produce cheap thrills in their race for the bottom line. And the same goes for TV shows. And don't get me started on computer games. And holy poo poo consoles. And have you seen the poo poo people paint these days? And the loving so-called music, that's "produced"? And gently caress me with a sharpened broom handle sideways stop dancing so loving shittily hnnnnrgggghhhHHHAAAA!!!!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
animu is bad

could you weeaboos gently caress off

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Post gifs you nerds

s01e05 @ 03:00 -- The Corpse Vanishes

s01e05 @ 03:00 -- The Corpse Vanishes

Edit:
s01e07 @ 49:30 -- Robot Monster

Jobbo_Fett has a new favorite as of 11:58 on May 3, 2015

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Having been a big anime nerd in high school gently caress I'm glad all the picture from ohyocon are destroyed all I have to say about anime now

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Such a gross watermark. Give me about 2 months to get to that episode and I'll redo that gif. (Also, taking requests for MST3k since I'm bored at work and have all the episodes)

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I know someone added a bunch of false subtitles to gifs of Miyazaki so like that one kid said never trust anyone not even yourself

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Karate Bastard posted:

Me I hate movies. Movies are poo poo. There is no contribution to art or commitment to telling a story anymore anymore, but only an industry committed to produce cheap thrills in their race for the bottom line. And the same goes for TV shows. And don't get me started on computer games. And holy poo poo consoles. And have you seen the poo poo people paint these days? And the loving so-called music, that's "produced"? And gently caress me with a sharpened broom handle sideways stop dancing so loving shittily hnnnnrgggghhhHHHAAAA!!!!

Pretty sure this is just the result of getting older

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Haruharuharuko posted:

Having been a big anime nerd in high school gently caress I'm glad all the picture from ohyocon are destroyed all I have to say about anime now

I went to that con once. It was like 130 when I got there and was told the vendor hall wasn't open yet. So I called up a friend who lives at OSU and I went and got drunk all weekend instead of hanging out with the people from college I was beginning to hate.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I tried to reverse image search this to find out where it's from, and I got some wretched poo poo :gonk:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

How the hell did that face make it onto the page without anybody seeing how absolutely ridiculous it was and stopping it? How does Greg Land still get work?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
gootecks no :(

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jamesman posted:

How the hell did that face make it onto the page without anybody seeing how absolutely ridiculous it was and stopping it? How does Greg Land still get work?

The tracing method means he's able to work fast and the lowest common denominator of customers thinks he looks good because it's "realistic."

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Yessssssss That is an awesome short. For anyone who doesn't know it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtI1pWkHto0

Also, this is finallycoming to DVD later this year.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Sestze posted:

gootecks no :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's the dandy way, baby.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Man With a Movie Camera

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Robert Denby posted:

Man With a Movie Camera

Everyone should watch this movie. Especially, the version with Ciniematic Orchestra doing the soundtrack.
Oh ... here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zeCdQJcA88

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Robert Denby posted:

Also, this is finallycoming to DVD later this year.

Holy poo poo, I love Twice Upon a Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

... what the hell?