Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bad HLA design that doesn't recirculate new oil into lifter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I know that, they just got ten times louder all of a sudden for no apparent reason, sounds like I'm starting a tractor now :(

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Phone posted:

Bad HLA design that doesn't recirculate new oil into lifter.

Is there an updated lifter design?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hey Phone, apparently your pm inbox is full too, just had to clean mine out :v:

So where can I get those hubs for $100?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
http://rev9autosport.com/daikei-boss-hub-kit.html

I'll look for the airbag defeat, I think it's in the garage.

e: nm, looks like it's like $170. I lied.

quote:

Hello,

You can buy the non-airbag hub but some modification might be needed to make it fit and we CANNOT guarantee you’ll be able to make it fit (because of bigger steering column of airbag equipped vehicles).

We strongly recommend buying the airbag version as it's plug and play, saves a lot of hassle and is guaranteed to fit.

Please note that they are two different type of hubs.

Thanks!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ah gently caress. So what kind of mods are involved if I elected to go without the airbag version?

Also don't worry about the airbag defeat, I've taken the airbag bulb out of the cluster already :v:

[e] There's a shitload of cheap hubs on Ebay, if I can mod one to work I'll go that route, I just need to know what's involved.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 7, 2015

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
Okay, so what causes the interior fans to sound like there's a leaf stuck in there? Sound stops if I turn the fan off, and stops briefly if I turn the fan to full and then back to 2, then starts up again.

Also, what voltage is a rear defrost expecting? I have an NA without rear defrost, but the soft top is a replacement that has the pigtail and rear defrost lines. I'd really like to use them, and I'm wondering if I can just rig a 9V battery or something with a switch and just do this manually. Just blowing hot air at the rear window, like I've seen recommended here, pulls defrost from the front window. No.

Seriously, I'm driving a 20 year old convertible in sub-zero weather and these are the worst issues I have (well, those and the squeak from the passenger locking tab for the soft top, but that won't be fixable until it's warm enough to take the top down). Miatas rule.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Taco Box posted:

Paging Trouser Chili.

I may be doing the unthinkable and trading the Miata for a van. A mazda 5 to be exact. I was curious what the plusses and minuses of those are.

I'm in a different mental space than I was when I had my first Miata, this one I have now really doesn't do much for me and my likes as a person have moved on. I prefer running and bicycling to sitting in traffic, waiting to get to the good roads (Houston has few)

I miss having a bike hauler like the focus wagon I had. So, anyone here ever owned a mazda 5? How was it? How's the gas milage?

FWIW; I've got a five door 2015 Mazda 3s and it easily fits a road or FS mtb in the back with the front wheel off. Not as fun to drive as an NC but I like it and think the interior is fantastic.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

TheNothingNew posted:

Okay, so what causes the interior fans to sound like there's a leaf stuck in there? Sound stops if I turn the fan off, and stops briefly if I turn the fan to full and then back to 2, then starts up again.

Take the blower out and see if there's a leaf in there. It's decently likely.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress. Tomorrow is supposedly Miata weather and I can't find the god damned smart key.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Lyesh posted:

Take the blower out and see if there's a leaf in there. It's decently likely.

Fair enough.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Rhyno posted:

gently caress. Tomorrow is supposedly Miata weather and I can't find the god damned smart key.

Those things are loving huge, how the hell do you misplace that?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wait miatas have smart keys?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Taco Box posted:

Those things are loving huge, how the hell do you misplace that?

I don't know! I took it out of my wallet when we went to Indianapolis on valentines day and haven't seen it since.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

Wait miatas have smart keys?

Yeah as part of the premium package. Mine is super small.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzAwWDMwMA==/z/48EAAOxyY3ZRqQFW/$T2eC16d,!zUE9s38+p0rBRqQFV1jK!~~60_35.JPG

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

We still have plenty of snow and tons of salt on the roads. :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bovril Delight posted:

Yeah as part of the premium package. Mine is super small.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzAwWDMwMA==/z/48EAAOxyY3ZRqQFW/$T2eC16d,!zUE9s38+p0rBRqQFV1jK!~~60_35.JPG

drat mine's the credit card sized one and there just isn't room in the wallet for two of those so one had to go. Now if I could just loving find it. What's the average cost to get a normal key cut and programmed these days?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

When I worked at a Mazda dealer it was 75 bucks but that was years ago, around '08 so it's probably more now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just found it sitting on the desk, wrapped up in a small baggie I wrote MIATA KEY on so I wouldn't loving lose it.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

I just found it sitting on the desk, wrapped up in a small baggie I wrote MIATA KEY on so I wouldn't loving lose it.

You need a hug.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
It's officially a race car now. No more key. (Ok it actually does have a key zip tied to the immobilizer antenna)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS9-nOtEa8I

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

Mail it to yourself so next time you are looking for it all you have to do is check the mail.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"It's a little rough, needs some TLC"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
$4000 firm. No tire kickers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phone posted:

$4000 firm. No tire kickers.

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/4907803921.html

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I really thought i could save it for a reasonable amount of money until i saw the taillights were painted black (I hate that look)

Crack pipe, would not buy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was never intending to buy it. It showed up in my CL results so I asked for pics. Also appears to have no passenger seat.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Cheeriest Faces of Meth pic there ever was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
At first glance it looked like it had been on fire at some point.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That Miata is pleading for your help Ryno, look at it. You must nurse it back to health and release it back into craigslist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

That Miata is pleading for your help Ryno, look at it. You must nurse it back to health and release it back into craigslist.

It's pleading to be taken out back and shot.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

:smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I asked for more pictures, interior, top down etc.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I asked for more pictures, interior, top down etc.

Fingers crossed for engine shot.

e: has he actually claimed that this drives or not?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheNothingNew posted:

Fingers crossed for engine shot.

e: has he actually claimed that this drives or not?

He never actually said that it drives.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Any idea of the chronological order of the pictures...?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlesM posted:

Any idea of the chronological order of the pictures...?

Not a clue.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Drive it, take pictures and report back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Drive it, take pictures and report back.

It's 90 minutes away or else I'd have done so already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I'm so friggen geeked to go to this: http://texasmiataroundup.com/

I love those hill country roads, shame I have to drive 250 miles one way to get to them. Planning on tenting at the park nearby in Kerrville. I love tenting in the countryside in TX. It's so dark at night.

Me right now: :sissies: :woop: :sissies: