Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
These meltdowns make life worth living.

naem posted:

As a huge dong haver it's more like an expected bonus when you take you pants off and maybe she'll stick around longer and then stalk you for months after a break up

Christ I thought I was the only one. There are girls who seriously would not go away after a dicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Paineopticon posted:

Are you fifteen? Ask her out, don't even bring up okcupid until you've been officially dating for like, three months. Definitely don't say you've been researching her. The best research you can do to predict compatibility is to go on a date

Also, be prepared to be rejected, because judging from your posts I doubt your ability to accurately read a "hitting it off" situation

Good luck tho and I hope I'm wrong and you guys have a great time

this but unironically

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Ghaz posted:

I came here to ask some advice: the new girl at work who i have a crush on is a really high match w/ me on okcupid.

you have autism.

toggle posted:

Or don't poo poo where you eat i.e. workplace romances

hell with that gently caress everything that holds still for more than five seconds and surf the occasional drama tsunamis like a badass

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Paineopticon posted:

Are you fifteen? Ask her out, don't even bring up okcupid until you've been officially dating for like, three months. Definitely don't say you've been researching her. The best research you can do to predict compatibility is to go on a date

Also, be prepared to be rejected, because judging from your posts I doubt your ability to accurately read a "hitting it off" situation

Good luck tho and I hope I'm wrong and you guys have a great time

lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Ghaz posted:

I came here to ask some advice: the new girl at work who i have a crush on is a really high match w/ me on okcupid. I think we're hitting it off IRL but would it be uncouth to like check her profile or give her a "I like u" star?

i mean people post some fairly candid stuff about themselves so would she think it was weird that I looked on there like there'd be this unspoken "oh hey i see we both masturbate 3-5 a week" or whatever

but now i mostly just want to get trolled by "ironic" rapists, can someone please start an argument w me about biotruths

i think you should def poke her over ok cupid or whatever and maybe even write her little sweet nothings during work hours commenting on what she is doing and wearing right then

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Blue Raider posted:

i think you should def poke her over ok cupid or whatever and maybe even write her little sweet nothings during work hours commenting on what she is doing and wearing right then

You forgot to remind him to walk over to her at work and make sure that she got his messages.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Whoa this thread was funny at some point right?? Lets get back to making fun of women what GBS does the most adequately

quote:

What I’m doing with my life

Firstly don't randomly message me if you're gonna be overly perverted/sexual and will message me bizarre creepy messages or messages saying hey baby or oh you're so beautiful can we hit up somewhere? I got one thing I can say towards that I will rate you the lowest/block you/delete your comment so don't waste your time with your immaturity if that's how you pick up girls like most guys these days you need some serious help. Besides that I'm only looking for friends only at this moment but I'm not against looking but for now who knows for now until I gain your trust I've been hurt many times and I've massive trust issues if you're the type of person that likes dancing around things and doesn't value honesty as well just leave me be I already had enough of people dishonesty these days. A lot of people think with my sweet personality and caring nature you may think I'm famous well you're clearly wrong on that. I've no friends a lot of people in public look at me like I'm a freak and I scare adults/children I guess wearing all black and symbols of the satanic occult and wearing my fox hat or strange hats is horrifying and I'm also thin and I'm very pale like I've not seen the sun in months haha. I'm bitter/sour on the inside so watch out. I'm an Aries so fellow Cancer and Taurus people just a heads up on a few things communication normally cuts off very short and doesn't last long. But fear not you can try 2 communicate with me and pray 2 the 9 Divines or Daedric Princes that we will get along. I also will never drive my heart is way 2 fragile for that kind of nature my paranoia/anxiety will sky rocket I will probably have a heart attack. I also plan on being a House Fox Fairy where I can be treated with royalty let alone someone that can keep me in a secure isolated place where I don't have 2 snap when I'm at my unstable state. I can admit I'm unstable I'm a few cookies short of a picnic basket. I also don't eat red meat only poultry most of my meals are Vegetarian and I also only eat meals that are all natural or organic or wheat only. I can say the worst thing I can do for myself is drinking Icees I failed really miserable over the addiction of Icees lasted only a week before having a withdraw panic attack XD anyways one more thing I'm a Mother of one his name is Hunter and I don't want anymore kids and I don't crave or have the lust of sex anymore people that live and thrive off of sex now days is overrated. I think it's also atheistic that people think sex can save a realtionship. I don't understand the concept of that and never will if you think we can be friends then feel free 2 message me if you're read my whole profile just not skimmed on a few parts. I also rather text/KiK/Skype sense I'm often not on here much at all so now let's start with my likes then.

Well here are my likes XD

1. Ps3 user (no I've not set up an account nor have any other games at this moment just got a Ps3 just recently) 2. Skyrim addict and I love the Elder Scrolls 3. I love RPG/Adventure games I used 2 love Horror games but now I rather have someone that could hold me and play horror games I saw the Fatal Frame series my god that's horrifying I think I would have a heart attack if I played that game (watched some let's play on YouTube) and I never will play Silent Hill 2 again and never play that game again at night time I only played Silent hill at day XD 4. What do I drink rarely? Only tasteful glorious mead ^^ 5. I play Mario Kart 8 online so if you play you can add me and I'm an okay player I suppose depends if you get tough violent assholes XD 6. I like healthy food and also I only eat poultry only no red meat 7. Not so healthy thing? Icees and Icees are addictive and fating cheese fries those are so evil but hell ever so glorious and delicious XD 8. Cheese pizza with 5 pounds of cheese is the best 9. Hellfire is nice but then Fire is my sign anyways I don't like bone chilling cold not saying I hate the cold it's just I like the chill not ice bone chilling not good on my old fox bones O_o 10. I like Tarantulas if you got a problem with my Tarantulas go ahead and it's quite funny I've lost people because they were scared of my Tarantulas XD it's quite funny people think a mild Tarantula bite is gonna kill you how funny XD 11. I love animals besides Tarantulas I've a Leopard Frog even 4 little Fire Bellied Toads and more like a mini zoo ^^ 12. I love darkness more than I do the sun 13. Even if my age I still collect stuff animals seriously stuff animals for life that's all I'm gonna say 14. I love Astrology 15. I do believe in spirituality 16. I find axes (my fave) secondly swords are very pretty the sound of clashing weapons is quite pretty as well as viking runes ^^ 17. My second color is Hot Pink because that's so brutal you know? XD Okay that' about it if you wanna know anything else just ask and also I prefer another type of messenger than here for chatting. Just letting you know because I'm not gonna be glued on here messaging 24/7

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food

I'm not a movie person but I don't mind being held in my lover's arms ^^ therefor I'm not really extremely picky. Shows? Concerts? Yes I go 2 concerts XD music Metal and J-Rock and lastly food anything all natural or organic I only eat poultry seafood and pasta only

I spend a lot of time thinking about

Well isn't this a dangerous subject? XD

On a typical Friday night I am

I'm doing the same old same old I live in a small town so there isn't much 2 do so I just sit on my royal throne all day and play video games/music/sleeping/chilling with my Tarantulas (yes I hold my Tarantulas)

You should message me if

If you're read my entire profile not just skimmed through the whole thing. Also if you wonder what happened between me and my ex's well here is your list

1. Mentally abuses me makes me feel lower than I already am
always telling me it's your fault everything is your fault

2. Decides down the road moving in Conroe isn't for them
then dumps me a month or two later after that

3. Doesn't care about my feelings/hurting my Son's feelings

4. Not caring about my global restrictions and blaming me that
the global part is my fault

5. My ex's think it's down right funny that I could lose my Son
in court

6. My last ex forced me 2 work and not giving two fucks given
about my disabilities he was extremely selfish he even was
trying/pulling I'm hurt part because I wouldn't have kids
with him when my profile strictly said I wasn't interested in
more

7. I'm not a sex addict I don't need sex 24/7 2 live and breath
if you're a sex addict then a realtionship isn't gonna work
I can tell you that right now

if you read these 7 list thingies and if you think you fall through one of them please don't bother a realtionship with me

old fat bird fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 15, 2015

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

do not worry female, i will not bother

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

Whoa this thread was funny at some point right?? Lets get back to making fun of women what GBS does the most adequately

you don't have to post a picture, but she's fat right? theres no way she's not

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Profondo Rosso posted:

you don't have to post a picture, but she's fat right? theres no way she's not

her profile pic is a stuffed pink hedgehog

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

all races are equal except for latinas who are god's gift to boners quote this if you're down

Can't quote this poo poo enough.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
not dating outside your race (or only dating one specific race) isn't racist it's just a preference

sorta like how some guys like chicks with big tits and some guys like chicks that eat poo poo, some guys like whiteys with brown jazzholes and some dudes like asian kitten crushers

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

her profile pic is a stuffed pink hedgehog

:jackbud: mmmm god shes ticking every box :jackbud:

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Oh nevermind found this

My self-summary
An abridged list of my favorite things: Thunderstorms, honesty, massages (giving and receiving), children, new ideas, biscuits and gravy, great sexual chemistry, my job, nerds, the smell of rain, belly laughs, curiosity, pleasing my partner, independent films and documentaries, a good brew, my bed, campfires, smart people, traveling, hot monogamous sex, a strong wind, old school video games, sushi, driving with the windows down (and music cranked), garlic, spooning, vinyl records, discovery, skinny dipping, walking my dog, being productive, sightseeing, trying new things, distilled water, sleeping in, dancing with reckless abandon, and much much more....

I dig beards. And nerds. And nerds with beards.
Lots of things. I love music, movies, dancing, politics, theater, hiking, swimming, traveling (especially rustic road tripping), camping, cooking, exploring, reading, learning, teaching, educating others, home projects, and on and on. Live shows and festivals are my favorite. Been way into documentaries lately. Now that I'm finally finished with my masters, I'm enjoying the extra free time to read for pleasure (and self-education). I LOVE HISTORY!!! It's fascinating and its understanding is our only means of improvement. I will NEVER stop learning.

I did the whole college thing. But I'm honestly learning more now than I ever did in college. Since it's a typical question people ask, here's my condensed resume: I have a Bachelor of Science in Education (concentration in Secondary Social Studies), a Bachelor of General Studies in Theater & Film (emphasis in Film), and a Master of Science in Education (concentration in Adaptive Special Education).

Until recently, I taught special education at the high school level. I ran a Learning Center; which basically means I taught all of the subjects, but in a different way, only one or two at a time, to fewer students. My students were just regular kids, but with some sort of deficit in one or two areas. Many of them had learning disabilities (reading or math), behavior problems, or emotional issues. The experience of that job definitely made me a better teacher (working with special needs teenagers is not for the faint of heart), but I really want to get back to my primary subject area, which is social studies (primarily history and government). The Constitution is my friend.

UPDATE: I just finished three months teaching English as a Second Language in the Middle East. Just arrived in Asia and am now teaching English in Hong Kong.

Also, full disclosure: I was in an extremely serious relationship until very recently. It will take me some time to heal from that.
I’m really good at
Listening. Problem solving. Resolving conflict, most of the time. Empathizing. Using reason. HUGS! Organizing. Teaching, including breaking down seemingly complex things into more manageable parts (which is a huge part of my job right now). Cooking, when time permits (or when I'm not being totally lazy); I've got mad skills in the kitchen. Procrastinating, unfortunately. Spelling. Driving a stick. Cuddling. Writing, especially expository and persuasive text. Civilized debate. I won't get in your face or anything, but if your worldview is too fragile to be challenged, don't bother. Conversation. Adapting to new situations/experiences/surroundings. Karaoke. Target shooting. Movie quotes and references. Absorbing new information (also known as learning!). Communicating. Being affectionate. Trying new things.
The first things people usually notice about me
Probably my smile. Or that I look younger than I actually am. When I was a substitute teacher, I was often mistaken for a student. But watcha gonna do? I'm sure it will serve me well as I get older.
I KNEW this section was going to end up being the longest and most time consuming to fill out, so I was putting it off. I would be shocked if anyone actually read all this, but at long last, here it is….

(Feel free to skip any section you don’t care much about.)

BOOKS: Mostly non-fiction, although there are exceptions here and there (like Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy…totally awesome!). I really like pretty much everything Shel Silverstein has ever written. I totally love A Light in the Attic and Where the Sidewalk Ends. The Giving Tree still makes me misty, every time. The Tao of Pooh might be my favorite book ever. When it comes to fiction, I tend to read more plays than books. Comes from my theater background, I suppose. I can't even remember some of the playwrights I like, since it's been so long since I picked one up, but I'm a big fan of Shakespeare.

Some books I’ve read and really enjoyed in the last year or so: Animal Farm (George Orwell), for the second time; Meltdown: A Free-Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse (Tom Woods); Revolution: A Manifesto (Ron Paul); The Law (Frederic Bastiat), End the Fed (Ron Paul). I’m currently in the middle of five different books (don’t ask me how that happened): Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (John Perkins), Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand); Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century (Tom Woods); 1984 (George Orwell); Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom (Ron Paul). Are you sensing a pattern here? I wasn’t always so interested in libertarian literature and economics, but once I started learning about them, I was hooked. I have a whole stack left to go, including stuff by F.A. Hayek, Andrew Napolitano, Thomas DiLorenzo, Murray Rothbard, G. Edward Griffin, Henry Hazlitt, and Ludwig von Mises. (I would be highly impressed if you knew any of these authors.)

I also love that OKCupid thinks I'm more capitalistic than most women my age. drat right. I am a voluntaryist at my core and a firm believer in the non-aggression principle. (If you're not familiar, I highly recommend looking into it.)

MOVIES: Never ask a film major what their favorite movie is. There is no way I could ever compile an adequate list. For the sake of brevity (which I passed a long time ago, I know), here are some narrative filmmakers I like: Quentin Tarantino, Paul Thomas Anderson, Martin Scorsese, the Cohen Brothers, Charlie Kaufman, Stephen Soderbergh, Woody Allen, Mike Nichols, Wes Anderson, Steven Spielberg, Orson Wells, Alfred Hitchcock, John Hughes, Stanley Kubrick, Billy Wilder, Francis Ford Coppola, Charlie Chaplin, Frank Capra, David Lynch, Judd Apatow, Sydney Lumet, Roman Polanski, Ricky Gervais, Jim Jarmusch, Tim Burton, Sydney Pollack, David Fincher, George Lucas, Christopher Nolan, Ron Howard, Terry Gilliam, Brian De Palma, Buster Keaton, Peter Jackson, Mel Brooks, Rob Reiner, Kevin Smith, Harold Ramis, Spike Jonze, Richard Linklater, Sam Mendes, Milos Forman

Documentaries: America: Freedom to Fascism; The Money Masters, Super Size Me, Why We Fight, Fat Head, Who Killed the Electric Car?, King Corn, Hacking Democracy, Man on Wire, Freedom Fries, Microcosmos; WMD: Weapons of Mass Deception; What Would Jesus Buy?, The Future of Food, The Men Who Killed Kennedy, Word Wars, McLibel, Cocaine Cowboys

**Subtitles are always preferable to dubbing. Widescreen is always preferable to full screen.**

SHOWS: Most of what is on cable or network television is boring and lame. However, Netflix (along with various friends over the years) has turned me on to a slew of awesome series: The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Office (US & UK), Extras, Arrested Development, Freaks & Geeks, Trailer Park Boys, Glee (It’s a guilty pleasure, but what can I say? I was a choir nerd in high school.), The Tudors, West Wing; Penn & Teller: Bullshit!; Flight of the Conchords, Rome, That 70’s Show, CSI, Sex and the City (yes, I am a girl), Weeds, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, The Wire, Iron Chef (the original, not the crappy new US version), Heroes, Lost, Party Down, Parks and Recreation, The Kids in the Hall, Reno 911!, Wonder Showzen, Twin Peaks, Sifl & Olly, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Shameless, Treme, House of Cards, Californication, Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Firefly

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report never fail to make me laugh.

Any History Channel or Discovery Channel documentary.

MUSIC: This is one of my all-time favorite things. My tastes are pretty varied. Over the years, I’ve found that there’s something I like in pretty much every genre (excluding Death Metal). This is nowhere near an exhaustive list, but here are some bands I really dig in each of these genres…

Punk: The Ramones, The Pogues, Flogging Molly, The Clash, Gogol Bordello, Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, New York Dolls, The Cramps, Old 97’s, The Pixies, Adam Ant, The Misfits, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Funk/Soul/Reggae: Curtis Mayfield, Prince, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Stevie Wonder, India Arie, Al Green, Matisyahu, Ozomatli, Bob Marley

Alternative: Magnetic Fields, They Might Be Giants, Flaming Lips, Tom Waits, The Cure, Talking Heads, Brian Jonestown Massacre, The White Stripes, The Beta Band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Joy Division, Green Day, Red Kross, Jesus & Mary Chain, Beck, The Aquabats, Cake, Ben Folds Five, Soul Coughing, Dead Kennedys

Classic Rock: The Doors, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Neil Young, Lou Reed, The Kinks, Janis Joplin, John Lennon, Mamas & The Papas, The Traveling Wilburys, Rush, Electric Light Orchestra, Joe Cocker, Pink Floyd, The Who, Frank Zappa, Moody Blues, The Velvet Underground, Queen, Led Zeppelin

Hip-hop: Digable Planets, Outkast, Arrested Development, Mos Def, Headnotic, Kurtis Blow, Public Enemy, De La Soul, Beastie Boys, Common, Psalm One, The Perceptionists, Salt ‘N’ Pepa, Jurassic 5, Deep Thinkers, Flobots, Dr. Dre, Lauryn Hill

Pop: REM, David Bowie, Lilly Allen, Tegan & Sara, The Police, DEVO, The Faint, Michael Jackson, Stray Cats, Pop Will Eat Itself, Tracy Chapman, The Postal Service, VHS or Beta, TV On the Radio, Peter Gabriel, The Smiths, Morrissey, U2 (early stuff), New Order, Noah & the Whale, Of Montreal, Happy Mondays

Country: Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson

Bluegrass: Splitlip Rayfield, Truckstop Honeymoon, The Wilders, Kirk Rundstrom, Blue, Gillian Welch, Bill Monroe

Jazz/Blues: Louis Armstrong, Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Malachi Thompson, John Coltrane, Robert Johnson, Edith Piaf, Cab Calloway, Otis Redding, Muddy Waters, Ray Charles, Wilson Pickett

Oldies: Sam Cooke, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Jackie Wilson, Richie Valens, Nat King Cole, Petula Clark, Connie Francis, Johnny Mathis, The Beach Boys, Paul Revere & the Raiders, The Everly Brothers, a gazillion others

Folk: Bob Dylan, Nick Drake, Simon & Garfunkel; Peter, Paul, & Mary; Nickel Creek, Iron & Wine, Hot Tuna, Jolie Holland

Singer/Songwriter: Billy Joel, Norah Jones, James Taylor, David Sylvian, Elliott Smith, Jack Johnson, Paul Simon, Van Morrison, Madeleine Peyroux

Classical: Chopin, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Beethoven, John Williams

World: Dead Can Dance, Carlos Nakai, Os Mutantes, Buena Vista Social Club, Coyote Oldman

Yeah. I like music.

I also, admittedly, like most musicals. Like I said, I was a total choir nerd in high school and I was in many a musical theater production. So yeah, a lot of that stuck. Also notice how today’s Top 40 “artists” didn’t make the list. That was intentional. It’s mostly crap.

FOOD: Mostly Paleo, mostly organic. I'm a big fan of Thai, Japanese (including sushi), Mexican, Chinese, Mediterranean, anything Italian.

I generally prefer to check out local options in lieu of chains. I pretty much only eat real, actual food (no preservatives or frankenfoods) which limits my restaurant options somewhat. I cook a lot, and rock pretty hard at it.

(Learn enough about me yet? SHEESH!)
The six things I could never do without
I think most of us will be doing without a lot of things we thought we couldn't in the coming years. But it's amazing how resilient humans can be. Survival's a pretty strong motivator...anyway, TANGENT! If the poo poo hits the fan (what an odd metaphor that is), I could do without any or all of these things, but for the sake of getting to know me...

- Filtered water (distilled water in particular)
- Instant Netflix (I poo on cable)
- New music (I've had my share of pain in my life, but as long as I have a soundtrack to go with it, it always seems to work out okay.)
- The Internet (also known as the last bastion of free speech on Earth)
- Coconut oil (it has a million and one uses)
- Corrective eyewear (I'd be pretty screwed without it)
How my mom's doing since my dad died. How different our lives will be now. How to get back in shape. What my next move is. Why so many people have a strong desire to control other people.
Usually home, unwinding from the work week. If I go out on a weekend, it's probably on Saturday. I often prefer to go out on weeknights to avoid the huge crowds. There also seem to be better specials during the week than on most weekends. Live shows are great, but in most other situations, I'd rather hear what my company has to say.

I really enjoy "get-together" games like Scrabble, Taboo, Apples to Apples, etc. I also really dig playing cards. I know speed, gin, rummy, gin rummy, poker, Texas hold 'em, etc. I used to know spades, hearts, and canasta but have since forgotten. If you know them, or any others I don't know, I'm an eager learner. I'd play cards all the time if I had a willing partner (or team).
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I've been told I snore. Mildly and inconsistently, but still.

I like to go barefoot most of the time, so I often have dirty toes. Don't judge. It's awesome. Totally worth it.

I've seen every episode of Murder She Wrote. Go ahead and judge. It's utterly ridiculous.
You should message me if
You...
are libertarian or anarchist leaning.
enjoy interesting conversation.
have an open mind.
know anything about Austrian economics.
distrust the mainstream media.
are passionate about real food.
have a healthy libido.
find country life appealing.
appreciate quality.
enjoy the outdoors.
are a positive person.
value self-reliance.
understand what freedom means.
are good with your hands.
want to make babies and grow food.
can laugh at yourself.

caberham fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 16, 2015

naem
May 29, 2011

Biscuits and gravy (giving and receiving) (everything to do with it)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

caberham posted:

Oh nevermind found this

My self-summary
An abridged list of my favorite things: Thunderstorms, honesty, massages (giving and receiving), children, new ideas, biscuits and gravy, great sexual chemistry, my job, nerds, the smell of rain, belly laughs, curiosity, pleasing my partner, independent films and documentaries, a good brew, my bed, campfires, smart people, traveling, hot monogamous sex, a strong wind, old school video games, sushi, driving with the windows down (and music cranked), garlic, spooning, vinyl records, discovery, skinny dipping, walking my dog, being productive, sightseeing, trying new things, distilled water, sleeping in, dancing with reckless abandon, and much much more....

Lots of things. I love music, movies, dancing, politics, theater, hiking, swimming, traveling (especially rustic road tripping), camping, cooking, exploring, reading, learning, teaching, educating others, home projects, and on and on. Live shows and festivals are my favorite. Been way into documentaries lately. Now that I'm finally finished with my masters, I'm enjoying the extra free time to read for pleasure (and self-education). I LOVE HISTORY!!! It's fascinating and its understanding is our only means of improvement. I will NEVER stop learning.

I did the whole college thing. But I'm honestly learning more now than I ever did in college. Since it's a typical question people ask, here's my condensed resume: I have a Bachelor of Science in Education (concentration in Secondary Social Studies), a Bachelor of General Studies in Theater & Film (emphasis in Film), and a Master of Science in Education (concentration in Adaptive Special Education).

Until recently, I taught special education at the high school level. I ran a Learning Center; which basically means I taught all of the subjects, but in a different way, only one or two at a time, to fewer students. My students were just regular kids, but with some sort of deficit in one or two areas. Many of them had learning disabilities (reading or math), behavior problems, or emotional issues. The experience of that job definitely made me a better teacher (working with special needs teenagers is not for the faint of heart), but I really want to get back to my primary subject area, which is social studies (primarily history and government). The Constitution is my friend.

UPDATE: I just finished three months teaching English as a Second Language in the Middle East. Just arrived in Asia and am now teaching English in Hong Kong.

Also, full disclosure: I was in an extremely serious relationship until very recently. It will take me some time to heal from that.
I’m really good at
Listening. Problem solving. Resolving conflict, most of the time. Empathizing. Using reason. HUGS! Organizing. Teaching, including breaking down seemingly complex things into more manageable parts (which is a huge part of my job right now). Cooking, when time permits (or when I'm not being totally lazy); I've got mad skills in the kitchen. Procrastinating, unfortunately. Spelling. Driving a stick. Cuddling. Writing, especially expository and persuasive text. Civilized debate. I won't get in your face or anything, but if your worldview is too fragile to be challenged, don't bother. Conversation. Adapting to new situations/experiences/surroundings. Karaoke. Target shooting. Movie quotes and references. Absorbing new information (also known as learning!). Communicating. Being affectionate. Trying new things.
Probably my smile. Or that I look younger than I actually am. When I was a substitute teacher, I was often mistaken for a student. But watcha gonna do? I'm sure it will serve me well as I get older.
I KNEW this section was going to end up being the longest and most time consuming to fill out, so I was putting it off. I would be shocked if anyone actually read all this, but at long last, here it is….

BOOKS: Mostly non-fiction, although there are exceptions here and there (like Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy…totally awesome!). I really like pretty much everything Shel Silverstein has ever written. I totally love A Light in the Attic and Where the Sidewalk Ends. The Giving Tree still makes me misty, every time. The Tao of Pooh might be my favorite book ever. When it comes to fiction, I tend to read more plays than books. Comes from my theater background, I suppose. I can't even remember some of the playwrights I like, since it's been so long since I picked one up, but I'm a big fan of Shakespeare.

Some books I’ve read and really enjoyed in the last year or so: Animal Farm (George Orwell), for the second time; Meltdown: A Free-Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse (Tom Woods); Revolution: A Manifesto (Ron Paul); The Law (Frederic Bastiat), End the Fed (Ron Paul). I’m currently in the middle of five different books (don’t ask me how that happened): Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (John Perkins), Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand); Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century (Tom Woods); 1984 (George Orwell); Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom (Ron Paul). Are you sensing a pattern here? I wasn’t always so interested in libertarian literature and economics, but once I started learning about them, I was hooked. I have a whole stack left to go, including stuff by F.A. Hayek, Andrew Napolitano, Thomas DiLorenzo, Murray Rothbard, G. Edward Griffin, Henry Hazlitt, and Ludwig von Mises. (I would be highly impressed if you knew any of these authors.)

I also love that OKCupid thinks I'm more capitalistic than most women my age. drat right. I am a voluntaryist at my core and a firm believer in the non-aggression principle. (If you're not familiar, I highly recommend looking into it.)

MOVIES: Never ask a film major what their favorite movie is. There is no way I could ever compile an adequate list. For the sake of brevity (which I passed a long time ago, I know), here are some narrative filmmakers I like: Quentin Tarantino, Paul Thomas Anderson, Martin Scorsese, the Cohen Brothers, Charlie Kaufman, Stephen Soderbergh, Woody Allen, Mike Nichols, Wes Anderson, Steven Spielberg, Orson Wells, Alfred Hitchcock, John Hughes, Stanley Kubrick, Billy Wilder, Francis Ford Coppola, Charlie Chaplin, Frank Capra, David Lynch, Judd Apatow, Sydney Lumet, Roman Polanski, Ricky Gervais, Jim Jarmusch, Tim Burton, Sydney Pollack, David Fincher, George Lucas, Christopher Nolan, Ron Howard, Terry Gilliam, Brian De Palma, Buster Keaton, Peter Jackson, Mel Brooks, Rob Reiner, Kevin Smith, Harold Ramis, Spike Jonze, Richard Linklater, Sam Mendes, Milos Forman

Documentaries: America: Freedom to Fascism; The Money Masters, Super Size Me, Why We Fight, Fat Head, Who Killed the Electric Car?, King Corn, Hacking Democracy, Man on Wire, Freedom Fries, Microcosmos; WMD: Weapons of Mass Deception; What Would Jesus Buy?, The Future of Food, The Men Who Killed Kennedy, Word Wars, McLibel, Cocaine Cowboys

**Subtitles are always preferable to dubbing. Widescreen is always preferable to full screen.**

SHOWS: Most of what is on cable or network television is boring and lame. However, Netflix (along with various friends over the years) has turned me on to a slew of awesome series: The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Office (US & UK), Extras, Arrested Development, Freaks & Geeks, Trailer Park Boys, Glee (It’s a guilty pleasure, but what can I say? I was a choir nerd in high school.), The Tudors, West Wing; Penn & Teller: Bullshit!; Flight of the Conchords, Rome, That 70’s Show, CSI, Sex and the City (yes, I am a girl), Weeds, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, The Wire, Iron Chef (the original, not the crappy new US version), Heroes, Lost, Party Down, Parks and Recreation, The Kids in the Hall, Reno 911!, Wonder Showzen, Twin Peaks, Sifl & Olly, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Shameless, Treme, House of Cards, Californication, Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Firefly

MUSIC: This is one of my all-time favorite things. My tastes are pretty varied. Over the years, I’ve found that there’s something I like in pretty much every genre (excluding Death Metal). This is nowhere near an exhaustive list, but here are some bands I really dig in each of these genres…

Punk: The Ramones, The Pogues, Flogging Molly, The Clash, Gogol Bordello, Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, New York Dolls, The Cramps, Old 97’s, The Pixies, Adam Ant, The Misfits, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Funk/Soul/Reggae: Curtis Mayfield, Prince, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Stevie Wonder, India Arie, Al Green, Matisyahu, Ozomatli, Bob Marley

Alternative: Magnetic Fields, They Might Be Giants, Flaming Lips, Tom Waits, The Cure, Talking Heads, Brian Jonestown Massacre, The White Stripes, The Beta Band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Joy Division, Green Day, Red Kross, Jesus & Mary Chain, Beck, The Aquabats, Cake, Ben Folds Five, Soul Coughing, Dead Kennedys

Classic Rock: The Doors, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Neil Young, Lou Reed, The Kinks, Janis Joplin, John Lennon, Mamas & The Papas, The Traveling Wilburys, Rush, Electric Light Orchestra, Joe Cocker, Pink Floyd, The Who, Frank Zappa, Moody Blues, The Velvet Underground, Queen, Led Zeppelin

Hip-hop: Digable Planets, Outkast, Arrested Development, Mos Def, Headnotic, Kurtis Blow, Public Enemy, De La Soul, Beastie Boys, Common, Psalm One, The Perceptionists, Salt ‘N’ Pepa, Jurassic 5, Deep Thinkers, Flobots, Dr. Dre, Lauryn Hill

Pop: REM, David Bowie, Lilly Allen, Tegan & Sara, The Police, DEVO, The Faint, Michael Jackson, Stray Cats, Pop Will Eat Itself, Tracy Chapman, The Postal Service, VHS or Beta, TV On the Radio, Peter Gabriel, The Smiths, Morrissey, U2 (early stuff), New Order, Noah & the Whale, Of Montreal, Happy Mondays

Bluegrass: Splitlip Rayfield, Truckstop Honeymoon, The Wilders, Kirk Rundstrom, Blue, Gillian Welch, Bill Monroe

Jazz/Blues: Louis Armstrong, Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Malachi Thompson, John Coltrane, Robert Johnson, Edith Piaf, Cab Calloway, Otis Redding, Muddy Waters, Ray Charles, Wilson Pickett

Oldies: Sam Cooke, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Jackie Wilson, Richie Valens, Nat King Cole, Petula Clark, Connie Francis, Johnny Mathis, The Beach Boys, Paul Revere & the Raiders, The Everly Brothers, a gazillion others

Folk: Bob Dylan, Nick Drake, Simon & Garfunkel; Peter, Paul, & Mary; Nickel Creek, Iron & Wine, Hot Tuna, Jolie Holland

Singer/Songwriter: Billy Joel, Norah Jones, James Taylor, David Sylvian, Elliott Smith, Jack Johnson, Paul Simon, Van Morrison, Madeleine Peyroux

World: Dead Can Dance, Carlos Nakai, Os Mutantes, Buena Vista Social Club, Coyote Oldman

Yeah. I like music.

I also, admittedly, like most musicals. Like I said, I was a total choir nerd in high school and I was in many a musical theater production. So yeah, a lot of that stuck. Also notice how today’s Top 40 “artists” didn’t make the list. That was intentional. It’s mostly crap.

FOOD: Mostly Paleo, mostly organic. I'm a big fan of Thai, Japanese (including sushi), Mexican, Chinese, Mediterranean, anything Italian.

I generally prefer to check out local options in lieu of chains. I pretty much only eat real, actual food (no preservatives or frankenfoods) which limits my restaurant options somewhat. I cook a lot, and rock pretty hard at it.

I think most of us will be doing without a lot of things we thought we couldn't in the coming years. But it's amazing how resilient humans can be. Survival's a pretty strong motivator...anyway, TANGENT! If the poo poo hits the fan (what an odd metaphor that is), I could do without any or all of these things, but for the sake of getting to know me...

- New music (I've had my share of pain in my life, but as long as I have a soundtrack to go with it, it always seems to work out okay.)
How my mom's doing since my dad died. How different our lives will be now. How to get back in shape. What my next move is. Why so many people have a strong desire to control other people.
Usually home, unwinding from the work week. If I go out on a weekend, it's probably on Saturday. I often prefer to go out on weeknights to avoid the huge crowds. There also seem to be better specials during the week than on most weekends. Live shows are great, but in most other situations, I'd rather hear what my company has to say.

I really enjoy "get-together" games like Scrabble, Taboo, Apples to Apples, etc. I also really dig playing cards. I know speed, gin, rummy, gin rummy, poker, Texas hold 'em, etc. I used to know spades, hearts, and canasta but have since forgotten. If you know them, or any others I don't know, I'm an eager learner. I'd play cards all the time if I had a willing partner (or team).

I like to go barefoot most of the time, so I often have dirty toes. Don't judge. It's awesome. Totally worth it.

I've seen every episode of Murder She Wrote. Go ahead and judge. It's utterly ridiculous.
You should message me if
You...
have an open mind.
have a healthy libido.
appreciate quality.
enjoy the outdoors.
are a positive person.
value self-reliance.
can laugh at yourself.

this chick sounds alright

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

quote:

My Self Summary:
Plus size, pansexual, biohacking cyborg

Cyborg? I have three magnets installed in my hands that allow me to feel electromagnetic waves (and pick up small metal objects). I also have a NFC chip implanted in my hand that stores 888 bytes of data and is readable by most NFC sensing devices. Some day I'll fit a full computer under this skin. Some day.

Interested in my day to day? [TWITTER]

I'm also here
[FETLIFE]

What I'm Doing With My Life:
Web developer, biohacker/grinder, training circus performer, friend to birds

I'm Really Good At:
Liking birds

Favorite poo poo:
This list doesn't cover everything, just what comes to mind. Adding and updating as always!

Movies: Ghost Shark, Guardans of the Galaxy, Pacific Rim, Sharknado,

Books: Someone Comes to Town Someone Leaves Town, Pirate Cinema, Snow Crash, a Place so Foreign and Eight More, Overclocked, many more that just aren't coming to mind right now,

TV: Bojack Horseman, Parks and Recreation, Kill la Kll,

Music: Sleigh Bells, Math the Band, Horse the Band, 1000 Homo DJs, Ministry,Steam Powered Giraffe, Modest Mouse, Porcupine Tree, Steven Willson, Archive, Explosions in the Sky, 65 days of static, Mastodon, Mlada Fronta, Front 242, Kidneythieves, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Pig, Beats Antique, Andrew W.K., Disparition, Nine inch Nails, KMFDM, Agalloch (need to be in the right mood though) and SO MUCH MORE

Podcasts: Welcome to Night Vale, Kakos Industres

Six Things:
- Exobrain (Phone)
- Laptop
- Some kind of connection to the outside world (Internet, meshnet, mobile signal)
- My Birds
Still deciding on the last two...

Spend A Lot of Time Thinking about :
Birds
Biohacking / Cybernetics
The Internet (culture, law, development, etc)

You Should Message Me if:
You want to say hi! No, seriously. I really suck at making first contact so...

Orientation: Pansexual
Ethnicity: White
Height: 5′ 2″ (1.58m)
Body Type: Overweight
Drinks: Very often
Drugs: Sometimes
Type: Strictly non-monogamous
Offspring: Doesn’t have kids, and doesn’t want any

:roboluv:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

why dont you biohack some jenny craig

stump collector
May 28, 2007
bio hack your wrist

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
Why does it seem like there are lots of scummy folks on okcupid?

Where do good people go? Are there good people?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

unassertive boy 99 posted:

Why does it seem like there are lots of scummy folks on okcupid?

Where do good people go? Are there good people?

Good people don't need a dating site. Fat fucks that need to gently caress anything that crawls by due to a lack of desire go online and post walls of text and claim to be pansexual.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

caberham posted:

Oh nevermind found this

My self-summary

I’m really good at

Yeah. I like music.

You should message me if
You...
have an open mind.
have a healthy libido.
appreciate quality.
enjoy the outdoors.
are a positive person.
value self-reliance.
can laugh at yourself.

"TV is boring and lame"
*Lists every popular TV show from the last decade as favourite shows*

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what the h!!

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
"Feel free to skip any section you don't care much about."

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
i like all music except country and rap

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

Stupid poo poo like this always makes me laugh. TV sucks! Here is a massive list of the most popular TV shows in the past few years that I watched. The only thing that is remotely interesting that can be gleaned from that list is Party Down since no one saw it

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp

EightBit posted:

Good people don't need a dating site. Fat fucks that need to gently caress anything that crawls by due to a lack of desire go online and post walls of text and claim to be pansexual.
Yea but people will be lazy eternally, so why aren't there so many LAZY but decent folks... I thought that was the primo type but turns out it's actually mostly scumlord dudes

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
You guys want the picture?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

i like all music except country and rap

The inverse of this is like "love country, hate rap"

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

unassertive boy 99 posted:

Yea but people will be lazy eternally, so why aren't there so many LAZY but decent folks... I thought that was the primo type but turns out it's actually mostly scumlord dudes

Lazy men, whether decent or not, are single. Lazy women are still drowning in dick.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

caberham posted:

You guys want the picture?

this should be mandatory when posting

New country is more or less rock/hip hop fused together so it's even worse than before. It's still fun to listen to sometimes so whatever

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I forgot the user name, but the keyword is "LIBERTY" - RON PAUL

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

mostly paleo my rear end

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
slam whale holy grail

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

caberham posted:

I forgot the user name, but the keyword is "LIBERTY" - RON PAUL

For some reason I look at that and immediately think of

maybe it's the glasses/smug smile I dunno

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
true story: i ignored an email from someone out of my league for listing ayn rand as a favorite author

im kinda an rear end in a top hat

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Let's give the OK Cupid discussion a rest and move on.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

true story: i ignored an email from someone out of my league for listing ayn rand as a favorite author

im kinda an rear end in a top hat

Your to be congratulated. Usually responding to such email can often result in being bent over by someone hot who is wearing their Ayn Rand mask and pegging you using nearly enough lube.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

SaltLick posted:

Stupid poo poo like this always makes me laugh. TV sucks! Here is a massive list of the most popular TV shows in the past few years that I watched. The only thing that is remotely interesting that can be gleaned from that list is Party Down since no one saw it

She doesn't list True Detective so it's safe to say that she has poo poo taste. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
This one is both annoying and funny:

quote:

Self-summary:

Rotten to the core.
Mean as a snake.

Perfecting the French goodbye.

I'm going to stab my eyes out if I read the following again:

-bonus points if....( I don't need your bonus points)
- living life to its fullest (seriously?)
- I love to travel (we all do)
- see another dick pic

No more Ms Nice girl.

What I’m doing with my life:

I have a small home grown business that revolves around food and gathering people together,

I’m really good at:

Making you laugh
Cooking
Looking for my keys
Rapping to the Sugar Hill Gang
Being a wise rear end
Parallel parking
Picking the worst check out line at the grocery store
Throwing parties
Finding the perfect shade of red
Dressing snappy
Being on time
The thug life
Doing the robot
Books- Let the Wolves Know I'm Home
I have an enormous collection of cookbooks
My nerdy self will go thorough them once in a while
Movie- Frida
Shows- House of Cards
Food- Thai or Mexican
I made you mixed tape:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ-IpzxRYvtDQvTIUI2KlJeikb4bZRU2Q
Music- Brandi Carlile, Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Ray LaMontagne

The six things I could never do without:

My family
My glasses, the better to see you with my dear
Sex- I know, I know, girls aren't supposed to say they actually like sex. I do.. Go figure
My car keys (which i loose constantly)
Diet coke
Beards (On men, I wax mine)
Good sheets
Food
Jukeboxes
Kindness
Red lipstick

I spend a lot of time thinking about :

Building a successful business.
Feeling the fear and doing it anyway.
If the black box is indestructible then why isn't the whole plane made out of black box?
What was 48 across?
Where are my keys????
Cruising for a bruising

You should message me if:

If you know where my keys are....

• Locked thread