Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

If anyone's interested I have a cartridge only copy of Majora's Mask 3DS for sale in SA-Mart. Its $33 shipped but if you mention this post I'll do $30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

jivjov posted:

That's one of those things we have to practice first, right? Should I bring any tools?

Just make sure you have some latex bags handy to put your DSes in.

Remember, kids, practice safe streetpassing!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

epsilon posted:

If anyone's interested I have a cartridge only copy of Majora's Mask 3DS for sale in SA-Mart. Its $33 shipped but if you mention this post I'll do $30.

poo poo, I'd have taken it off your hands if I hadn't bought a copy off eBay for $30 shipped a couple days ago.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

You're preaching to people who don't care as long as it's "playable." This same exact argument happens fairly often when it comes to GBA games on 3DS, which frankly kinda suck and aren't worth paying for, yet there's always a vocal crowd here who wants to whine about not having them despite their lack of quality.

The hostility here is a little weird. It's the vast majority of people that don't mind frameskip and small errors and stuff if it means they can play their favorite games again, the good far outweighs the bad.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 15, 2015

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The power button is pretty much right where my finger rests against it at the bottom and it's on the curved part so it's super easy to hit it when I'm pressing down on the shoulder buttons.

I still don't get it. My ring and pinky fingers rest on the back of the system near the power button, like in those pictures, but I would have to contort my hand into some kind of weird claw to actually get them to press against the bottom edge of the system. If that's happening to you, it should be easy to avoid by adjusting your grip.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Seriously just practice your holding things.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So funny thing, in STEAM you need steam in reserve to go into overwatch mode. Enemies don't. Also they can overwatch fire on you forever. Also there's no cool down and you don't even have to be moving.

I just had a alien kill one of my units because I literally could not move and it kept overwatch firing at him then got to keep shooting on the aliens turn.

Edit: Lol this mission sucks rear end. super cramped space and a ton of enemies who have infinite overwatch and stun lock you the second it's your turn.

Combined with being very underwhelmed by the demo the impressions from the full game totally killed my interest

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

That works great if you have the hands of a small child or like a teenage girl but once you get older you'll find that you can't comfortably grip with your palms because your thumb extends up too far to comfortably press all the buttons, and also that clenching a toy literally designed for child hands and Japanese teenagers with your palm for hours actually doesn't feel great. So instead you rest the back of the controller against your ring/index finger and the bottom against your pinkies which is great because not only do you not have to try and grip down on it but it naturally doesn't move when you press the face or shoulders buttons and you can hit all of them at once without adjusting your grip. It's a really cool + comfortable + functional + natural way to hold basically any horizontally oriented handheld ever, if you are an adult male, or Lana Kane.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The proper way to hold a 3DSXL is at home, reclining in bed, so that you can prop it up on your lap, hth

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Fellatio del Toro posted:

That works great if you have the hands of a small child or like a teenage girl but once you get older you'll find that you can't comfortably grip with your palms because your thumb extends up too far to comfortably press all the buttons, and also that clenching a toy literally designed for child hands and Japanese teenagers with your palm for hours actually doesn't feel great. So instead you rest the back of the controller against your ring/index finger and the bottom against your pinkies which is great because not only do you not have to try and grip down on it but it naturally doesn't move when you press the face or shoulders buttons and you can hit all of them at once without adjusting your grip. It's a really cool + comfortable + functional + natural way to hold basically any horizontally oriented handheld ever, if you are an adult male, or Lana Kane.

isn't that the regular way to hold it?

either this will reaffirm a point or everyone will think I'm a retard for holding it like this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grass Effect posted:

either this will reaffirm a point or everyone will think I'm a retard for holding it like this

No that is in fact the way normal well adjusted adults should hold it.

New Nintendo 3DS Chat: Grippin' It

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

precision posted:

The proper way to hold a 3DSXL is at home, reclining in bed, so that you can prop it up on your lap, hth

Yes

Edit: this thread is no longer pants chat but grip chat instead.

littleorv fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 15, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Combined with being very underwhelmed by the demo the impressions from the full game totally killed my interest

If it matters it's only been a single mission that it's been as cramped as that. A lot of your units have a mortar of some kind or deal with explosives but the maps usually take that into consideration. That particular map didn't and was just garbage.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Grass Effect posted:

You have like the nicest fuckin' hand. I'm jealous if both hands are that nice looking

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Two of the three images you posted are of low power 3DSes, wierd.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

jivjov posted:

I love conventions.

I'm finally free!! (Until a new panel is released...)

Pretty sure this will be me after I go to the Zelda concert in Atlanta.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The transaction for my dock was removed from my credit card statement but the info on the site has still not changed. i got a shipment notification a few days ago, but the info never changed on the site to say "shipped"

So...here we are.

e: Called Nintendo and the dude said my order hadn't shipped at all. Pretty sure I just got assed by Nintendo.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 15, 2015

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

enojy posted:

You have like the nicest fuckin' hand. I'm jealous if both hands are that nice looking

Seriously, I refuse to believe that wasn't a modelled photo for a 3DS.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

How long does Download Play stuff normally take? I'm trying to setup a Download Play multiplayer game of Kirby Fighters in Triple Deluxe, and the 3DS which is receiving the game has just said "Please Wait" for about 25 minutes now.

e: Wait I'm totally dumb lol.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 15, 2015

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

enojy posted:

The other hand is a literal lobster claw grafted onto a human wrist.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
A bit late to the party but I am absolutely loving Outrun 3D. By far the best Sega 3D classic.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Super Hang-on does not have that awesome mode the Mega Drive which worked like a pseudo-career mode with the ability to buy parts for your bike. It's just a straight up port of the arcade game, which is neat and all, but after seeing M2 doing a bunch of crazy stuff before on their works I was expecting a bit more.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That mode sucked, honestly. You'd start a race, break something on your bike and be forced to start > restart > forfeit a race a hundred times just to collect enough consolation parts to fix your bike and try again.

The gyro controls they added are fun, too, and if you play on New 3DS you can use 3D and gyro simultaneously.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Saoshyant posted:

Super Hang-on does not have that awesome mode the Mega Drive which worked like a pseudo-career mode with the ability to buy parts for your bike. It's just a straight up port of the arcade game, which is neat and all, but after seeing M2 doing a bunch of crazy stuff before on their works I was expecting a bit more.

To be fair, that was an earlier 3D Classic. Maybe they hadn't wanted to try pursuing any avenues like they have recently.

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

I recently picked Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'm at chapter 3 and loving it so far, but there's a few things I'm not sure I get really. What's the least painful control setup? Is there anything I should know about the weapon fusion stuff?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Jelly Omelettle posted:

I recently picked Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'm at chapter 3 and loving it so far, but there's a few things I'm not sure I get really. What's the least painful control setup? Is there anything I should know about the weapon fusion stuff?

Unfortunately, the best control setup is the most painful (the default controls). You can try using the ABXY buttons for aiming, but it's not going to be anywhere near as accurate as using the stylus. It's recommended to sit cross-legged with a pillow on your lap and rest the 3DS on the pillow. That's how I made playing more bearable. With weapon fusions, I would start doing them early on. Sort the fusions by strength and go from there. I made the mistake of using the first weapon though half of the game, which made later levels that much harder.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Fuse for better weapons as often as you can, but try as hard as you can to not fuse what you are currently using unless its absolutely necessary.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You'd start a race, break something on your bike and be forced to start > restart > forfeit a race a hundred times just to collect enough consolation parts to fix your bike and try again.

Oh, oh yeah, that was a thing. I think selective memory is awesome because I had managed to completely remove those "fun" moments out of what I remembered about the MD port.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I just found my copy of Ocarina of time. This is rare now? Why? How much could/should I sell it for?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I just found my copy of Ocarina of time. This is rare now? Why? How much could/should I sell it for?

Currently sells around the $70 mark.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Why!?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's been out of print in the US since it's initial run. You can get new copies in PAL regions for retail price though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Best guess: OoT3D wasn't printed as much back when it came out because 3DS sales were still kinda lovely. Nowadays the 3DS is quite popular and Nintendo still has not printed many copies of OoT3D. Supply, demand.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

completely unrelated note, I have a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D if anyone wants to buy :smug:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some more info on the new Langrisser game: http://gematsu.com/2015/03/langrisser-3ds-titled-slated-for-july-in-japan

It's called "Langrisser Re:Incarnation Tensei" (yeah), it'll be out in Japan in July, and there's a LE that includes some puchi figures, a 2-disc OST with new and classic tracks (including new trunes from Noriyuki Iwadare) and a 64-page artbook with rare and unpublished art from Satoshi Urushihara and the new guy.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

:psyduck: I bought a used complete copy with working Club Nintendo code from Best Buy in November for $22.50

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hahaha nostalgia must be a hell of a thing, cause OOT certainly ain't good enough to justify paying that much for it

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Cless Alvein posted:

:psyduck: I bought a used complete copy with working Club Nintendo code from Best Buy in November for $22.50

Yeah, Majora's Mask getting released reminded lots of people that a good port of OoT came out years ago and things kinda got crazy.

At least there's a digital version around that'll let people avoid getting gouged.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

forbidden lesbian posted:

Hahaha nostalgia must be a hell of a thing, cause OOT certainly ain't good enough to justify paying that much for it

70 bucks wouldn't be that bad if you couldn't just buy the digital version which... you totally can so yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

precision posted:

70 bucks wouldn't be that bad if you couldn't just buy the digital version which... you totally can so yeah

Your average customer knows nothing about digital stores on consoles other than phones. Seriously on a near daily basis I have to explain that to people.