Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Matthew Beet posted:

Vote fve olen manbabes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
To be fair, that was a creative way to avoid proofreading for GRID every post. I even url'd a translator for you to make it as harmless as possible.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

To be fair, that was a creative way to avoid proofreading for GRID every post. I even url'd a translator for you to make it as harmless as possible.

yes it was funny. i only stopped reading when you stopped embedding the url.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Those were phone posts which usually make urling harder than usual, yes.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Lid posted:

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read - essentially "don't vote me guys, i'm not Anidav you can only vote me day 2 without being suss". Really? I was encouraging you to keep talking earlier as it was good for town and fosters discussion but if you're scummy, you're scummy. Being a poster doesn't reprieve you from being scum.

I think you're completely misreading what I'm saying? I think I see why milky butts heads with you so much, I think you really do just skim posts.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

Gaspy why have you done this. You are usually much better researched.

SKY COQ posted:

Early call - are you able to expand on it?

SKY COQ posted:

I love you Tithin.

hmmm yes... yes... insightful

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

hmmm yes... yes... insightful

I'm impressed with you Beet. one way or another you're very on point this game.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Asphyxious posted:

I think you're completely misreading what I'm saying? I think I see why milky butts heads with you so much, I think you really do just skim posts.

No I read it, and your statement MMG is trying to create a wagon on you is fine. The line is crossed when you go "this wagon is from nowhere" to "I am at best a day 2". It places yourself in a position to be ignored for the rest of today if the wagon loses steam regardless of if you then become a significantly scummy poster. Vote wagons start fast and die the moment they reverse, I don't like players turboing Anidav for day 1, no more than I like you saying what implies you shouldn't be killed day 1 because you're at best a day 2.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I'm impressed with you Beet. one way or another you're very on point this game.

i told you i was back at uni.. guess what i'm studying

*psst flip on your signature*

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Lid posted:

No I read it, and your statement MMG is trying to create a wagon on you is fine. The line is crossed when you go "this wagon is from nowhere" to "I am at best a day 2". It places yourself in a position to be ignored for the rest of today if the wagon loses steam regardless of if you then become a significantly scummy poster. Vote wagons start fast and die the moment they reverse, I don't like players turboing Anidav for day 1, no more than I like you saying what implies you shouldn't be killed day 1 because you're at best a day 2.

I shouldn't be killed day 1 because I'm more valuable as a town than I am a risk as a scum. And this isn't bluster this is cold hard results. Even being all whoopdy dee look at what a target I am, dollars to doughnuts I'm going to get bumped off by the scum at night soon enough, and only a clod would do their work for them. Make them sweat, make them work for it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lid posted:

i really don't read into it what you're saying and i'm semi suss on gaspy still.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

i told you i was back at uni.. guess what i'm studying

*psst flip on your signature*

You lie.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The number of people in auspol who are or have studied fucken linguistics is beyond a joke

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

The number of people in auspol who are or have studied fucken linguistics is beyond a joke

one?

lol. gaspy you got owned.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

besides the fact that gaspies employed by coles as a manager despite having a degree in it should tell you all you need to know about the job prospects in the exciting field of linguistics

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

no legit that's a good burn.

no seriously what are we at? two? didn't busb say he did too? three?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am suss on Gaspy, Bif and Kat. by extention to the quieter posters - Milky, Fruity and Gwyn.

1. Gaspy doesn't need to be repeated, I've already expanded on this.

2. Bif is kinda weird but she's typically hard to read so she may disappear from this list soon depending on her efforts in future days.

3. Kat just

Kat Delacour posted:

Clam down everyone, let the shitposting waft delicately over your palate, savour the subtle flavours

Kat Delacour posted:

Before Gaspy fires up the linguisto5000 it's actually deliberate. I don't remember the why anymore but it's an in-joke from somewhere that's out.

Kat Delacour posted:

Right in the feels!

Kat Delacour posted:

They were reminded but I dazzled them into loving me.

Kat Delacour posted:

What are you fuckers trying to say making me a roleblocker scum in the last couple games >:(

Kat Delacour posted:

Vote fve olen manbabes

Has a very abstract post history outside of talking to me and a few other things. It's day one; once again so I'm still waiting to evolve my list.

Asphyxious posted:

I shouldn't be killed day 1 because I'm more valuable as a town than I am a risk as a scum. And this isn't bluster this is cold hard results. Even being all whoopdy dee look at what a target I am, dollars to doughnuts I'm going to get bumped off by the scum at night soon enough, and only a clod would do their work for them. Make them sweat, make them work for it.

"What's the point of lynching me? Scum will kill me anyway!"

##vote Asphyxious

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
so i didn't read the past nine pages

sup

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

no legit that's a good burn.

no seriously what are we at? two? didn't busb say he did too? three?

Busb, me, Freeze Peach.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

I think he said SA is blocked at his work.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

some days i can phone post but today was not one of those days

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hi Milky, nothing of value has been contributed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

This is normally what I would believe, but if you don't remember to get your paranoid pre-nightphase last words in, and explain all the extra bonus joke gambits you were totally planning behind all these silly posts, that D1 reprieve is gonna dry up pretty quick.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

some days i can phone post but today was not one of those days

yeah don't stress the post count too much. work is why suggested 36 hour turn arounds to begin with.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

This is normally what I would believe, but if you don't remember to get your paranoid pre-nightphase last words in, and explain all the extra bonus joke gambits you were totally planning behind all these silly posts, that D1 reprieve is gonna dry up pretty quick.

Yeah I've learnt that lesson, I'll give a full dossier before night one this time. Scouts honour.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

i like the 'i'm working on something, i'll tell you tomorrow'

*doesn't get night killed*

that one never gets old either.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh um i think bif might be scum purely because she hasn't shat all over me or gaspy this game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Although the "joke posts" people seem to be jumping on is me just telling jokes. I'm not sure when that became a lynchable offense but if I'm not allowed to have fun in a game holy poo poo just kill me now.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Anidav posted:

I am suss on Gaspy, Bif and Kat. by extention to the quieter posters - Milky, Fruity and Gwyn.

1. Gaspy doesn't need to be repeated, I've already expanded on this.

2. Bif is kinda weird but she's typically hard to read so she may disappear from this list soon depending on her efforts in future days.

3. Kat just

Has a very abstract post history outside of talking to me and a few other things. It's day one; once again so I'm still waiting to evolve my list.

"What's the point of lynching me? Scum will kill me anyway!"

##vote Asphyxious

Why not Gough Suppressant if suss on the quieter posters?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Although the "joke posts" people seem to be jumping on is me just telling jokes. I'm not sure when that became a lynchable offense but if I'm not allowed to have fun in a game holy poo poo just kill me now.

i never said joke posts, i said more jovial. you've turned it up to eleven

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

i like the 'i'm working on something, i'll tell you tomorrow'

*doesn't get night killed*

that one never gets old either.

It's a legitimate tactic, as long as scum keep thinking they can peg poo poo on me during the day and I get another go at hunting, why not?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

i never said joke posts, i said more jovial. you've turned it up to eleven

I'm in a good mood?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

oh um i think bif might be scum purely because she hasn't shat all over me or gaspy this game.

I was the first one to bloody call out Gaspy! :v: I called off for a bit because the "voting for Beet was obviously dumb and a trick you guys" actually sounded plausible cause it was pretty obviously dumb. But now he's fallen right back off the wagon like he's going down a loving checklist of wrong things to say (either in general, or for him)

(One of those things was "wow I'm so impressed with Beet he's so on point" :v:)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lid posted:

Why not Gough Suppressant if suss on the quieter posters?

Oh, I forgot about him. goes to show just how quiet some people are.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

It's a legitimate tactic, as long as scum keep thinking they can peg poo poo on me during the day and I get another go at hunting, why not?

no. scum will be afraid of what you might be cooking up and will kill you and you may have been right or you may have been wrong but you didn't share it with town so no one will ever know.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I suggest that we lynch in alphabetical order.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

no. scum will be afraid of what you might be cooking up and will kill you and you may have been right or you may have been wrong but you didn't share it with town so no one will ever know.

I've already said I'll give a write up before N1 jeez get off my beans already.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I was the first one to bloody call out Gaspy! :v: I called off for a bit because the "voting for Beet was obviously dumb and a trick you guys" actually sounded plausible cause it was pretty obviously dumb. But now he's fallen right back off the wagon like he's going down a loving checklist of wrong things to say (either in general, or for him)

(One of those things was "wow I'm so impressed with Beet he's so on point" :v:)

geez i was joking. (lol)

yeah his 'me on point' thing is why im attacking him again, it's my biggest flag and he's deliberately trying to get on my good side.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Milky Moor posted:

I suggest that we lynch in alphabetical order.

M...N...O.......

What a good idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tangentially related to theme of the game, amiibos own and are legit fun

I've got a level 12 villager (I've called him killager) that got here in the mail today and he's kicking my rear end sideways.

• Locked thread