Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Hirayuki posted:

I assumed "nu3dsm" was some kind of dork code for the New 3DS.

It is. He has the New 3DS XL. The New 3DS XL does not have interchangeable faceplaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Inco posted:

It is. He has the New 3DS XL. The New 3DS XL does not have interchangeable faceplaces.
Oh, okay. I remember seeing the faceplates in Japan before I'd even heard about the new console and thought they went on both sizes (and that both sizes would make it outside Japan).

I don't know why he didn't just do this instead:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Knex-Game-Storage-Rack-with-Accesory-Storage-Case-/

Is your 3DS a little too conveniently mobile? Have we got a hack for you!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

KillerEggplant posted:

And fuckin' blue raspberry. Blue raspberry is nasty and bears no resemblance to actual raspberry.

That's because it's a different kind of Raspberry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_leucodermis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_occidentalis

I realize this is not common knowledge, but I grew up in an area that grows a vast amount of these and they are fuckin' delicious.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I realize this is not common knowledge, but I grew up in an area that grows a vast amount of these and they are fuckin' delicious.

mind=blown

I always thought that was a totally artificial flavor

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Un chien andalou posted:

mind=blown

Yeah, I grew up in an area where I would ride by giant fields of them on my bike pretty regularly. They aren't really electric blue however, more like a darkwash denim or a blackberry I guess. Sometimes they are yellowish, those one's taste better than the other ones. They are really expensive nowadays because crazy people think that an acid in them cures cancer, but when I was a kid they were cheaper than normal raspberries and you could just buy them on the side of the road along with marionberries, thimble berries, boysenberries and other less common things. They make really good pies, and are a good sub for cranberry if you're making an apple/*berry pie.

I linked both those articles because while the top ones are officially "blue raspberries" everywhere grew both of them and they are very similar to the point of me not really remembering there being a clear distinction when buying them (people referred to both as black raspberries) much like Boysenberry and Marion Berry.

El Estrago Bonito has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Mar 19, 2015

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

One is called 'white skin' and the other is called 'western'. I don't know why this is important, but I'm sure it is.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Un chien andalou posted:

mind=blown

Same! I can't even imagine tasting a real fruit that tastes like that. All this time I thought candy & gum makers were just :effort: making raspberry.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Huh! I learned something today. I grew up in an area with the second type, the black raspberries (there were wild canes in the woods all over the place), but I never thought the blue raspberry flavor tasted like that and I had no idea there were real blue raspberries. Thanks!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Whereas I currently enjoy a glass of crushed thawed raspberry proper, with healthy splash of BacardíŽ white rum on top. None of my circomstances in life have changed, but I feel a whole lot better about them. #Lifehack #AdultCandy

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Holy poo poo.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Lifehack: Need to eat more interesting foods? Try the regional produce of the Pacific Northwest! It's interesting variants of foods you're familiar with! Walla!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

I remember them being cracking good fun. Because careful of getting stung though.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

bunnyofdoom posted:

I remember them being cracking good fun. Because careful of getting stung though.

This mayor may not be accurate.

mozman
Nov 3, 2010
Every single one of these belongs here. Yes, they're still stupid even if they do work. http://imgur.com/gallery/VeQ3F

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I don't get the guy drilling into the bottle of booze.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Clitch posted:

He most likely managed to gently caress up corking it in the first place, and presumes a drill will somehow free his liquor and totally not leave it a slushy mess of grease and cork-bits. And glass slivers.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Dude has two laptops (assuming they're both laptops, I haven't seen anything else require a power block in a while) but not a microwave? Priorities, people.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Clitch posted:

Looks like he could be putting a screw in to the cork to pull out with a hammer or something. Def not using a drill bit though.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dude's got sissy hands, can't even put a screw into cork without predrilling.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

TheKennedys posted:

Dude has two laptops (assuming they're both laptops, I haven't seen anything else require a power block in a while) but not a microwave? Priorities, people.

Think college students think those rare ones that actually do work in a library think still loving stupid

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Eating flaky greasy pastry in the library is... actually pretty much what I'd expect from the average student, so yeah.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Rumda posted:

Think college students think those rare ones that actually do work in a library think still loving stupid

... What?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Just needs some punctuation: Think [of] college students. Think [of] those rare ones that actually do work in a library. Think "still loving stupid".

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Tiggum posted:

Just needs some punctuation: Think [of] college students. Think [of] those rare ones that actually do work in a library. Think "still loving stupid".

Thank you very much.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

My Lovely Horse posted:

Eating flaky greasy pastry in the library is... actually pretty much what I'd expect from the average student, so yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_llDslkBq4

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

I am legit mad at this one, baseball caps are cheap as hell and don't make you look like a oval office.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What is this lifehacking?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Len posted:

What is this lifehacking?

Looks like he's gonna do some amateur bee extermination.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kazil posted:

For like...$3 you can pick up a can with a 25foot spray that makes bees dead. Why do these people do this?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

kazil posted:

Yellow jackets, specifically:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/jqpxz/yellow_jackets_built_a_nest_inside_the_siding_of/

Alcohol was a factor.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
What the hell is that helmet kludged together from? It looks like a goddamn microwave or something.

E: Dug into the thread, found it.

Idiot Exterminator posted:

The whole gallery with action shots http://troypdx.imgur.com/1WE4E#6ZfAU The bee suit was created from items I had on hand in the house, in an effort to be true to the spirit of MacGyver. I'm especially proud of the face mask, which is the side panel of an old computer case. Once that was done, the plan was simple, or simple minded depending on how you look at it. I would have my girlfriend beat on the wall inside the house at the spot where the nest was (they built their nest in the wall between the house and the garage), and I would suck them up with the vacuum as they flew out. When I had gotten most of them, I would spray the bee killer inside the hole and douse the nest.

It was actually going fairly well, except it was pretty dark and I couldn't see how many bees I was dealing with, and also I was pretty drunk (I reasoned that alcohol would prevent me from going into shock if things went badly and I got stung a bunch). I was clowning around for my girlfriend, pretending I was being stung. Then a bee got inside my helmet and I started freaking out. My girlfriend thought I was still playing around, so I was on my own. I grabbed the bee poison and basically sprayed myself in the face. That stuff is really unpleasant. Then my glasses fell off and I was essentially blind between that and the spray. I went in the front yard and my girlfriend sprayed the bees that were still crawling all over me. I went inside and jumped in the shower. Then I heard screaming as my girlfriend found a couple bees flying around in the house. So I got out and sprayed them, and accidentally got the cats too. We'll probably all get cancer now.

I think I got about 80 bees, which judging from the activity I'm seeing at the nest barely made a dent. So... lesson learned. Never trust your girlfriend to properly duct tape your helmet on. And maybe I shouldn't have had that last shot. Oh well, I taught them a lesson, one sting and 80 of you die a horrible death, spinning around in the vacuum canister. Bet they got dizzy as gently caress.

TL;DR Bee suit, drunk, fiasco

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

PubicMice posted:

I am legit mad at this one, baseball caps are cheap as hell and don't make you look like a oval office.

The real life hack is that the box is filled with dry ice, giving him shade and a pleasant chill on a hot summer day.

drat, son, now you just look straight foolish

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

GenericOverusedName posted:

What the hell is that helmet kludged together from? It looks like a goddamn microwave or something.

E: Dug into the thread, found it.

Holy loving poo poo that was a terrible idea why did they go through with it? :magical:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Idiot exterminator posted:

TL;DR Bee suit, drunk, fiasco

This is poetry.

e: Hell I'm putting this comedy in five words on par with Oscar Wilde's tragedy in six. This is maximum lifehack right here.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Mar 22, 2015

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

ChaosArgate posted:

Holy loving poo poo that was a terrible idea why did they go through with it? :magical:

quote:

and also I was pretty drunk

Ronnz
Mar 6, 2010
Speaking of bee extermination, does anyone still have the pictures from the thread called "Oh dear lord! Bees!"

That thread was the reason I started reading SA and would also fit this thread pretty well. :v:

Edit: This one

Ronnz has a new favorite as of 23:31 on Mar 22, 2015

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Internet Archive still has them.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

That bee suit story is one of the greatest things I've ever read.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's also a front page article. I'm phone posting so linking it is too much :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I have done a similar, if much less elaborate, thing to get rid of yellow jackets.

I got stung right on my loving lip but we did manage to kill all of them.