Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Vengarr posted:

The TBDs get chewed up bad by T6 AA fire, I'd hate to see what would happen if you got thrown into a T8 game with them. Anything that improves speed and HP is probably worth it.
Alright, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srb
Jul 24, 2007
That's the stock config, yeah.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Does the Mogami have its original configuration of 15 6-inchers in this game?

Yes, and it upgrades to 10 8 inchers

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
15 guns sounds like a lot of crit rolls.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It doesn't really seem like crits are rolls a much as they are "hitting the right thing with a penetrating shot"

Like the cleveland can hammer dozens of hits onto a Kongo but I don't think I've ever critted one because the guns just don't penetrate into the juicy bits

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Firing HE at a CL or even CA deck will get you a whole lotta crits. Probably won't miss the lost AAMG or whatever terribly much but you sure blew it up. Torp launchers also tend to react badly to HE.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I can only hope that when the British Navy gets added they make the final Project Habakkuk design a premium ship. It would move at a snail's pace even with the game's compressed travel times but have insane AA cover, be nearly impervious to torpedoes and field bombers and fighters normally restricted to land bases, making it a balancing nightmare! But whatever, HUGE ICEBERG SHIP.

:eyepop:

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 19, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

15 guns sounds like a lot of crit rolls.

There's crits which are generally minor and if fire is any example smaller shells have a lower per-shell chance of them, and then there's citadel hits, which are just sloughing off 1/x of a target's health for values of x usually well under 10.

Also habakkuk is a bad idea for idiots, if it didn't require creative thought I'd have thought it was a kriegsmarine project. (Pykrete can deform, how are you going to fit the ship with the things that turn it from a hull into a ship (and a refrigeration plant), and what are you going to do about the outside of the hull getting eroded by water?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

xthetenth posted:

There's crits which are generally minor and if fire is any example smaller shells have a lower per-shell chance of them, and then there's citadel hits, which are just sloughing off 1/x of a target's health for values of x usually well under 10.

25-40% for any poor CA that happens to be fighting a battleship. I have strong feelings about large-caliber citpens.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Has anyone tried both the Main Battery Modification 2 and Gun Fire Control System 1 equipments? I bought the MBM 2 but I'm not sure if it actually gives you +10% rate of fire. "+10% loading time, +15% aiming speed" :confused:

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 19, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It's +10% reload time, as in you take longer to reload. Only use it if you're desperate for gun traverse rate.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Oh for fucks sake. :doh: That's not what I needed.

Does the Gun Fire Control System give any meaningful increase to accuracy though?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

PirateBob posted:

Does the Gun Fire Control System give any meaningful increase to accuracy though?

No one's sure afaik.

It seems to be better than a placebo. But that might just be the placebo effect speaking.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

PirateBob posted:

I suppose you could try and test it? Do a couple of runs in a co-op battle shooting at an island or some such and seeing what the results are like.

Though that seems rather :effort:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

PirateBob posted:

Sure seems that way. It felt very noticeable in the Kongo.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Blimp has a big black dildo on it.. wth.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

demonR6 posted:

Blimp has a big black dildo on it.. wth.

Looks like a shadow from that thing sticking out at the blimp's midsection.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Fart Car '97 posted:

I guess I just got lucky and never had it happen until just now.

Also torpedoes should come with a loving baby lock that doesn't allow someone to fire them into the path of a friendly ship because jesus christ pubbies are loving idiotic when it comes to just spamming torpedoes at ships regardless of whether or not there's friendlies nearby, especially when they're firing them from 8-9K away

The pubes (Pubbie is now too nice a word for them) have absolutely no concept of friendly fire. In their little fragile minds, it is your responsibility to dodge torpedoes that were launched despite 0% possibility of hitting an enemy target. Just like world of tank, you're not playing in a team against another team. You're playing with a group that is just as likely to kill you as the other team is.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Welp, found an afk-er today. First one since the launch of closed beta. Sadly, I'm a loving retard when I took the screenshot, so I don't have his name.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

JuffoWup posted:

Welp, found an afk-er today. First one since the launch of closed beta. Sadly, I'm a loving retard when I took the screenshot, so I don't have his name.

Why would you AFK in a beta? Find this person, report them, and then ask for a beta key so someone like me can take their place.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So uh, can anyone upload a copy of the regular cleveland texture file and post it? I kinda hosed up and made my pink dazzle camo skin on my backup.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

All this bote chat makes me wish I actually did get beta access :(

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I think they nerfed xp and credits:

Also, the Kongo is pretty awesome. It's not even fully upgraded.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Your playing a bot game, so yes, it is nerfed :v:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MoraleHazard posted:

I think they nerfed xp and credits:

Also, the Kongo is pretty awesome. It's not even fully upgraded.

Yeah, that's co-op mate.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
That was my brother. I forgot to tell him to make sure it's "random battle". I was wondering why the team pools were so small. :ughh:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Missing Name posted:

All this bote chat makes me wish I actually did get beta access :(

Don't we all, hopefully they send out more soon.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

That was my brother.

Sure it was buddy. Sure it was.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

That was my brother. I forgot to tell him to make sure it's "random battle". I was wondering why the team pools were so small. :ughh:

I'm really worried that a good portion of pubbies are playing this game exclusively on co-op and don't realize it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I've got some good shots on a enemy Fuso, and a dipshit destroyer behind me nails me with 3 torpedos. I sink before I can lay a few shots into him. Worst part is, the Fuso was 9 km out, so he was never going to hit him.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Elmnt80 posted:

So uh, can anyone upload a copy of the regular cleveland texture file and post it? I kinda hosed up and made my pink dazzle camo skin on my backup.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gil2xld54ab8loa/ASC007_Cleveland_1945_a.dds?dl=0

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
God drat do I wish there was replays. I just had a game that was ended with me showing a perfect example of why you have to be careful around upper tier cruisers while driving a carrier. Also careful of cruiser captains that know how to muck up a torp run.

I finally unlocked the aoba. And it is actually a pretty decent little ship. I mean, paper armor, but I do love the alpha of 6x 203mm guns. With a side helping of 4x 610mm torpedos. And I just now realized I can now shot to 10km ranges instead of pulling to 7 as I did in the last game. Oh well, it was to an independence I took no damage from the secondaries anyway.

Match was pretty much over, but the carriers didn't work together so while my barrage was on cooldown, I wasn't being hunted. Once the next wing found me by accident as I hunted for the other carrier, that carrier turned his top bomber wing around to get me. He ended up disengaging me without launching after losing all but one plane of the wing. Hunting carriers in a cruiser is almost being mean. They can't defend against you because your barrage and aa guns in general tear up their planes. However, the cruiser has enough fire power to answer back. Then again, the carrier shouldn't have been so exposed but the surrounding teammates died horribly. One shotting a destroyer will never get old. Particularly when you do it, then see two torp spreads miss the battleship nearby because of it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Aoba can actually do considerably better than 10-- mouse over your FCS for the exact range. The top FCS lets you shoot at 14.9km.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

-Troika- posted:

The Aoba can actually do considerably better than 10-- mouse over your FCS for the exact range. The top FCS lets you shoot at 14.9km.

Torps, not guns. Torps. Torps on the aoba go to 10km. The prior two was 7km which is what I was still judging to. The phoenix torps can only go to 5.5km.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Just checking in to say that a fleet of 3 DD's wrecks everything

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012
Im on the ship before the Aoba and I hope it's worth it. I loved the Cleveland but I missed torps. I love my DD's but they get one shotted. I hope IJN cruisers are a healthy balance. I got 4 kills in my first game in the Kuma so i hope its a sign

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cruisers get one shotted too. I OHKO'ed a Kuma and a Phoenix in two consecutive volleys from my Kongo. :getin:

Still only have a 35% win rate though. :downsgun:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There are stats? Where are they?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I think this picture sums up pretty well just how lovely the matchmaking system can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

santanotreal posted:

I think this picture sums up pretty well just how lovely the matchmaking system can be.

lovely matchmaking in a wargaming game? Surely not!