Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Verno5x posted:

I posted a thread on SA:Mart and one of the people replied and suggested that I ask here. I'm ~120 points short of Paper Mario on Club Nintendo. Does anyone know a good way to bridge that points gap? Alternatively, is anyone selling unused Club Nintendo codes?

Another thing you can do is walk into gamestop and try codes there. Or just ask an employee. The codes are good for 11 days now. You need 2 from Wii U titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Is IPS the better screen? Because it's what I got on my N3DS. That said, how does this really matter?

The colors are also more vibrant on the IPS screens.

Chibi-Robo is a cool game. I think I need to track down the GC one now.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Another thing you can do is walk into gamestop and try codes there. Or just ask an employee. The codes are good for 11 days now. You need 2 from Wii U titles.

I was in the same situation last week. Walmart.com has Ninja Gaiden 3 for $7 and it gives 60 points instantly supposedly with a 10 point post play, but you're cutting it close for that bonus. They matched it in store at my local Walmart so that took care of the first half. I ended up buying Shantae and Smash to get the other 60 points, but there may be some other clearance Wii U titles out there.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
AUS goons, the rest of the second wave of Sega 3D classics have been rated, so hopefully Outrun and Fantasy Zone won't be too far now.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Folks looking to get the digital version of Xenoblade, you may want to upgrade you MicroSD card. It won't fit the stock 4GB card if you're still using that.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=249536&utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone pickup Fossil Fighters? I can't seem to find a review for it.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

TheHouseofM posted:

Anyone pickup Fossil Fighters? I can't seem to find a review for it.

Do you like butts?

http://www.destructoid.com/rear end-to-mouth-dinosexual-action-in-nintendo-s-fossil-fighters-frontier-289234.phtml

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

one of the better review titles ive seen lately

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Just finished Apollo Justice. :toot: Last case was the best one, of course, but I also liked all the music references in the third case. I know people don't like that game, but I liked it just fine, so deal with it.

Next up I'll probably do the Investigations games.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Silver Falcon posted:

Just finished Apollo Justice. :toot: Last case was the best one, of course, but I also liked all the music references in the third case. I know people don't like that game, but I liked it just fine, so deal with it.

Next up I'll probably do the Investigations games.

AJ is a good game. The first Investigations didn't quite grab me the same way as most games in the series but playing as Miles motherfucking Edgeworth still made it fun and the sequel is really good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just finished AA #1. I still say the final case was stupid. I am not saying it wasn't enjoyable, but I hold with my statement of stupid.

But I do have to say I love how in the Japanese criminal justice system the defense and the prosecution work together to indict someone other than the defendant.

Also, I like Edgeworth.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Verno5x posted:

I posted a thread on SA:Mart and one of the people replied and suggested that I ask here. I'm ~120 points short of Paper Mario on Club Nintendo. Does anyone know a good way to bridge that points gap? Alternatively, is anyone selling unused Club Nintendo codes?

i got like 3 codes im willing to sell, i have no idea how much they are worth in points or money though, or even if european codes work for americans

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they dont

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is there a thread for selling them?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The last case in AA1 owns, Edgeworth owns.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

pun pundit posted:

Heh, I didn't even think about FE:A (which I have) because I think of it as a "FE game" not as an "SRPG"; I've no idea why that distinction exists in my head. Thanks for the Ghost Recon tip.

That's kinda funny considering FE is the original SRPG.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

You made a hilarious post about Apollo Justice yesterday where if anyone had brought any attention to it at all, it would have spoiled it. :3:

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 21, 2015

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
I've had the New 3DS XL for a couple of weeks now. Everything works fine, except one a week, whenever I return from sleep mode, the screen is blank. Only way to fix it is a hard reboot with the power switch. Is there any fix for this?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So I gave Pokemon shuffle a try. I almost beat Kyogre on my first shot but couldn't quite finish it off. Is it a better use of turns to git gud and try again, or to spend them getting better dudes?

I'd assume the first but it's a freemium game so :iiam:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Detective No. 27 posted:

You made a hilarious post about Apollo Justice yesterday where if anyone had brought any attention to it at all, it would have spoiled it. :3:

She figured that out a few hours after the fact. :v: She told me that she's thankful no one picked up on it or expanded on it.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014

Shards of Fate posted:

I've had the New 3DS XL for a couple of weeks now. Everything works fine, except one a week, whenever I return from sleep mode, the screen is blank. Only way to fix it is a hard reboot with the power switch. Is there any fix for this?

Definitely sounds like a defect. Contact Nintendo.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Anatharon posted:

So I gave Pokemon shuffle a try. I almost beat Kyogre on my first shot but couldn't quite finish it off. Is it a better use of turns to git gud and try again, or to spend them getting better dudes?

Get better pokémon.

You only need to use coins on the Mega battles, especially to S rank them.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Raichu. gently caress raichu.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Anatharon posted:

Get better dudes, you can go back and get ones you've missed when your current dudes have leveled up.
Some of them I think you pretty much have to circle back around to later, either that or use your freemium funbux to get more turns / a better pokeball / whatever. Keep in mind that you still have to catch them if you manage to beat them, and you need as many turns as possible for that.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Guess I'll do that then. I tried for Mew and couldn't get any traction with it, either. Still it and Kyogre are around for a few days and I've gotten pretty close so if I can get somewhat better dudes I should be able to grab them anyways.

For the Mew and Kyogre challenges are there any ones amongst the early batch in particular I should try to get? Unrelated only the top 20k people getting the Lucario thing sucks. Oh well.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 21, 2015

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Housh posted:

Oh man I was hesitant to check but I believe I have an IPS screen. Only the bottom screen gets washed out on angles and the top looks sharp like my phone. It also clicks in 3 different positions.
Ditto on that for me. Good to know, I guess!

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
I found this method to check for the screen type on Reddit:

quote:

I tried loading this test on each 3DS's browser:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php

I could distinguish squares 4 and above on the TN 3DS XL, while on the IPS 3DS XL I could only see 8 and above. However, due to the imperfect calibration of the TN screen, the first four or so squares looked a bit greenish rather than dark grey.

I can see squares 4+ and the greenish tint on the top screen, so I guess it's a TN. But I can only see 8+ without the green tint on the bottom screen so that means it's IPS??? Now I don't know what to think.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Took a lengthy break, but I finally did it. I finished Bravely Default. People weren't kidding about the latter half just dragging on but dammit I wanted to do everything.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
In Pirate's Curse, should I be taking the Heart Squids to the Squidsmith immediately or is there some advantage to collecting them all first? I've been surviving on 2 hearts.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Davincie posted:

i got like 3 codes im willing to sell, i have no idea how much they are worth in points or money though, or even if european codes work for americans

It's really all over the place. On the US club nintendo, 1 coin is worth like 2.5 cents for NES games, 4 cents for a game like Earthbound, 6 cents for a $50 retail game like Wii Party U.

That's if you are doing a straight up coin to cash conversion

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I put a hori screen protector on ~MY IPS SCREEN~ last night to replace the piece of foam that was in between the screens as it came from the box.

That's right, my top screen has never touched the bottom frame because I don't trust nintendo not to continually gently caress that up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

noirstronaut posted:

In Pirate's Curse, should I be taking the Heart Squids to the Squidsmith immediately or is there some advantage to collecting them all first? I've been surviving on 2 hearts.
I don't think there's a point to bringing them in if you don't have enough for the next heart upgrade, if that's what you mean. But if you do have enough you should cash them in, no sense in hording them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

Why would you try to collect them all first?

Smith that poo poo

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hikaki posted:

I can see squares 4+ and the greenish tint on the top screen, so I guess it's a TN. But I can only see 8+ without the green tint on the bottom screen so that means it's IPS??? Now I don't know what to think.

Set brightness to maximum for the test.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Hikaki posted:

Again that's not a good test because that has way more to do with the calibration than the type of screen. Get the same picture on both screens, (I suggest the caution symbol) and look at it from a severe angle. If they both wash out, you have TN. If the top screen doesn't wash out, you have an IPS. There's no way they put extra money into the bottom screen for IPS and left your top screen TN. They are just calibrated differently and that's what you are seeing.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Took a lengthy break, but I finally did it. I finished Bravely Default. People weren't kidding about the latter half just dragging on but dammit I wanted to do everything.

Everyone that says the game drags on seems to have a ton more hours in it than I did. I beat the game in 30 hours less than you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It probably entirely depends on how fast they read and if they didn't know the fastest way to level up to 99 is throw phoenix downs at zombies in chapter 6 or something for half an hour.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
:siren:AUSGOONS:siren:

Anyone wanting a Majora's Mask n3DSXL, go to the EB Games website now. They are selling them online-only for $250AU, and one-per-customer.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

It probably entirely depends on how fast they read and if they didn't know the fastest way to level up to 99 is throw phoenix downs at zombies in chapter 6 or something for half an hour.

You don't need to level up to 99 at all though. I also played most battles on fast forward, but I assumed most people did that. I just can't imagine it taking that long to beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ragequit posted:

You don't need to level up to 99 at all though. I also played most battles on fast forward, but I assumed most people did that. I just can't imagine it taking that long to beat.
I clocked over 100 hours in it