Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Statue of death in front of hall of oppression (which is the closest thing to a city hall we have)

Are those unlocked by city or for the whole game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Permanently unlocked once you fufill the conditions.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Is it possible to make new vehicles for this yet?

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
So Mars map final form ultimate should be out tomorrow. Also I made a collection on which I'll add all the stuff related to it. I made a color correction thing for it tonight.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=411574600

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I really like building on Mars for some reason.

Also I have no skill at modeling (willing to learn I guess) but I really want megacity blocks.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

StarMinstrel posted:

So Mars map final form ultimate should be out tomorrow. Also I made a collection on which I'll add all the stuff related to it. I made a color correction thing for it tonight.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=411574600

Was thinking of building a city on that map. Guess I'll be waiting. I feel bad that the Mars map will inevitably have a poo lake though, since your only starting water source is that little isolated crater(?) lake.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I wish all the unique buildings required positive things happening in your city rather than stuff like 50% unemployment or 1000 abandoned buildings. I want to build all of the monuments in my city, but I'm gonna have to do some dumb stuff to get there

I also found this cool police checkpoint in the workshop. It's a nice alternative to the police station, and it's the first mod I've seen that crosses over a street and adds objects to the median. There's also a Portuguese version and BOPE headquarters for all your Brazilian needs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lester Shy posted:

I wish all the unique buildings required positive things happening in your city rather than stuff like 50% unemployment or 1000 abandoned buildings. I want to build all of the monuments in my city, but I'm gonna have to do some dumb stuff to get there

If you're not aware, monument unlocks are gamewide, so you can suicide your city as a different savegame then load your old one.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Was thinking of building a city on that map. Guess I'll be waiting. I feel bad that the Mars map will inevitably have a poo lake though, since your only starting water source is that little isolated crater(?) lake.

Starting location is moved in the new map. Also there's now current in the big crater lake. :)

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

MikeJF posted:

If you're not aware, monument unlocks are gamewide, so you can suicide your city as a different savegame then load your old one.

I made a city which I called ShitCity and had fun unlocking all the bad ones. It was a towering inferno.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
That Passes map goes from real good to real great once you figure out how to build in the mountains.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

StarMinstrel posted:

Starting location is moved in the new map. Also there's now current in the big crater lake. :)

Awesome. Is the rail line within a couple reasonable squares expansion of the starting zone?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ad by Khad posted:

That Passes map goes from real good to real great once you figure out how to build in the mountains.

Please post some secreenshots, I'm interesting in seeing what someone else does with it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
made a small enough town, but i'm feelin' of some omnipotent being taking and destroying my idea.

Just sayin'.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I was really enjoying this game, but lately it's been crashing like crazy.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

StarMinstrel posted:

I made a city which I called ShitCity and had fun unlocking all the bad ones. It was a towering inferno.
Yeah I had fun poisoning my nascent community by putting the water intake next to the outflow which made everyone sick PDQ.

The two years of high crime rate achievement is still beyond me, though, but at least there isn't any unlocks dependent on it.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also, the title theme to my first city builder. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxSYzCesxfU

You made me go look mine up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKrxGH8K1bE

And now you have no idea how much I need a mod that plays the "Reticulating Splines" sound every time you start up a new city.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Alright, I finally put up my last two color lookup tables on Steam workshop:

Evergreen: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412606092
Works best on Temperate or Boreal maps.

Winter: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412609519
Works best on Boreal maps.

Sorry about the delay. I was struck by a sudden wave of hard-to-give-a-poo poo when I saw that the top downloaded LUTs are (in my jealous opinion) lazy and/or ugly but have the word "Realistic" in the name so they must be the best. Excuse my ranting.

That'll probably be the last bit of content I make for the game! It was fun but very time consuming. Now I'm gonna sit back and enjoy my little digital model train set. Please rate me on Steam if you liked my work. Thanks!

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 23, 2015

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

You're the best. :buddy:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I'd really like to see zonable garbage dumps and cementaries. On the other hand, zoning for resource industries kinda sucks and loks unrealistic. I'd much rather have huge (8x8? 16x16?) ploppable sawmills and refineries.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

MikeJF posted:

To add to this, monuments unique buildings are only unlocked for the current city and cities you create after the fact. If you reload a save after unlocking, they'll still be locked for that city.

edit: Unique buildings are permanently unlocked, monuments you have to unlock separately every game by having the required uniques built in your city.

Maximum Planck fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 23, 2015

kinnas
Jan 28, 2008
The Case of Martin Heidegger, Philosopher and Nazi Part 2: The Cover-up

Chewbot posted:

two spoonfuls of awesome

Yessssss! Your color corrections take a game that tries its darndest to look like oversaturated N64 era garbage and turns it into the prettiest of things.

I get cold sweat when I realize for some people the game looks like this:

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug

Does anyone have any idea why traffic is avoiding the highlighted off-ramp like it has the plague? Trucks that should be using said off-ramp are using an interchange further down the line to turn around and it's causing a huge congestion issue. All my other interchanges work great and I've tried a few different designs but I just cannot get anyone to use this one.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

So I figured out what my orphaned "bus stops" were - they were actually train stops from a deleted train station, I'd not deleted the line before deleting the station and the stops stuck to the road, with no train attached couldn't select to delete however the extended transport UI mod could delete them god bless the workshop and all who sail on her.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

Control Volume posted:

oh hell yeah

a mod that does post-processing things, most importantly anti-aliasing that isnt ssaa

I, too, saw this game and thought "You know what's missing? Lens flare and motion blur. Now I can pretend it's a first-person shooter with terrible graphics!"

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Steak posted:

Does anyone have any idea why traffic is avoiding the highlighted off-ramp like it has the plague? Trucks that should be using said off-ramp are using an interchange further down the line to turn around and it's causing a huge congestion issue. All my other interchanges work great and I've tried a few different designs but I just cannot get anyone to use this one.

Does the other interchange get them closer to their location perhaps?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

kinnas posted:

Yessssss! Your color corrections take a game that tries its darndest to look like oversaturated N64 era garbage and turns it into the prettiest of things.

CGA era forever!

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

kinnas posted:

oversaturated N64 era garbage

Speaking of which, I didn't post this one in the thread yet.

Wish You Were Here.

SynthOrange posted:

CGA era forever!

:hellyeah:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

CGA era forever!

The year is 2007. It is the future.

kinnas
Jan 28, 2008
The Case of Martin Heidegger, Philosopher and Nazi Part 2: The Cover-up
Combine your favourite lookup table with this thing that takes the Borderlands edge detection mod and makes it glow:

http://imgur.com/a/Mv8yS

edit: mod link too http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410196151

kinnas fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 23, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

kinnas posted:

Combine your favourite lookup table with this thing that takes the Borderlands edge detection mod and makes it glow:

http://imgur.com/a/Mv8yS

Tron mod please.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
loving

Ambulances

Just gently caress off and let them die.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug

Shanakin posted:

Does the other interchange get them closer to their location perhaps?

No, quite the opposite actually. They are taking a rather large detour in the opposite direction just to end up driving past the offending off-ramp. It's like the game doesn't recognize that it even exists.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm hoping that this puts the company that makes Cities XXL out of business and then Colossal Order buys all of their building art assets off them for nothing and puts them in Skylines.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

MikeJF posted:

I'm hoping that this puts the company that makes Cities XXL out of business and then Colossal Order buys all of their building art assets off them for nothing and puts them in Skylines.

It might finally put Cities X-whatever out to pasture, but it's unlikely Focus Home Interactive are going to go away any time soon. They could live off just their Farming Simulator franchise.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

mackintosh posted:

It might finally put Cities X-whatever out to pasture

On the contrary they can continue pushing out the yearly rehashes hoping people would continue confusing the brands.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

cthulhoo posted:

On the contrary they can continue pushing out the yearly rehashes hoping people would continue confusing the brands.

I suppose you could be right, seeing how all they do is change the number. Or the Xs. Or whatever.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
This was what I came up with to treat major traffic backups from the two on ramps into the city. The first design added an extra set of onramps which made things worse. This version works much much better and being able to turn off the traffic lights makes the chaos awesome.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Yes, that is a pedestrian path. Yes it is being used.

I followed one guy and his dog who goes to university on the lower city. He parks his scooter right at the base of the path, then with his dog he walks all the way up to his home at the top.

Is that map on Workshop? It looks really nice, I love making housing terraces up the sides of hills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ive been making a stupid circle city.

It's saved me from a lot of traffic trouble, but I want to start building metro stations, what is the easiest way to figure our where people are going?