Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Before someone gets overzealous, isn't 32gb the biggest a Nu3DS can handle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you just have to format larger cards to fat32 from exfat

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Are all AT&T hotspots streetpass relays?

I've noticed I get a ton of hits in Hilton/Hampton Inns... Like way more than I would expect through the walls to neighboring rooms. ATT seems to partner on Hilton wifi.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Awesome! posted:

Oh cool, that's good to know. :)
I'm not in any risk of filling my 32gb right now, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think my Streetpass is turned on. Not sure. Never actually clicked on it.

Am I missing anything? Worthwhile, I mean.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kin posted:

it's just a shame it sits in the cradle upside down

No, Nintendo are fucksticks and put them on upside down.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

FormaldehydeSon posted:

if Nintendo doesn't release a Wind Waker remake for N3DS I'm going to kill myself

I may be old but that is one hell of a :toxx:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Haquer posted:

They put the decal there for (extremely successful) marketing purposes, not anything more.

Nolgthorn fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 28, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Nolgthorn posted:

They put the decal there for (extremely successful) marketing purposes, not anything more.

And it works because people love their upside down 3DS decals.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Awesome! posted:

Although the maximum volume size of fat32 is literally 32GB though so the only reason you would buy one larger is that you want to use it for something different later, when 32GB of data will be much less valuable probably.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just format as NTFS or osx journaled if you are a human being

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nolgthorn posted:

Although the maximum volume size of fat32 is literally 32GB
you can go bigger, just not with windows formatting tools

largest possible size is like 8tb i believe

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Nolgthorn posted:

Although the maximum volume size of fat32 is literally 32GB though so the only reason you would buy one larger is that you want to use it for something different later, when 32GB of data will be much less valuable probably.

Try 2TB

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Get a 32GB card and stop talking about it. The games on 3DS are tiny. Here are some sample sizes. Those all together are 20GB. Majora's Mask is 661MB.

32GB is absolutely fine unless you want to go completely digital, buy every game and refuse to ever delete any.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Seems iffy.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Nolgthorn posted:

That's merely as large a FAT32 volume as Microsoft tools will create; this was originally to get people using NTFS for security reasons, but eventually became a way to get people using ExFAT for residuals. The fact that the SD association bought into it with SDXC is bad enough (at least you can use fat32format to fix that). The fact that YOU did without any financial incentive, and are spreading toxically wrong information in a utility thread, is loving appalling.

Waltzing Along posted:

Just format as NTFS or [Don't do this.]

FAT32 is all the New 3DS speaks. FAT32 is all a ton of consumer electronics speaks. Technically it's all the bootloader for Windows speaks on computers new enough to use UEFI.

But yes, insert "you really only do need 32 GB for your 3DS" :bandwagon: reply here.

Col. Mugsy
Jul 20, 2014

I can confirm that formatting a 64GB card as FAT32 will allow it to be seen by an n3DS, it's what I've got in mine right now. (I only had an 8GB and 64GB handy, and didn't feel like screwing more than once). Nintendo just doesn't want people to have to use 3rd party tools to format their poo poo, that's why they say 32GB is the max.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Shulk is being re-released 5/1.

Is there a source for that? I'd have thought it'd be a lot sooner to coincide with the Xenoblade 3D launch.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

noirstronaut posted:

It's plastic, but the part that goes in the dock isn't the faceplate part. There's also a bit of space between the console and the dock itself.

Yeah, it's not a super snug fit or anything. It just kinda rests in there if that makes sense. If you've got a WiiU it's quite similar to the gamepad dock's snugness so there's very little chance of you scratching the surface unless you lack basic control of your hands.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kin posted:

Yeah, it's not a super snug fit or anything. It just kinda rests in there if that makes sense. If you've got a WiiU it's quite similar to the gamepad dock's snugness so there's very little chance of you scratching the surface unless you lack basic control of your hands.

A better way to describe it is that the dock is just really smooth plastic. It fits the same way as replacing a book in a bookshelf is. Honestly your biggest risk of damage is just bumping the charger dock and having it fall off.

Basically don't be a clumsy oaf and you'll be fine.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Lost my 3DS on a plane in france, got a New 3DS today back in the states and took about 5 mins to swap over my NNID even though I don't believe I ever registered the original 3DS. Def not as bad as I was expecting and... well now I wish I had bought more digital games since I lost everything :(

shaitan fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 28, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is there a source for that? I'd have thought it'd be a lot sooner to coincide with the Xenoblade 3D launch.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

eddiewalker posted:

Are all AT&T hotspots streetpass relays?

I've noticed I get a ton of hits in Hilton/Hampton Inns... Like way more than I would expect through the walls to neighboring rooms. ATT seems to partner on Hilton wifi.

Yes, any attwifi ssid can be a Streetpass relay. It's based on MAC address, so as long as other people have passed it, it's valid.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NM. I can't read.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 28, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Did you lose your digital games? Call Nintendo and they should help you get them back.

I think he's saying he lost his carts as well as the console.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I think my Streetpass is turned on. Not sure. Never actually clicked on it.

Am I missing anything? Worthwhile, I mean.

The best game on the 3ds

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

shaitan posted:

Lost my 3DS on a plane in france, got a New 3DS today back in the states and took about 5 mins to swap over my NNID even though I don't believe I ever registered the original 3DS. Def not as bad as I was expecting and... well now I wish I had bought more digital games since I lost everything :(

You could've gotten one of the Louvre carts too and sold it for a million dollars then bought all your games again.

Also, did I share this here already http://www.nintendojo.com/reviews/accessory-review-waterfield-cityslicker-3ds-case It's the best 3DS case reviewed by the best SA poster

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

noirstronaut posted:

You could've gotten one of the Louvre carts too and sold it for a million dollars then bought all your games again.

Also, did I share this here already http://www.nintendojo.com/reviews/accessory-review-waterfield-cityslicker-3ds-case It's the best 3DS case reviewed by the best SA poster

Did you brighten those photos or is this a different review? The last one you posted had terrible photos :ohdear:

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Rune Factory 4 is pretty much the best farm-'em-up since the PS1 and GBA. Story of Seasons promises to be good but A) it's not out yet so might as well wait for reviews and B) it'll be far more focused on the farm and animal stuff and won't really have a combat side.

Fantasy Life is almost the opposite of Harvest Moon and its successors: It's a Level-5 single-player MMO (mostly in a good way and also you can form groups of three with other players) with extensive crafting and character customization. It has no farming, negligible animal stuff and no relationship stuff. You can still HAVE pets and party members but they're mostly allies in combat that improve based on your use of them. Oh yeah, and it's cornered the market on charm.

I'm weighing the same decision maybe, and I just spent 30 minutes playing the first Rune Factory for the DS. Has the game changed a lot since this? Feels like a lot of tedium at this point.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Red Robin Hood posted:

Did you brighten those photos or is this a different review? The last one you posted had terrible photos :ohdear:

New photos, same words if I posted it before

e: New photos meaning I took the photos in decent lighting instead of at night like a scrub boy.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 28, 2015

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

blackjack posted:

I'm weighing the same decision maybe, and I just spent 30 minutes playing the first Rune Factory for the DS. Has the game changed a lot since this? Feels like a lot of tedium at this point.

Yes, 1 is rather tedious, 2 is a little better, but the series really came into its own with 3 and 4.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think he's saying he lost his carts as well as the console.

Yeah sorry, I meant I lost all my physical games as well as the console.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Haquer posted:

No, you're just supposed to mount the cradle on the ceiling. :colbert:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

ireladd posted:

For those interested, DecalGirl just started a sale where you can save 25% on your order by entering the code: SPRING25

That is awesome. They do good work. I can't think of a custom design I want, though, or rather, I have too many ideas...

And then I found this custom skin on a different site and I don't know the quality of the decal but it does look cool too...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just called Nintendo and you can register Downloaded games that you got before you signed up to Club Nintendo but only 5 of them. So if you're going to call, pick out the 5 you want first, just to save time/maximize your points.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Anora posted:

Just called Nintendo and you can register Downloaded games that you got before you signed up to Club Nintendo but only 5 of them. So if you're going to call, pick out the 5 you want first, just to save time/maximize your points.

They did all of mine.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That's merely as large a FAT32 volume as Microsoft tools will create; this was originally to get people using NTFS for security reasons, but eventually became a way to get people using ExFAT for residuals. The fact that the SD association bought into it with SDXC is bad enough (at least you can use fat32format to fix that). The fact that YOU did without any financial incentive, and are spreading toxically wrong information in a utility thread, is loving appalling.

Sorry, Jesus loving Christ. I got that information from Wikipedia. Considering the operating system most people run on their computers is Microsoft Windows, it's a little bit sketchy that you need to... I dunno, boot a goddamn Virtual Machine running Linux to format your 64GB drive?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Nolgthorn posted:

Sorry, Jesus loving Christ. I got that information from Wikipedia. Considering the operating system most people run on their computers is Microsoft Windows, it's a little bit sketchy that you need to... I dunno, boot a goddamn Virtual Machine running Linux to format your 64GB drive?

Here. Use this. I found it on google. It's pretty easy. http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
So, I have followed the Spillpass tutorial and got the same components they suggest and I still can't get it to work. Does anyone have any experience with setting one up? The guide is really simple, it literally says to just plug everything in and go so I can't figure out where I messed up. They don't say anything about renaming your router or even if having a security key is a problem so yeah, anyone have any idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nolgthorn posted:

Considering the operating system most people run on their computers is Microsoft Windows, it's a little bit sketchy that you need to... I dunno, boot a goddamn Virtual Machine running Linux to format your 64GB drive?

lol strike two