Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

elf help book posted:

If I buy the Ace Attorney 5 dlc before playing the game, when should I play the dlc?

After case 2, probably. After case 3 is ok too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

elf help book posted:

If I buy the Ace Attorney 5 dlc before playing the game, when should I play the dlc?

Either after case 2 or after finishing the game, because that works fine as well.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

elf help book posted:

Any time really but realistically probably between cases 2 and 3. The way it has you interacting with characters assumes you've played at least one case but play it before things get crazy near the last case.

efb!!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm noticing something odd with my c stick and Majoras Mask where every direction i point to is fine except for left which ends up pointing slighty upwards and to the left (based on the MM "calibration" thing). I'm trying to figure out if it's faulty, if the game is bugged or if i've just got some funky way of holding/pressing left on it.

There's no console calibration for it so i'm assuming it doesn't need calibrating and is down to the behest of the software that uses it. I'll probably be able to find out for sure when Xenoblade arrives later this week but i was wondering if anyone else here has had similar issues with it and maybe knows of a solution.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Kin posted:

I'm noticing something odd with my c stick and Majoras Mask where every direction i point to is fine except for left which ends up pointing slighty upwards and to the left (based on the MM "calibration" thing). I'm trying to figure out if it's faulty, if the game is bugged or if i've just got some funky way of holding/pressing left on it.

There's no console calibration for it so i'm assuming it doesn't need calibrating and is down to the behest of the software that uses it. I'll probably be able to find out for sure when Xenoblade arrives later this week but i was wondering if anyone else here has had similar issues with it and maybe knows of a solution.

Is your thumb sweaty?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Red Robin Hood posted:

Is your thumb sweaty?

Nah, i did search a bit and saw that was a common complaint.

I feel like i'm pushing left and it's just pointing to the top left, but all the other directions hit top, bottom and right perfectly. :iiam:

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Kin posted:

I feel like i'm pushing left and it's just pointing to the top left, but all the other directions hit top, bottom and right perfectly. :iiam:

Unfortunately you'll probably have to send it in to Nintendo...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Thank you all.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kin posted:

You're not supposed to push it, you're supposed to just rub your thumb on the top of it. Imagine it like a nipple on someone with no breasts

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Yeah, I have no issue moving the nub to the left in Majora's Mask. It's either the way you are holding it, or a dud system.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I've read of people who said the nub wouldn't work in certain directions and it was definitely a defect.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I'm planning on going to a convention in a few months, and I'd like to pick up a title that has single-card (or single-download) multiplayer. On previous handheld systems, Bomberman has been my go-to, but I don't know if Bomberman Blitz's multiplayer functions will work on a 3DS. Anyone know? EDIT: apparently it doesn't support single-game multiplayer, so that's out. What games would work well in this regard?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm planning on going to a convention in a few months, and I'd like to pick up a title that has single-card (or single-download) multiplayer. On previous handheld systems, Bomberman has been my go-to, but I don't know if Bomberman Blitz's multiplayer functions will work on a 3DS. Anyone know? And are there any more modern games that'd work well in this regard?

I think MK7 is single cart.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm planning on going to a convention in a few months, and I'd like to pick up a title that has single-card (or single-download) multiplayer. On previous handheld systems, Bomberman has been my go-to, but I don't know if Bomberman Blitz's multiplayer functions will work on a 3DS. Anyone know? EDIT: apparently it doesn't support single-game multiplayer, so that's out. What games would work well in this regard?

MK7 and Mario party are probably the only decent fun ones.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

luigi's mansion (i think? pretty sure it's dl play)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
If anyone needs a few extra Club Nintendo points, send me a pm. I have a few games I never used the code for. If more than one person pm's me in the next few minutes, I'll spread the codes to the first three pm's I get.

EDIT: Codes are gone.

HPanda fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 31, 2015

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I've only ever played the original Mario Party and Mario Kart games, what is the general consensus on MK7 and MP Island Tour?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Mario Kart 7 is a fairly solid handheld Mario Kart that is eclipsed by 8 in every way (but is still pretty good). It doesn't have Waluigi in it though for some reason

Mario Party: Island Tour has weird boards but pretty decent minigames

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

You get separate messages if it's invalid or if it's been used already

e: New 3DS games have black labels, in the UK at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Flkz5ZDRM
Why is there an ad for a 2DS in a New 3DS game, that's moderately hosed up.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

Why is there an ad for a 2DS in a New 3DS game, that's moderately hosed up.

Because we need more flybois

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

FredMSloniker posted:

noirstronaut posted:

Starfox 64, too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I thought Starfox required everyone to have a copy of the game.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sire Oblivion posted:

I thought Starfox required everyone to have a copy of the game.

It does not, and you get a live feed of each other's faces. It's the best.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I bought mario kart 7 for $15, thanks to this thread!

Is there a place where goons post friend codes or otherwise organize multiplayer games? I've got a fair number of multiplayer games now and I wouldn't mind playing games with cool people.

I've got:
Starfox 3D
Smash Bros
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Steel Diver Sub Wars
Mario Kart 7

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Does the DSTwo not work with the New 3DS? I wanted to try the fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 as god intended, but my N3DS(XL) wouldn't recognize it. I made sure to download and install the latest firmware before even putting it in the thing.

Oh, I tried plugging it into my old XL and it worked just fine, so the DSTwo isn't busted.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah it's saying it's invalid not claimed, I should have been more clear about that.

Ok I had number wrong, so just going to message you the code.
Edit- never mind i have to find another way to gave it to you

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 31, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

Here a list of DS and 3DS game
http://www.dssinglecard.com/gamelist-name.html

Mario Party DS is good if your waiting in a line.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Silver Falcon posted:

Does the DSTwo not work with the New 3DS? I wanted to try the fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 as god intended, but my N3DS(XL) wouldn't recognize it. I made sure to download and install the latest firmware before even putting it in the thing.

Oh, I tried plugging it into my old XL and it worked just fine, so the DSTwo isn't busted.

mine works

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

edit: nevermind

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 31, 2015

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Bah, just need 15 more coins. Here's hoping Pokemon Bank still works...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RadicalR posted:

Have you registered Mario Kart 7? Jarogue has a code that hasn't been claimed yet.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I have not!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cless Alvein posted:

Tomorrow is the last day to register stuff and Wednesday we should learn what the Plat/Gold rewards are.

I hope they offer something I don't own as a download title. Thanks to all these free games I have a ton now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jarogue posted:

Ok I had number wrong, so just going to message you the code.
Edit- never mind i have to find another way to gave it to you

Don't worry about it, but if you don't mind can you PM it to RadicalR?

RadicalR posted:

I have not!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Xenomrph posted:

I bought mario kart 7 for $15, thanks to this thread!

Is there a place where goons post friend codes or otherwise organize multiplayer games? I've got a fair number of multiplayer games now and I wouldn't mind playing games with cool people.

I've got:
Starfox 3D
Smash Bros
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Steel Diver Sub Wars
Mario Kart 7

Star Fox doesn't have online :shepface:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

RadicalR posted:

it does

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fawf posted:

Star Fox doesn't have online :shepface:

Well that's just silly.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does mario party have online play or just local?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Does mario party have online play or just local?

Local only. How would you strangle your former friends if you were playing online?