Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lazydog
Apr 15, 2003
looks like microsoft is already putting stuff up on their site for april fools day http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.314885500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
tax refund? let us help you spend it. shop now >

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
3rd time the charm

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"number of positions on kickstand" is a point of differentiation between the non-pro and pro versions :swoon:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Surface: bar graph

Surface Pro: bar and line graph next to a pie chart. do more.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Picture perfect
Snap selfies with the 8MP rear-facing camera with autofocus, or make a Skype call using the 3.5MP front-facing camera.

Snap selfies with the 8MP rear-facing camera

Snap selfies with the rear-facing camera!!!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

they think this is a flattering angle

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Pinterest Mom posted:

they think this is a flattering angle

spread open with its legs kicked up? its certainly your moms most flattering angle

kitten emergency fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 31, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

uncurable mlady posted:

spread open with its kicked up? its certainly your moms most flattering angle

:drat:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

i like how

Sniep posted:

i like how

double i like how that too OP

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I think we all wanted it to be Fraser, but that would have taken the show to a weird place.

peri was a total babe

rip lunix archduke, trolled to death by windows phone 7 for windows phone 7 enabled devices

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lazydog posted:

looks like microsoft is already putting stuff up on their site for april fools day http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.314885500

intel atom lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

"number of positions on kickstand" is a point of differentiation between the non-pro and pro versions :swoon:

lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the Pro 3 should have had Core U and have been actually fanless and used USB C.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

the Pro 3 should have had Core U and have been actually fanless and used USB C.

they'll do that in 18 months when everyone else is already using those things

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
RIP Windows RT, none of us knew what the gently caress

orange sky
May 7, 2007

qirex posted:

they'll do that in 18 months when everyone else is already using those things
"everyone"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Management posted:

RIP Windows RT, none of us knew what the gently caress

lol i remember people acting like windows rt was a major triumph that put even the apple switch to intel to shame

pram
Jun 10, 2001
so what happens to the tens of arm apps for windows

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

carry on then posted:

lol i remember people acting like windows rt was a major triumph that put even the apple switch to intel to shame

it was a triumph of software engineering, to be sure. who could have guessed it was possible

i'm not sure what they thought it was going to do as a product

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

pram posted:

i think they were all metro apps anyway so nothing, they also had intel versions

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

pram posted:

is there even a single arm-only app in windows? i think everything on the store supports x86 processors

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

reminder that windows rt did not permit desktop apps but still had a full desktop because the office team couldn't get a metro office out in time

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

my stepdads beer posted:

does it still do grayscale font rendering

of course

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

carry on then posted:

reminder that windows rt did not permit desktop apps but still had a full desktop because the office team couldn't get a metro office out in time

not couldn't. refused.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

peri was a total babe

agrredo. she and jane leeves had a production company called bristol citites :fawnette:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Chris Knight posted:

agrredo. she and jane leeves had a production company called bristol citites :fawnette:

that's awesome

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Chris Knight posted:

and roz' insistence on taking 3 weeks off in the middle of development crunch time to hike kilimanjaro and take a prototype with her to 'test'
3 weeks off to go hiking on kilimanjaro while the rest of her team was trapped in neverending hundred-hour-week deathmarch mode. oh and the call from kilimanjaro was going to happen at 2am pacific time and she wanted everyone there in the office so she could hold her remote meeting. everyone showed up but the call never came through.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

don't blame her it was probably lync's fault

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FMguru posted:

3 weeks off to go hiking on kilimanjaro while the rest of her team was trapped in neverending hundred-hour-week deathmarch mode. oh and the call from kilimanjaro was going to happen at 2am pacific time and she wanted everyone there in the office so she could hold her remote meeting. everyone showed up but the call never came through.

holy loving lol how oblivious do you have to be to not get the gently caress out with that poo poo going on

Slashdot, but the title amused me

univbee fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 31, 2015

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

FMguru posted:

everyone was in the office at 2am pacific time several days in a row because she gave herself several tries

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

not couldn't. refused.

they were right

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

everyone was in the office at 2am pacific time several days in a row because she gave herself several tries

Jesus gently caress. I'd do it if there was fantastic overtime pay and an open bar at the 2 A.M. meeting, but we all know this was more "if you don't show up you're fired" bullshit.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

univbee posted:

Jesus gently caress. I'd do it if there was fantastic overtime pay and an open bar at the 2 A.M. meeting, but we all know this was more "if you don't show up you're fired" bullshit.

who needs to fire people when you have stack ranking employee evaluations just around the corner

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

tbh after the first attempt i can see people showing up just to see if it gets any more hosed up

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

tbh after the first attempt i can see people showing up just to see if it gets any more hosed up

call finally comes through

is local warlords demanding ransom for Roz's safe return

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

univbee posted:

call finally comes through

is local warlords demanding ransom for Roz's safe return

"what's that? you're breaking up...handsome? why thanks, that means a lot...bye now"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
iirc wasn't she making the call from a kin

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

pram posted:

not to mention the multiple users of those apps

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

uncurable mlady posted:

iirc wasn't she making the call from a kin

yes a kin prototype that wasn't quite working, that's why she could tell them to do the same thing tomorrow, because she used another phone to do so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

yes a kin prototype that wasn't quite working, that's why she could tell them to do the same thing tomorrow, because she used another phone to do so

As opposed to, i dunno, bringing both phones with her on the same trip?

• Locked thread