Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

techknight posted:

I don't think I get Kirby Triple Deluxe.

I bought it without doing any research because I've enjoyed the 2D platformer Kirbys in the past.. But there doesn't seem to be any challenge, and Kirby's 3D model is missing so much expressiveness from his 2D self. :(

But he says "hi" so much more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Triple Deluxe is okay. There really isn't much going on with Kirby games except "that one cute thing he does in so and so game"

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sweet. Best Buy gave me $40 for Bloodborne so I picked up Xenoblade. I hope I made the right decision! (probably since Bloodborne sucks)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh god, what have you done? This thread is going to turn into a war zone of Bloodborne enthusiasts.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
They're both good.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's ok if you don't like Bloodborne

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have an 8 month old baby boy. I don't have time nor the patience for a game like Bloodborne. I mostly only have time to play handheld poo poo on my breaks at work or in bed when everyone's finally knocked the gently caress out.

I'm sure it's not really a bad game, it's just not for me.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
what a presumptuous statement

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Shampy posted:

I have an 8 month old baby boy. I don't have time nor the patience for a game like Bloodborne. I mostly only have time to play handheld poo poo on my breaks at work or in bed when everyone's finally knocked the gently caress out.

This is Fair and Reasonable so OK!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
There's some more difficult stuff near the end and some very slight challenge is added by trying to collect all the stars or shards or crystals or whatever it is that you collect in the game but if you're not liking it yet idk if you will. I think it's a good game, there's a ton of variety between levels and environments and it was charming enough that I wanted to keep playing & see everything but after doing so I immediately sold it... there's not a lot of replay value there

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Shampy posted:

casual!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Cool, my Best Buy didn't have the MM New 3DS, but they had normal New 3DSes and they didn't even have those last week. So now I need a sd card for it...

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
One step closer to gaming nirvana.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

There any rumors of a bundle anywhere for a 3ds? It doesn't even have to be a super good deal just something beyond $200 with no perks. I want to upgrade but I don't really have a valid reason to yet and a deal of some kind might give me the justification.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can I buy eshop points on Amazon and have them email me a code, or are they going to actually ship a physical card?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

techknight posted:

I don't think I get Kirby Triple Deluxe.

I bought it without doing any research because I've enjoyed the 2D platformer Kirbys in the past.. But there doesn't seem to be any challenge, and Kirby's 3D model is missing so much expressiveness from his 2D self. :(

How far are you because the 3D model is far more expressive in all honesty. Also difficulty wise won't kick in till the end of the game, then you unlock a harder mode (somewhat) then you unlock the standard TRUE ARENA and that'll test you more then anything

Also how do you play as Melia, tried her out and boy I don't understand a drat thing about what I'm doing with her, and according to the thread I shouldn't let the AI touch her either.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How far are you because the 3D model is far more expressive in all honesty. Also difficulty wise won't kick in till the end of the game, then you unlock a harder mode (somewhat) then you unlock the standard TRUE ARENA and that'll test you more then anything

Also how do you play as Melia, tried her out and boy I don't understand a drat thing about what I'm doing with her, and according to the thread I shouldn't let the AI touch her either.

Melia- load her up with thunder plus gems. Fire off one of her buffing summons (I usually do the water one for health regen), then Summon Thunder, Summon Copy, and spam her middle Talent Art. Watch everything die.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can I buy eshop points on Amazon and have them email me a code, or are they going to actually ship a physical card?

They send out a physical card. And you can't use any gift card or promotional balance on them.

however, of all places, Walmart emails you codes.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Just beat LoZ: ALBW. That was a cool game, and since I have a full time job the length was just right. I don't have much inkling to play it again right away on Hero Mode, but maybe I'll give it a try down the road.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I dunno why, but Rumble World is addicting. The F2P prices are even pretty reasonable, I threw $1.90 at it and it was enough diamonds to unlock 3 balloons with diamonds left over.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I dunno why, but Rumble World is addicting. The F2P prices are even pretty reasonable, I threw $1.90 at it and it was enough diamonds to unlock 3 balloons with diamonds left over.

I've been finding it addicting too. The gameplay is simple but fun enough and it's cool seeing how they do each Pokemon in the style. There's also a shitload of things to customize and collect.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

strap on revenge posted:

i'm not enjoying xenoblade at all

I'll take it off your hands. :getin:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I find it rather dull compared to Pokemon Shuffle. It's just the wrong kind of button smashing action that wears out it's welcome quickly.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

the truth posted:

Just beat LoZ: ALBW. That was a cool game, and since I have a full time job the length was just right. I don't have much inkling to play it again right away on Hero Mode, but maybe I'll give it a try down the road.

I also just finished it. The game was just long enough that playing at an Employed Adult Pace, I forgot what special item I needed to beat a few of the dungeon bosses in their final reprise.

Being stuck on a plane unable to consult walkthroughs made those very satisfying.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing a bit of Xenoblade and so far my first question is: Who have I been playing as in Smash? Shulk looks 10 years older than whatever little boy dressed up as him in Smash.

Other than that, the 3D isn't really all that good. It reminded me of turning on 3D in Tales of the Abyss, where I could easily see the rough textures. The battle system will take a little getting used to, pretty much everything I've played in the past few years has been turn based or action, so it's a little frustrating not being able to do combos. The voice acting and subtitles give it a very British feel, so much so that I wish it were rated M just so I could hear some British insults. Hopefully the rest of the game is fun.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Honestly, I don't know if I should get Xenoblade. There's no demo for it either so I have no way of at least finding out if I'm mildly interested.

Also, does the game look *bad* or just not as good as the HD texturized Wii one through Dolphin? I'm asking because if it looks bad, I won't bother, but if it's just not as good and up to par with what's the be expected on the 3DS, I might get it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

Honestly, I don't know if I should get Xenoblade. There's no demo for it either so I have no way of at least finding out if I'm mildly interested.

Also, does the game look *bad* or just not as good as the HD texturized Wii one through Dolphin? I'm asking because if it looks bad, I won't bother, but if it's just not as good and up to par with what's the be expected on the 3DS, I might get it.

If you have no idea what it looked like on the wii or Dolphin it looks pretty great for a 3ds game. Especially how large and wide open the areas are in the game. Other than how weird I find Shulks eyes to look in the cut scenes I think it looks good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

noirstronaut posted:

It looks fine. Anyone complaining about it being a downgrade is being a huge dummy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

In game screenshot.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It looks fine. Anyone complaining about it being a downgrade is being a huge dummy.

I'd like to see a third side by side with the dolphin HD upgrade.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yo did they change the You Will Know Our Names mix for the N3DS version

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The Dolphin HD upgrade chugs like crazy at certain points if your computer isn't amazing and apparently has audio desync problems so idk why everyone brings it up

Does everyone just have a much better computer than anything I've used?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

majormonotone posted:

The Dolphin HD upgrade chugs like crazy at certain points if your computer isn't amazing and apparently has audio desync problems so idk why everyone brings it up

I have an i5 3570 w/ 16 gigs of RAM and a 760. So not bleeding edge, but definitely powerful. I run it with no problems.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

majormonotone posted:

I ran it (+ the texture pack) with a 4 year old machine a year ago with no problems. It took a bit of fiddling with the emulator settings to make it perfect but after that it worked like a charm.

Are you sure you just didn't have bad settings on the emulator? Emulators can be a bit fiddly at the best of times.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

These first three screens are scaled to have a vertical height of 480 pixels to match the Wii's output.

Dolphin at 3x resolution and an HD texture pack:

Wii captured in Dolphin running at native settings:

3DS:

Now for the screens as I originally captured:

Dolphin (2560x1440):

Wii-captured-in-Dolphin (2560x1440) [native res is the above version]:

3DS (400x240):

Bear in mind that the 3DS has a tiny screen and doesn't have the processing power of an i5 CPU, 8 GB of RAM and a GTX 760 powering the graphics. The 3DS version looks fine for the system it's on. Anyone who's complaining about the graphics looking muddy doesn't understand that the original game looks muddy as hell too. To anyone who doesn't think the game looks as good as it could in Dolphin, no loving poo poo it doesn't. That's not a fair comparison at all! For what the 3DS can do, Xenoblade 3D looks fine and the only thing off about it that I've noticed so far is the font.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Both of those look like poo poo to me though? It's serviceable and playable, but it doesn't actually look good.

Also, dang lots of emulator / piracy talk on here lately. That's cool.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

Bear in mind that the 3DS has a tiny screen and doesn't have the processing power of an i5 CPU, 8 GB of RAM and a GTX 760 powering the graphics. The 3DS version looks fine for the system it's on. Anyone who's complaining about the graphics looking muddy doesn't understand that the original game looks muddy as hell too. To anyone who doesn't think the game looks as good as it could in Dolphin, no loving poo poo it doesn't. That's not a fair comparison at all! For what the 3DS can do, Xenoblade 3D looks fine and the only thing off about it that I've noticed so far is the font.

Agreed

Edit: I'm generally fine with people emulating games as long as they own a legal copy of the game or it's old as poo poo and hard to find/expensive. I'm not trying to be preachy or anything but I just assume the best of everyone posting about emulating it here, as insufferable as they can be sometimes.

littleorv fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 12, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I agree with Stan Taylor, both look like poo poo, but it's serviceable. This is an ugly game for 2015.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stan Taylor posted:

Both of those look like poo poo to me though? It's serviceable and playable, but it doesn't actually look good.

Also, dang lots of emulator / piracy talk on here lately. That's cool.

Assuming that everyone who played Xenoblade on dolphin pirated the game always leads to good conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Waltzing Along posted:

I have an i5 3570 w/ 16 gigs of RAM and a 760. So not bleeding edge, but definitely powerful. I run it with no problems.

Do you get the audio desynch?