Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dutchy posted:

Really a gang is just a type of team when you think about it

I think the draft and free agency is a lot more brutal though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I think the draft and free agency is a lot more brutal though.

Every season of Hard Knocks we all crowd around and laugh as the rooks get jumped in. Some just bust a little Stevie Wonder out, maybe some motown. But if you really wanna keep it gangsta, you sing Celine Dion!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Guys guys guys Omar clears this all up

quote:

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 5m5 minutes ago
RT @JerryBracco Any truth to the Phl/Mia trade rumors I've been seeing your name attached to?> That trade has been dead for weeks.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 3m3 minutes ago
Eagles kicked tires on Mike Wallace, passed. Eagles don't want Dion Jordan. Miami won't trade for Evan Mathis. Keep it moving folks.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
RT @BRANDED9_ what happened to that corner or safety from the eagles u said miami was interested in > Notice the word WAS in there?

I mean, yeah, you idiots. That was FOREVER ago! I mean, he's talking about Mike Wallace, and when Mathis rumors popped up... Ya know, like 2 weeks ago? Why are people being so stu-

three days ago
Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly Mar 27
Word on the street is Miami has talked to a number of teams about a number of players. They like a Eagles CB or S. I just don't know who.

How. loving. Terrible. Is. This. Guy.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I might be an idealistic youngun but I would fire Omar Kelly if I was his editor

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
PFT real mad about biting on Kurt Warner's april fools joke

"April Fools’ Day has rapidly grown tiresome, as people seem to have lost any sense of what the day is supposed to be. For everyone who comes up with a legitimately funny April Fools’ Day joke — like the Bengals tweaking the Browns about a change to their uniforms — there are many more people like Bruce Irvin and Greg Jennings who just make up blatant lies and come across like they’re starved for attention.

If people like Warner, Irvin and Jennings don’t know the difference between “playing a good April Fools prank” and “being a liar,” maybe it’s just time for us to scrap this whole stupid holiday, and acknowledge that the real fools are the ones who can’t grasp the distinction between a joke and a lie."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ, people like that are real? Welp :suicide:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dubious posted:

"April Fools’ Day has rapidly grown tiresome, as people seem to have lost any sense of what the day is supposed to be. For everyone who comes up with a legitimately funny April Fools’ Day joke — like the Bengals tweaking the Browns about a change to their uniforms — there are many more people like Bruce Irvin and Greg Jennings who just make up blatant lies and come across like they’re starved for attention.

If people like Warner, Irvin and Jennings don’t know the difference between “playing a good April Fools prank” and “being a liar,” maybe it’s just time for us to scrap this whole stupid holiday, and acknowledge that the real fools are the ones who can’t grasp the distinction between a joke and a lie."

Did Warner say he was coming back or someting? Also is this Florio because that's incredibly embarrassing.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Indeed, you see, it's the holiday that is stupid...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Henchman of Santa posted:

Did Warner say he was coming back or someting? Also is this Florio because that's incredibly embarrassing.

He said a team asked him to come in for a workout and Florio wrote an article about how much sense it could make and now he's pissed off about looking dumb

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
What is really amusing to me is that lying about a tryout is a terrible April Fools joke but the reaction of PFT just made it the best

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Florio didn't even write that response.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Dubious posted:

I saw PFT at the top of the post and assumed this was a PFTCommenter response, and it was hilarious

Then I realized it was real and holy poo poo

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
There were multiple goons espousing that same viewpoint two days ago

Gaze into the abyss . . .

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Getting mad at an April Fool's joke is beautiful.

Also I read the gamergate wikipedia. If there wasn't loving one billion smilies I'd post the "it's a mystery" one.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

Getting mad at an April Fool's joke is beautiful.

Also I read the gamergate wikipedia. If there wasn't loving one billion smilies I'd post the "it's a mystery" one.

its just ants man no big

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If it took you til gamergate to realize that white males suck then you haven't been paying attention to anything in history

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
not a very hank hill thing to say

also please no games discussion please?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
April Fools is pretty stupid, but getting mad about it is even more stupid.

sweet thursday posted:

If it took you til gamergate to realize that white males suck then you haven't been paying attention to anything in history

Everyone sucks, hope this helps brother

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

football fuckerman posted:

not a very hank hill thing to say

also please no games discussion please?

please stop silencing the leading voice of gamergate, percy harvin

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Brannock posted:

There were multiple goons espousing that same viewpoint two days ago

Gaze into the abyss . . .

But goons aren't running a business and using their platform to get Real Mad about April Liar's Day.

The Greg Jennings one was good though because it was a legit prank, the others were just lies.

This has been an opinion post about April Fool's Day.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
When did we all become Omar Kelly?

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

FWIW I have a friend in NFL AM who said several people were tricked by Kurt Warner.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The only people allowed to hate Aprils Fools day are people born on April Fools Day

like me

every birthday I have ever had has been a hell of my loved ones tormenting me with an increasingly elaborate series of tricks

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The only people allowed to hate Aprils Fools day are people born on April Fools Day

like me

every birthday I have ever had has been a hell of my loved ones tormenting me with an increasingly elaborate series of tricks

The most elaborate yet to come, that they stole you from a grocery store on April first and have no idea when your real birthday is.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

like me

Everytime you got a bad present though you could be the most sarcastic rear end in a top hat

"Oh, I always wanted a Tebow jersey! April Fools, go Steelers"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Everytime you got a bad present though you could be the most sarcastic rear end in a top hat

"Oh, I always wanted a Tebow jersey! April Fools, go Steelers"

I see what you did there

EDIT: Legit though I once got a box the size of me that opened into several small boxes until there was an Amazon giftcard

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 6, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Happy Birthday!

April fools. No one actually gives a poo poo. You may die at age 80 surrounded by children and grandchildren who love you, but you still die alone.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

but you still die alone.

What if its a plane crash

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What if its a plane crash

Other humans are a myth. Have you ever really been outside of your own head? Are you really sure there is actually something there besides the images painted on the inside of your eye?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

like me

My parents went to the hospital on April 1st because she thought she was going into labor with me. Instead I hung around for a week because I'm lazy like that.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

My parents went to the hospital on April 1st because she thought she was going into labor with me. Instead I hung around for a week because I'm lazy like that.

Literally born Too Old

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Just a lil shout out to how hilarious and sad sports journalism is as an industry in general and how they are all secretly bitter that they failed as real reporters and couldn't report real news

File this one under MLB because Red Socks and I'm tired of talking about our bullpen http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/12646969/boston-marathon-trial-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-found-guilty-bombings-jury

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

Just a lil shout out to how hilarious and sad sports journalism is as an industry in general and how they are all secretly bitter that they failed as real reporters and couldn't report real news

File this one under MLB because Red Socks and I'm tired of talking about our bullpen http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/12646969/boston-marathon-trial-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-found-guilty-bombings-jury

#bullpenisgrowing

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Chilichimp posted:

#bullpenisgrowing

why is the bull excited about some trial

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
I'm armed with A LOT more experience, credentials and information about any subject related to the Dolphins than 99% of you.

This belongs here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You'd think at some point you'd double check which one line writeup you were posting:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

You'd think at some point you'd double check which one line writeup you were posting:

They were just hedging their bets and hoping people only looked at the headline.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Uh oh. ESPN reporter Britt McHenry went off on towing attendent.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9d1_1429192014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chromatic posted:

Uh oh. ESPN reporter Britt McHenry went off on towing attendent.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9d1_1429192014

edited as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

she got a week off

• Locked thread