Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Who greenlit an m night movie about a killer grandma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Harlock posted:

"A....movie...." - Peter Travers

"Performed in the same language as THE AVENGERS."

"Starring an actor who's name sounds similar to JENNIFER LAWRENCE."

"Shot in one of the same cities as THE DARK KNIGHT."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Acne Rain posted:

Who greenlit an m night movie about a killer grandma

These guys?

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More Arrow/Flash season finale posters.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

What's flash doing back there?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Billy Gnosis posted:

Poopin'.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That show looks so bad - especially after Daredevil knocked it out the loving park.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And DC's CW stuff is supposed to be their good stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Billy Gnosis posted:

Those are part of a promotional thing CW is doing for the last couple of episodes for both seasons called "superhero fight club."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XE_jH2eQl4

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Waffleman_ posted:

And DC's CW stuff is supposed to be their good stuff.

I watched a bit of the Flash last week and all the dialogue seemed to be pop culture and Internet references. One guy even said "ain't nobody got time for that". Some people may like the realism, but it really didn't connect with me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Chief posted:

You guys really ought to watch the Walt trailer. It looks like a fake movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaOZiu-hnTM
No loving way. This is a bit for next year's Oscars released wayyyyyyyy early, right?

Right?! :negative:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

muscles like this? posted:

Those are part of a promotional thing CW is doing for the last couple of episodes for both seasons called "superhero fight club."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XE_jH2eQl4

I think this makes more sense

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

The MSJ posted:

Cinemacon brings new posters.

This is like an advertising campaign for the death of movies

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
MI Rogue Nation will probably be dope and Sinister 2 might very well be too

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ruddiger posted:

Looks more like Tyler than Earl to me.

Is that angry Viggo Mortensen or pensive Michael Shannon in the lower right poster?

I still can't get over the title, "Infinetely Polar Bear". I mean, look at it!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

effectual posted:

I still can't get over the title, "Infinetely Polar Bear". I mean, look at it!

It's like someone translated it to Japanese then back to English using some third tier online poo poo and the real meaning was totally lost.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's got children on it, it's some cute thing they say in the movie.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

TheJoker138 posted:

It's like someone translated it to Japanese then back to English using some third tier online poo poo and the real meaning was totally lost.

I was thinking more like a Bob Dylan song.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

That show looks so bad - especially after Daredevil knocked it out the loving park.

It's actually really loving fun and good. Completely different tone from Daredevil, but Flash is 100% comic book poo poo all the time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I tried watching the first half dozen, but I just couldn't get over how horribly unnatural the conversational dialogue sounded.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Falcon Punch guy on the right is the only person there who looks like his face is real.

Jewish Justin Bieber in the middle just looks terrible, but will probably get the tweens through the door. And Hermione Granger on the left looks like she was drawn in with pencil. Also, she has ice powers now?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

MI Rogue Nation will probably be dope and Sinister 2 might very well be too

MI still has the potential to be a mess as they moved up the release by several months to Summer when it was supposed to be out in Winter and they had to completely redo the ending less than a month ago.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

And Hermione Granger on the left looks like she was drawn in with pencil. Also, she has ice powers now?

I forget her name, but she actually looks kinda like that in real life

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Attitude Indicator posted:

I forget her name, but she actually looks kinda like that in real life

Kate Mara, Rooney's sister, who was in House of Cards and Shooter

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Gorilla Salad posted:

And Hermione Granger on the left looks like she was drawn in with pencil. Also, she has ice powers now?

She's backlit, presumably to represent her powers of force fields?

It toys with people's green-screen senses. That's kinda cool.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

whenever I see something about Fantastic 4 I always feel bad for the rock guy, seems like he got a bad deal compared to everyone else.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think that's basically the point of the character.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Could he kill himself if he even wanted to?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

muscles like this? posted:

MI still has the potential to be a mess as they moved up the release by several months to Summer when it was supposed to be out in Winter and they had to completely redo the ending less than a month ago.

The last two or three M:I movies have been pretty good and still had complete messes for endings. It's a series tradition.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This summer, Disney brings you giant heads looming over a future city.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Party Boat posted:

I think that's basically the point of the character.

There's a page from one of the comics where Reed is explaining to his daughter why he made everyone dress up in costumes and give themselves goofy names and its because he feels so bad about turning them into monsters that he doesn't want them or anyone else to think of them that way.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would see the hell out of this movie.

"Not quite my clubbering"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mister Chief posted:

Could he kill himself if he even wanted to?

There are enough weird rays and beams in the marvel universe that he should be able to disintegrate himself, surely.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Figured this should go here.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Yodzilla posted:

That's actually quite the improvement.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yodzilla posted:

*eye twitch*

All that work put into making the new foliage in the window match up and they didn't make sure that the window... rivets were evenly spaced? :argh:

That said overall it's a much better image, though I still don't love the concept.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I prefer the first one, even though it's not "right". It puts more emphasis on the difference in size, which is mostly the point of the poster.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

morestuff posted:

I prefer the first one, even though it's not "right". It points more emphasis on the difference in size, which is mostly the point of the poster.

Somebody in the Jurassic World said that if the I-Rex's skull was actually that big, it would be over 90 feet long and weigh like a million tons.