Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lady Morgaga posted:

So at the moment the sixpack is at

1- Lady Morgaga
2- Lady Morgaga
3- Averox
4- Funkstar Deluxe
5- UltraVariant
6-?????????

Come on one more :)

I'll take it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

ShadowMar posted:

sorry that you're worried about getting called out for acting like an rear end in a top hat lmao

Check your retarded-priviledge if you think that an abuseable system wouldn't be abused. It's probably just a catch-all either way, but as long as it's not some automatic like some horribly made twitter blockbot, it should be a non-issue.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

lovely Wizard posted:

Check your retarded-priviledge if you think that an abuseable system wouldn't be abused. It's probably just a catch-all either way, but as long as it's not some automatic like some horribly made twitter blockbot, it should be a non-issue.

It's automatic, and you'll be banned automatically as soon as you start the game for being a lovely Wizard.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Mr E posted:

I'll take it!

1- Lady Morgaga
2- Lady Morgaga
3- Averox
4- Funkstar Deluxe
5- UltraVariant
6- Mr E

And so we have sixpack :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LadyMorgaga/

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Essentially, every "level" you get corresponds to a fifth of a perk level in KF1, which makes it feel like you're progressing faster and gives you some of the bonuses gradually instead of all at once.

I've no problem with that considering the absolute shittiness levelling a Commando was in KF 1.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Okay goonlords, ~Goon Murder Squad~ is set up for six men, seven waves, normal mode. i apologize for having to restart the server just now, I had to check that everything was working okay and there were no open slots.

The actual name of this server is Goon Murder Squad and the wave is set to Any, not 7. Change the wave to 7 and put ~ at the ends for real so it's easier to filter/favorite. Console joining won't work if it's full and then no one will bother to favorite it. You favorite by doing server details at the browser and clicking the star, fyi.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Akumos posted:

The actual name of this server is Goon Murder Squad and the wave is set to Any, not 7. Change the wave to 7 and put ~ at the ends for real so it's easier to filter/favorite. Console joining won't work if it's full and then no one will bother to favorite it. You favorite by doing server details at the browser and clicking the star, fyi.

Whoops yeah, it is without the tildes, I was just trying to be fancy. Good idea, I will throw them in.

For those who are better at this than I am, what is the setting for fixing the wave number? I tried changing values but apparently it was the wrong ones. I believe I got it fixed

I think we're good to go. Not showing on my browser but working okay otherwise.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 21, 2015

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

lovely Wizard posted:

Hahaha, no wonder you are concerned about being banned for being an rear end in a top hat.

Tried matchmaking with some friends but we couldn't actually tell if it was looking for a game when the host clicked find match. After about 20 minutes we decided to just split up instead. Not too surprised about the server issues for day one but the game plays great when you can find one.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I set my servers pw to "lljk" now, no " obviously, but it's lowercase instead of upper.

open 104.156.246.12:7777 will bring it up, name is still ~Goon Floor 2~ and I'm keeping it on Norm 7 Wave til tonight or tomorrow, where I'll change it to 10 Wave Normal again, then 7 Wave hard in two days etc. Gonna go sleep now, peace nerds, don't break the server.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

My wife is out of town until next week, and the bitch took my debit card so instead of playing the whole time she's gone I can't play until she gets back :negative:

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

Rei_ posted:

I just set weapon switch to ] and [ to get rid of it

Lateral thought! :doh:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Whale Cancer posted:

My wife is out of town until next week, and the bitch took my debit card so instead of playing the whole time she's gone I can't play until she gets back :negative:

Your relationship scares me. Next game boss?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

UltraVariant posted:

Aight, I caved in and bought the game. $45 to my name now, woooooo.

Sign me up for that 6-pack.

Hello! Please get in touch with me at http://steamcommunity/id/averox as I have purchased the 6-pack. Thanks :)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why aren't you guys setting the servers to 10?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Whale Cancer posted:

As much as I think you probably shouldn't call your wife a bitch, couldn't you get the number from her?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Is there a way to make the aiming speeds and looking speeds the same?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Why aren't you guys setting the servers to 10?

10 players, or waves? 10 waves apparently is too hard even on normal, too many scrakes/fps for lv0-3s to deal with. Maybe tomorrow. 10 players is impossible for me.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I'm usually on late nights EST, I called out for today. Add me if you want some healing! http://steamcommunity.com/id/miltonr

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
From what I saw from Gameservers, they're only offering 6 player slots.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there something I am missing or can you not set a favorite server by IP in the server browser? I have a server I'm using but I can't seem to figure out how to actually connect to it in game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

averox posted:

Hello! Please get in touch with me at http://steamcommunity/id/averox as I have purchased the 6-pack. Thanks :)
...For some reason, "6-pack" registered in my brain as a 6-man team, and not the actual 6-pack of KF2. And I already bought the game. :bang:

Give a copy to someone else, I don't need it since I was a stupid gently caress.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Whale Cancer posted:

Lucky. I wish I didn't have my card info memorized... :shepspends:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is there something I am missing or can you not set a favorite server by IP in the server browser? I have a server I'm using but I can't seem to figure out how to actually connect to it in game

You have to click on Server details on a server in the browser, then click the star on the bottom to favorite it. You can't manually search for servers right now except via console command. tilde open ip address

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

So I'm sorta confused on the release status of this, I intentionally kept myself on blackout because I loved KF1. Is this game early early access, is this a fast intermediary step to a final release, or are they doing the ever so popular kickstarter style early access incremental update type schedule now?

I just wanna shoot zeds and throw dosh with a british accent.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

victrix posted:

So I'm sorta confused on the release status of this, I intentionally kept myself on blackout because I loved KF1. Is this game early early access, is this a fast intermediary step to a final release, or are they doing the ever so popular kickstarter style early access incremental update type schedule now?

I just wanna shoot zeds and throw dosh with a british accent.

There are way too few British accents in it right now.

It's "early access" in that it's a content-limited but polished and bug-free beta. Right now there are only four (out of ten) perks in the game with their weapons, only four maps and only one of three planned bosses. From what the Steam page says the plan is to use EA feedback to tune the balance on stuff and just keep adding new perks/maps to the beta until it's done, which should be before the end of 2015 if all goes to plan.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Thanks. Hmm. I may just check out some streams and see what I think, I don't wanna burn out on a small number of maps/classes, but if my friends all want in I'll go along for the ride. Most of them are EA averse.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Akumos posted:

I set my servers pw to "lljk" now, no " obviously, but it's lowercase instead of upper.

open 104.156.246.12:7777 will bring it up, name is still ~Goon Floor 2~ and I'm keeping it on Norm 7 Wave til tonight or tomorrow, where I'll change it to 10 Wave Normal again, then 7 Wave hard in two days etc. Gonna go sleep now, peace nerds, don't break the server.

Awesome, thanks!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Server isn't set up to automatically cycle maps :facepalm: so bad at this

E. Now it is? Damned technology

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 22, 2015

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Did it crash?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I like how you can press R when youre fully loaded to mess around with your gun. They all look and feel really great except the medic weapons which all look identical, makes it hard to tell what I'm actually switching to. Pubbies still funkilling tryhards who get pissed off if you don't win every game.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

lovely Wizard posted:

you are a pathetic human being for getting upset over a video game not wanting you to yell racial slurs at people over the internet

Anyways, does anyone know how to edit the game length for a dedicated server? I couldn't find anything about it online and I might have just missed it while looking through.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

I like how you can press R when youre fully loaded to mess around with your gun. They all look and feel really great except the medic weapons which all look identical, makes it hard to tell what I'm actually switching to. Pubbies still funkilling tryhards who get pissed off if you don't win every game.
yeah, the concept of the medic weapons being modular is cool, but its kind of frustrating sometimes too.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It's always fascinating watching EULA chat.

How much of a baby you are called for wondering about it seems to relate to how much people like the devs, even if the wording is identical across games :v:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

you are a pathetic human being for getting upset over a video game not wanting you to yell racial slurs at people over the internet

Anyways, does anyone know how to edit the game length for a dedicated server? I couldn't find anything about it online and I might have just missed it while looking through.

I had the same issue. It's a variable called GameLength, and it is set to 0, 1, 2 for short/med/long

I seem to be having a really huge load time between maps after boss defeats, it's odd

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I had the same issue. It's a variable called GameLength, and it is set to 0, 1, 2 for short/med/long

Oh, there it is. Thanks!

I really like how chatty all the characters are, I thought it'd be annoying but I actually ended up liking their dumb conversations and Mr Foster being obsessed with dosh. I also like that characters can have dialogue with other players using the same character.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are you meant to be disconnected from server any time you lose?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Reason posted:

Are you meant to be disconnected from server any time you lose?

No, you auto-rejoin, but if your load times are slow other people will join before you do, which is a problem in these days of too many players for too few servers.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

lovely Wizard posted:

Check your retarded-priviledge

Sounds like you're the type of player the system is designed to target. May I suggest not playing this game so I and others can enjoy it without your ilk?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

lovely Wizard posted:

i can see why you in particular are worried about this system lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

ShadowMar posted:

Liquid Penguins posted:

Sounds like you're the type of player the system is designed to target. May I suggest not playing this game so I and others can enjoy it without your ilk?

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 22, 2015