Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

hakimashou posted:

And we're sure that "twenkymapes," a name that seems almost like it specially designed to make me want to spit and clench my fist, isn't a pulse alt and that this isn't some kind of prank?

Sadly, it looks like the answer is maybe yes. Even if I hope it isn't so.

http://pastebin.com/5HBUCSPP

Here's the rest of the conversation you missed. Sorry about the terrible formatting.

The explanations given just seem very...thin. :(

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Goat Pillager posted:

Sadly, it looks like the answer is maybe yes. Even if I hope it isn't so.

http://pastebin.com/5HBUCSPP

Here's the rest of the conversation you missed. Sorry about the terrible formatting.

The explanations given just seem very...thin. :(

Someone linked to this disgrace in TNG as well. I think we're due an explanation (that isn't poo poo). I count 4 x Pulse mentions.

Nymix fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 22, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
See I don't even have to have the game installed anymore to follow the proceedings. Truly I have won STO.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
So is pulse a deep cover goon hero, or has he gone native? Is this a triumph or a tragedy?

Robert Penn Warren wrote

"There’s the cold in your stomach, but you open the envelope, you have to open the envelope,
for the end of man is to know."

Pulse is a godly man, this can't be.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 22, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Goat Pillager posted:

There are no words.

When does he put on his robe and wizard's hat? :gonk:

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.

hakimashou posted:

Pulse is a godly man, this can't be.

Truly he is a godly man, only he would give me two stacks of contra for my catfish sandwich.
Still hosed him on Risa earlier while he was in his fursuit costume though. :V

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ooo, can I have his assets after we... liquidate him?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 22, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Pulse is pretty space rich isn't he?

The predilections of the space rich are not open to criticism. Eccentricity is eccentricity.

The proper response to a 'scandal' in this context is to sweep it under the rug and never speak of it again.

It's how things are done.

SDRD
Aug 19, 2012
So the story continues and our hero is left sitting at risa, observing a male ERPist 'kneeling' in front of another for minutes in one of the beach huts, and thinking to himself: 'How might this furry ERPist Pulse have earned all of his space wealth??'.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

DancingShade posted:

See I don't even have to have the game installed anymore to follow the proceedings. Truly I have won STO.

I'm with you pal, moonwalking right the gently caress out.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
So this thread was brought to my attention a little while ago, and I can actually weigh in a little bit here. I have seen that screenshot before and it was taken before this whole twenkymapes thing. Now while I was asked to not reveal the identity, I can say that its someone from this list. Now you can make of this what you will, but I for one am going to enjoy seeing this explained away. :munch:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Goat Pillager posted:

It's apparently some other goon furry, twenkymapes, who got kicked out.

I remember seeing that long before twenkymapes was a thing. Just sayin'.

e;fb

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
For my part, "among friends, no explanation is necessary" wins the day.

And - pulse is space rich, so who among us can sit in judgment? If he is eccentric in his tastes, and I stress the 'if,' then that's his business and his alone.

Pulse is a godly man. And a Survivor.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

hakimashou posted:

For my part, "among friends, no explanation is necessary" wins the day.

And - pulse is space rich, so who among us can sit in judgment? If he is eccentric in his tastes, and I stress the 'if,' then that's his business and his alone.

Pulse is a godly man. And a Survivor.

So what you are saying is that you endorse harboring furry ERPists, who are also apparently godly. Interesting.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Goat Pillager posted:

So what you are saying is that you endorse harboring furry ERPists, who are also apparently godly. Interesting.

A brother goon and brother space rich's personal interests aren't open to criticism in my view. Assuming these people are lying and this screenshot is actually some new thing.

Goons infiltrating the heart of the reddit cat girl gross man club is a triumph.

Or, pulse is space rich and therefore beyond bourgeois right and wrong.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 22, 2015

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

A brother goon and brother space rich's personal interests aren't open to criticism in my view. Assuming these people are lying and this screenshot is actually some new thing.

Goons infiltrating the heart of the reddit cat girl gross man club is a triumph.

Pulse was a redditor catgirl (unironically) before he joined SA. So if anything, he's infiltrated the heart of Dental.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

DancingShade posted:

This thread is honestly more entertaining than most things I did in STO. Keep up the good work Dental!

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Then what is the other goon on that reddit catgirl list.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Infected posted:

Then what is the other goon on that reddit catgirl list.

We're all on a reddit catgirl list somewhere. :wink:

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
I just discovered that I have access to the Chimera. So, I was thinking of turning it into a Fleet 5U version, and having it run Gravity Well 1 / Scatter Volley with DHC's, or an alternate Dual Beam Bank arrangement up front with two Omni (Ancient and the arc) and a KCB up back with the usual FAW arrangement. Is this ship any good that way?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Some images of the new pilot ships

http://imgur.com/a/xKC8h

http://imgur.com/a/EVHUw

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Wow, very nice.

Given the size, I wonder if there would be scope to include them as frigate pets for T6 dreadnoughts.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I kinda like the the look of the Klank one.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

UoI posted:

Pulse was a redditor catgirl (unironically) before he joined SA.

Lest anyone forget, Grimrak won the "Bring an awful pubbie contest" in the first Wesley Christmas by bringing Pulse and his catgirl alts.

e: So I was curious and went back to check the record. It is disturbing how many awful pubbies that were brought to that party managed to stick around and become regulars. Watch your backs, people.

Anyways, how do doff jobs work with the big space map now. Do the jobs change from sector to sector or is it just one list for the whole galaxy?

Mondian fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 22, 2015

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Mondian posted:

Lest anyone forget, Grimrak won the "Bring an awful pubbie contest" in the first Wesley Christmas by bringing Pulse and his catgirl alts.

e: So I was curious and went back to check the record. It is disturbing how many awful pubbies that were brought to that party managed to stick around and become regulars. Watch your backs, people.

Anyways, how do doff jobs work with the big space map now. Do the jobs change from sector to sector or is it just one list for the whole galaxy?

It's divided into sector blocks like it was before.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7693/17226836942_f08338bdc1_o.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5469/17042369619_962358155b_o.jpg

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Like Dukat, he did nothing wrong.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mondian posted:

That cat girl hitler was terrifying.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Neat!

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Just thought I'd pop back in and point out how good the Caitian homeworld thread is getting.

This one pubbie is going full retard over people rationally explaining to him why Caitians should not get a special zone for themselves:

quote:

Heh, these sort of arguments were common back in the Deep South since after the Civil War...

"Whut? Them drat yankee city folk dun gave the colored folk the vote, and now theys asking for special treatment such as being allowed into the poling station to USE it? Hell with that, where's mah .30-06..."

quote:

"Race X MUST NOT be allowed to ask for what Race Y already has..."

Yes, technically, it IS racism, albeit digital racism in a fictional context.

Link, though it's already in a previous post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1435871&page=17

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
To be fair I really don't get why they won't spent a few hours of effort to make a lovely planet with minimum effort for catgirls that give them lots of money.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Because it's located way outside of the area of space covered by the in-game galaxy map.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

So is the new stuff worth logging in for a pretty casual player who quit right after DR dropped?

Also someone please explain what that Delta Recruit thing is. Is it playable Ocampans or something?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Do you still kinda like the game? Then no real harm to pop in to see the new episodes and get a look at the new sector space.

If not, yeah there's no real reason to. The new queues aren't bad but obnoxious to pug and queues in general remain dead thanks to the idiotic DR changes, so farming up marks for the new rep is a bit redious.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

So is the new stuff worth logging in for a pretty casual player who quit right after DR dropped?

Also someone please explain what that Delta Recruit thing is. Is it playable Ocampans or something?

Playable Neelixes.

And a bunch of misc bennies for levelling a new alt.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

DonDoodles posted:

Just thought I'd pop back in and point out how good the Caitian homeworld thread is getting.

This one pubbie is going full retard over people rationally explaining to him why Caitians should not get a special zone for themselves:

Link, though it's already in a previous post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1435871&page=17

Had a weird TFR moment where it flashed in my head that .30-06 wasn't around during Reconstruction.

But that's not important, that person is dumb.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

hakimashou posted:

I'm getting flashbacks to the ArcheAge thread.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm thinking STO needs fishing pacts.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Spacefishing for gekli

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DonDoodles posted:

That's a hilarious thread and worth a read to remind us why it's occasionally worth logging in still.

Edit: my greatest AA achievement was the day I made the fisher ganking guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Unguided posted:

I'm getting flashbacks to the ArcheAge thread.

I am getting the same by now. Unsurprisingly the main "supporter" in here played ArcheAge with the guy in question as well.

Anyways, back on the topic of spaceship game and not meta game: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9213253-release-notes%3A-april-23rd-2015

-Bridge Officers which should not be dismissible, such as Tovan Khev, cannot be turned in to Training Manuals.

Sadly pubbies will no longer have the option of experiencing their bridge bunnies speak to them in a male voice, with proper lip sync and all.

• Locked thread