Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Guess what sport this shirt was specially designed for:

Trick question - DOTA isn't a sport

I need money to build an app for my dating website. It's only been open for a month and we have less than 150 members at the moment, but that doesn't mean we're not growing. Did I mention our site is accessible only to British people, and that our target audience consists of fans from one specific sci-fi show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Sleeveless posted:

Remember that legally-dubious show about a bunch of internet weirdos entrapping people for entertainment under the guise of justice? You know, the one that didn't actually get very many convictions, was widely criticized and rejected by actual law enforcement, and is directly responsible for multiple suicides?

It's back, in Kickstarter form!

The role of Chris Hansen will be played by Ray Liotta, I see.

Zybourne Clock posted:

I need money to build an app for my dating website. It's only been open for a month and we have less than 150 members at the moment, but that doesn't mean we're not growing. Did I mention our site is accessible only to British people, and that our target audience consists of fans from one specific sci-fi show?
60% of energy is lost by the human body through everyday physical processes. Kymira Smartfabrics absorbs that energy and directs it back at the body.

I started this post with the intent of making a joke but ended up just typing what was in the image because it was way better.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ALFbrot posted:

60% of energy is lost by the human body through everyday physical processes. Kymira Smartfabrics absorbs that energy and directs it back at the body.
So in other words it makes you sweat like a pig?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

ALFbrot posted:

Good job dying of heatstroke halfway through the day.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Collateral Damage posted:

So in other words it makes you sweat like a pig?

Two words : plausible deniability.

shortstop
Jul 23, 2007
Is it made of garbage bags? Also I feel like they are missing an opportunity to keep some more heat in by adding elastic to the sleeves, waist and neck.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
That DotA shirt's gotta be the Kickstarter holy grail. It wouldn't work. If it did work you wouldn't want it to. And even if what it did was beneficial it would be unnecessary.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

shortstop posted:

Is it made of garbage bags? Also I feel like they are missing an opportunity to keep some more heat in by adding elastic to the sleeves, waist and neck.

MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY

EXTREME GAMING

shortstop
Jul 23, 2007
Adding a whole new level of potency to the aroma of lan parties and esports.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

quote:

I saw it as clothing that stores kinetic energy and directs it back, resulting in an image of a t-shirt that punches you from time to time.
I refuse to look at the KS page out of dread that this is disproved.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Foglet posted:

I saw it as clothing that stores kinetic energy and directs it back, resulting in an image of a t-shirt that punches you from time to time.

Truly the shirt that :airquote:pro-gamers:airquote: deserve.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

DoctorTristan posted:

Truly the shirt that :airquote:pro-gamers:airquote: deserve.
Doubt there would be much kinetic energy to store, though.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Foglet posted:

I refuse to look at the KS page out of dread that this is disproved.
Make it underwear that punches 2PRO2MLGs in the balls and I'd back it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This guy is turning to crowdfunding to help recoup money he lost to online scammers

http://www.gofundme.com/recoveryfromscam

It starts off stupidly:

quote:

A company called Loanz for All who said they were willing ot advance me up to $5000.00. I asked for $4,000.00. They said that they needed $72.30 for insurance, delivered by PayPal cash card; they explained that the insurance was in case I defaulted. This seemed reasonable.
... but gets WAY more stupid at an alarmingly fast pace. See if you can count how many disastrous decisions he makes, I lost count.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

shortstop posted:

Adding a whole new level of potency to the aroma of lan parties and esports.

It wven looks like they drew stink lines and clouds around the guy in their promotional photo.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Suspicious Dish posted:

I wish Patreon had a pay scheme of "$1 per comic I release" or some poo poo instead, so that people couldn't just sit on monthly donations.

I'm pretty sure Patreon isn't being used for anything close to what it was originally intended, for pretty much this reason alone as everyone always promises monthly updates that always end getting delayed.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This guy is turning to crowdfunding to help recoup money he lost to online scammers
Gullible doesn't even begin to describe this guy. :psyduck:

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Zybourne Clock posted:

Major marketing failure not aiming this at the crossfit idiots at the same time.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Zybourne Clock posted:

quote:

Utilizing the rapid growth of social media platforms and advanced manufacturing technology, we look to leverage our expertise in our target markets and capitalize on momentum to expand toward additional targeted niche demographics.

jesus i feel like i just got aggressively mouthfucked by a literal mba

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

TetsuoTW posted:

Utilizing the rapid growth of social media platforms and advanced manufacturing technology, we look to leverage our expertise in our target markets and capitalize on momentum to expand toward additional targeted niche demographics.
Bingo!

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
They couldn't somehow work "synergistic" in there somewhere? Insta-fail, will not back.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Wow.

It just keeps getting worse. :ohdear:

Snuffman has a new favorite as of 15:04 on Apr 24, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hello,

I am very sorry to learn you had to deal with scammers and I would like to make a donation to you, but I will need you to reimburse bank fees in advance as this is an anti-fraud measure in my native country. Please forward $3,71 to the bank account in the Subject to receive $200 in two weeks period.

Truly yours,
HRH Prince Francois II of Kenya.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Hello,

I am very sorry to learn you had to deal with scammers and I would like to make a donation to you, but I will need you to reimburse bank fees in advance as this is an anti-fraud measure in my native country. Please forward $371 to the bank account in the Subject to receive $200 in two weeks period.

Truly yours,
HRH Prince Francois II of Kenya.
He'd probably still go for it.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ALFbrot posted:

I'm very concerned for them if 40% of the energy these people consume isn't going to "being alive". They might be undead or something.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Not to worry, he'd figure that something was up after the 7th western union transfer mysteriously 'disappeared into the ether'.

Then they'll switch to moneygram and he'll be satisfied for another 20 or so transfers.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

lorn Wayne posted:

Not to worry, he'd figure that something was up after the 7th western union transfer mysteriously 'disappeared into the ether'.

Then they'll switch to moneygram and he'll be satisfied for another 20 or so transfers.

Western Union money transfer is a phrase that should set off howling this-is-a-scam klaxons.

Wait no. The awful website should have been the first warning.

I'm surprised it took the scammers so long to ramp up the amounts.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

It starts off stupidly:

... but gets WAY more stupid at an alarmingly fast pace. See if you can count how many disastrous decisions he makes, I lost count.

It is pretty stupid...

:tinfoil:

...a little too stupid.

Who can say that this person is being truthful in the first place? Making money off the sympathy of others is happening right now with the ulilization of these websites, right? I know he's not asking for that much, but how much effort can it take to set up a gofundme to rake in a couple of bucks?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

ALFbrot posted:

I keep reading this over and over again, and I still cannot wrap my head around what they possibly meant or how it could ever be a good thing :psyduck:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'll performance tune your car by removing the radiator. Why waste all that energy?

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
A radiator is an integral part of the car, though.

I think a better analogy would be painting your car with a "special" paint that is supposed to make your car use 60% less fuel.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
I literally can't do esports unless I'm wearing a stillsuit

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

daft punk railroad posted:

I literally can't do esports

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

lol at 'esports' even being a term

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Enfys posted:

lol at 'esports'

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

El Diablo Bob O posted:

A radiator is an integral part of the car, though.

I think a better analogy would be painting your car with a "special" paint that is supposed to make your car use 60% less fuel.

More like plugging your exhaust port so that fewer precious energy gasses escape and the car goes faster.

Special paint does make things go faster as long as you're an Ork.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I'm pretty sure special "go fast" paint would do well on Kickstarter.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

More like plugging your exhaust port so that fewer precious energy gasses escape and the car goes faster.

Special paint does make things go faster as long as you're an Ork.

More like routing your exhaust back into the engine, or better, into the interior to decrease emissions.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

There have been scammers whose specialty is offering to represent people who've been scammed in class-action suits and such, and then running off with the money they provided up front for "legal fees". I seem to recall at least one case where it was the original scammer back for more. It's horribly brilliant, because you know you're already working on a pool of suckers, albeit ones who are already short on cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

ALFbrot posted:

so it makes you fatter as you run?