Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Serious Frolicking posted:

I dunno how many maps they are aiming for at release, but it seems reasonable to assume they will come out of EA when all the classes have been released and had their balancing done. What's more, the overall balance will improve over time so each new class may well come more quickly than the last. Of course, some classes are gonna be harder to balance than others. Sharpshooter supremacy is the most obvious example, though I'd hope that one or more of the new classes can also function as elite killers.

Ideally since they're splitting the pistols into a separate perk (which was part of why Sharpshooters in KF1 were the best perk), Sharpshooter will focus entirely on Husk/Scrake/Fleshpound killing. I'd imagine their weapons will hit incredibly hard (more so on headshots) but have really low ammo pools and longer reload times to make you really wanna place your shots well. Sorta turn them into more of a specialty role that requires a lot of practice instead of the "Grab Xbow for Scrakes/FP's, a Handcannon for everything else" class they were in KF1

This is coming from someone who only ever played Suicidal in KF1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Jumpoff posted:

Ideally since they're splitting the pistols into a separate perk (which was part of why Sharpshooters in KF1 were the best perk), Sharpshooter will focus entirely on Husk/Scrake/Fleshpound killing. I'd imagine their weapons will hit incredibly hard (more so on headshots) but have really low ammo pools and longer reload times to make you really wanna place your shots well. Sorta turn them into more of a specialty role that requires a lot of practice instead of the "Grab Xbow for Scrakes/FP's, a Handcannon for everything else" class they were in KF1

This is coming from someone who only ever played Suicidal in KF1

The idea is simple enough but actually balancing it will take a few passes. Sharpshooters will need to be both powerful and limited, but with the larger number of classes they can't be completely mandatory. Ideally, multiple classes will be able to fill the role of elite killer because that gives players more options. However, making multiple classes just powerful enough while maintaining a rough parity between them makes the whole thing more difficult. poo poo takes time, is all.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Theta Zero posted:

I love being a Medic more than KF1 now that it has more of a balance between mild offense and good defense rather than garbage offense and ridiculously high defense, and secondly because the darts auto-home and the hitreg is fantastic. I can just run around with three medic weapons and keep everyone tip top and happy. It's great.

Try taking a LAR, flare pistol, mp5 and katana as medic in KF1. Then pick the crossbow for the patriarch. They are very good offensively and defensively.

Basically every class in KF1 was good if you knew the load outs and the combos they could preform with stuns and flinch moves.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

(which was part of why Sharpshooters in KF1 were the best perk)

That's a weird way to spell berserker

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 24, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mindblast posted:

I know what artifacting looks like and this just isn't it. This isn't the entire image loving up. The in world lighting goes bonkers.
You sure? While the framebuffer can be very obviously affected by corrupted memory, textures, geometry, character animation matrix stacks and in-world light data like positions or colors all reside in the gpu memory, so if that starts getting wonky due to heat or other restrictions (like some intel HD 4000 videos posted here) you'll see artifacts show up in one or more of those, some more noticeable than others.

In any case send a bug report with screenshots to the devs, i'm sure they know much better where the point of failure might be if it's a problem with the game.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I tried solo HOE. Made it to round 2. poo poo is bananas.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Brackhar posted:

Yeah, but what are the IP addresses? They're not in the OP.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonfloor2

This has the command/IP for my server right in your face and a good amount of us are in it now. Pw is the typical still.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Help I got into this since I quite enjoyed the first KF, this thing is pretty sparse on content but man they got the flow of action down really well.

Guns do look really awesome when firing in zed-time now.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z posted:

My biggest Eyeroll on that front so far was having a pair of Husks as the last enemies in my sight down the hall in snow land, I back out of the door, close it, turn around, and see a pair of fire blasts hitting me in the face as the husks come over a wall to enter the map. You have not been out of my sight for even two seconds, yeesh.

For some reason, it makes me more mad every time I see a zed get launched 20 feet into the air to clear four feet of stairs plus railing, while my feeble human legs can barely make it over a railing when I'm next to it. I have no idea why this odd quirk gets to me so much.

So they do teleport, good to know I'm not just going crazy.

Had a hard wipe due to 2 retard pubbies pissing off scrake, SC kills both of them, then he gracefully pirouettes into the rest of the squad and wipes us out in one goddamn hit.

gently caress the FP's, scrakes are the real threat in this game and pubbies rarely let me handle them so nobody gets hurt.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

So they do teleport, good to know I'm not just going crazy.

Had a hard wipe due to 2 retard pubbies pissing off scrake, SC kills both of them, then he gracefully pirouettes into the rest of the squad and wipes us out in one goddamn hit.

gently caress the FP's, scrakes are the real threat in this game and pubbies rarely let me handle them so nobody gets hurt.

The more things change the more they stay the same

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Yeah I made a big sperg post a while ago about aggressive teleporting, it's stupid.

I set my server to 10 Wave Hard, if it's too rough I can set it back.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
:spooky:

BonerKid fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 29, 2022

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

You sure? While the framebuffer can be very obviously affected by corrupted memory, textures, geometry, character animation matrix stacks and in-world light data like positions or colors all reside in the gpu memory, so if that starts getting wonky due to heat or other restrictions (like some intel HD 4000 videos posted here) you'll see artifacts show up in one or more of those, some more noticeable than others.

In any case send a bug report with screenshots to the devs, i'm sure they know much better where the point of failure might be if it's a problem with the game.

Yeah I'll look into sending a report. I'm going to keep dxtory on standby for this as well. Maybe it can be captured

I see your point regarding the technical details, too. I figured that the odd lighting was too logical in the way it actually properly respected surfaces and shadows and the artifacting I'm used to doesn't give two shits about anything. Guess that isn't enough to rule it out.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I just noticed. If you mouse over somebody with a medic gun and they don't have max health, there's a very distinct beep to let you know.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Holy gently caress, 1 more mob left at the end of round 9 on suicidal with pubbies and the server shuts down for the night. gently caress.

Akumos posted:

Yeah I made a big sperg post a while ago about aggressive teleporting, it's stupid.

I set my server to 10 Wave Hard, if it's too rough I can set it back.

Suicidal please. Hard is so yesterday.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 24, 2015

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Props :black101:

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

When I'm on the match overview screen after being put into a server, there should be some way to see my ping. One time I got put into a server where my ping was over 200 (everyone had such a ping there even), and I'd really rather know about that before the game actually starts, I don't want to leave mid-game and be a dick.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I wish I could cause stuff like this on purpose :allears:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Ramsus posted:

I've yet to be on the hard goon servers and even make it to Hans before the wipe. People are still getting used to the game.

First thing I do in biotics lab is toss grenades in that area. Both to watch and clear it out cause I know every pubbie is going to be holding up there even though it is a terrible place to be.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 31, 2022

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Section Z posted:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Broose posted:

I've yet to be on the hard goon servers and even make it to Hans before the wipe. People are still getting used to the game.

First thing I do in biotics lab is toss grenades in that area. Both to watch and clear it out cause I know every pubbie is going to be holding up there even though it is a terrible place to be.

First thing I do on EVERY map, first wave, is hunt down extra weapons to sell. Let everyone else worry about clearing clots, you'll inevitably find some yourself on that quest to make an extra 300 dosh the first wave.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Section Z posted:

You're a rocket man baby!

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Mindblast posted:

Yeah I'll look into sending a report. I'm going to keep dxtory on standby for this as well. Maybe it can be captured

I see your point regarding the technical details, too. I figured that the odd lighting was too logical in the way it actually properly respected surfaces and shadows and the artifacting I'm used to doesn't give two shits about anything. Guess that isn't enough to rule it out.

Killing Floor 2 Graphical bug: https://youtu.be/f5MiIlTfJpU

I recorded this myself last night with my phone, didn't have any recording software installed. My 7970 is fine, worked well in KF2 before this glitch, and a game restart fixed it. It started sudddenly on the Lab map after some grenades were tossed.

edit: forgot to mention it happened to my bro, too, we both have 7970's and were in the same match.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Penpal posted:

Killing Floor 2 Graphical bug: https://youtu.be/f5MiIlTfJpU

I recorded this myself last night with my phone, didn't have any recording software installed. My 7970 is fine, worked well in KF2 before this glitch, and a game restart fixed it. It started sudddenly on the Lab map after some grenades were tossed.

edit: forgot to mention it happened to my bro, too, we both have 7970's and were in the same match.

This is exactly what is happening to me as well. It got really bad when Hans showed up and started tossing grenades one time, but I just assumed it was just chance since it was already happening before the boss wave. I have a 7870.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Now that I've started learning how to parry properly I'm having a lot of fun with Berserker. It really helps to be able to mitigate a Scrake's damage while the rest of the team burns it down. You really need medics to keep you standing, though, especially if you ever flub the timing, and unless you're some kind of parry god you're still gonna get eaten alive if you try to take on more than one, maybe two big guys at a time.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Broose posted:

This is exactly what is happening to me as well. It got really bad when Hans showed up and started tossing grenades one time, but I just assumed it was just chance since it was already happening before the boss wave. I have a 7870.

So far it appears to be an ati thing. Last official driver release is still from 2014. There are more recent betas but the notes did not mention KF.

Good to see my card is most likely not dying though.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best thing about props is watching a charging Scrake or Fleahpound break through tables and desks to get to someone

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i think scrakes are extra mean at the moment cause we don't have sharpshooters or the crossbow so there's no great way to shut em down fast

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is there a timeline for future updates? Love what's currently there but what was great about KF1, especially towards the end of the cycle, was how much content in terms of maps and weapons there was. Factoring in custom maps, it was hard for it to get old.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Sorry if this has been asked already but how much of your class bonuses work on off-perk weapons? Like does the Commando's weapon damage affect every gun in the game and does the Support have bonus penetration when using the Medic's shotgun?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
e: I'm dumb.

RyceCube fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 24, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

i think scrakes are extra mean at the moment cause we don't have sharpshooters or the crossbow so there's no great way to shut em down fast

The hunting shotgun also seems to completely fail at stunning them with any kind of regularity. :(

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
So, like, did one of the dev's nephew come up with the quit screen taunt?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

isnt it from KF1

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Senethro posted:

Sorry if this has been asked already but how much of your class bonuses work on off-perk weapons? Like does the Commando's weapon damage affect every gun in the game and does the Support have bonus penetration when using the Medic's shotgun?
The commando's weapon damage appears to, but I think that's because they specifically have it set to be "any weapon" so they're the jack-of-all-trades but better at killing trash class. The rest, I don't know about and I'd like to.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Mindblast posted:

Once a support hits level 2+ there are few things more satisfying than firing the aa12 in slowmo in a bottleneck with 10+ zeds.

Standing in front of a door as zeds break it and giving it both barrels is tremendously satisfying.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I got into KF kind of late into it's life cycle and I primarily played Normal/Hard casually with the same group of friends and so I'm probably just really bad at the game, but: I feel like KF2 is significantly harder, especially the way it dumps Scrakes and FPs on you on later waves, and the aforemention tendency to teleport them right around the corner from you.

So far every group I've played with on Hard has wiped on wave 7 or 8, where you end up getting up to 3 Scrakes at once along with a FP or two. It seems really brutal. I can't even imagine how rough HoE must be.

Luchadork fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 24, 2015

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Ramsus posted:

If enough goons want to do Suicidal have one add me on Steam(akumos) and I can swap the server briefly, I'll keep wave 10 hard as the default for another day or two prob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Anyone have a memory issue in this game? After playing a couple matches it starts to lag and lock up for me. Restarting the game and it runs fine.