Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It got so stupid there's a line in Mass Effect 3 mocking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

SKY COQ posted:

I had no idea the hole ever got this deep. God drat it.

Some things can't be unseen. The Reapers were right.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Obviously those of us who no longer have the client installed have evolved to a higher level of social status. :smugdog:

Yes. You're a Quitter.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

NurhacisUrn posted:

Some things can't be unseen. The Reapers were right.

It's been so long since I've even thought about Talimancers. This is kind of nostalgic.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Yes. You're a Quitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shs7VQhVvxA

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Dootman posted:

I dunno if I can fault Cryptic for that one. Sure it's an inconvenience, but it occurs for, what, a week every 6 months at most? It's an entirely reasonable solution to the problem since season updates, particularly this one, affect a large number of things in the game.

I dunno, if it's been a known problem for three or four years, I think it's fair to blame Cryptic for doing a lovely workaround instead of fixing it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

MikeJF posted:

It got so stupid there's a line in Mass Effect 3 mocking it.

I don't remember this? Please elaborate.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

When Tali's wasted and vomiting in the bathroom at the party in Citadel she mutters a bunch of random lines. One of the things she'll say is something like "What? It smells like sweat, you weirdos"

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 24, 2015

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

DancingShade posted:

Obviously those of us who no longer have the client installed have evolved to a higher level of social status. :smugdog:

I wouldn't call it a higher level of social status (i'm currently hooked on Diablo 3 RoS), but I do have to say that any time I have the urge to reinstall that a quick visit to this thread makes that urge instantly disappear.

WD40
Nov 25, 2005

Violent Kitten posted:

Haven't we all mocked Pulse at some point or another? We mocked his steam anime game wishlist in mumble a while back and he made it easier for those of us not on his flist by linking to it on the steam website. Funny stuff.

That was me! IRL issues at the time aside; looking back, that was funny. RIP Piss Tower.
(it was Pulse's minecraft server too, if I recall correctly)

Foundry usually goes down with new season releases, foundry authors might even have to reset the starting points for their foundry missions if they start in sector space because of this update anyway.

I miss Dental minecraft a lot more than I miss STO, we should do that again. I'd get back on mumble for that. And pulse is solid. He helped me out tons.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

WD40 posted:

I miss Dental minecraft a lot more than I miss STO, we should do that again. I'd get back on mumble for that. And pulse is solid. He helped me out tons.

Pulse has basically been bankrolling Nbreeki for the past 1.5 years and was hilarious at the Nimoy funeral. He cool.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
You all should be playing Star Conflict. It's like War Thunder and Freelancer had a baby, in space. Made by the War Thunder folks.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

That game musta gotten one helluva patch, because it was an unforgivable poo poo heap when I tried it out a year ago.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mondian posted:

That game musta gotten one helluva patch, because it was an unforgivable poo poo heap when I tried it out a year ago.

Once in a very great while I become tempted to see if it's gotten better, then I go "nah" and log into Elite instead.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Preechr posted:

You all should be playing Star Conflict. It's like War Thunder and Freelancer had a baby, in space. Made by the War Thunder folks.

I think that's the first game I've seen on steam with all negative reviews on the store page.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Mondian posted:

I don't know what they've done since then; I've only been playing 2 weeks. It's pretty fun. There's sector conquest with corp-manufactured dreadnoughts, open-sector a la Freelancer, PVE queues for when you don't want to fight mans, and enough stats to shake a stick at in a fit of autistic rage. The population isn't very dense, unfortunately. I've climbed into the top 70 in one category in only two weeks, and I doubt it's because I'm just that good.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Valatar posted:

I think that's the first game I've seen on steam with all negative reviews on the store page.

Ahahaha, nearly every one of those reviews boils down to "Russian Bias." Well if I didn't know it was a Gaijin game already, that'd certainly tip me off.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

Use superior upgrade kits; using blue or green ones is going to double (or triple or quadruple?) your dilithium costs, and superior experimental kits aren't really worth it unless you're starting with a low-mark item and are willing to use quality chance boosters. Get the weapons to MkXIV and if you manage the 4% chance or whatever for a quality upgrade then cool, otherwise don't even bother trying for those since they're a money sink for the space rich. MkXIV purple weapons are more than enough to stomp your way through content.

Note that it's going to cost around 30k dil to get each weapon to MkXIV for all the upgrade kits you'll be shoveling into them so be sure you're starting with some good weapon mods so you don't have to spend the time and dil again. (CrtDx3 is obviously the best, but frankly CrtDx2/CrtH is close enough that it's not worth paying ten times as much for the privilege of CrtDx3). The unique delta tech kits you get from maxing out a delta alt or from the weekly featured episode thing are good for this too since they give a lot of points and don't cost any dilithium, but I'd save those for whatever rep set weapons you're using (and I'd use them with a tech accelerator to make the most of it) since those cost a shitload to upgrade.

Short version: buy 'em to MkXIV, that's easy and has no random elements and gives the biggest bang for the buck.

Thanks for this, really good starter. I think I'm sitting on enough raw currency to get my weapons, at least, to Mk XIV. By the time I have the Iconian space set hopefully I'll have the money to do that too.

Is the exchange the best lace to buy upgrade kits?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Preechr posted:

Sorry, having too much fun being a frigate in Fractured Space.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

Is the exchange the best lace to buy upgrade kits?
Yeah. Some are cheaper than others, but beam/cannon kits are some of the cheapest to make (since you can get a bunch of the required rare material from crystalline entity and bug hunt respectively) so they aren't too bad to buy. Just keep in mind you'll need a bunch.

While you can theoretically craft them, unless you've got like 16-17 in the skill to mostly guarantee the doubling crit you're usually better off just selling the mats and buying the kits instead.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Says the man who still logs into ArcheAge

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

Yeah. Some are cheaper than others, but beam/cannon kits are some of the cheapest to make (since you can get a bunch of the required rare material from crystalline entity and bug hunt respectively) so they aren't too bad to buy. Just keep in mind you'll need a bunch.

While you can theoretically craft them, unless you've got like 16-17 in the skill to mostly guarantee the doubling crit you're usually better off just selling the mats and buying the kits instead.

Oof, you are not wrong. Thankfully I've stockpiled a few mats to sell. My initial estimate was way off.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mondian posted:

Ahahaha, nearly every one of those reviews boils down to "Russian Bias." Well if I didn't know it was a Gaijin game already, that'd certainly tip me off.

World of Tanks still has pubbies randomly talk about the russian bias. Even though that ended a year or so ago.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

Oof, you are not wrong. Thankfully I've stockpiled a few mats to sell. My initial estimate was way off.
Now multiply that by a factor of ten to twenty and you can see why everyone says to not bother going for quality upgrades unless you are super space rich. :v:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

Now multiply that by a factor of ten to twenty and you can see why everyone says to not bother going for quality upgrades unless you are super space rich. :v:

The only thing I 100% NEED to upgrade is the warp core, because I want dat AMP

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Don't bother, just buy one from the Fleet Spire. They come with AMP out the gate, have a better passive bonus than the rep cores, and don't cost a billion loving dilithium to get those. They're one of the cheapest fleet items, too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Spire? Isn't the Mine one better? (I assume we're talking warp cores, dunno about sing cores)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 25, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Probably not since the mine doesn't sell any. :v:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

Don't bother, just buy one from the Fleet Spire. They come with AMP out the gate, have a better passive bonus than the rep cores, and don't cost a billion loving dilithium to get those. They're one of the cheapest fleet items, too.

But, but... Set bonus?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Romulan (not Reman) engines, Nukara Deflector and Shield, Spire Core. Maybe swap the Nukara bits for the Borg set equivalents if you have issues with power levels and durability.

All the set bonuses you need and you never need to use anything else! ... Well until you get enough rep for the iconian set stuff, has anyone done the math there? :negative:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Asimo posted:

Probably not since the mine doesn't sell any. :v:

Er, yes it does? Or at least it did, then they added the Spire plasma-integrated ones later.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aleth posted:

Er, yes it does? Or at least it did, then they added the Spire plasma-integrated ones later.
Whoops, for some reason I thought the vanilla-style cores were sold in the starbase proper. I'm still pretty sure the spire ones are better though, all you really lose is some extra max power (which doesn't matter much since they never give max weapon power) and you get power drain resistance (aka, less power drained from weapons fire, thus more damage). As long as it's [AMP] though it probably doesn't really matter either way, and it's still way easier to just get a fleet core of whatever type for it.

Also just got into a Bug Hunt Elite which ended in fifteen seconds because the first alarm bug clipped into a wall. I'm loving these post-DR queues, Cryptic. :ughh:

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
Hey guys, I posted a day or two ago requesting access to the wiki and I think it might have gotten lost in all the replies. I'm not trying to be annoying but I'm sorta lost with regards to the game and I've love to be able to take a look at the wiki and maybe have an idea of what I'm doing.

The name I signed up for on the wiki site was "caladoth"

If I could get access, that would be great. Thanks!

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Kawaii Kiwi posted:

Hey guys, I posted a day or two ago requesting access to the wiki and I think it might have gotten lost in all the replies. I'm not trying to be annoying but I'm sorta lost with regards to the game and I've love to be able to take a look at the wiki and maybe have an idea of what I'm doing.

The name I signed up for on the wiki site was "caladoth"

If I could get access, that would be great. Thanks!

You're in. You might find faster answers to questions by bugging goons in TheNextGooneration though.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah a lot of material on the wiki is getting out of day so you probably want to confirm stuff with the chat channel before you spend dil and marks on equipment.

Asimo posted:

Romulan (not Reman) engines, Nukara Deflector and Shield, Spire Core. Maybe swap the Nukara bits for the Borg set equivalents if you have issues with power levels and durability.

All the set bonuses you need and you never need to use anything else! ... Well until you get enough rep for the iconian set stuff, has anyone done the math there? :negative:

Yeah you can also just slot fleet stuff for the deflector/shield since the Nukara 2 piece bonus isn't essential. You can also slot the Aegis which is pretty good now that it's not effectively stuck at mk xi.

Malicus
Oct 31, 2013
I think I also got overlooked in all the replies. I'd like wiki access (Malicus) and a TheNextGooneration invite (my DR, which I've been playing the most, is Pavrak@lyeas).

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah you can also just slot fleet stuff for the deflector/shield since the Nukara 2 piece bonus isn't essential. You can also slot the Aegis which is pretty good now that it's not effectively stuck at mk xi.
Do the special procs on the fleet shields still get broken when they're upgraded? If so, that would be a reason to avoid those.

I imagine they still do since it's a bug that hurts players and doesn't affect paid content so there's no motivation to rush and fix it. :effort:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Broken how? They fixed the the thing where it was swapping resistance types when upgrading a while back so unless there was some other gently caress up I didn't hear about they're fine now. I still prefer the Aegis over fleet poo poo anyways since it looks great and seems to work just as well.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Last I heard the adaptive part didn't work on upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.

Korgan posted:

You're in. You might find faster answers to questions by bugging goons in TheNextGooneration though.

Thanks!

• Locked thread