Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

If I have to pay for this, I will be very upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Tripwire has amended their EULA to clarify that all KF2 mods must be distributed for free.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Geight posted:

Tripwire has amended their EULA to clarify that all KF2 mods must be distributed for free.
There is a god. :pcgaming:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

UltraVariant posted:

If I have to pay for this, I will be very upset.

Killing FloorŽ 2 ScrakeŽ PepsiŽ ManŽ Mod now available with pop-ups

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Teaching a group of pubbies how to parry scrakes is so rewarding. Went from losing 2-4 people per wave to none.

Now whenever a scrake appears a bunch of people pull out there melee weapon while 2-3 others unload into it. Not the most efficient but still better than before!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is it worth checking out KF1 to get a feel for this game or is it dead/different/whatever? I own it but never played, probably due to a TF2 hat.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Sometimes you get lucky when a teammate triggers slow-mo.

(click for GIF)

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
KF1 is still a great game. The graphics are dated but the gameplay is really solid and at this point it has tons and tons of content right from the start.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Geight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYpz3abAk98

I like that clots and clot variants make you turn to face them when you're grabed now. In KF1 getting grabbed wasn't that big of a deal but ignoring a group of clots focusing on a flesh bound and suddenly turning to face some clots makes them much more dangerous than before

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Was just playing on a 16 man server. Pure hilarity and insanity. Feels like the good old KF1 days :unsmith:

Now up to 20 with twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dork_rex

Okay, the server is being kinda iffy, but here's a notable bug:

there's no progress bar when you download a map now (lol)

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 25, 2015

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Not sure if that can be called an oversight or a "well poo poo they got to that point a bit faster than we thought" moment. Could be either!

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Just got to level 10 medic and I have to say that Armorer is amazing.

The lost healing is pretty unnoticeable due to the fact that you already have boosted healing. And I'll admit the armor on the darts/syringe isn't great. Where it really shines is the fact that Armorer applies to your medic grenades. Having a healing cloud that restores health AND armor is actually pretty baller and amazing when face-tanking Scrakes and Fleshpounds.

It really is. Typing "come at me bro" and throwing a grenade at your feet while a fleshpound attacks you and coming out with MORE armor than you had before is a certain kind of awesome.

I mean, it probably doesn't work as well past Hard, but it was a good feeling.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mindblast posted:

I think the HE nades from support have solid range but less power. Good for the small fry.
Support gets frags, Commando gets HE.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Quality of Life Request: Replace the nightvision perk with a headlamp or a wearable flashlight on your jacket. Two reasons:

1) the flashlights in this game look awesome and being able to light an area for myself and my team regardless of weapon and without reloading or sprinting affecting the beam would make me actually use it from time to time

2) nobody likes nightvision in any game ever

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Alteisen posted:

The way the zerk swings their weapon is based off their movement, if you're moving forward you'll always do an overhead swing, if you're moving side to side or strafing you'll always swing left to right, if you're moving backwards you'll do like diagonal swings.

So you can choose what direction you want to swing in you just need the space for it.

Yeah, I knew that. I mention in my post that I hate strafing to get the horizontal swings because strafing sometimes moves me out of the perfect horizontal, melon popping distance for exploding zed heads. I'm by no means a pro gamer but I have found that I'm wiffing horizontal swings when they matter the most, when like 5 zeds are swarming me and I could take care of them with one horizontal strike if I didn't have to strafe at the same time. But I do believe, and I'll double check when I'm home, that standing still, the default attack is the overhead (holding forward) attack, when literally every other fps that is renown for melee (condemned, dying light) has the default as the horizontal and they still have the directional attacks to let you do uppercuts or overheads or whatever.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
You know you're playing Killing Floor when you get bodyblocked by pubbies in a doorway as you're kiting a Scrake and they keep throwing grenade after grenade without killing the multiple Sirens around it first. That's Killing Floor.

I'm just completely in love with the Berzerker perk but man is it a tough sell on some pubbie teams. I often end up going Medic just to give the team a fighting chance.

Also Questioner86 and Turnways you need to tell John Gibson and Adam Wilson (I assume they're the metalheads behind the soundtrack?) about Misery Index and get them to incorporate some of their tracks into the game. Excellent riffs for headpopping!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

It really is. Typing "come at me bro" and throwing a grenade at your feet while a fleshpound attacks you and coming out with MORE armor than you had before is a certain kind of awesome.

I mean, it probably doesn't work as well past Hard, but it was a good feeling.

Yeah, the whole "Get body armor from the start and a body armor discount" thing seems so, well, not really worth it, not needed, and the selfish option. There can be reasons for other perks to take selfish options (like Supports having more AA12 ammo) but as a medic it kinda goes against the grain.

Also, the best thing is when other people notice and comment on it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, the whole "Get body armor from the start and a body armor discount" thing seems so, well, not really worth it, not needed, and the selfish option. There can be reasons for other perks to take selfish options (like Supports having more AA12 ammo) but as a medic it kinda goes against the grain.

Also, the best thing is when other people notice and comment on it.
Yeah, I've never had an issue affording the medic SMG without the 300 you save from the armor and I can't say I've ever really needed the AR (possibly) a round earlier. Cool, I'm getting close to level 10 on my medic and looking forward to it.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Man why did I start with commander? Shotguns are so much more fun.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

MooCowlian posted:

Man why did I start with commander? Shotguns are so much more fun.

Once you go shotguns, you never go back.

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015

eriddy posted:

Do the enemy/boss health scale up if you have more people in your party? If you play shorthanded (like 3 people on a team instead of 6) are the enemies easier to kill or the same?

If it's anything like KF1, then yes they will have more HP depending on the number of people. The number of zeds per wave also increases.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Martout posted:

You know you're playing Killing Floor when you get bodyblocked by pubbies in a doorway as you're kiting a Scrake and they keep throwing grenade after grenade without killing the multiple Sirens around it first. That's Killing Floor.

I'm just completely in love with the Berzerker perk but man is it a tough sell on some pubbie teams. I often end up going Medic just to give the team a fighting chance.

Also Questioner86 and Turnways you need to tell John Gibson and Adam Wilson (I assume they're the metalheads behind the soundtrack?) about Misery Index and get them to incorporate some of their tracks into the game. Excellent riffs for headpopping!

I've been rocking the medic SMG on my zerk, its pretty cool to smash a few heads then heal a few dudes up, even if we can't kill hans at least we have a chance to get to him.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

closeted republican posted:

Once you go shotguns, you never go back.

This is true. Usually I play medic in other games and I mained medic in Killing Floor. Now that I'm playing support, it's too satisfying to give up unless we have no medics in game.

That said, every game I've joined so far has at least one medic.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Apparantly some ppl have created 30 player servers and as it turns out scrakes literally dominate the field what with the scaling. :shepface:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I joined a 128 man server last night. It was ridiculous but not ridiculously fun. There were 800 zeds in the 5th wave and scrakes and fp's had crazy, crazy amounts of HP. It was interesting to see, but because every corner of the map had people in it you were fighting for scraps when it came to the kills. With the scaling and map sizes currently in place, I could see some 12 man servers being a fun time. Taking four minutes to kill a scrake with 64+ other people though is fun for a laugh but gets old quick.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Casull posted:

This is true. Usually I play medic in other games and I mained medic in Killing Floor. Now that I'm playing support, it's too satisfying to give up unless we have no medics in game.

That said, every game I've joined so far has at least one medic.

Medics have a shotgun too!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
There needs to be a votekick for afk assholes.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Alkydere posted:

Medics have a shotgun too!

And in general, medic weapons feel so much satisfying now to use compared to KF1.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Mindblast posted:

Apparantly some ppl have created 30 player servers and as it turns out scrakes literally dominate the field what with the scaling. :shepface:

This is too true. I joined a 16-player server and we made it to Hans on Burning Paris, got him down to his last heal but wiped, but on the next map, Biotics Lab, we just got destroyed by Scrakes by wave 8.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

loadsamoney

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

There needs to be a votekick for afk assholes.

Just let them die. I dunno if they contribute to scaling while dead, though.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is this game hitscan or projectile?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Just let them die. I dunno if they contribute to scaling while dead, though.

They don't. Health changes to monster that have already spawned stay the same, but subsequent monsters will have reduced health.

Knifegrab posted:

Is this game hitscan or projectile?

Projectile, but the bullets move so fast that they're practically hitscan unless you're playing with 150+ ping.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

ShadowMar posted:

loadsamoney

I want to see this, except everyone a demo. It'll turn into a game of last man standing every wave :getin:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Alteisen posted:

I've been rocking the medic SMG on my zerk, its pretty cool to smash a few heads then heal a few dudes up, even if we can't kill hans at least we have a chance to get to him.

I make a point of fitting at the very least the medic pistol in all my loadouts for a bit of extra healing and some free medic exp. Even if the healing darts cool down at a glacial pace getting two of them into an ailing player being chased by Hans can totally save the team.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Blight Runner posted:

We were trying to take turns tanking it. It just got impatient. :v:

Is it me or do frag grenades seem to have a small blast radius? I can see the shrapnel goes a bit of distance but the results can be underwhelming. Had one go off in a 3 deep line of zeds. One clot survived and was pushed into my face from the explosion. :argh:

Frags (Support Class) seem quite a lot more potent when in tight quarters - the fragments bounce and I wouldn't be surprised if they benefited from the Support pierce passive.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

So, how does the Lacerate skill actually work? Does it make zeds with popped heads bleed out and die faster, or does it add a bleeding DoT effect to any medic attacks?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
My EA impressions: LOL if you aren't playing this game with music volume at max and lyrics on.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Medic is once again the best class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

Projectile, but the bullets move so fast that they're practically hitscan unless you're playing with 150+ ping.

Guess how high my pings go :v:

So yeah I've been aiming a wee bit ahead of everything because things are not hitscan. Not so bad, but gets tiring :(