Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I AM BRAWW posted:

If cosmetics (free or paid for, tradeable or cosmetic economy) actually bother you in a video game I feel bad for you son.

More like them bloating the game's file size, being unoptimized and ultimately resulting in the game running worse than it should, then again this was mainly the issue with TF2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Opposing Farce posted:

For the most part, if a Scrake is charging them the gun classes just have to hope they can pump out enough damage to kill him before he closes in

For the most part, what I've been doing was charging closer to my right and their left arm, Scrakes have a higher tracking problem with lunge attacks :v:

Backpedalling is definitely going to get me killed otherwise.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Opposing Farce posted:

Parrying is supposed to make up the difference. Any class can do it, but only if they have a melee weapon out, and right now Berserker is the class where using a melee weapon makes the most sense. For the most part, if a Scrake is charging them the gun classes just have to hope they can pump out enough damage to kill him before he closes in; a Berserker, on the other hand, can use parries and the Pulverizer's heavy attack to keep him stumbled, which is basically the only way to stay alive for more than a few seconds once he's up in your face.

You can't parry an angry running Scrake, only when he's walking around, you can stumble him with the hammer though and even then it can be a crapshoot cause he can decide to do the spin attack as he's coming into to range and gently caress you up.

The circle strafe only works with plenty of space and its dependent on nobody else hitting him otherwise he might switch targets and get away from you, also dependent on either the scrake being the last one left or trusting your team to keep the trash off you, its not like in KF1 where the axe would stop him in his tracks, there's no real consistent way to stun a scrake perpetually now, the circle strafing is at best an abuse of game mechanics.

Also this is a bit of fighting game lingo but there's an unsual variance in the scrake's hitbox versus when he launches the attack and when it actually hits you, his main one where he sort of rears his arm back seems to have the proper hitbox and thus its easier to tell when to parry, his second one where he sort of rushes you with an overheard swing, the damage on it seems near instant, the timing to parry that one seems almost before he starts to attack which is a bit odd.

Anyway I found this imagine on 4chan, though you guys might get a kick out of it, I think its from Pixv actually.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Randler posted:

The question is whether Steam will still sell the games in those terriotories if it gets indexed. Because so far there it doesn't seem likely that Steam would implement the necessary changes in order to sell index games in Germany. And there are some games that Steam doesn't allow you to run even from a German account even if you got them gifted.

Steam probably won't sell the game to Germans in that case because they're too lazy/cheap to implement age verification, like you said. But in that case it's also unlikely that they will take the game away from people who have bought the early access version. The games which you can't even start from a German IP are, to my knowledge, all banned because of the depiction of swastikas.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Supernorn posted:

Just bought this today. It's really fun but player movement feels very slow even when you're sprinting. Hopefully this'll be one of the things that gets tweaked.

I keep pulling my knife out to run faster but it does nothing! CS:GO has spoiled me.

Don't expect to run faster. It'd make the game too easy and we already move way faster than we did in KF1.

Honestly all of the predictions and what ifs in this thread are funny. They are going to keep the game pretty true to KF1, so a lot of the speculation floating around here could just be solved by looking to the previous game. I doubt that commandos will be "heavy weapon dudes" at all, they aren't going to buff run speed, clot grabbing is an added layer of difficulty etc. The game is supposed to be really hard. You shouldn't be reliably winning every game.

Also the this class can only kill x or this class can only kill y is only limited by the current weapons available. In the future you'll have the tools to make things work no matter your class with some exceptions if it's anything like kf1.

e. here is an example video of the combos you could do as support in kf1 against HOE level Scrakes and FP's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXsqQtRQPnU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Alteisen posted:

You can't parry an angry running Scrake, only when he's walking around, you can stumble him with the hammer though and even then it can be a crapshoot cause he can decide to do the spin attack as he's coming into to range and gently caress you up.

You can, actually. Download a test map and try it yourself. The piruette is really hard to parry tho.

Lemme try to make a gif.

edit: here: http://i.imgur.com/nmxiJTh.gifv

Musluk fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 26, 2015

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Deakul posted:

More like them bloating the game's file size, being unoptimized and ultimately resulting in the game running worse than it should, then again this was mainly the issue with TF2.

Yea thats def gonna happen my man

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ramsus posted:

I doubt that commandos will be "heavy weapon dudes" at all

Literally no one has said this, and clots supposedly being "an added layer of difficulty" beyond the fact that grabs already immobilise isn't consistent with KF1 which is why people are saying that the 180 grabs don't seem like they're meant to artificially gently caress up your aim. :thumbsup:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's not 100% kf1, shocking.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
like really the devs are so stupid that they didn't realize that the clot 180 fucks up your aim, good one

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ramsus posted:

like really the devs are so stupid that they didn't realize that the clot 180 fucks up your aim, good one

It must be a bug.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Ramsus posted:

:v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Musluk posted:

You can, actually. Download a test map and try it yourself. The piruette is really hard to parry tho.

Lemme try to make a gif.

edit: here: http://i.imgur.com/nmxiJTh.gifv

I'll have to practice this.

Can you parry his pirouette?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
My only complaint is a serious lack of HOE servers. Also I keep getting a bug where it won't let me heal past 100 hp.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I havent tried the game yet but the clots were loving useless in kf1 so them having some new mechanic like this makes sense.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Ramsus posted:

e. here is an example video of the combos you could do as support in kf1 against HOE level Scrakes and FP's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXsqQtRQPnU

I just love that KF1 players call engine bugs and hit register glitches "combos". I guess they come from the same school of player that managed to rebrand "our engine can't handle jumping movement very well" into bunnyhopping.

Very much doubt "combos" are going to be in KF2 (for long - there'll be bugs, but they'll be patched out). Any special hard to pull off ways to solve problematic encounters in specific ways are hopefully going to be designed by the devs and properly balanced.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Video game developers are perfect ascended beings who are incapable of ever making assumptions like "yes, our playerbase will find this feature useful instead of annoying."

It's not supposed to be useful. It's supposed to be annoying. You are getting punished for leaving clots alive and letting them get next to you. You do not like what happens when you do - that is by design.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 26, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ramsus posted:

Video game developers are perfect ascended beings who are incapable of ever making assumptions like "yes, our playerbase will find this feature useful instead of annoying."

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Lemon Curdistan posted:

do you have a brain problem

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

DatonKallandor posted:

I just love that KF1 players call engine bugs and hit register glitches "combos". I guess they come from the same school of player that managed to rebrand "our engine can't handle jumping movement very well" into bunnyhopping.

Very much doubt "combos" are going to be in KF2 (for long - there'll be bugs, but they'll be patched out). Any special hard to pull off ways to solve problematic encounters in specific ways are hopefully going to be designed by the devs and properly balanced.

Try pulling these combos off in the heat of battle. It actually takes a lot of skill and if you gently caress up a step you're dead. It's in the game, the devs knew for years, it's part of how you survive if you can even pull it off in the first place.

Besides it's a lot more fun than going ALRIGHT TEAM HERE COMES ANOTHER BIG ONE, EVERYONE JUST FIRE EVERYTHING YOU GOT and gives a lone survivor a shot. People will find the most efficient ways of offing fp's and scrakes in kf2 for sure. But for now we're stuck running laps around the bar in paris.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Having negative outcomes to certain actions is a staple way of making players realise they have to watch out for poo poo. Don't stand in the gas, don't get cornered, do not let clots grab you etc.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Ramsus posted:

Try pulling these combos off in the heat of battle. It actually takes a lot of skill and if you gently caress up a step you're dead. It's in the game, the devs knew for years, it's part of how you survive if you can even pull it off in the first place.

Most of the hunting shotgun weirdness players came up with is relatively recent, though. People did HoE before those quirkiness with sharpshooters instead. The commandos lost ground as people realized shotgun penetration code didn't reduce the damage as intended.

Also lol combos.

edit:

Musluk posted:

Yeah, no. Taking movement control away from the player is fine, that's what the clots are there for. Taking aiming control away though, when there are more important targets is not fun or fine.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 26, 2015

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I never played KF1 so I'm still pretty new to this, but a LAW seems like it would be a pretty cool gimmick for one of the perk's unique grenades (might have to reduce the count though).

edit: also is there somewhere besides the channel on CTS that people are playing this? It seems empty most of the time.

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 26, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It isn't meant to be useful, it's meant to be an impediment. Killing Floor 2 is not trying to help you spot the Clot that is grabbing you. It is forcing you to attack the Clot that is grabbing you because that will gently caress up whatever you were trying to do before you got grabbed.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Pretty sure purpose of the auto focus is so you know you've been grabbed, because exactly like KF1, being grabbed means you're immobilised. Instead of being grabbed while surrounded and not knowing which clot has you/what to kill to get free, you now get focused to the guy grabbing you. :rolleyes:

Honestly it's crawlers body blocking me by just crouching there doing nothing at my knees that gets me stuck 98% more than getting grabbed ever does. Or I'll get grabbed, shoot the skull off the guy grabbing me, and can't strafe away because the mentioned crawler.

Majority of my times getting grabbed by a clot are when I'm reloading and oh look one has teleported to where I'm falling back to, reflex melee bash to the face.... :sigh: great now I have to restart my reload animation, again oh well keep goin-*teleporting clot around corner, reflex bash* MOTHER loving gently caress :argh:

While I know it would be a terrible idea on Hard, on Normal even when I've got a pile of enemies (well, not scrakes or anything) around me and I'm grabbed I've taken to just waiting for my gun to finish reloading. Totally worth the (normal difficulty) damage!

DatonKallandor posted:

They said this isn't the case and from playing it certainly seems like it isn't the case. Player numbers bump monster health - difficulty setting does not. Difficulty seems to increase zed counts per wave, increase zed quality per wave, increase zed damage and unlock new zed moves (this is mostly sprinting related).

Can anyone confirm how many 9MM shots to a clot's head it takes across difficulties and team sizes? Normal solo and Normal multiplayer I never noticed needing more than one 9mm shot to pop the heads off of clots, but this could just be my brain filtering out those extra shots. Meanwhile, if you load up Solo Hard, it now takes TWO 9mm shots to the skull to kill clots and slashers (still one shot with a medic pistol, so now it's somewhere above 15, but below 20 damage to pop a skull). Does 6 player normal make that difference and I've just never noticed somehow? Or do clots etc always take a single 9mm to the skull to take down on Normal regardless of player count, while hard ramps it up.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The worst part of zed movement is that right now zeds will just magically fly 3 feet up to walk on top of railings, which is frustrating as gently caress when it causes you to miss (which is pretty much every time it happens since headshots are important). It'd be nice if that could be fixed.

Literally the most infuriating thing in the game for me, it's such a petty thing but there it is. It makes high ground pretty useless defensively too when they can warp up from the bottom of a short stairwell. Meanwhile, good lord it seems so loving hard for you as a player to hop railings at times.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

are people unironically having trouble with the clots turning you around?

i avoid the issue by shooting the clots before they grab me. i also kind of prefer it cause there were times in KF1 where i'd get grabbed by a clot who was standing somewhere weird like down a slope from me, and it'd get me killed cause i'd be looking for them instead of shooting the scrake or w/e that was coming for me.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The enemies in question are called Clots... Clots form to slow down bloodshed, but can also form where they aren't wanted and cause deadly health complications... Makes you think...

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Musluk posted:

Most of the hunting shotgun weirdness players came up with is relatively recent, though. People did HoE before those quirkiness with sharpshooters instead. The commandos lost ground as people realized shotgun penetration code didn't reduce the damage as intended.

Also lol combos.

edit:

I don't understand why calling it a combo is funny. It's apparently frowned upon by goon purists, but I'd like to see them reliably pull those moves off in 6 man HOE kf1. Commandos have "combos" as well that don't rely on multiple hitbox penetration.

Sharps took a big hit when people couldn't just m99 their way to a win anymore which was good because that made the game boring.

Geight posted:

It isn't meant to be useful, it's meant to be an impediment. Killing Floor 2 is not trying to help you spot the Clot that is grabbing you. It is forcing you to attack the Clot that is grabbing you because that will gently caress up whatever you were trying to do before you got grabbed.

no it's a bug

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ramsus posted:

My only complaint is a serious lack of HOE servers. Also I keep getting a bug where it won't let me heal past 100 hp.

Seems to happen every time you level up during a game. It's really annoying. Similar bugs affect bonus armor/bonus ammo perks too

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Section Z posted:

Can anyone confirm how many 9MM shots to a clot's head it takes across difficulties and team sizes? Normal solo and Normal multiplayer I never noticed needing more than one 9mm shot to pop the heads off of clots, but this could just be my brain filtering out those extra shots. Meanwhile, if you load up Solo Hard, it now takes TWO 9mm shots to the skull to kill clots and slashers (still one shot with a medic pistol, so now it's somewhere above 15, but below 20 damage to pop a skull). Does 6 player normal make that difference and I've just never noticed somehow? Or do clots etc always take a single 9mm to the skull to take down on Normal regardless of player count, while hard ramps it up.

I'd like some hard, datamined numbers as well because I'm in the same boat. It feels like it takes two shots to pop a clot on hard 6 man vs the 1 shot on normal 6 man. I know they said that they are not increasing health between difficulties, but it really does feel like there is a slight boost there.

edit: maybe instead of boosting total hp, increased difficulty just increased head HP?

Broose fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 26, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Ramsus posted:

Sharps took a big hit when people couldn't just m99 their way to a win anymore which was good because that made the game boring.

Realtalk though the game is more fun without Sharpshooter in general. It's gonna be real boring to hear the chainsaw rev and angry scream of a Scrake spawning followed by the sound of a Scrake head exploding from a single shot.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Ramsus posted:

I don't understand why calling it a combo is funny. It's apparently frowned upon by goon purists, but I'd like to see them reliably pull those moves off in 6 man HOE kf1. Commandos have "combos" as well that don't rely on multiple hitbox penetration.

hahahahaha

just feels like 2003 with bunny hopping, oh man :allears:

Okay shitposting aside, if you call jumping and shooting a combo, anything you do in this game while moving is also a combo, that's why it sound stupid.

Geight posted:

Realtalk though the game is more fun without Sharpshooter in general. It's gonna be real boring to hear the chainsaw rev and angry scream of a Scrake spawning followed by the sound of a Scrake head exploding from a single shot.

They do take more than one bolt on harder difficulties though.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Geight posted:

The real way to play sharp shooter was to use pistols only anyways. Tripwire, if You don't add in some british cowboy knockoff with the gunslinger perk, I'm gonna be pissed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Geight posted:

It isn't meant to be useful, it's meant to be an impediment.

You're assuming that's the case, just like I'm assuming it's not meant to be an impediment. I don't know why this is so hard to grasp.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Musluk posted:

hahahahaha

just feels like 2003 with bunny hopping, oh man :allears:

Okay shitposting aside, if you call jumping and shooting a combo, anything you do in this game while moving is also a combo, that's why it sound stupid.

They do take more than one bolt on harder difficulties though.

I want to have an argument about the use of the word combo for a combination of predetermined moves executed for a specific goal time and time again.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah splitting Sharpshooter into two perks was really smart, that's for sure. Gunslinger will be fun on a bun and hopefully Sharpshooter will have more going on for it than I'm expecting.

quote:

You're assuming that's the case, just like I'm assuming it's not meant to be an impediment. I don't know why this is so hard to grasp.

I'm just assuming you have a learning disability at this point, actually.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Geight posted:

I'm just assuming you have a learning disability at this point, actually.

Look, I know it's really hard for you to have a grown-up conversation like a normal human being, but this:

FirstPersonShitter posted:

there were times in KF1 where i'd get grabbed by a clot who was standing somewhere weird like down a slope from me, and it'd get me killed cause i'd be looking for them instead of shooting the scrake or w/e that was coming for me.

is something that happened all the time in KF1 and it makes perfect sense to add a feature to make it easier to identify which clot has grabbed you so you can free yourself faster.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I don't have grown-up conversations with retard babies sorry :thumbsup:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Geight posted:

Yeah splitting Sharpshooter into two perks was really smart, that's for sure.

Yeah, it'll be nice to have a class that isn't the best at literally every role. I'm guessing the new SS will have poo poo for ammo and really heavy weapons that do enormous damage, for dealing with bigger stuff. Might be the first class who is actually bad at clearing trash.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

is something that happened all the time in KF1 and it makes perfect sense to add a feature to make it easier to identify which clot has grabbed you so you can free yourself faster.

It's both. On one hand it's a newbie-friendly tool that explains "hey, you're being grabbed, kill this thing!" while also thoroughly loving you up if you're trying to clear a hall or focus a big target. If you think the devs who have been working on this game for years didn't realize something that blindingly obvious then I don't know what to tell you. It's supposed to gently caress you up, this game is built to be incredibly hard and punishing, even the little dudes will gently caress you up bigtime if you ignore them.

Taffer fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 26, 2015

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I kind of wish there was something similar for crawlers or that like the crawler's spikes on his back were taller, cause I do get killed by running endlessly into invisible crawlers sometimes. I don't know why it annoys people for clots, you kill em in one shot and you can just like turn around afterwards or something. Maybe have it as a toggle in options or something. But it makes me more annoyed to be blocked by something I can't see than it does to automatically be shown whats blocking me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Broose posted:

Even the shotguns in KF1? Cause All my experience with trying to deal with crawlers on the overpass on west london using a shotgun tells me they are projectile.
Yeah sorry, I forgot that shotguns in KF1 were all projectile. I think those are the only "bullet" based weapons that weren't hitscan though.