Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

SLOSifl posted:

When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face, just walk away.

You're supposed to crawl away meowing. :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face, just walk away.

Booty memories linger.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

SLOSifl posted:

Might be the sleep debt, but this has me laughing like an idiot.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

amityville anus posted:

I'm commando in my flannel lined jeans right now. Business on the outside, pyjamas on the inside. :feelsgood:

This went without anybody commenting on it but hold on, flannel lined jeans? Tell me more.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, they're my mainstay for cold weather. All the durability of denim and all the comfort of flannel jammies rolled into one. I blew out the flannel crotch in a pair that was an inch or two larger than my current pair.

Sponge Baathist has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Apr 15, 2015

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Coca Koala posted:

This went without anybody commenting on it but hold on, flannel lined jeans? Tell me more.

It might be hard to find them now that the weather's getting warmer, but I've bought them at Mark's Work Wearhouse in the past.

Edit: Looks like Dickie's makes them too if you're in the States.

Carbon Thief has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Apr 15, 2015

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
A coffee place that plays house music. Call it Coffee House.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Coffee Haus would be better probably.

I know I saw some slim wallets posted here recently including one trifold that looked nice but ill be damned if I can find them (images not loading at the moment.) Was that in this thread or the recent purchases thread

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Coca Koala posted:

This winter I discovered the amazing world of flannel lined jeans.

I bought a pair of http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KGKBIU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and like them a ton

Economic Sinkhole
Mar 14, 2002
Pillbug

ZeusCannon posted:

I know I saw some slim wallets posted here recently including one trifold that looked nice but ill be damned if I can find them (images not loading at the moment.) Was that in this thread or the recent purchases thread

I just got the softshell one from http://www.slimfoldwallet.com/. It's pretty nice but I'm not a slim wallet connoisseur or anything. This is my first try at not carrying everything card-shaped I own with me every day.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Anyone have a good suggestion for a bug zapper? Not just mosquitoes, but general bug killing.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

This thread, page 11. If you look at my posts in this thread I have a post that is part of the chain.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Thank you very much for this. I have no idea how i kept missing that but I did. I was looking for those exentri wallets that were recommended.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Anybody have a favorite form of ant murder? They are all over my bathroom and it's disgusting. I've been using Terro ant bait, but I think they've developed an immunity or something because they swarm the bait and lick it clean and I replace the thing every few days and there are still so many ants. So, so many ants.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Google "boric acid ants"

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

DirtyFalcon posted:

I've had one of these for 4-5 years now.
http://www.kleankanteen.com/collections/bottles/products/wide-mouth-64oz?variant=860252555

Just around 2 liters, no handle but food-grade stainless steel and they make several different types of caps for it.
Just popping in to thank you for this, he bought two and loves them. He won't stop raving about how cold his water is hours after he initially fills it up, which is great because summer is hell here. Recommend.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cheap, lightweight glasses for running that can be purchased online.

I used to use a pair of tinted safety glasses that sorta looked sporty to run but I can't for the life of me find them. Instead of going out to get another pair I was hoping to get a couple of burner pairs online.

Shipping to Canada.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

m.hache posted:

I used to use a pair of tinted safety glasses that sorta looked sporty to run but I can't for the life of me find them. Instead of going out to get another pair I was hoping to get a couple of burner pairs online.

Shipping to Canada.

I use Bolle safety glasses when I'm cycling. They were really cheap.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

m.hache posted:

Shipping to Canada.

http://www.zennioptical.com
http://www.optical4less.com/
http://www.39dollarglasses.com/

I've ordered prescription sport googles for soccer and also prescription sunglasses and regular glasses from all 3 of them and they're all good.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Need recommendations for a vacuum. I have a shedding dog, and medium thickness carpet and hardwood. I prefer something with good cord management, but not a must-have.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Chinaman7000 posted:

Need recommendations for a vacuum. I have a shedding dog, and medium thickness carpet and hardwood. I prefer something with good cord management, but not a must-have.

Highest rated on consumer reports, blah blah blah.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HFDLCK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=EI5SSLNIL8LQ&coliid=I8VDXQC1RD9T7

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Julet Esqu posted:

Anybody have a favorite form of ant murder? They are all over my bathroom and it's disgusting. I've been using Terro ant bait, but I think they've developed an immunity or something because they swarm the bait and lick it clean and I replace the thing every few days and there are still so many ants. So, so many ants.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Google "boric acid ants"

Seriously. I just went through this. The mixture of water, borax, and sugar stopped the ants in less than a day. I haven't seen them come back in over a month; but if they do, it was so easy and quick, it would be no problem to just do it again.

edit: Maybe borax and boric acid aren't the same things? Either way, I'll vouch for Borax.

Economic Sinkhole
Mar 14, 2002
Pillbug

Julet Esqu posted:

I use these outside and haven't seen more than 1 or 2 inside since: http://www.terro.com/terro-outdoor-liquid-ant-bait

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Goddamnit this is what I use now. I want something new and shiny and hosed.

Thanks though, that's kinda validating.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Weird request,

I have $30 to Amazon.ca. Any recommendations for ANY product around that price point that you use. I'm curious to see what useless/awesome crap I don't have in my life that goons will come up with.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

m.hache posted:

Weird request,

I have $30 to Amazon.ca. Any recommendations for ANY product around that price point that you use. I'm curious to see what useless/awesome crap I don't have in my life that goons will come up with.

I was pretty satisfied with this shower head that was posted earlier in the thread. Currently a lot cheaper than 30 though.

http://www.amazon.com/Niagara-Chrom...rds=shower+head

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Julet Esqu posted:

Terro doesn't kill them outright. The workers sop it all up and take it back to the queen. If you have a shitload of ants it will take a while for the Terro to do its work but it will eventually work. Just keep replacing the bait until it wipes them out. I'm in an apartment building and I think I was drawing them in from all over. I made sure to put the bait in a spot that was as close as possible to where they were coming in. That kept scouts and wanderers to a minimum.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Captain Lavender posted:

Seriously. I just went through this. The mixture of water, borax, and sugar stopped the ants in less than a day. I haven't seen them come back in over a month; but if they do, it was so easy and quick, it would be no problem to just do it again.

edit: Maybe borax and boric acid aren't the same things? Either way, I'll vouch for Borax.

Ditto here - had a nasty German cockroach infestation years back when living with a roommate (suspect he brought them in somehow since he had a couple lizards) and even though bug sprays worked, the boric acid worked best. Stuff literally shreds insects from the inside out when they eat it, after about a week of that and checking/cleaning any electronics, we were in the clear. Thankfully I live alone now and don't have a hoarder slob roommate dragging bugs in the place or leaving trash around, that motherfucker was gross as hell.

Also looking for a recommendation for a decent steam cleaner for carpets - my folks had a nice Bissell unit that they sold a couple years ago in a garage sale. I prefer having one I can use and maintain on my own versus using ones from sketchy local stores (e.g. Rug Doctor) that may or may not be reliable/grimy/broken/etc.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

m.hache posted:

Weird request,

http://www.filleritem.com/

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

This is amazing.

Thank you

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Does anyone have any suggestions for a beginner sit-on kayak? Ideally under $300 but I can go higher if there's justification for the extra cost.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

Timotheous Venture posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a beginner sit-on kayak? Ideally under $300 but I can go higher if there's justification for the extra cost.

If there is a local place nearby that rents, go check out their selection from last season. I used to work at a kayaking business and we would periodically sell our old boats at a steep discount. Where are you located? Where will you be using it? Lake? Ocean? River?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

benwards posted:

If there is a local place nearby that rents, go check out their selection from last season. I used to work at a kayaking business and we would periodically sell our old boats at a steep discount. Where are you located? Where will you be using it? Lake? Ocean? River?

That's a great idea and one that didn't even occur to me (which shows you how little I know). I'm in Nashville - it'll be used pretty exclusively on lakes and slow rivers. There are definitely a tone of rental places out here; I'll be sur to check some out. Thanks!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Does anyone take supplements for mood? I take L-Theanine and it works pretty well and I want to try others.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I need suggestions for a body groomer and nose hair trimmer. Never had much body hair but as I reach near 40, it's getting thicker and annoying.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

colas posted:

Does anyone take supplements for mood? I take L-Theanine and it works pretty well and I want to try others.

Maybe look into nootropics?

calandryll posted:

I need suggestions for a body groomer and nose hair trimmer. Never had much body hair but as I reach near 40, it's getting thicker and annoying.

I know Norelco has a body groomer.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

any hair clippers work as a good body groomer as thats really all they are. my balls and taint are nice and trimmed.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

calandryll posted:

Yeah I got this which is a pretty good manscaper

Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Bodygroom 7100 (Packaging May Vary) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037HP9OA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_GdQsvb1DWXE72
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037HP9OA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_GdQsvb1DWXE72

Gonna need a separate one for the nose though which is probably for the best

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I have these

Body
http://www.amazon.com/MANGROOMER-Ul...=mangroomer+pro

Nose
http://www.amazon.com/MANGROOMER-PR...=mangroomer+pro

They also sell one with a long handle for back hair but that one is not very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Timotheous Venture posted:

If you have a West Marine near you their house brand is a great value, but closer to $500. In any event, post in the A/T fishing thread, there a a bunch of yak fishing guys there who can guide you.