Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fullhouse posted:

Crawlers camouflaging themselves in the piles of corpses constantly at my feet and preventing me from moving past them is much worse than being turned to face a clot that grabbed me

All will be solved when pyro is released if it's anything like KF1. One of the best things about them was their fire grenades. You could get surrounded by the small stuff and throw one at your feet since you're immune to fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

My favorite part about being a firebug was when you really needed to get the gently caress out you'd open the hose up and just walk down a hallway.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Also a fully charged shot from the husk gun would stun scrakes. Flare pistols took out husks pretty good. Only thing they had trouble with was fp's. But you can kite those with fire if you're careful.

e. best voice acting ever in a game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCDPsA9wrCc

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 27, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Tips should be put in the OP. I've noticed a lot of new players and its :shobon: as gently caress seeing them make the same mistakes I did when kf1 came out.

#7 doesn't really apply to commandos though. The cheaper rifles give more bullets per dollar dosh than the 9mm. 9mm when a commando is for when you've made a great error when deciding to reload.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Geight posted:

It feels better to be right about something when other goons are wrong about it. :smug:

Questioner86 posted:

We don't even agree on it internally at Tripwire (Shocking revelation: we are not a game design hive mind) but if you're ever going to try out a mechanic early access is the place to do it. If it loving sucks we can always change it or make it an option or whatever. I'm just glad that something solves the problem in KF1 of not being able to move and not knowing that you're grabbed by a clot until a Fleshpound has expanded your anus.

GOONS HE-

Questioner86 posted:

It's kinda interesting watching people call each other retard baby shits over the clot grab. Interesting and also loving dumb.

Awww.

Ramsus posted:

All will be solved when pyro is released if it's anything like KF1. One of the best things about them was their fire grenades. You could get surrounded by the small stuff and throw one at your feet since you're immune to fire.

Medic nades already do this though. Crawler hp isn't that high even on HoE.

As usual, to lessen the amount of my shitposting, a gfy of a stalker butt flying at you.

edit: man, webms and gifys are real loving handy.

edit 2: GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Musluk fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 27, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lq5LGiKPwE

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Progress report: Wave 4 of 7, 6 man HOE

Scrake bugged out on me and just hugged my face not attacking, so I was able to solo his face off.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 27, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Dang KF has come a long way. Still rules though. I was hoping he'd be in biotic lab every version but I don't know if this is all the uploader's footage or just a collage.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game is so bloody.

We spent all 10 waves here trying to paint the ground as red as possible. Then we died to the boss.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I don't know who posted this but I find it hilarious. http://giant.gfycat.com/RightClumsyGrison.webm

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This game makes great gifs http://gfycat.com/RadiantDifferentBison

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Fluo posted:

I don't know who posted this but I find it hilarious. http://giant.gfycat.com/RightClumsyGrison.webm

l-lewd

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Fluo posted:

I don't care how many times someone's pointed this out, the clot walk animation is loving fantastic.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I killed a Scrake as it killed me. On my friend's end, his ragdoll gave me a loving embrace goodbye.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ShadowMar posted:

I don't care how many times someone's pointed this out, the clot walk animation is loving fantastic.

I laughed so loving hard when I realized what that weird power walk reminded me of.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

A pair of bloats heard that there was some leftover birthday cake in the Horzine labs, and during the rush of wave 7, managed to wedge themselves in the doorway, blocking the path for all the other monsters like it was some kind of ridiculous 3 Stooges skit.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeZiB-4FcaU

huh

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I tried this solo and managed to do it consistently after a couple of tries. I get the feeling that the second I try it with a full group I'm just going to get murdered and embarrass myself because I tend to panic and fire my gun too early. :v:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's nice to see to know it's technically possible, but whenever I see videos like that I'm never really impressed. Lets see it go that smoothly when there's crawlers and sirens and clots running around and garbage cans and fences to get in your way.

That said, there's custom maps already?? Are they on the tripwire forum or am I going to have to go searching?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

QwertySanchez posted:

It's nice to see to know it's technically possible, but whenever I see videos like that I'm never really impressed. Lets see it go that smoothly when there's crawlers and sirens and clots running around and garbage cans and fences to get in your way.

That said, there's custom maps already?? Are they on the tripwire forum or am I going to have to go searching?

Well it's a scrake so you're free to calmly shoot around it while you find a spot where you're comfortable dealing with it

If it were a fleshpound there's no way you'd get away with that

And that's the current test map. Someone posted it a few pages ago and I think it was on the tripwire forum

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Add me to the chorus of people saying the clots grab mechanic makes sense. I now actually have to pay attention to them, they're not just fodder.

I know i'm gonna get told its a dumb idea, however:

Can you do the same for crawlers? Say if one gets close enough it grabs your foot and your character either has to curbstomp or shoot the thing. A "Press V to Stomp" thing would work well there.

Make it so its stackable too, so if you get grabbed by 3 crawlers they each grab a different limb and you have to shoot them off. Would make them way creepier/scarier and dodges the whole "i can never see those loving crawlers" issue.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
No, the crawlers feat is that they hard(er) to spot and hit and can jump around, theyre annoying enough without burrying you in a QTE of all things

if anything i'd want the enemies to be more unique instead of filling the same roles.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RoadCrewWorker posted:

No, the crawlers feat is that they hard(er) to spot and hit and can jump around, theyre annoying enough without burrying you in a QTE of all things

if anything i'd want the enemies to be more unique instead of filling the same roles.

I mean more in the sense of you can either look at them and press V to stamp on them, or shoot them (not a "press button to succeed, it'd just be like melee bashing a clot but with a different animation) I know its a dumb idea, but the idea of someone getting covered in crawlers is so creepy and horrifying, so I had to mention it.

In fact, let me replace my weapon butt with a power kick. gently caress it :black101:

V

Make it demo only. Every class has its own weapon bash, each more ridiculous than the last. If you're playing as an English character you scream "DOSH" and bash in a zeds head with money.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 27, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
let me have an explosive pelvic thrust instead of a weapon bash

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dogstile posted:

In fact, let me replace my weapon butt with a power kick. gently caress it :black101:
They should totally give the martial artist class the BulletStorm slide-kick ability while they're at it

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

They should totally give the martial artist class the BulletStorm slide-kick ability while they're at it

Also needs a flying kick and of course the patented Duke Nukem 3D double-kick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OByKugyIu4c

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

QwertySanchez posted:

I'm not sure why being impressed even matters. I now know how one could dodge that attack easily and that's pretty much the purpose of that video so it worked.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Yeah I just kinda assumed they would track you well enough to do a 180 with the attack like pretty much any other game ever.
Now I just need to stop wetting myself and run past rather than away.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Broose posted:

Yeah I just kinda assumed they would track you well enough to do a 180 with the attack like pretty much any other game ever.
Now I just need to stop wetting myself and run past rather than away.

I think maybe the biggest issue is that he won't do that when enraged, so you'll need to tell your team not to shoot them. I'm playing with a 6 man group, so its not an issue but for others it'll be a lot harder.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
For everyone talking about Zed friendly fire, KF 1 had a lot of it too. Fleshpounds would literally mow down EVERYTHING in front of them to get to you, it was pretty hilarious to watch sometimes.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So I was on that 128-man server last night (which is hilarious, btw) and I saw someone with a Mr. Foster skin that had the Dosh symbol on his mask and DOSH written on his jacket. Is that a dev skin or something?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Require More Fire posted:

So I was on that 128-man server last night (which is hilarious, btw) and I saw someone with a Mr. Foster skin that had the Dosh symbol on his mask and DOSH written on his jacket. Is that a dev skin or something?

About a year ago there was a PC Gamer article that was the official reveal of KF2, and if you bought their magazine that month you got a code for the Dosh Foster stuff.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

About a year ago there was a PC Gamer article that was the official reveal of KF2, and if you bought their magazine that month you got a code for the Dosh Foster stuff.

This was only in the UK though, unfortunately.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I'd love it if at some point they put in a reskin so when you wear the bowler hat your base melee looks like an umbrella.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I kinda feel like FleshPounds need to be tweaked upward. In KF1 seeing that red light appear on his chest was an oh poo poo moment but he does it so often in KF2 it doesn't mean much and even when he rages his damage is still pretty meh. Scrakes are much more of a threat so far compared to FleshPounds

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I kinda feel like FleshPounds need to be tweaked upward. In KF1 seeing that red light appear on his chest was an oh poo poo moment but he does it so often in KF2 it doesn't mean much and even when he rages his damage is still pretty meh. Scrakes are much more of a threat so far compared to FleshPounds

I agree, but if they do this they should revert the Fleshpound rage mechanic back to what it was. I realize a lot of people are loving masochists and want the game to be hard as balls for everyone as well as themselves, but making an insta-rage KF 1 style FP just wouldn't be much fun.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Thats one of my main issues with the fleshpounds actually. Before they were kinda scary (if i missed my crossbow headshots) but now a medic will throw a healing grenade at my feet and i'll just unload into it while it futilely tries to kill me.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Fleshpound HP needs to be brought down or there's a damage threshold mechanic that I don't understand. I emptied a full AA12 mag into one of their heads on Suicidal and it killed me despite shot pellets now being the majority of its skull contents by volume.

Rarden
May 20, 2012
It may just be that the AA12 is weaker. According to the store stats all shotguns do the same amount of damage now, which seems strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

TheJimTimMan posted:

It may just be that the AA12 is weaker. According to the store stats all shotguns do the same amount of damage now, which seems strange.
Double-barrel fires 12 pellets instead of 7 like all other shotguns but the medic one (6x20) and the RoF for all the guns obviously varies a lot. In general it seems like they smoothed out the weapons so that the t4 aren't miles ahead of the starter or t2 guns, but are still noticeably better.