Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the AA-12 honestly is my favorite gun in this game by far, in fact, all of the support weapons feel way more fun than the other guns currently in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What's the fastest way to Support 15? I need this tactical reload.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gromit posted:

So bashing them with the butt of your gun doesn't work?

I will freely admit I was panicking a bit because I was trying to get free to help my team with the double fleshpounds. Also I find it kind of difficult to melee bash crawlers if they're right at your feet, especially if it's more then one and they're rapidly clawing you to death.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Shumagorath posted:

What's the fastest way to Support 15? I need this tactical reload.
Use shotgun on zed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Insert name here posted:

Use shotgun on zed

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Bug report: enemies do not keep their angular momentum on death. Please consider the implications that this has for stalkers. E- and fleshpounds

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Insert name here posted:

Use shotgun on zed
Well yeah but is there a reward curve for XP between Hard and Suicidal or should I be trying to suck it up in Hell on Earth?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shumagorath posted:

Well yeah but is there a reward curve for XP between Hard and Suicidal or should I be trying to suck it up in Hell on Earth?

You get more XP per difficulty yea, saddle up with your buds and go into Suicidal, or go solo.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Insert name here posted:

Use shotgun on zed

you can also use welder on door

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
in between rounds I weld and unweld a door over and over

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Man I really just want the Combat Shotgun to be a viable weapon choice because I think 1014's are Cool and Good but using one means giving up the AA-12 and it is not nearly good enough to replace the AA-12.

Ruggington posted:

you can also use welder on door
I ain't got time for that poo poo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

I'd like that if the color order is reversed, blue's usually used in this game whenever something good is happening, and red is a warning.

You're not reading it right

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to swap in my own music in-game? The default music is loving garbage

There's no kind of music swap system in-game now. It's technically possible an in-game jukebox feature might get added, but I don't think Tripwire's ever indicated they intend to do something like that and there's no real reason to think it's in the cards other than the little widget that pops up with the name of the current track and the fact that early iterations of KF had one (because they were UT mods and that feature is built into UT). It's also possible you'll be able to mod the soundtrack at some point but I think that might not be feasible based on the game's sound system. (In KF1 you could mod the sountrack by replacing some .ogg files in the game directory, but KF2 uses WWise audio that isn't quite so amenable to replacement.) You might just have to use the tried-and-true "winamp in the background" method.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Antoine Silvere posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to swap in my own music in-game? The default music is loving garbage

actually its very good for a game like killing floor

hope this helps

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
The issue I have with the syringe on other players is that in KF1 I could just click click click and it would heal people running by, for this one it feels like I have to be on that person for a solid second or two before it triggers a heal, not good for someone moving around.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

The Hunting Shotgun owns. It owns a lot and it makes me happy for this game.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Replace the Night-vision ability with an ability that lets you carry more grenades. TIA.

And/or let this be one of the abilities for Demo.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Pubbie medics, doing what their part in body blocking you so you can't escape hans's grenades.

"Oh my god I can't belive I made it out of that with 2 health and could needle myself... well maybe that was a fluke... Wait did he just turn his back on hans with full health and armor to run... wait did he run past me in this narrow hallway... Oh poo poo grenades well at least the door is right the-why can't I move :supaburn:"

I've noticed things tend to fall apart when people scatter for some mysterious unstated reason. Things are going well, nobody is low on health, everybody has darted the latest drain victim. Then suddenly people start running off and of course Hans starts picking people off one by one like a slasher monster. Not even split up by gas or grenades or trash or anything, just turning 180 and sprinting off while they have full health and a good chunk of armor while people are still fighting hans.

EDIT: I considered they were maybe looking for ammo, but this happens even in the mid phases while my casual rear end still has so many bullets I do not know what to do with them. Then again I tend to use my "backup" guns for the first two grabs at least, so maybe pubbies are go T4 or Go Home for all phases?

I am glad somebody mentioned that the AK is really cool, because it is. I guess my expectations of T3 guns were skewed because of the combat shotgun.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 28, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
How do people run out of ammo fighting Hans? That seems impossible for me to even conceive.

Is it from blasting him with full clips during his damage reduction phase?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

How do people run out of ammo fighting Hans? That seems impossible for me to even conceive.

Probably

khy
Aug 15, 2005

No goon server? I looked in PGS and saw nothing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My only gripe is that afks can pretty much stay in indefinitely which sucks

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

I know we have a few people here running servers, so have any of you resolved the issue where your server stopped showing up in the in-game browser after the update last week? I can still connect to the server via the console and the open command but it's not coming up in the browser and it also no longer shows up in any of our saved favorites.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

khy posted:

The only one I remember is this one.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

khy posted:

There are ~Goon Floor 2~ and ~Goon Squad~

Husk realizes he's made a poor life choice.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fina posted:

I had an idea regarding doors:

Make the color of the welding goo indicate how hosed the integrity of the door is. I realize that it already has an overlay on the door but I think this would be a nice detail.

Not bad. But I'd reverse the colors and make blue safe and red the danger zone

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Libertine posted:

I could imagine running down on ammo if you used NOTHING but your T4 gun the entire time, even if you didn't shoot him during his grabby phase.

So I can imagine, when I see the last two survivors are medics and they are backpeddaling away from Hans shooting him with their Pistols, that they have that mindset on top of unloading during his resistant phase.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 28, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Require More Fire posted:

There are ~Goon Floor 2~ and ~Goon Squad~

Husk realizes he's made a poor life choice.

I didn't see these posted, whats the server info on them?

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Ramsus posted:

That was what I was trying to show. The length of the weld currently shows how much health the weld has. I was trying to show that the color of the weld indicated how far the door was from being blown off the hinge since doors now have a second health bar.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Ramsus posted:

That's what it is. If you look closely, the red goop is telling you the door is hosed up and going to blow soon, regardless of how much welding goop you have on it. The blue weld isn't as strong, but it's showing you the door is fine. Even if you keep the weld up on a door, like the red example, it will fail after a certain threshold.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Ramsus posted:

Look at the glass on the door :ssh:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

khy posted:

Seriously, for how active this thread is there's never anyone in the mumble to play with

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Okay, added a bunch of stuff to the OP. Should I put info about http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GoonsontheKillingFloor in there? It's the largest KF goon group but it's very quiet.

edit: UI suggestion(s). I know someone pointed out the ammo for melee weapons, but I made a mock up where the perk icon shows up next to the weapon so maybe I stop accidentally selling guns I've picked up around the map.

Original:

Mockup:

Server browser filter thing, too. It looks like the Reset and Apply buttons are part of the background.

Original:

Mockup:

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 28, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Well thus far it seems like the most common strategy is to run around in circles leaving teammates behind to die.

Because that's all I see happen in the games thus far

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Penpal posted:

That's what it is. If you look closely, the red goop is telling you the door is hosed up and going to blow soon, regardless of how much welding goop you have on it. The blue weld isn't as strong, but it's showing you the door is fine. Even if you keep the weld up on a door, like the red example, it will fail after a certain threshold.

The doors have strength too :wth: is that new?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

actually its very good for a game like killing floor

hope this helps

actually it is bad for literally any and every thing possible, ever

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Hed posted:

The doors have strength too :wth: is that new?

Yes, and unlike KF1 they do not respawn when a wave ends, they're gone forever. You can't just weld one door forever, if there's stuff hitting it it will eventually break, not matter how much you weld it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Antoine Silvere posted:

actually it is bad for literally any and every thing possible, ever

make sure you turn on the lyrics hth

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Penpal posted:

Oh duh. I was thinking it was for how much weld is on the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

khy posted:

Well thus far it seems like the most common strategy is to run around in circles leaving teammates behind to die.

Because that's all I see happen in the games thus far

Play at higher difficulty with people that are leveled. If there are people in the server that aren't leveled then leave. Suicidal seems to have some decent teamwork. HOE seems impossible atm. I've only ever made it to wave 4 of 7.

Completed all the maps on suicidal though.