Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

oldskool posted:

Did they get rid of the rule that you can't wear a combination that matches your field color? I remember they were tossing that around for a while regarding Boise State, but that was before anybody else was changing field colors IIRC.

Not sure if there ever was that rule for FCS, I believe that picture is from 2012 so it would have been in the last couple of years. I think you need special permission/grandfathered in like Boise to have a weird field at all in FBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Chichevache posted:

I loving love colored fields.

Hells yeah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

oldskool posted:

Did they get rid of the rule that you can't wear a combination that matches your field color? I remember they were tossing that around for a while regarding Boise State, but that was before anybody else was changing field colors IIRC.

The MWC specifically has a rule that Boise can't wear blue jerseys for home games during conference play

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nerve posted:

i cant think of a black and red uniform that isnt awful

NIU? Arkansas State?

It's such a common color combination but somehow almost everybody fails to execute it well.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Can the Raiders play on a field that's nothing but dirt? Or just black with silver lines?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Raku posted:

Can the Raiders play on a field that's nothing but dirt?

They'll play in Pittsburgh eventually.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

oldskool posted:

They'll play in Pittsburgh eventually.

He said a field of dirt not players/fans.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

A couple days ago Coastal finished their teal field nobody asked for.

I guess it's not aggressively bad. I kind of like that people are calling it "Surfturf" though. :haw:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Eifert Posting posted:

He said a field of dirt not players/fans.

The Ravens now seem pretty insightful picking black and bruise purple. If only their accent was looted storefront fire.

Hazo posted:

I guess it's not aggressively bad. I kind of like that people are calling it "Surfturf" though. :haw:

What the gently caress is a Chanticleer

edit: Seriously? An EXTINCT canadian chicken?

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 30, 2015

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Hazo posted:

I really like that. Just enough to be different.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--yeah I like that one

Suspect Bucket posted:

edit: Seriously? An EXTINCT canadian chicken?

Huh I just thought it was a chicken.

Now I'm going to imagine it was a huge chicken that fed on reindeer and moose.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Suspect Bucket posted:

What the gently caress is a Chanticleer
A character from Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Every year ESPN devotes an obnoxious amount of time to that stupid question during their FCS postseason coverage. Coastal used to be part of USC so when they broke away they sort-of-but-not-quite kept the Gamecock mascot as tribute.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 30, 2015

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's like when the color on my TV was off when I was little and watched Football Blooper videos

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Chichevache posted:

I loving love colored fields.

Whenever I try watch a Boise State home game I have to stop watching because I get something approaching motion sickness. The blue field just fucks with me in some way.

I'm a graphic designer and I think it's awesome that college teams are getting all these weird alternate uniforms. But in the NFL I don't like change just for the sake of change. Why mess with the Browns' uniforms?

Teams' colors/fonts/logos that haven't been altered and should never change:

Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, Bears, 49ers, Colts, Chargers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

Whenever I try watch a Boise State home game I have to stop watching because I get something approaching motion sickness. The blue field just fucks with me in some way.

I'm a graphic designer and I think it's awesome that college teams are getting all these weird alternate uniforms. But in the NFL I don't like change just for the sake of change. Why mess with the Browns' uniforms?

Teams' colors/fonts/logos that haven't been altered and should never change:

Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, Bears, 49ers, Colts, Chargers

Uhhhh

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The logo owns and should never change and the white helmets and powder blue uniform combo does too.

Edit: OK the Chargers uniforms have been updated colorwise over the years but never radical remakes like the Bucs or Seahawks have gone through (for better or worse)

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 30, 2015

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the old chargers horse shield logo is better than the lightning bolt

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alouicious posted:

the old chargers horse shield logo is better than the lightning bolt

My dad loathes the lightning bolt logo and wants the shield back so bad

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

nerve posted:

i cant think of a black and red uniform that isnt awful

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I really like red and black unis in general :shrug:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Get a red helmet already.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Falcons throwbacks are red and black and they are loving great

that helmet is so good

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Notorious ZSB posted:

red helmets best helmets

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

We used to wear one full-time and it's a fan favorite (even says COCKS on the front!), but Spurrier apparently hates the very idea of a non-white helmet. :smith:

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

TubeStank posted:

hahahah the loving argyle collar

I would unironically love this uniform if they had the balls to rock argyle socks as well. And maybe changed their name from Tarheels to Dandies. Oh the humiliation of getting beaten by a bunch of dandies in argyle socks.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Peak of the new 49ers alternate jerseys. Apparently it's their first alternate in team history

I don't want to judge it before I see the full thing but already wish they did something unique rather than be another team with a black alternate jersey

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Febreeze posted:

Who started it, the Falcons or UGA?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Febreeze posted:

that helmet is so good

Good call, forgot how insanely good those are.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

schweens posted:

Peak of the new 49ers alternate jerseys. Apparently it's their first alternate in team history

I don't want to judge it before I see the full thing but already wish they did something unique rather than be another team with a black alternate jersey

Dress the entire team in kaps no contact practice jersey and trick the other team, innovative thinking

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

RumbleFish posted:

Spurrier hates

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
These are really bad:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

wandler20 posted:

These are really bad:

dear lord that's painful to look at

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

wandler20 posted:

These are really bad:

i'm struggling to think of a way to make this work. gold pants with a red/black stripe?

these are bad

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

These are really bad:

That's, like, Jed York bad

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
lol those look like factory defect falcons jerseys

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

They aren't bad per se imo, just immensely boring. Like why doesn't it have some cool gold shadow poo poo on the numbers or stripes on the pants or something.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

wandler20 posted:

These are really bad:

This is the worst thing to happen all offseason.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Maybe it's just the image quality but the look like spent charcoal from a BBQ, like I'd touch them and get poo poo all over my fingers

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Those look like uniforms for the San *blank* High School Miners.

Edit
I hope they wear those for the TNF Hawks @Niners game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
It's really important for the Niners to stand out and be unique so it probably will be a prime time black alternate, something no other team has thought of.

• Locked thread