Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Random Stranger posted:

When a thread is being terrible, be the change you want to see in the thread.

Sadly, I have not played any terrible or weird or interestingly obscure game in the past few days worth talking about.

I think my most rented title was Final Fantasy II which took me three or four full rentals from Phar-More pharmacy to complete.

I can post more pictures of poo poo I buy to change the subject but we just spent half a page talking about my living room so I figured nobody would be interested :v: I got this one from kynikos to go with my 3DO. I am a person of refined taste.

e : would you look at that I started another page! This time at least I already included pictures...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Tyson Tomko posted:

^^^ I never take for granted how amazing the internet and even flea markets are these days. I clearly remember BEGGING my parents to help me order games from the back of the Sears catalog. NES Star Trek TNG yes I"m talking about you. It was the cheapest game in the catalog at $20 or $25 and I remember going with my Dad to the store to pick it up and being so drat excited.

I'm still blown away the same video store I mentioned a second ago sold me Mega Man X and X2 CIB (well with photcopied manuals) for $5 each when the N64 was first coming out and the SNES game shelf was still super popular. I just straight up asked them one day, so the lady at the front desk (also my school librarian) called the owner or someone and talked for a few minutes and then said sure. This is the same video store that made our parents call in and give permission to rent us Mortal Kombat and Turok mind you.

I also left the video store stickers on the boxes for purely nostalgia reasons and thankfully still have them. Good ol #SNES125.

Little Samson was my first video game purchase with my own money. It has a big silver VIDEO CLUB sticker slapped on the side.

What? Loose copies go for $900? Whatever, I ain't selling this poo poo.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kid Fenris posted:

Did you rent it back to back, or did you take the risk that someone else would borrow it, erase your save, play for twenty minutes, and rename every party member AssFist?

Your party got murdered in its sleep by travelling bandits. poo poo happens. :colbert:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Silhouette posted:

Nothing fades my faith in human intelligence more than finding out that Minecraft(combined with the mobile version) is the third best selling game of all time.

angry birds is the best selling game of all time

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kid Fenris posted:

Did you rent it back to back, or did you take the risk that someone else would borrow it, erase your save, play for twenty minutes, and rename every party member AssFist?

Back to back. You just knew that the next person to rent it would screw up your game!

Caitlin posted:

I can post more pictures of poo poo I buy to change the subject but we just spent half a page talking about my living room so I figured nobody would be interested :v: I got this one from kynikos to go with my 3DO. I am a person of refined taste.

e : would you look at that I started another page! This time at least I already included pictures...

I don't think anyone here would say that collection pics are not awesome.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Nintendo Kid posted:

To add to this, you can get used android phones with a much better CPU and GPU for emulating on, with HDMI out and the ability to support USB in for controllers and the like, for not much more than a Raspberry Pi.

For example $60 can get you a Samsung Galaxy S3, which emulates up to the Playstation quite well, and with a $10 adapter thing that plugs into the charge port it'll support HDMI out, USB host for flash drives and controllers, and also chunking in full size SD cards for additional storage beyond the built in storage and the built in microsd slot. The phone might not be able to be used on a cell network ever again due to an issue like broken sim card slot, or might not be usable as an independent phone because the screen's cracked or the touchscreen doesn't work, but you can use a game controller or mouse or keyboard plugged in by USB to navigate it because Android supports that natively.

The only real advantage with the RasPi would be native Component video output but even then that's a real lovely reason to use one. I'd still avoid using any Android based emulation as even the good android emulators are honestly kind of lovely if you're plan is to go full emulator box.

I'd say the best route is to find one system you like the aesthetics of, get a broken one, gut it, mount a mini-ITX form factor PC powered by an FM2 APU, a small power supply and a cheap stick of 4G DDR3. That will destroy any and all emulation up to and including PS2. Plus it will be able to run some modern PC games and act as a media center.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I thought I'd share a collection pick but my giant piles aren't that interesting to look at. But it occurred to me that I did see something special in my collection the other day:

Here's a hint at what you're looking at. That's not a mud clod. Well, it was mud...

I just store old computer game manuals there, so as long as they're not paper wasps it's not that big of deal.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
:gonk: oh holy poo poo is that a wasp hive

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I decided to do a tear down on that non working Saturn even though all my sister's and everything are in storage. I was hoping it was just the reset button was jammed. I heard that was a thing.

OH GAWD! I don't think I can go on. It looks like an eighth of the board under the rf shield is covered in that "rust".

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The RasPi is poo poo at emulation. I mean, it can technically do it, but it won't do anything besides Star Control anywhere close to faithfully (even NES stuff).

Aww, drat, that sucks. I heard the latest release was pretty much near perfect for 16-bit and back. :(
Is it just laggy or not support much or what?

Double Edit: Oh shoot, I'm sorry, I didn't see your newer post.

The only real advantage with the RasPi would be native Component video output but even then that's a real lovely reason to use one. I'd still avoid using any Android based emulation as even the good android emulators are honestly kind of lovely if you're plan is to go full emulator box.

I'd say the best route is to find one system you like the aesthetics of, get a broken one, gut it, mount a mini-ITX form factor PC powered by an FM2 APU, a small power supply and a cheap stick of 4G DDR3. That will destroy any and all emulation up to and including PS2. Plus it will be able to run some modern PC games and act as a media center.

If I were to go that route, would it need an entire OS installed on it? I've never looked into just using a mini computer instead.

Laslow posted:

You could go all the way up to PS2, Wii and GCN with a good cheap GPU like a 750ti and an i3 if you don't mind using an ITX case instead of the husk of an old NES or whatever. A decent smartphone with a Bluetooth game pad and an HDMI adapter is probably more powerful than a pi as well and you probably already have 2 out of 3 pieces of that puzzle already. You could also get a cheap used wii and softmod it.

I don't think buying rare broken systems for display is a dick move so long as you're not going destroy something rare and repairable just to cram a RasPi into its shell.

:stare: Never. Ever. Not even something common.
They would have been separate.

I have a decent computer for putting emulators on now, I was just hoping to build essentially an emulation "console" that was an all in one for everything 16-bit and back, sort of like the retron but better. Then just plug in USB cables and have it hooked into a TV and go.

I'm also hesitant with wireless controllers because my experience with just about everything wireless has been poo poo except for with the wii. But I don't see how I'd get controllers for the SEGA Genesis for it, for example.

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Buying the outer shell is occasionally possible, but not really any cheaper or better. And you also miss little things like controller, AV, and expansion ports. Buying a broken console is fine and dandy, even for something rare; the desirable stuff is desirable because it works or is complete. A busted console doesn't do anyone any good and is more likely to be scrapped, so you'd be doing something decent with it.

Hell, for common stuff like the SNES and Sega Genesis, you can still get a functional console for not too much money (especially the Genesis, and especially the second model one). Do so! It's better being shown appreciately by you than languishing in some basement or attic or in the dark corner of some packrat retrogoon's "spares" dungeon!

I'm assuming this is all for display purposes, of course. If it's to use as a case for a Raspberry Pi, then nah, don't gut original systems for that, working or not.

For re-whitening yellowed plastic, there is a homemade compound call Retrobright (or along those lines). You'd have to investigate it some more, I guess, but it could be good for restoring things. Otherwise, isopropyl alcohol shouldn't be too bad, and even good old soap and water for really messy things can't hurt (so long as you disassemble the consoles, of course, and remove the important bits).

Otherwise, the big thing is to keep stuff (especially paper and printed stuff) out of direct sunlight since it bleaches things, dust often, and be careful of scratches. Beyond that, the physical condition will probably take care of itself. The only big issue might be capacitors that can swell and bulge with age and then fail, or outright leak after some time and damage boards, but that can be very dependent on the platform and manufacturer in question.

If you want to find out more about the physical perils and pitfalls of old electronics, get yourself a brain full with Police Automaton's old hardware repair guide in the SHSC forum.

Yeah, if I can get working ones for just a little more, I figured why not. And for some I pretty much have no choice because good emulators aren't available for them (looking at you, CDI). Never wanted to gut them, but if all it needed was a cleaning on the inside to work, that's something even I can do.

My big concern was how to make all the electronic components and plastics last while also cleaning them. I know most consoles are usually in good condition now, and aren't falling apart yet, but even Bakelite radios won't last forever. Anything I could do to help extend it's life is really what I'm looking at, which means no direct sunlight for my limited knowledge. Restoring things too, like that retrobright, is another, but if it weakens the plastic then it's considerably worse than having never cleaned it at all.

I sort of liken it to how people used to restore paintings, which included everything from damaging chemicals that destroyed bonds, to putting new paint on top. :catstare: So many things we used to do have now been found to make it worse, so I was hoping there'd be resources on plastics and silicon pretty much. I'm bookmarking your link though, as that's really awesome for if I needed to clean the interior electronics to these things.

Edit:

Caitlin posted:

:gonk: oh holy poo poo is that a wasp hive

Was. Or maybe there's still little friends in there! :3:

Bel Monte fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 30, 2015

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Random Stranger posted:

I thought I'd share a collection pick but my giant piles aren't that interesting to look at. But it occurred to me that I did see something special in my collection the other day:

I think I'd risk the Wasps to look at what I THINK is Ultima. City of Heroes/Villains was fun as poo poo too.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

I think you mean composite, and honestly it's a pretty lovely composite encoder. Plus it's not like you're going to be able to use a light gun with it on a real CRT anyway.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tyson Tomko posted:

I think I'd risk the Wasps to look at what I THINK is Ultima. City of Heroes/Villains was fun as poo poo too.

Actually, that's my Ultima: Martian Dreams box. :v:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I think if you're gonna be displaying video games systems in your house as if they were art or something then using broken ones is a perfect solution. Though honestly I think you should scrap the whole idea and buy working systems and some flash carts and use them to actually play games, there's a reason why most people here prefer to use the real thing whenever possible. I get that the industrial design of some of these things is really nice but I just think a shrine in your house for mass produced consumer electronics is a bad look- different strokes tho

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Lots of mics. Do you stream? I'm the Duo who hopefully had his caps replaced.

I love your room. Please continue being awesome. :swoon:

Did you get your Giga Wing disc fixed? I was playing it in MAME last night, but the sound is kinda meeehhh. There was nothing like blasting the DC version out of my old analog stereo with the bass boost on.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Back to Mega Man Legends chat, I never bothered with the museum when I first played and now I'm kicking myself. There's a painting of Rock fighting Juno but of course you have no idea what the context is other than "hey, that blue guy looks like Mega Man" and the game never directly mentions this. I wish more video games had background information and dialog that all point to a single narrative but it's never required. One of the very first things you can do is read a book in the library that literally spoils the ending. Every single NPC foreshadows events to come but never does the game force you to talk to them. In fact the plot never discusses the history of the island until it becomes.

This is the only game I've played where the narrative is firmly rooted in the present while all the NPCs discuss the future.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

d0s posted:

I think if you're gonna be displaying video games systems in your house as if they were art or something then using broken ones is a perfect solution. Though honestly I think you should scrap the whole idea and buy working systems and some flash carts and use them to actually play games, there's a reason why most people here prefer to use the real thing whenever possible. I get that the industrial design of some of these things is really nice but I just think a shrine in your house for mass produced consumer electronics is a bad look- different strokes tho

I don't mind emulation at all is the thing. I don't need authenticity, just a similar experience is good enough, plus emulation brings with it a lot of modern conveniences that just didn't exist back in the day like save states and fan-translated games. And I won't wear out hardware, which is a major problem. The more you use your system and games, the sooner it will die.

I wouldn't decorate my home in them either, that's just tasteless. At best I have ideas involving electronics but that's just not it. Just a small corner with a specially built book-case display or two of consoles under acrylic cases. Or maybe just a shrine of them in a circle, stacked up, rising to the wall of candid photos of various game developers taken without their knowledge. All with little personal notes of adoration. Oh John Romero~ :allears:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Ofecks posted:

Did you get your Giga Wing disc fixed?

My Gigawing 2 is the one that's scratched, and I haven't got a chance to take it to a place for resurfacing yet

e:

Bel Monte posted:

I don't mind emulation at all is the thing. I don't need authenticity, just a similar experience is good enough, plus emulation brings with it a lot of modern conveniences that just didn't exist back in the day like save states and fan-translated games. And I won't wear out hardware, which is a major problem. The more you use your system and games, the sooner it will die.

Thing is modern flash carts can do save states (iirc) and you can play translated games on them too. The thing about not using your system so it doesn't die sounds like a funny catch-22 to me, and as long as you're not doing anything really strange your cart based systems should last your lifetime easily, disc based ones may fail but there's ways to fix them or even set them up to use SD cards in some cases. I totally get being fine with just emulation though, it's a great convenience.

d0s fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 1, 2015

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

RodShaft posted:

I decided to do a tear down on that non working Saturn even though all my sister's and everything are in storage. I was hoping it was just the reset button was jammed. I heard that was a thing.

OH GAWD! I don't think I can go on. It looks like an eighth of the board under the rf shield is covered in that "rust".

Earlier in the thread, I posted a non-functioning Master System that was covered in rust and corrosion. I managed to get that working again. You'd be surprised what you can do with some cleaning and new components.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I cleaned it up a bit and threw it back together... Now it doesn't even power on... I'll mess with it again later.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Well good news, everyone. The Genesis 1 I ordered came in today and not only does it work, the power cord that came with it - an official Sega one - works with the Master sytem without any of those weird wavy lines. Also, the copy of Aladdin came in today as well so fun times all around. :toot:

And thanks to the goons who helped me out by suggesting the power cord solution. Much appreciated.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Today I found a Sega Genny power adapter it my apartment and I don't know where it came from.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

All Frogs posted:

Well good news, everyone. The Genesis 1 I ordered came in today and not only does it work, the power cord that came with it - an official Sega one - works with the Master sytem without any of those weird wavy lines. Also, the copy of Aladdin came in today as well so fun times all around. :toot:

And thanks to the goons who helped me out by suggesting the power cord solution. Much appreciated.

Boosh!

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bel Monte posted:

Yeah, if I can get working ones for just a little more, I figured why not. And for some I pretty much have no choice because good emulators aren't available for them (looking at you, CDI). Never wanted to gut them, but if all it needed was a cleaning on the inside to work, that's something even I can do.

For even the most hardcore people here, I don't think their typical internal cleaning regimen extends much beyond scrubbing cartridge contacts and maybe cleaning out the cartridge connector with a credit card (or some other stiff, skinny, and square item), wrapped in cloth (like an old T-shirt) that's doused in isopropyl alcohol. Sometimes it might be necessary to open one up and do a more thorough cleaning to remove real grime and dust buildup, but often, it's sometimes better to let sleeping dogs lie and not know what's in the console you bought.

Bel Monte posted:

My big concern was how to make all the electronic components and plastics last while also cleaning them. I know most consoles are usually in good condition now, and aren't falling apart yet, but even Bakelite radios won't last forever. Anything I could do to help extend it's life is really what I'm looking at, which means no direct sunlight for my limited knowledge. Restoring things too, like that retrobright, is another, but if it weakens the plastic then it's considerably worse than having never cleaned it at all.

I sort of liken it to how people used to restore paintings, which included everything from damaging chemicals that destroyed bonds, to putting new paint on top. :catstare: So many things we used to do have now been found to make it worse, so I was hoping there'd be resources on plastics and silicon pretty much. I'm bookmarking your link though, as that's really awesome for if I needed to clean the interior electronics to these things.

Eh, I wouldn't compare the plastics in electronics from the 1970s through to today with Bakelite. Chemistry's advanced a lot; I bet that a Sega Genesis or SNES case might still be recognizable after a thousand years, though the coloring dyes might fade. Like I mentioned before, your big biggie concern would likely be capacitor failure. That can cause problems ranging from weird or weak functioning, to not functioning at all (but still repairable), to causing outright board damage with the more egregiously leaky and crappy ones. Oh, and maybe rust on metal components if you live in a humid area.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Bel Monte posted:

I would not necessarily say that is true in every case. Or rather, the wear out for many things is so insignificant that your body actually is wearing out much quicker and you will have been dust for a long time when wear out with some components will become a concern. With many things, it's actually less likely that they will fail now, just by the virtue that they have survived that long. Other things like programmable logic (you will rarely encounter those in electronics produced in big amounts because it would have been more expensive than other solutions) will wear out and lose their programming no matter if you use them or not just by existing so you might as well. Wear out usually just starts to become significant when we look at mechanical components, like CD drives and such. But for many things there are already replacement technologies that don't rely on moving parts, circumventing that problem.

The biggest danger that's still not quite understood by retro communities and often makes hardware go *pop* without warning is aging power supplies that suddenly for example decide to output 7V instead of 5V because some aging capacitors confused some PWM-IC or just produce an excessive amount of ripple which can damage ICs. The usually chosen power supplies in the 10-15$ range for low-powered systems are often not an adequate replacement as they are often newer but just as bad in their properties. "Clean" power is serious business and very few people understand that because it's effects are invisible to the layman.

Regarding plastics, it really depends on the quality of the plastic used and there are huge margins. A lot of plastics in this mass-manufactured crap are, lets face it, just really cheap and lovely. "Plastic" in itself isn't really a very long-term stable thing from form to coloration anyways. That being said, I have some IBM Model M Keyboards from the 80s and they're like new, even color-wise.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 10:52 on May 1, 2015

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Nintendo Kid posted:

It really puts the people who try to ask $25 for a Super Mario Bros cartridge in perspective.

They seperate Minecraft and its mobile edition but put "mobile" Tetris on the #1 spot based on a single press release by EA which is completely dubious with regard to how many versions they are talking about (and pretty much everything else as well). Wikipedia in a nutshell.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Katana Gomai posted:

They seperate Minecraft and its mobile edition but put "mobile" Tetris on the #1 spot based on a single press release by EA which is completely dubious with regard to how many versions they are talking about (and pretty much everything else as well). Wikipedia in a nutshell.

Yeah but I'm only talking about SMB. 40 million goddamn copies out there and you still see people try to sell it as "rare"

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The TG16 has really soft plastic. My friend had wrapped his in the cords and the pressure from the cord alone made a few huge gouges on his system. :(

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kazvall posted:

The TG16 has really soft plastic. My friend had wrapped his in the cords and the pressure from the cord alone made a few huge gouges on his system. :(

First off, tell your friend not to wrap cords like that, it's bad for them!

Second, really? Like the main body or the big plastic cover over the back port thing? I'm fairly sure mine isn't that soft either way [or with the TurboBooster on it] but then again I've never hulked out and strangled it to death with its own cables. :v:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Please don't store your systems in an oven.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

This is another not retro post. Anyone who has enjoyed a game in the Kururin series (Kuru Kuru Kururin, Kururin Paradise, or Kururin Squash) needs to check out the PC/OSX/Linux game Roundabout.
It's Kuririn to its core and scratches that itch like nothing else. Eventually you do get other powerups which from a traditional Kururin standpoint would break the game, but it all works so well and the game is genuinely funny. I got it when it was half price but it's easily worth the full $15 bucks. Fifteen is steep for an indie game on Steam so my advice is to throw it on the top of your wishlist and pick it up in the next big sale.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 1, 2015

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Heran Bago posted:

This is another not retro post. Anyone who has enjoyed a game in the Kururin series (Kuru Kuru Kururin, Kururin Paradise, or Kururin Squash) needs to check out the PC/OSX/Linux game Roundabout.
It's Kuririn to its core and scratches that itch like nothing else. Eventually you do get other powerups which from a traditional Kururin standpoint would break the game, but it all works so well and the game is genuinely funny. I got it when it was half price but it's easily worth the full $15 bucks. Fifteen is steep for an indie game on Steam so y advice is to throw it on the top of your wishlist and pick it up in the next big sale.

The GBA game is pretty much always in my fatty NDS and it's endless fun. This looks promising and is definitely worth a shot, thanks!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Kazvall posted:

Did your friend swap out the traditional TG16 cables for, perhaps, steel cable or razor wire? Because I've had like five TG16s over the years and I've never had a gouge in them. Dust accumulating in the recesses and paint transfers from other things bumping it, sure, but never "a gouge because I wrapped it in its cables."

elf help book posted:

Please don't store your systems in an oven.

vv yeah but that just makes you an idiot (really though for any semi-serious collector those would be horrible storage habits and you should know better)

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 1, 2015

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I think I could see that happening if it was wrapped tightly and then stored somewhere with temperature fluctuations; do a spring cleaning, store it in your attic where it gets cold in winter...

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

First off, tell your friend not to wrap cords like that, it's bad for them!

Second, really? Like the main body or the big plastic cover over the back port thing? I'm fairly sure mine isn't that soft either way [or with the TurboBooster on it] but then again I've never hulked out and strangled it to death with its own cables. :v:

This was some years ago. I just remember him taking it out and being really surprised that the cords wrapped tight around the system had messed up the main body. Quite possible it was stored in a hot place making it all much worse.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Who wants to guess how long it took me to realize you don't have to wait for Raphael the Raven to stop before pounding a stake up his rear end?

My third attempt at 100ing his level

:downsgun:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Don't you dare wrap your cords around your consoles or controllers. Do something like this:

or more seriously something like this in the way they were bent in the packaging:

Tyson Tomko posted:

The GBA game is pretty much always in my fatty NDS and it's endless fun. This looks promising and is definitely worth a shot, thanks!

You would totally love it.

Codiekitty posted:

Who wants to guess how long it took me to realize you don't have to wait for Raphael the Raven to stop before pounding a stake up his rear end?

My third attempt at 100ing his level

:downsgun:
Wow. There's only so much you can do.
Trivia: Raphael the Raven has a star on his belly that you never see because they recolored it black-on-black. Makes sense considering his death.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 1, 2015

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

Don't you dare wrap your cords around your consoles or controllers. Do something like this:

or more seriously something like this in the way they were bent in the packaging:

Really good advice, it's really easy to have cords break at the point they connect with the controller for older controllers. Some modern controllers (including the Dreamcast but excluding the PS2 and gamecube) reinforce that area so it's usually OK, but I still avoid it even on reinforced ones.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

:siren: OH poo poo :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

That 240p upscaling aint right I tell you what.

• Locked thread