Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

widespread posted:

I might be inept at using ShadowPlay, but how do you even get it to work? Just have nVidia Experience constantly running? Also, how do I know the manual capture works?

Open nVidia Experience, enable Shadowplay and configure your binds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

closeted republican posted:

Outpost plays fine, but god is it boring to look at after playing Bioticslab for a while. It's like someone removed all of the cool stuff in Bioticslab and replaced it with a generic outdoors snowy base area.

Outpost has more subtle horrors. Like how it is the only place with restrooms. All locked.

Also yeah regardless of ones outlook on leveling up, level Zero blows. "Your commando can see stalkers!... No, no, your game isn't bugged, you are just not allowed to see them yet".

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Outpost plays fine, but god is it boring to look at after playing Bioticslab for a while. It's like someone removed all of the cool stuff in Bioticslab and replaced it with a generic outdoors snowy base area.

Outpost really shines during zed time, where the rapid spinning of the windmills and violent winds go in slow motion as well.

I really hope there's a level with rain where you can see the droplets during zed time.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^
^^^
Pretty sure there's some restrooms scattered around Biotics Lab as well. We should be able to go in, even if they would all be dead-end death traps.

Last night in a Normal Outpost game, Hans wiped out most of the team with gas grenades and I had no idea anyone died until I noticed that there wasn't as much firing sounds as their was a few seconds ago. It was only after Hans was killed that I checked the scoreboard and saw that 4 out of 6 members of the team were dead.

There really does need to be a bigger/permanent UI indicator that You Are The Last One Left.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Open nVidia Experience, enable Shadowplay and configure your binds.

Also in the ShadowPlay options you can tell it where to put a little icon that indicates SP is active. When you hit manual capture a little arrow shows up indicating that it saved. Not sure what it does when you tell it to record manually, so far I've just been using the DVR 'hey grab the last 60 seconds' button.

If you don't see it make sure your drivers are up to date, it made me do that last night to keep using SP.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 10, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Takes No Damage posted:

Not sure what it does when you tell it to record manually, so far I've just been using the DVR 'hey grab the last 60 seconds' button.

The round arrow icon that shows you are constantly recording the last X minutes of footage has a green light inside when you've switched it to manual "always on".

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

widespread posted:

I might be inept at using ShadowPlay, but how do you even get it to work? Just have nVidia Experience constantly running? Also, how do I know the manual capture works?

Open GeForce Experience, click "ShadowPlay" in the upper-right corner, make sure the big flip switch is switched on, and note/change the hotkeys. It's super easy.

You can enable an little on-screen display that will indicate if you're manually recording, confirm that you just saved the shadow recording, and whatever else.

e: This is what happens when I open tabs and then get distracted by IL-2.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I wouldn't mind if they dropped the xp system tomorrow, but they'd need to put some kind of specialization into its place.

Other than that (same as in KF1) there is mostly the illusion of progress as you basically just climb a damage ramp that gives you enough DPS to survive the harder difficulties. A normal game on LVL0 basically plays like a Suicidal on LVL 15-20, with some classes having one or more additional tasks. The changing enemy behavior is a welcome, actually significant addition that adds some distinction.

I'd like if there was a system to model the kind of dynamic challenges you get by attempting certain difficulties at certain levels but it didn't fracture the player-base into getting a "appropriate" play experience with their favorite class in one difficulty level.

I believe there's already a solution for the grinding from what I've seen on a custom map server. The server was using some kind of custom plugin that artificially boosted everyone to lvl 25 but your real perk level remains what you connected as . I didnt notice this until I leveled while trying out the perks at level 25 for some classes. The boost is temporary as I saw my perk levels restored after disconnecting. I'm not sure if I kept the exp from those play sessions as I forgot what my perk levels before I connected but it might be another issue for the whitelist and etc.

Custom map servers are always the best servers anyways. Grinding just becomes transparent if you play on these kinds of servers.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Grinding is awful in KF1 custom servers. The sheer amount of damage and health healed you have to get to level up when you're somewhat close to the server's cap is ridiculous. I know the servers want grinding so people come back, but I want to run around with cheaply-purchased turrets and machine guns, not having to grind for 10+ levels so they can become afforable.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Tac reload is essential on shotguns to the point where the stagger perk really doesn't need to exist. It doesn't seem to help the AA-12 much but the starting pump loads so much faster I could probably forego the Double if it weren't so much fun.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The regen perk seems fairly poo poo to, its way to slow to give back health.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I would honestly prefer creating a new perk to making the regen perk more useful. I'd prefer something that cuts the syringe recharge time by a third, which would do the same basic job but encourage more attentive play.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoombatINC posted:

I would honestly prefer creating a new perk to making the regen perk more useful. I'd prefer something that cuts the syringe recharge time by a third, which would do the same basic job but encourage more attentive play.

solid suggestion

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Something that could really help the level 0 woes is if every perk started at level 1 instead, so you'd at least get a few baseline stat boosts from the get-go.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Being able to choose perks for your class is a good idea, but the problem is that there are very obviously some choices that are better than others. Most of the perk tiers conists of a really good one, like Tac Reload, with a comedy :downs: option.

It doesn't help that most of the choices are just benefits from KF1's classes put into perk choices for some reason instead of really changing things up. The only perks that really stands out as fresh is Call Out and maybe the regen ones, which tells you about how uninspired most of the choices are.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Can you report playing for griefing yet? Starting to see more and more of it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the perks could be re-worked to give the class a distinct feel if you go down one route entirely or a mix and match.

Like zerk could be either stuff that makes them stronger on one side or stuff that makes them tougher, support could have loads of passive group of buffs and maybe up his supplier thing or something that makes shotguns crazy damaging.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alteisen posted:

I think the perks could be re-worked to give the class a distinct feel if you go down one route entirely or a mix and match.

Like zerk could be either stuff that makes them stronger on one side or stuff that makes them tougher, support could have loads of passive group of buffs and maybe up his supplier thing or something that makes shotguns crazy damaging.

I believe that is called 'is a shotgun'.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

gnome7 posted:

Something that could really help the level 0 woes is if every perk started at level 1 instead, so you'd at least get a few baseline stat boosts from the get-go.

Set it to 5, to start newbies off with a perk choice. It's super disappointing to finally reach level 5, only to realize that your brand-new tier 1 perks are boring.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

If they eliminate the level grind from the game Normal should be the new HoE and Scrakes and Fleshpounds should start the match enraged and making a beeline toward you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

I believe that is called 'is a shotgun'.

I mean make it absurdly strong like maybe a fleshpound not taking a full AA12 clip and actually dying.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

I mean make it absurdly strong like maybe a fleshpound not taking a full AA12 clip and actually dying.

Yes, let's just trivialize the game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Yes, let's just trivialize the game.

No different than a good sharp killing scrakes and fleshpounds the moment they appeared in KF1. :shrug:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

No different than a good sharp killing scrakes and fleshpounds the moment they appeared in KF1. :shrug:

Meaning that particular role will be filled when sharpshooter shows up. Support is already the dominant class, I don't think it needs to be much stronger than it already is.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I haven't actually gotten to tac reload in any class but yea it sounds pretty mandatory for Support, slow reload time is one of the biggest vulnerabilities of that class along with low total ammo. Since they put so much work into the weapon animations I'd like to see basically every class get +1% reload speed per level, then at +15% it just switches to the tac reloads which then get another +10% up to lv25. I don't think this would particularly break anything, ammo management is already key on higher levels. I just got everything to lv10 and moved up to Suicidal tonight, poo poo is crazy. As a Support I used my pistol and in one wave my loving knife for pretty much the first time. The crawler dash is bloody horrifying :gonk:

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

I would much prefer if leveling up instead unlocked alternate skills, new weapons, and cosmetic features for your perk. I really don't like hopping into the more difficult servers and having to limit what classes me and my friends can play as based on how much grinding we've done on a perk.

Different ways to skin a cat I guess, but with the alternative you've suggested I'd probably get equally as frustrated having to grind levels just to get the <uber-super-weapon> for a particular class.

Sure, the current system restricts your usefulness a little if you pick a server with too high a difficulty, but personally I like it and by using the filter system so you only see the servers with the difficulty setting you want

Wish List: the filters should allow you to say LESS-THAN-OR-EQUAL-TO or GREATER-THAN-OR-EQUAL-TO difficulty x

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Colosmicon posted:

Set it to 5, to start newbies off with a perk choice. It's super disappointing to finally reach level 5, only to realize that your brand-new tier 1 perks are boring.

I do like the idea of reducing the level cap by 5. Make the current level 5 perk the future level 0 perk, give at least some (small) buffs at level 0, maximum level at 20. That way the player gets a shiny thing from the get go with each perk that helps make them different other than the weapons they use. With the exception of zerker (which gets worse as time goes on), all the classes start exactly the same but with different weapons.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Meaning that particular role will be filled when sharpshooter shows up. Support is already the dominant class, I don't think it needs to be much stronger than it already is.
That's fair. As much as I want the AA-12 to liquefy Fleshpounds in a single mag it would be kind of unfair to have a class that can clear a hallway in a blink AND drop the big bad guys without problems. If they're weak to explosives and high damage per projectile weapons then everything will work out when the Sharpshooter and explosives class show up.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

That's fair. As much as I want the AA-12 to liquefy Fleshpounds in a single mag it would be kind of unfair to have a class that can clear a hallway in a blink AND drop the big bad guys without problems. If they're weak to explosives and high damage per projectile weapons then everything will work out when the Sharpshooter and explosives class show up.

FP's have ALWAYS been weak to explosive damage. It's the Scrakes that barely take any damage from it, and consequently Scrakes are the ones everyone tosses all their nades at.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Skoll posted:

FP's have ALWAYS been weak to explosive damage. It's the Scrakes that barely take any damage from it, and consequently Scrakes are the ones everyone tosses all their nades at.

Probably because Scrakes seem a lot more willing to walk slowly into a pile of grenades. FPs tend to go into a blind rage within moments of seeing players and start running around.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

Probably because Scrakes seem a lot more willing to walk slowly into a pile of grenades. FPs tend to go into a blind rage within moments of seeing players and start running around.

You never played KF1, have you?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Skoll posted:

You never played KF1, have you?

Yes. Though admittedly it's been a long time. I was the group SS so the most I remember of KF1 Scrakes/FPs is playing "pop goes the head" with a crossbow.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah supports are already probably the only class worth having more than one of. One of my favorites is emptying my AA12 and then parry tanking with the machete until my team get around to shooting the scrake/FP/boss. Parry tanking is really fun and strong and it's a shame berserkers have nothing to look forward to until lv10+ or I'd level one.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Anyone else feel like the object pop-in can get pretty bad? Outpost is the worst offender by far.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Hace posted:

Anyone else feel like the object pop-in can get pretty bad? Outpost is the worst offender by far.

Not at all.
What are your settings & specs?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm playing on Ultra for everything but occasionally when turning a corner to face a giant mass of enemies i notice some go through the UE mipmap loading. It's most noticeable on bloats, because they basically look like wet bowling pins for half a second.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

I run High Quality @ 2560 x 1440 with a Intel SSD, i5, and a 660ti.
I never noticed any pop-up or MIP loading at all.

Slybo fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 11, 2015

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Slybo posted:

Not at all.
What are your settings & specs?

i5 4670K + GTX770 on an 840EVO SSD

Playing at 1080 with realtime reflections and volumetric lighting off.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I don't really notice pop-in until Hans's spawn cutscene, but for some reason only his pants seem to suffer pop-in.

Maybe I do get pop-in otherwise but I'm too busy playing and shooting to really notice much? Then suddenly you have this quiet moment where you can't help but think "Why does it take three seconds for his PANTS to finish going through pop-in?"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 11, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Does anyone else's game lock up if you try to quit just before the next map loads? I get stuck on either the KF2 loading screen or some kind of bugged out screen, it varies wildly when it bugs out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The only hiccup I get is whenever I buy a new weapon and it's immediately equipped.