Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I tried the PAD demo but it seems like a less fun version of the actual, free PAD game which I've had on my phone for years.

Also I might be a bit too attached to my real PAD account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

God drat the new 3DS. If you're thinking about getting one, get one of those clear plastic case things, I ordered one when I bought this but it hasn't actually turned up yet.

I got it in April and I've been using it fairly carefully, not putting it in my pocket or taking it out the house much, not throwing it in my bag, not leaving it where the dogs can get at it, and it's still covered in tiny scratches. (And fingerprints, my god does it pick up fingerprints) I cleaned it up earlier and there are legitimately wear marks on the bottom panel where I hold it. Ok the bottom panel is replaceable, but that's kind of ridiculous for not even having had it a month.

My old 3DS lived in my bag and back pocket for years with only a few deep scratches and a bit of wear on the corners, my mum dropped her DSI XL out of a 1st floor window (2nd to you americans) onto concrete with only bruising to one corner, I still have the DS lite I bought in about 2007 and it looks like new, why is this one so battered when I haven't even had it a month.

/rant over. Get a case.

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

Nettle Soup posted:

overly dramatic post
I've put a poo poo ton of hours on the N3DSXL and the bottom of my system is flawless, no case no screen protectors yoloswag420

P.S. I got it on launch day and have put over 250 hrs on MH4U alone

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

You can always put a skin on it too. Don't think you can fit it on the dock if you use something like a plastic case.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I dunno I just keep my New in that little sack thing I got from Club Nintendo and it hasn't gotten scratched up. Seems to work pretty good. A good sack thing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I just set mine wherever and I don't know if it has scratches or fingerprints on it because I am not a huge manbaby who cares deeply about such things. See also: faceplates and decalgirl skins

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Decalgirl skins look nice though. :(((

I wish Nuvango/Gelaskins would update for the new 3DS XL though. Slackers.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I need Animal Crossing stickers to put on my New 3DS.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sega would probably be behind publishing, so no more Ghostlight to gently caress things up. And even with a new publisher the EU release date's shafted to Q3/Q4 :sigh:.

It's actually in NISA's hands. :goonsay:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Are you still trying to claim 30 FPS is a good frame rate for an action game?

Whatever did we do before this generation, I mean drat, think of all those poo poo actions games I thought were good before 60 fps.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

They're quite good at sticking to release dates, right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ChaosArgate posted:

That's kinda surprising that it's pushed back to Q3/4 then, because they've been dumping a shitload of PS3 JRPG's on aussie store shelves lately.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just bought the Japanese version off of Amazon and paid like $6 more. This was after Amazon changed my ship date for the US one twice. It's the same two pieces of plastic.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Anora posted:

Whatever did we do before this generation, I mean drat, think of all those poo poo actions games I thought were good before 60 fps.

Must be time to shitcan my 60Hz plasma TV, which is clearly not cut out to playback movies these days.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Anybody here able to tell me about Story of Seasons, whether it's good or not? How does it compare to that harvest moon lost valley game? Which one is better and will I still enjoy Story of Seasons after being spoiled by how good Rune Factory 4 is?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Story of Seasons is the best Harvest moon available aside from Harvest Moon 64™

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Nettle Soup posted:

If you're thinking about getting one, get one of those clear plastic case things

You mean this thing? It's pretty nice. Protects my Majora's Mask 3DS from the horrors of the world. But mostly I use it because it makes the 3DS a little larger and heavier and makes holding the handheld a bit more comfortable for me. Can't use it with the dock, though, so that's a shame.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fryhtaning posted:

Must be time to shitcan my 60Hz plasma TV, which is clearly not cut out to playback movies these days.

lol okay duder

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fryhtaning posted:

i mean

a vcr can still play movies too

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Anybody here able to tell me about Story of Seasons, whether it's good or not? How does it compare to that harvest moon lost valley game? Which one is better and will I still enjoy Story of Seasons after being spoiled by how good Rune Factory 4 is?

If you compare it to Rune Factory you will be sorely disappointed, but as far as Harvest Moon games goes it's great.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Zeron posted:

If you compare it to Rune Factory you will be sorely disappointed, but as far as Harvest Moon games goes it's great.

Okay, thank you. That's basically what I wanted to know, if it'd satisfy the same itch that RF4 did and if it's not as good as RF4 then I guess I'll just wait for a new RF game, though I still haven't even completed RF4 yet since I am having trouble getting the third story to trigger.

Do any of you know anything at all about the harvest moon lost valley game? I'm just curious about it now.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Okay, thank you. That's basically what I wanted to know, if it'd satisfy the same itch that RF4 did and if it's not as good as RF4 then I guess I'll just wait for a new RF game, though I still haven't even completed RF4 yet since I am having trouble getting the third story to trigger.

Do any of you know anything at all about the harvest moon lost valley game? I'm just curious about it now.

Its a weird minecraft mashup. No village and it shipped super barebones with a lot of DLC added over time (free at first, becomes paid after a few weeks if you didnt download it)

Its... okay I guess?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Lost Valley isn't as bad or as minecraft-y as people expected it to be but it's still hard to recommend unless you're content to go back to the super old-school "here's a farm, that's pretty much it" style of play from the SNES/Game Boy games. It's a game that could be very easily improved with a sequel, I think, but I also get the impression that Natsume doesn't really care for some of the things people are complaining about, so who knows what'll happen.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

So, uh, about waiting for the next Rune Factory, *cough*

Also we have a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory thread over yonder, they should be able to answer most of your questions.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

YggiDee posted:

So, uh, about waiting for the next Rune Factory, *cough*

DAMMIT

YggiDee posted:

Also we have a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory thread over yonder, they should be able to answer most of your questions.

Ok cool thanks :)

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I've changed my mind. This Attack on Titan game is kinda fun once you get the controls down and get over the clunkiness of it.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Attack on Titan: The Kid Icarus of 2015.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

fount of knowledge posted:

Attack on Titan: The Kid Icarus of 2015.

gently caress

i make a reference to this in my review

gently caress gently caress

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know if anyone still cares but NOA's online store is selling the Kid Icarus AR Card booster packs for $2 each: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod10208

Also, Fred Meyer has the New 3DS XL for $170 (page 9): http://fredmeyer.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?divID=701&drpStoreID=00449

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't know if anyone still cares but NOA's online store is selling the Kid Icarus AR Card booster packs for $2 each: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod10208

i uh

i kinda care

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

WHAT

e: maximum quantity of five?? what is this bullshit, nintendo

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Aren't all the cards available online, what's the big appeal?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lost Valley isn't as bad or as minecraft-y as people expected it to be but it's still hard to recommend unless you're content to go back to the super old-school "here's a farm, that's pretty much it" style of play from the SNES/Game Boy games. It's a game that could be very easily improved with a sequel, I think, but I also get the impression that Natsume doesn't really care for some of the things people are complaining about, so who knows what'll happen.

They came out and said they're listening to fan feedback.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/18/harvest-moon-beyond-whats-next-natsume/

Personally I feel like it has everything but the town/exploration from the previous games, but that's being fixed with the DLC.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
what do the cards even do

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Seagull posted:

You can scan them to earn trophies in-game. You can also just scan pictures of the cards for free

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Cards are fun to collect. Collect them all!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you scan two cards they fight each other too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can roll them up and smoke weed

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Anora posted:

This is a super weird thing to say considering most of the good 3rd person action games of the PS2/Xbox era did in fact run at 60 FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Seagull posted:

they are cool