Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Zernach posted:

I think it would be cool if HA overshields didn't slow your forward movement speed at all and severely slowed strafing and moving backwards. Now HA is a bulletsponge that can rush into brutal chokepoints but can't ADAD flail in regular gun fights. You could then tweak LMG moving COF to account for the closer ranges HA would be shooting at when moving. Could really go balls to the walls and allow HA to run with overshield on, but that might be a bit much.

I would like it if they would rework the shields to be more distinct.

A Forward-Only pushing shield, long activation delay monstrous EHP.

A shield that absorbed a certain number of instances of damage.

A shield that prevented Indirect damage immunity and provided CC resistance

A 500 HP NMG Equivalent with a very small delay (100ms)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Cyclone heavy.

Trigger warning, man.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Long as I get to keep driving around in my Hassle and shoot people from a distance they can do whatever.

Also long as I can still spend my mornings before work blowing up air samurai they can also change everything else.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I'm having a hard time finding the difference in function as described here between Heavy Assault and a MAX. They seem to do the same thing, which to me says that one of them needs a different niche.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Leal posted:

Trigger warning, man.

You don't even have to deal with it, and honestly compared to NC maxes a cyclone heavy is nothing.

Thank god I got the darkstar and can stop playing medic. Playing heavy is night and day after losing tons of fights because I would aggressively play medic on the front lines and invariably get poo poo on by heavies every singe time.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Make it so you have to stop what you're doing and apply the medkit (similar to hacking a terminal/gen.) Or just give everyone a gun that fires healing bullets at you and has an ammo count equal to total health. Want to top off your health? Hold it down for a few seconds. Need to fill up from red? Prepare to use most of your "ammo" over several seconds. All those other things sound tricky to code, so just remove medkits.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

YoursTruly posted:

Make it so you have to stop what you're doing and apply the medkit (similar to hacking a terminal/gen.)

This is tangential, but just in case this is a misconception that people have you can still shoot and use kits and move and face wherever you want while priming a gen or hacking, just as long as you hold your button down and don't get too far away.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So apparently now the Airhammer bug that crashes the clients of people hit by it is crashing the clients of the Reaver pilots as well.

And you thought DBG couldn't balance these things

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
RIP my Reaver Auraxium run. AH is already gonna be my last finish unless I grind it early.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
You don't have to hold the button down while hacking. A brief tap to initiate it is all you need.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

General Probe posted:

You don't have to hold the button down while hacking. A brief tap to initiate it is all you need.

:stare:

i have been shot so many times while hacking terms... goddamn..

A RICH WHITE MAN fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 15, 2015

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

General Probe posted:

It's kinda picky, but this works with anything that you have to arm also. You can even adad a bit while its arming. No need to stand still holding the button.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Unclean009 posted:

It's kinda picky, but this works with anything that you have to arm also. You can even adad a bit while its arming. No need to stand still holding the button.

Hax

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
this changes everything

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Mother of god.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

It's a bunch of fun when someone runs in, looks at you , and pulls their knife for an easy kill. Then you shoot them in the face and they panic a little, then die and you blow a gen.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

You also don't have to stand looking at it, once you're in range you can ADAD and look around and shoot and stuff.

PS Jackhammer heavy is apparently underrated for the ranges people use Cyclones and GD-7Fs at. I don't know about giving Engineers launchers though, infinite ammo rocket primary doesn't sound like it'd go over well. :ohdear: (See: UBGL primary days)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Current launchers would be fine on engineers. For one, they're not nearly as lethal as old UBGL used to be, but mostly the #1 thing about the UBGL that made it so BS was the fact that it was all but silent and invisible. You can't stealthily fire a rocket

Engineers with Phoenixes will make Phoenix nests a lot more interesting though

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
I thought they fixed the sticky grenade damage through force fields exploit years ago. Or is there a new exploit where you can bypass a force field with a grenade?

E: Nope, I guess it's a different bug. If you get right up next to a force field you can chuck a grenade straight through the shield and clear out a whole room.

Literal Hamster fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 15, 2015

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Get rid of the energy drain on Stalker Cloak and/or make crouch-walking nearly invisible, also I would like to be able to blow up generators at bases 2 or 3 latices back from the front lines again (to an appreciable effect). Thanks in Ad Vance.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Daysvala posted:

I thought they fixed the sticky grenade damage through force fields exploit years ago. Or is there a new exploit where you can bypass a force field with a grenade?

E: Nope, I guess it's a different bug. If you get right up next to a force field you can chuck a grenade straight through the shield and clear out a whole room.

Its apparently related to the grenade collision size fix they did a few months ago. The way their current physics system works the larger collision sphere for the grenades was unable to pass through the shield but the new smaller one is...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cabbit posted:

Get rid of the energy drain on Stalker Cloak and/or make crouch-walking nearly invisible, also I would like to be able to blow up generators at bases 2 or 3 latices back from the front lines again (to an appreciable effect). Thanks in Ad Vance.

You can't touch a gen unless you can cap the point (IE lattice connection) sorry about your boring play style.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How did the move over to our russian overlords work out so far? I'm thinking about reinstalling and playing NC somewhere and i haven't kept up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Daysvala posted:

Unclean009 posted:

Its apparently related to the grenade collision size fix they did a few months ago. The way their current physics system works the larger collision sphere for the grenades was unable to pass through the shield but the new smaller one is...

Well actually... doing the same thing (that is walking up right in front of a shield) you can fire phoenixes through it. I learned this when I got fed up with a scythe PPA spamming inside a biolab and shot the phoenix through the shield and at him.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
You can stab people with the knife through shields too. Sometimes you can get a bunch of people knife jousting on one of the biolab walls near the landing pads and it's hilarious.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Denzine posted:

You can stab people with the knife through shields too. Sometimes you can get a bunch of people knife jousting on one of the biolab walls near the landing pads and it's hilarious.

MAX punching through biolab shields is the only way i am going to aurax MAX punch. Only 1155 to go.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Arghy, are you a dev yet?? This is getting ridiculous.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
NC won the Indar alert. Esamir was locked. There was lack of pop to warrant one continent being locked. Instead of unlocking esamir and locking indar it just kept esamir locked and rotated the gates in Indar

I loving hate this game, lock indar its a lovely continent :argh:

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Westy543 posted:

PS Jackhammer heavy is apparently underrated for the ranges people use Cyclones and GD-7Fs at. I don't know about giving Engineers launchers though, infinite ammo rocket primary doesn't sound like it'd go over well. :ohdear: (See: UBGL primary days)

Over my five accounts my lowest Engineer playtime is 65% and the only time I know I'm probably going to lose against a Heavy is when they are using a Jackhammer, on the same note, my playtime would be up around 80% if I had a launcher.

Cabbit posted:

Since I've started playing as an SMG Infiltrator I've realized how many people play this game with lovely graphics quality. So many times I've turned a corner and seen a few guys; I've cloaked, taken three steps outside and crouched and shot them in the back as they ran past me looking for me. Also, the tells of "How'd you see me, I was cloaked!" when I kill others trying to do that always makes me laugh.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RIP old low graphics showing infil skeletons when cloaked

I've been playing a fair slap of infil lately and I never even use the cloak. Wish I could unequip it to get that 100 shields back or SOMETHING

Cyclone + 4xEMP lyfe. poo poo is retarded

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I would gladly give up the shimmering "shoot here" texture cloak to get 100 shields back. I just want to use the emp nades cause those heavies who can totally ivi me as any other class they're just heavy because suddenly have issues when I drain their F ability.

E: Hell maybe I'll go with the other non stalker infil cloak (remember that one? The one I'm sure no one uses ever?) that gives you a damage resistance whenever you're invisible. A perfect "get the hell out of dodge" ability.

Leal fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 16, 2015

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I think a case could be made for an alternate cloak slot that just passively made you immune to IFF doritos/spotting in exchange for being able to turn invisible.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
A couple of friends and I are going to try out a 3-man LA assault squad equipped with smoke grenades and silenced SMGs w/NV scopes. Any suggestions?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Consider the carbine S with underbarrel smoke and a grenade bandolier full of frags instead.

Cabbit posted:

I think a case could be made for an alternate cloak slot that just passively made you immune to IFF doritos/spotting in exchange for being able to turn invisible.

I've been actually kind of wanting a Visible infiltrator. Alternate cloak that has absolutely no sort of stealth, but instead has as much HP as regular infantry... and is their own personal sensor dong instead. Probably on an ability toggle like all the other classes.
No cloak, just gimme that 100 extra hp and a sensor hat.

Also I really wish that pistol only cloak converted your primary magazines into secondary ones. I've been playing around with sensor shield/suppressed pistol... and some people are just unaware. So unaware I have ammo problems.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

TheParadigm posted:

Consider the carbine S with underbarrel smoke and a grenade bandolier full of frags instead.

Now you're talkin.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Leal posted:

I would gladly give up the shimmering "shoot here" texture cloak to get 100 shields back. I just want to use the emp nades cause those heavies who can totally ivi me as any other class they're just heavy because suddenly have issues when I drain their F ability.

E: Hell maybe I'll go with the other non stalker infil cloak (remember that one? The one I'm sure no one uses ever?) that gives you a damage resistance whenever you're invisible. A perfect "get the hell out of dodge" ability.

Nano-armor cloak I believe. You also don't shimmer when hit with it active!

EMP nades are just so fantastic now

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

TheParadigm posted:

I've been actually kind of wanting a Visible infiltrator. Alternate cloak that has absolutely no sort of stealth, but instead has as much HP as regular infantry... and is their own personal sensor dong instead. Probably on an ability toggle like all the other classes.
No cloak, just gimme that 100 extra hp and a sensor hat.

Also I really wish that pistol only cloak converted your primary magazines into secondary ones. I've been playing around with sensor shield/suppressed pistol... and some people are just unaware. So unaware I have ammo problems.

Call it a Predator Suite. Motion dart type sensor that is centered on you with a slow ping rate and you can't be spotted. They should also make one that lets you phase through protected shields such as at an amp station instead of cloaking. I can see nothing going wrong with this.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Dongattack posted:

How did the move over to our russian overlords work out so far? I'm thinking about reinstalling and playing NC somewhere and i haven't kept up.
Nothing dramatic in the actual game. It's still fun and as good/bad/you decide as it was.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Arghy, are you a dev yet?? This is getting ridiculous.

I already told them i'd be a creative consultant paid in SC and my membership fee waived but no bites yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Xae posted:

Nah, a good chunk of the HA spergs will rage quit the game if HA gets nerfed.

Good

• Locked thread