Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
I have a living room trash can, but that's because I have 2 roommates and 3 20-something gaming nerds sharing a central entertainment center room without a trashcan is just gonna create a giant mess on the coffee table.

However, on the plus side, that means you have 2 people willing to play co-op games with you at most times of day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Xythe posted:

However, on the plus side, that means you have 2 people willing to play co-op games with you at most times of day.

If you call that living :shrug:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I don't have two people to play video games with, but then I also don't live in filth with a trash can in every room like a animal.

I think it's a good trade-off.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

om nom nom posted:

This has been our trash can for the couch for like 3 days. My girlfriend who made it says it was out of laziness. I think it's p life hack

Davfff posted:

i dunno if putting rubbish in an empty cardboard container that's already sitting on the ground counts as 'making' something.

Angela Christine posted:

Hey dawg, I heard you like trash, so I put trash in your trash so you can trash while you trash.

Yeah that's a lifehack alright. Hack Confirmed

e: that's the kind of lifehack that deserves a youtube freeze frame rotozoom in garish halftone set to some circus music with Hack Life in comic sans slanted across it, bread tags and bling tooting about like a goddamned blizzard.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 11:23 on May 16, 2015

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Maybe his :siren:girlfriend:siren: has allergies or a sinus infection.

I just got over a sinus infection. Rolls of TP + cardboard boxes = life hacks as far as my sick rear end was concerned.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Kaethela posted:

Not around here it's not. Usually about $3 or so for a cup of coffee at a donut shop. You can get $1 coffee at gas stations, but gently caress gas station coffee.

Gas station coffee is pretty reliably not awful when it's a station on a decently well traveled road. Highway gas stations serve truckers, so it's gotta be decent if not good. Gas stations in the middle of loving nowhere are questionable at best, though.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I've left all of the spiders and their webs undisturbed in my place for about 9 years now, so I can just use the floor as my trash can and let the spiders eat any pests that would otherwise move in and cause problems.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Wawa's sucks, I don't get why everyone loves it.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

C.P.A.N. posted:

Maybe his :siren:girlfriend:siren: has allergies or a sinus infection.

I just got over a sinus infection. Rolls of TP + cardboard boxes = life hacks as far as my sick rear end was concerned.
Was gonna post something along the lines of this reply. Except I use the inevitably empty tissue box to throw the used poo poo away in. Also works if you're a guy and need a post-wank garbage receptacle, I guess. :shrug:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I've left all of the spiders and their webs undisturbed in my place for about 9 years now, so I can just use the floor as my trash can and let the spiders eat any pests that would otherwise move in and cause problems.

Where do you live that the spiders can eat rats and mice?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

thespaceinvader posted:

Where do you live that the spiders can eat rats and mice?

I'll guess it's Australia.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Desperado Bones posted:

I'll guess it's Australia.

is it true that there are few or no snake species in Australia because they were all killed off by spiders?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

change my name posted:

The pretzels and meatball subs.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Davfff posted:

i dunno if putting rubbish in an empty cardboard container that's already sitting on the ground counts as 'making' something.

I dunno tho my standards are p. high.

She did gently caress with the top a bit via cuts and folds so there was *some* doing. But I get it I'm a chef and the poo poo some people call home made and from scratch kills me some times.

And to quell the speculation, there are 2 candy wrappers and some junk mail in it, because it is also near the door. I will probably keep it until we have company. Now I just need to make the how-to YouTube and meme

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

om nom nom posted:

But I get it I'm a chef and the poo poo some people call home made and from scratch kills me some times.

Do tell! Plenty of lifehack stuff started with recipes, so it's close enough to go on the thread. Talking stuff like premade pie crusts and canned pie filling or somehow even more :effort:?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Karate Bastard posted:

Am eagerly awaiting a goon B20 lifehacked out of bread tags to work sort of like a die but exactly like a claymore mine.

e: I am so proud of myself right now.

From a few pages ago, but bred clips would work out really well as chits, like people had to use in the days of Chainmail and AD&D, when no one even knew what a d12 was.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

Do tell! Plenty of lifehack stuff started with recipes, so it's close enough to go on the thread. Talking stuff like premade pie crusts and canned pie filling or somehow even more :effort:?

Yea that's a good example, or when a bit of black pepper or cayenne or whatever in a box of Kraft is Uncle Paul's Famous Secret Awesome Mac and Cheese.

At work we have a new pastry chef, who has pretty much been simply reprouducing the desserts we already had (she changed the flavors on bread pudding but still uses the old recipe). I wasn't quite sure what to think, until we had a special dinner, which requires a special dessert.

The dinner was on 4/20, and was a fundraiser for a local radio station, and they asked for a 420 theme. Myself and 2 other sous' were pretty excited due to the fun theme and a decently large budget andwent all out making the first six courses. We had "spliffs" of mushroom duxelle and braised short rib wrapped in phyllo dough and grated a black pepper goat cheese for "ash", fried udon noodles tossed in onion powder and salt "funyons", smoked shallot buttermilk "onion rings", rissotto picked up in scallion puree with bits of crisped andouille and micro purple kohlrabi (it was green with red dots and purple stems all over), and this is already a long paragraph but the list goes on.

Dessert was huckleberry sage ice cream over an oregano and parsley brownie. After the fourth day of working on this poo poo, day of the dinner, our pastry chef walks in with a loving Ghirardelli box. It was another chef that made the ice cream, and I came up with the "herb" brownie. So all she had to do was make my idea happen. She said that the box always comes out better. I rarely touch the baking side and I have a pretty killer brownie recipe. I don't think I've ever had less respect for someone than watching that woman walk into a professional kitchen with a box of brownie mix from the store.

I dunno I rambled a bit but I think that's a p good story

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

razorrozar posted:

is it true that there are few or no snake species in Australia because they were all killed off by spiders?

No, the spiders and snakes have a cautious truce, which is why we have some of the deadliest land-serpents in the world.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

razorrozar posted:

This seems unethical.

I do the same thing with my father's ashes.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

om nom nom posted:

Yea that's a good example, or when a bit of black pepper or cayenne or whatever in a box of Kraft is Uncle Paul's Famous Secret Awesome Mac and Cheese.

At work we have a new pastry chef, who has pretty much been simply reprouducing the desserts we already had (she changed the flavors on bread pudding but still uses the old recipe). I wasn't quite sure what to think, until we had a special dinner, which requires a special dessert.

The dinner was on 4/20, and was a fundraiser for a local radio station, and they asked for a 420 theme. Myself and 2 other sous' were pretty excited due to the fun theme and a decently large budget andwent all out making the first six courses. We had "spliffs" of mushroom duxelle and braised short rib wrapped in phyllo dough and grated a black pepper goat cheese for "ash", fried udon noodles tossed in onion powder and salt "funyons", smoked shallot buttermilk "onion rings", rissotto picked up in scallion puree with bits of crisped andouille and micro purple kohlrabi (it was green with red dots and purple stems all over), and this is already a long paragraph but the list goes on.

Dessert was huckleberry sage ice cream over an oregano and parsley brownie. After the fourth day of working on this poo poo, day of the dinner, our pastry chef walks in with a loving Ghirardelli box. It was another chef that made the ice cream, and I came up with the "herb" brownie. So all she had to do was make my idea happen. She said that the box always comes out better. I rarely touch the baking side and I have a pretty killer brownie recipe. I don't think I've ever had less respect for someone than watching that woman walk into a professional kitchen with a box of brownie mix from the store.

I dunno I rambled a bit but I think that's a p good story

This sounds absolutely amazing, just so you know.

Seriously hosed up that she pulled that stunt though. She might as well have smacked you in the face.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Yeah, i like to think of myself as a pretty competent amateur when it comes to making things from actual scratch, but that list is awesome. When i first heard "radio station" i thought it would be some neat but quick meal, but drat. I guess an NPR affiliate would have listeners that would appreciate a meal like that, but I'd never expect them to run with a 420 theme unless you're in a recently legalized state

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yea it was a blast, three current or ex stoner yet very culinarily gifted chefs given a 420 theme and a "spend whatever you want within reason" budget yielded some killer results. I've never seen people having that much fun while taking something so seriously My phone was dead that night, I've been meaning to have my buddy send pictures, I'll get some up here if it happens soon enough to be relevant. As long as it doesn't piss the mods off.

Content: Life Hack:Want to call yourself a pastry chef? Just purchase a pre-mixed product, add water, and put it in the oven like an animal, you piece of poo poo. Walla!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Did your boss know about this? Because it sounds like from the effort you and the other people put into preparing things that that would be an out and out fireable offense.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

quote:

She said that the box always comes out better. I don't think I've ever had less respect for someone

How does she have any self-respect? I can't imagine being a professional pastry chef and admitting to anyone, let alone a professional chef, that a box mix is better than what I can make.

Jobhack: Want to be a pastry chef without any effort or skill? Use store bought box mixes. Walla!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

change my name posted:

Fight me irl.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Choco1980 posted:

Did your boss know about this? Because it sounds like from the effort you and the other people put into preparing things that that would be an out and out fireable offense.

HEH. Read the GWS Foodservice thread sometime. She probably got a promotion for being cost-effective. (even though it's way cheaper to make your own brownie mix in house) Kitchen management is weird.

Om nom nom: that's a pretty sweet menu dogg.

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 16:18 on May 17, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If I get fired, I highly doubt my employer will let me steal a calculator, a lamp, and sundry other items that certainly don't belong to me. (Who the gently caress brings their own office supplies to work?)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

If you've already gotten canned, why not swipe some poo poo on your way out? What're they going to do, fire you?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kaethela posted:

If you've already gotten canned, why not swipe some poo poo on your way out? What're they going to do, fire you?

Well usually when people steal stuff from my employer, they call the police. (The employer does, not the thief.)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Kaethela posted:

Fake or not, I still love Lowtax's story about Fragmaster nonchalantly stealing a chair on the way out when he got laid off. Just pushed the thing out into the parking lot, put it in his car, and drove off.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Every place I've ever heard about has someone from HR walk you to your desk when you get fired and they watch you pack your stuff up before walking you out the door.

So the lifehack is to begin stealing stuff before you get fired.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

OctoberBlues posted:

Every place I've ever heard about has someone from HR walk you to your desk when you get fired and they watch you pack your stuff up before walking you out the door.

So the lifehack is to begin stealing stuff before you get fired.

Fun fact when you get fired from a Walmart they walk you out the store but if they haven't forbid you from shopping there you're allowed to just turn around and go shopping immediately.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Len posted:

Fun fact when you get fired from a Walmart they walk you out the store but if they haven't forbid you from shopping there you're allowed to just turn around and go shopping immediately.

I'm okay with this. God knows the average walmart customer could use the exercise.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
But hey check this: can they stop you from turning around from your shopping and starting to work there? I smell a lifehack coming...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Use this one crazy lifehack to get $4/hr from Wal-Mart, CEOs love hate it!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Karate Bastard posted:

But hey check this: can they stop you from turning around from your shopping and starting to work there? I smell a lifehack coming...

In my case they can stop me from working there. I'm forbidden from ever working at a Walmart of Sams Club again.

Lifehack: Eat a banana that's getting thrown away and never get to work at Walmart again.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
At least you're toting your garbage eating habits in the right thread #LifeHack #Iceburn #Congrats

:haw:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The one time in my life someone convinced me to go dumpster diving it was at a Wal-Mart and we got pounds and pounds of perfectly good fruit and vegetables. We didn't take anything that was actually touching the dumpster and washed everything off with vinegar I think, so it wasn't too bad for garbage food. (the people I went with knew the schedule so it had only been out there for like 20 minutes) I guess that is a legitimate lifehack if you're into that kind of thing.

We also got caught and the Wal-Mart dude just kind of sighed and was like "I don't even want to know what you took, just make sure I don't see it and get out of here before anyone else sees you."

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Edit: I am having post post regrets and feel like my post was too specific

Anyhow, yes the menu was awesome, we worked really hard and had a great time doing it, life hack: cooking is awesome

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 01:22 on May 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Jerry Cotton posted:

(Who the gently caress brings their own office supplies to work?)

Run an office? Save money on supplies using this one weird trick discovered by local middle manager! Underpaid employees hate him!