Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

A Yolo Wizard posted:

every oem 8.1 machine has embedded keys now. OEM is also the only comparison that really matters because

what dumb situation would you be in where you had 100 windows laptops to manage but no volume license

public school systems and small-town governments, that's generally where you find the worst of the worst and most extraordinarily dumb poo poo in IT

ask me about harvesting OEM stickers from old machines at my last job, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to take the time to give my condolences to sparklee.com. RIP

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
LOL Microsoft licensing, even when they release something for free they gently caress it up

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

A Yolo Wizard posted:

what dumb situation would you be in where you had 100 windows laptops to manage but no volume license
*raises paw*

SO DEMANDING posted:

ask me about harvesting OEM stickers from old machines at my last job, lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

pram posted:

please stop posting before you embarrass yourself further

pram i think they mean the smc because some binaries are decrypted using that poem by the smc

people with illiteracy used to think that the SMC was some kind of TPM but its not really

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also hackintoshes are fine i've used one almost full-time for maybe ~7 years now and rarely have problems with it. when i do its usually my fault

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

pram i think they mean the smc because some binaries are decrypted using that poem by the smc

people with illiteracy used to think that the SMC was some kind of TPM but its not really

the windows janitors seem to believe it is impossible that osx doesnt have a key

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Beeftweeter posted:

also hackintoshes are fine i've used one almost full-time for maybe ~7 years now and rarely have problems with it. when i do its usually my fault

your fault for being an idiot with a hackintosh

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Wheany posted:

oh man, you slapped him way harder than he slapped you.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
why are we tearing eachother apart when we could be tearing microsoft apart?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

microsoft tears itself apart

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shown: the moment when ballmer realizes he got conned into overpaying for a loser team

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

your fault for being an idiot

its this part mostly

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Smythe posted:

the hell kind of hosed up retard spends money on an office clone in a world where real office exists. theres plenty of free options for fake office. once you get the cc out - hell - just get the real deal

real office has always been for Mac, that's the platform for which it was developed

been thinking about using Office 2001 on my G3 for some stuff just because it's such a good Office

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

pram posted:

i still have a mac email motherfucker! gently caress you!!

first minute iTools sign-ups represent!

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Stymie posted:

shown: the moment when ballmer realizes he got conned into overpaying for a loser team

He also bought the LA Clippers

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beeftweeter posted:

under what circumstances was this necessary??

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Fuschia tude posted:

He also bought the LA Clippers

:thurman:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

under what circumstances was this necessary??

windows is really bad

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beeftweeter posted:

windows is really bad
i mean why waste time finding parts that work in a hackintosh when u can just buy a mac? like why is windows a waste of time but that wasnt?

just seems like in 7 years of using a hackintosh u should have earned enough money to buy a real one then u can say goodbye to bad hardware too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i mean why waste time finding parts that work in a hackintosh when u can just buy a mac? like why is windows a waste of time but that wasnt?

just seems like in 7 years of using a hackintosh u should have earned enough money to buy a real one then u can say goodbye to bad hardware too

lol it already worked with the hardware i was using and when i wanted to upgrade the parts i wanted were compatible anyway. this was back when the mac pro was not updated for like 5 years so the computer i built was faster

again, windows is really bad and os x is not. its not a difficult concept to understand

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk what kind of brain damage you have that makes you want to use osx. is unbearably bad and slow. even going through all your effort to put it onto working hardware isn't going to fix what are software problems.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shaggar posted:

idk what kind of brain damage you have that makes you want to use osx. is unbearably bad and slow. even going through all your effort to put it onto working hardware isn't going to fix what are software problems.

try using windows 7 (the last semi-decent windows) with a hidpi display

without squinting

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

lol it already worked with the hardware i was using and when i wanted to upgrade the parts i wanted were compatible anyway. this was back when the mac pro was not updated for like 5 years so the computer i built was faster

again, windows is really bad and os x is not. its not a difficult concept to understand

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Casey Hudson, a 16-year veteran of BioWare where he oversaw projects like the Mass Effect series, is now a creative director at Microsoft Studios, according to an announcement on Xbox Wire today.

"As Creative Director at Microsoft Studios, my primary focus will be the creative direction of HoloLens Experiences," Hudson said of its position at the video game development and publication arm of Microsoft. "I am extremely passionate about the potential of this kind of technology, as anyone who’s talked with me over the last couple of years can attest. I feel that the work being done at Microsoft on mixed reality and holographic computing will have a tremendous impact on how all of us interact with technology in the coming years. It’s an honor to be able to join such an incredibly talented team, and to work on something that will fundamentally advance the role computers play in our daily lives."

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
defend your dumb idiot choices

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they should do hololens but for your car windshield

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hey buddy so you want to get paid a shitload to manage a fantasy product that doesn't actually have to succeed?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

qirex posted:

Casey Hudson, a 16-year veteran of BioWare where he oversaw projects like the Mass Effect series, is now a creative director at Microsoft Studios, according to an announcement on Xbox Wire today.

"As Creative Director at Microsoft Studios, my primary focus will be the creative direction of HoloLens Experiences," Hudson said of its position at the video game development and publication arm of Microsoft. "I am extremely passionate about the potential of this kind of technology, as anyone who’s talked with me over the last couple of years can attest. I feel that the work being done at Microsoft on mixed reality and holographic computing will have a tremendous impact on how all of us interact with technology in the coming years. It’s an honor to be able to join such an incredibly talented team, and to work on something that will fundamentally advance the role computers play in our daily lives."

lol

"as anyone who's talked with me over the last couple of years can attest" makes me think that every time you talk to this guy he babbles on about the potential of strapping a full blown pc to your back and wearing a dork helmet that tells you the weather and time (in two time zones, and also formats) before dying because the battery only lasts 2 minutes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

gargle chome posted:

defend your dumb idiot choices

yes, tell us why you use windows in 2015

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
bringing in a mass effect guy so he can bring all those holographic things in the game to the real world

pram
Jun 10, 2001

qirex posted:

hey buddy so you want to get paid a shitload to manage a fantasy product that doesn't actually have to succeed?

yes

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beeftweeter posted:

u dont need to get spicy i was genuinely curious

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Phoenixan posted:

bringing in a mass effect guy so he can bring all those holographic things in the game to the real world

the edi/cortana hololens experience [rated AO]

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
edi is already the amazon echo. hmm good idea name it edi or w/.e

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

qirex posted:

i read it as "a 16 year old veteran" and loled and then i was sad because it didnt say that

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i read it as "a 16 year old veteran" and loled and then i was sad because it didnt say that
same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

reminder that one of the main plot threads of mass effect 3 is helping seth green gently caress a robot controlled by the ship's ai

• Locked thread