Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Section Z posted:

I still think it needs more than just semi-auto and "Same damage as everything else" over the stock pump. Just making it weight less, or just making it hold more shells isn't enough.

If you made it 5 weight with 8 shells, then it would still be a Tier weapon that costs 1,100 dosh for barely a step up from the pump action. Literally every single shotgun in the game that isn't the pump action can semi-auto anyways. Then NAILGUN is a better shotgun than the Combat shotgun (more damage, less weight), unless you vastly prefer the shell feeding over clip fed method. But even then it costs practically half as much.

It needs something to make it stand out, not the bare minimum to keep it from being garbage. Boomstick is nice but it's also not 1,100 nice, so merely swapping places just fucks over the boomstick.

Make the M4 a Demolitions or Firebug weapon, with it using either dragons breath or Frag rounds. For the Support, replace with A Saiga 12, an 8 round magazine fed semiauto, so it has a pretty drat fast reload. Up the damage compared to the AA12 and it might be competitive - less ammo, but more damage, and much faster reload time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Right now the leveling tree is Actual Choice / Idiotic Choice for Dumb Babbies at every. tier. So it's good to know that that's going to change in at least some way.

Uh actually berserker is all dumb babby choices

Except for fake out

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Skoll posted:

KF 1 had them hidden in spots in the ceilings and outside the map...

How the hell were you supposed to figure that out mid-game, let alone get to them?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

Make the M4 a Demolitions or Firebug weapon, with it using either dragons breath or Frag rounds. For the Support, replace with A Saiga 12, an 8 round magazine fed semiauto, so it has a pretty drat fast reload. Up the damage compared to the AA12 and it might be competitive - less ammo, but more damage, and much faster reload time.

They aren't gonna flat out replace weapons in early access when they have already said that each perk will only have 4 to start with. M4 will get tweaked, but it is here to stay.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

quote:

Communications - Increase available options
My imagination reads this as "taunt players" and I will accept nothing less, Tripwire.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I would still buy the double barrel shotgun for $1100, it's that good for clearing trash with the penetration level up. Don't actually raise the price Trip.

Mindblast posted:

How the hell were you supposed to figure that out mid-game, let alone get to them?

Leave a clot alive then use your bullets. Grenades if it's out of sight, some guessing required.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So I guess the caulk gun is going to be something like a short range, semi-auto flamethrower? I've never actually lit caulk on fire.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Serious Frolicking posted:

So I guess the caulk gun is going to be something like a short range, semi-auto flamethrower? I've never actually lit caulk on fire.

Hmm, so instead of Tar and feathers, we're going to be Caulk and Doshing zeds?

EDIT: Make thrown dosh stick to zeds you shoot with the caulk n burn, TIA.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 30, 2015

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

They aren't gonna flat out replace weapons in early access when they have already said that each perk will only have 4 to start with. M4 will get tweaked, but it is here to stay.

It's not replacing so much as moving around, no assets are lost. Either way, you could do the same for the M4 but it'd be more awkward.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Really hope the circle strafe change is a good one, I'm expecting some retarded one shot mechanic for anyone that tries it.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I'm guessing you use it to set up walls of fire and make areas impassible for short periods of time.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Really hope the circle strafe change is a good one, I'm expecting some retarded one shot mechanic for anyone that tries it.

Probably like the Pat in KF1 and the Fleshpound in KF2 they're just going to give them some kind of swinging/flail attack to hit around them instead of turning in place.

I'll be honest, I'm completely fine with this change IF they implement it after or at the same time as introducing the other classes. Right now the classes we have can really struggle to take down 2 Fleshpounds and several Scrakes in a single wave.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

FaustianQ posted:

Swapping guns to perks this soon seems silly, but yes a Saiga or even a VEPR-12 would be great.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Is there a goon steam group I'm missing? And are the servers off line that are mentioned in the OP? I can't seem to connect with them, although it might be on my end.

Game owns though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Mindblast posted:

Like DeusExMachinima said, leave a clot ( or ideally bloat alive ) at the end and have the entire team canvas the map looking for them. They were hidden in trees, scenery, ceilings, outside the maps, etc. KF 2 seems to be WAY more lenient except in that grenades don't work on them anymore, just bullets.

Biotics Lab has this particularly evil one where a medallion is all the way up the elevator shaft and you can barely see it because of the fire.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Swapping guns to perks this soon seems silly, but yes a Saiga or even a VEPR-12 would be great.

The problem with a Saiga and M4 being available to the Support is that they occupy the same space in a sense (semiauto shotgun), and in most cases the Saiga will be doing the M4s job better. I mean maybe you could cripple the hell out of the M4, drop the weight and price point a ton and it might work with the Saiga as the better but costlier, heavier semiauto which competes with the AA12.

Say the M4 is down to 4-5 rounds, weighs 4 and it's burst output is 50% higher than the pump action - maybe make the switch speed for an M4 the highest of the shotguns so even late game it feels like a quick panic weapon. The Saiga can then have 50% increase in damage over the AA12 for it's smaller mag but much faster reload, and justify an 8 weight.

Also speaking of shotguns, and the possibly cobbled together appearance of the Firebugs weapons so far, can I suggest a replacement for the Mossy the class had with the a gun which would make Supports envious?

The Winchester Liberator

Maybe a replacement for the flare gun too depending on balance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

It's not replacing so much as moving around, no assets are lost. Either way, you could do the same for the M4 but it'd be more awkward.

It is adding a whole new shotgun solely because you like that shotgun. That is incredibly goddamn stupid.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FaustianQ posted:

The problem with a Saiga and M4 being available to the Support is that they occupy the same space in a sense (semiauto shotgun), and in most cases the Saiga will be doing the M4s job better. I mean maybe you could cripple the hell out of the M4, drop the weight and price point a ton and it might work with the Saiga as the better but costlier, heavier semiauto which competes with the AA12.

Say the M4 is down to 4-5 rounds, weighs 4 and it's burst output is 50% higher than the pump action - maybe make the switch speed for an M4 the highest of the shotguns so even late game it feels like a quick panic weapon. The Saiga can then have 50% increase in damage over the AA12 for it's smaller mag but much faster reload, and justify an 8 weight.

Also speaking of shotguns, and the possibly cobbled together appearance of the Firebugs weapons so far, can I suggest a replacement for the Mossy the class had with the a gun which would make Supports envious?

The Winchester Liberator

Maybe a replacement for the flare gun too depending on balance.

the Firebug's default gun is probably going to be either the Flare Gun or the MAC-10(assuming that goes to one of it's old KF1 guns and not the Caulk N Burn that is), while it's melee is probably going to be the Fire Ax, and it's grenade is going to be an Incendiary Grenade(although I'd much rather it be a Molotov Cocktail as those look cooler)

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

It is adding a whole new shotgun solely because you like that shotgun. That is incredibly goddamn stupid.

Adding a new weapon is a lot of effort, granted, but it was a suggestion based on what the weapon actually offered over the M4. I don't personally have to like the Saiga to actually note how it's functionally different compared to the M4 (magazine fed as opposed to tube fed), and how it's quite different from the M500, and how the similarity in feed between the M4 and M500 is a complaint. Go be mad at something real.

drrockso20 posted:

the Firebug's default gun is probably going to be either the Flare Gun or the MAC-10(assuming that goes to one of it's old KF1 guns and not the Caulk N Burn that is), while it's melee is probably going to be the Fire Ax, and it's grenade is going to be an Incendiary Grenade(although I'd much rather it be a Molotov Cocktail as those look cooler)

Isn't the Flamethrower also going to get classed for it? I'm not going to speculate beyond the two weapons for the class so far, but the Caulkthrower gives the impression they might want to move towards pure incendiary choices rather than tacked on choices ala MAC-10 - something like a shotgun or a flare gun could stay because of it's ability to throw incendiaries. They likely already have pretty much their entire list of weapons panned out by now though, I just dropped the Liberator as a suggestion while looking for shotgun variants and the quad barrel shotgun looked :krad: as hell and I immediately thought of the flare gun.

Plus, if speculation is correct, the MAC-10 might be classified as an SMG for the SWAT class.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FaustianQ posted:

I just dropped the Liberator as a suggestion while looking for shotgun variants and the quad barrel shotgun looked :krad: as hell and I immediately thought of the flare gun.
Please provide more cool looking things just for the hell of it if you come across them.

For some silly reason I hope if a lit road flare would be the firebug's weapon :downs: A fire axe while iconic is a good margin larger than all the default blades we have to work with so far, so I find myself wondering if they'd actually use that.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Given that the Firebug seems to have jury-rigged as heck weapons, giving them molotovs instead of incendiary grenades just makes sense.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Not relevant to any conversation, I want to be able to shoot the chandeliers down in Manor and have them squash zeds.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

drrockso20 posted:

It'd be super cool if we got a molotov and lit it off the pilot light of a firebug weapon :q:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Gromit posted:

Not relevant to any conversation, I want to be able to shoot the chandeliers down in Manor and have them squash zeds.

there needs to be more interactive map hazards like that in KF2, it'd be awesome

Magres posted:

Given that the Firebug seems to have jury-rigged as heck weapons, giving them molotovs instead of incendiary grenades just makes sense.

yeah it really does

FaustianQ posted:

Adding a new weapon is a lot of effort, granted, but it was a suggestion based on what the weapon actually offered over the M4. I don't personally have to like the Saiga to actually note how it's functionally different compared to the M4 (magazine fed as opposed to tube fed), and how it's quite different from the M500, and how the similarity in feed between the M4 and M500 is a complaint. Go be mad at something real.

Isn't the Flamethrower also going to get classed for it? I'm not going to speculate beyond the two weapons for the class so far, but the Caulkthrower gives the impression they might want to move towards pure incendiary choices rather than tacked on choices ala MAC-10 - something like a shotgun or a flare gun could stay because of it's ability to throw incendiaries. They likely already have pretty much their entire list of weapons panned out by now though, I just dropped the Liberator as a suggestion while looking for shotgun variants and the quad barrel shotgun looked :krad: as hell and I immediately thought of the flare gun.

Plus, if speculation is correct, the MAC-10 might be classified as an SMG for the SWAT class.

Flamethrower is probably going to be either the Firebug's equivalent to the Hunting Shotgun or to the M4, also hopefully they'll keep the Husk Gun as the highest tier Firebug gun, but make it better than it was in KF1(cause while it was pretty decent, I found the Flamethrower with a Flare Gun in reserve to be more useful overall, especially since the Flamethrower is amazingly cheap for it's trash destroying ability)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

Ha ha, oh man. This is the worst goddamn game to play if you want realistic guns. The problem with the m4 is that it is worse than the alternatives for making heads explode. Oh no, the loading mechanism is suboptimal! The m4 being poo poo has nothing to do with its real world equivalent. Likewise, any balancing tweaks will have nothing to do with its real world equivalent. If they decide to fiddle with the reload speed, all they have to do is change a number and speed up the animation and not put in a whole new gun that reloads faster.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

drrockso20 posted:

Flamethrower is probably going to be either the Firebug's equivalent to the Hunting Shotgun or to the M4,

Considering the current price point of 1,100, it is reasonably safe to say it is intended as the Tier 3 weapon over the Tier 2. Why, it even weighs 8, the same as the M4 :downs:

The m4 being poo poo has nothing to do with its real world equivalent.

Yup.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Section Z posted:

Considering the current price point of 1,100, it is reasonably safe to say it is intended as the Tier 3 weapon over the Tier 2. Why, it even weighs 8, the same as the M4 :downs:

Yup.

I'll admit I have yet to actually play KF2(laptop ain't strong enough to run it, at least going off the Systems Requirement Labs site's recommendations) so I had forgotten how expensive the Flamethrower is

also I'd say the odds are pretty good that Firebug will be one of if not the first class added once they start putting more of them in(since it already has one of it's weapons in the game, and it's definitely one of the classes that will probably need a lot EAS testing to get it properly balanced) along with Martial Artist(which also already has a weapon in the game, and they can't really fully balance the Berserker until both Melee classes are in the game to balance them out between each other)

and lastly it'd be really fun once all the classes are in the game to see how well a team with one of each class in it would do on the higher difficulties

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
They haven't revealed anything for SWAT yet but when they do I hope it's tacticlol as gently caress.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

QwertySanchez posted:

They haven't revealed anything for SWAT yet but when they do I hope it's tacticlol as gently caress.

I really hope they give it a Riot Shield as a weapon choice(make it the Tier 2 choice), also it's Tier 4 weapon should be a big F-Off machine gun or something(probably the M240/FN MAG), cause there really needs to be a proper machine gun in the game, that was always one of the biggest weak points of KF1's arsenal(closest they had was the FN FAL), that and not having a Sniper Rifle that wasn't stupidly expensive in both buying the gun itself and it's ammo

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

drrockso20 posted:

I really hope they give it a Riot Shield as a weapon choice(make it the Tier 2 choice

I would absolutely adore a riot shield. Maybe make it one of those shields with a little hole for a pistol abd make the alt fire have you bolster the shield and give incredibly high defense for a while.

Also I'm just idly browsing the comments in that KF2 update on Steam. People are surprisingly civil, but some are complaining about the music. Not that they don't like how it sounds, just that the bands are mostly Christian. Not even that the songs have Christian lyrics, which none of them seem to, just that the band members are mostly Christian. It's such a bizarre thing to bring up to the devs.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I may have to play the priest character and yell THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU as I heal people and preach between rounds as a gimmick now.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit I have yet to actually play KF2(laptop ain't strong enough to run it, at least going off the Systems Requirement Labs site's recommendations) so I had forgotten how expensive the Flamethrower is

also I'd say the odds are pretty good that Firebug will be one of if not the first class added once they start putting more of them in(since it already has one of it's weapons in the game, and it's definitely one of the classes that will probably need a lot EAS testing to get it properly balanced) along with Martial Artist(which also already has a weapon in the game, and they can't really fully balance the Berserker until both Melee classes are in the game to balance them out between each other)

and lastly it'd be really fun once all the classes are in the game to see how well a team with one of each class in it would do on the higher difficulties

There's going to be 10 classes though :v:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Azran posted:

There's going to be 10 classes though :v:

that's what I mean, do some 10 player games Highlander style

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Ha ha, oh man. This is the worst goddamn game to play if you want realistic guns. The problem with the m4 is that it is worse than the alternatives for making heads explode. Oh no, the loading mechanism is suboptimal! The m4 being poo poo has nothing to do with its real world equivalent. Likewise, any balancing tweaks will have nothing to do with its real world equivalent. If they decide to fiddle with the reload speed, all they have to do is change a number and speed up the animation and not put in a whole new gun that reloads faster.

Quote me where I was even bringing realism into this? Like you're just constructing a strawman at this point at why I brought the Saiga up at all, yet continue to persist in creating newer, dumber reasons to argue about it. Are you even reading my posts or just decided to be angry today?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

FaustianQ posted:

Quote me where I was even bringing realism into this? Like you're just constructing a strawman at this point at why I brought the Saiga up at all, yet continue to persist in creating newer, dumber reasons to argue about it. Are you even reading my posts or just decided to be angry today?

Seriously, it seems he decided to freak the gently caress out over nothing at all. Who cares about realism, even then there's a sense of verosimilitude - wouldn't it be weird for a six-chamber revolver to fire 30 bullets in full auto fire in the span of 10 seconds? Well yes, it'd be. So you just change the model to a full auto pistol instead of a six chamber revolver. Faustian is just mentioning that, if you put another auto/semi-auto shotgun in the game, and whose role is to do more damage but have a smaller magazine than the AA12, a Saiga would make sense because of how it looks and works, if you were to create such a weapon role to fill the "doesn't quite do anything" void in which the M4 dwells.

If I know gently caress all about guns (and I know really little about them because guns are boring), and I buy an AA12 and a Saiga in the game, I will immediately realize that both have magazines (and even if I don't, I'm just a Mouse 1 + R from learning it), the store will tell me which one does more damage, and the fact the Saiga has a more conventional magazine instead of big gently caress-off drum means I can give myself an idea of what's the tradeoff. There isn't anything wrong in just fixing the M4 numbers-wise, so whatever.

I mean, there are some weird opinions in this thread but this one isn't even spergy.

Azran fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 30, 2015

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
If the flare revolvers and trenchgun with dragon's breath makes it back, Firebug would be sitting pretty at launch. They were a big turnaround for Firebug in KF1 because they had actual good initial punch to kill things straight out on top of the traditional fire DoT.

I hope it's not all variants of flamethrowers because the fire effects in KF2 are way more pronounced and I could see it being annoying for teammates when there's walls of fire everywhere.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

They should have class skins:

SWAT: Chris Dorner
Sharpshooter: Lee Harvey Oswald
Demolition: Ted Kaczynski
Firebug: David Berkowitz
Medic: Josef Mengele

Whale Cancer fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 30, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Whale Cancer posted:

2edgy3me

az
Dec 2, 2005

QwertySanchez posted:

At least three of his weapons are already in the voice chatter files. :ssh:

Most classes have between 2 and 4 weapons in the voice files already, so you can bet that the launch weapons are all done or at least decided on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Whale Cancer posted:

what if the patriarch came out and it was hitler? like, not robot future hitler or anything, but just 1944 adolf hitler in his dress uniform.