Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I found a nice detail on the message boards in Novigrad. I helped the banker with the cursed house I told him it would stay cursed, so the godling could stay in it. Later on the board someone posted cursing the banker for knowingly selling him a cursed house, and that he is not to be trusted. Not a big deal, but I really liked that little detail to bring the world alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Anyone know of a journeyman weaponsmith in Velen or Novingard?

I think I crafted my unenhanced Griffin weapons in Oxenfurt because there simply wasn't another weaponsmith available.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dial M for MURDER posted:

I found a nice detail on the message boards in Novigrad. I helped the banker with the cursed house I told him it would stay cursed, so the godling could stay in it. Later on the board someone posted cursing the banker for knowingly selling him a cursed house, and that he is not to be trusted. Not a big deal, but I really liked that little detail to bring the world alive.

Later on, you return tot he house and Sarah & Corinne are BFFs hanging out braiding each others hair. :3:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

I think I crafted my unenhanced Griffin weapons in Oxenfurt because there simply wasn't another weaponsmith available.

Where is that? I got White Orchard, Novingard and Velen on my map so far... Cheers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a strange satisfaction in winning a game of Gwent with the Geralt card.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Where is that? I got White Orchard, Novingard and Velen on my map so far... Cheers.

It's part of Velen, the city in the river to the east.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Avalerion posted:

It's the town in the middle of the river to the NorthEast in Velen. The weaponsmith there is located in the south eastern part of the town, I was looking for him earlier myself.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

GrossMurpel posted:

Armorsmith at Crow's Perch, Weaponsmith in some shithole west or northwest of Crow's Perch.

The icons disappear permanently every time the smiths stop working, like every single night. I don't know if it's a bug or not but it's a pain in the rear end.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Thunderbro posted:

Armorsmith at Crow's Perch, Weaponsmith in some shithole west or northwest of Crow's Perch.

The icons disappear permanently every time the smiths stop working, like every single night. I don't know if it's a bug or not but it's a pain in the rear end.

Yeah I went to that weaponsmith first, he's amateur level, not journeyman.
Is there even more than one journeyman smith? Looks to me like each level has only one smith and the amateurs are basically useless anyway.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

PaybackJack posted:

Did you check this: http://gwentcards.com/

That seems to be pretty update.

Apparently you can lose cards as I don't have one of the 6 cost Ballista that the game says you're supposed to start with. So never lose a game, I have no idea how to get it back or where I lost it.

That link is okay, but I don't like how they format their list. I went with a google sheet because I can easily hide cards I have.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

GrossMurpel posted:

Yeah I went to that weaponsmith first, he's amateur level, not journeyman.
Is there even more than one journeyman smith? Looks to me like each level has only one smith and the amateurs are basically useless anyway.

There might be one in Novigrad too. He's a super pain in the rear end to find without an icon though.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Thunderbro posted:

There might be one in Novigrad too. He's a super pain in the rear end to find without an icon though.

Oh yeah might be.
http://www.ign.com/maps/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/velen-novigrad
There seem to be two in Novigrad, one is the master smith, never been to the one northwest of Hierarch Square.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Gwent is great! I stomp all over these shop keepers and since I'm always poor 10 extra gold here and there is actually super useful.

How do you play it? I can't get it.

Does anyone have any trainers or cheats to throw myself a few gold here and there?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Question about the quest "Redania's most wanted"

Can you give that crystal to one of the sorceresses instead of Radovid, like it says in the quest description? Hope so cause really dont' want to give the crystal to Radovid but want to find Philipa

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Greenplastic posted:

It's not that either, I always power off completely, and it still says I played 20 hours a day since release.

The problem exists on PC as well, so I'm assuming it's on all platforms. I'm not sure PS4 sleep mode has anything to do with it, and I'm guessing that people are just looking at that as a possible reason for their playtime stats being off. I own this through GOG, and GOG Galaxy's play time recording is basically broken, so I was depending on the game, but currently it says I've played 288 hours, when I've only (potentially) played 36 or so hours.

I think Steam players are the only people that can get accurate playtimes unless they're manually keeping a record.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Wandering around Velen at level 11 and I ran into a level 77 Cockatrice :aaa:

Edit: I went back over there and you guys were right, it's level "??". Whatever level he actually was, he wrecked my poo poo.

Anthony Chuzzlewit fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 30, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

There's journeyman smiths and armorers both in Oxenfurt and Novigrad. Smith in Novigrad is at the fish market and like the one in Oxenfurt only present during the day.

Han Nehi posted:

More like level ??. If Enemies have a much higher level, you don't even get to see the actual number.

Magni fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 30, 2015

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

Han Nehi posted:

Are you sure about the number 77? There are quite a few monsters with ?? as their level.

e:fb

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

theblackw0lf posted:

Can you give that crystal to one of the sorceresses instead of Radovid, like it says in the quest description? Hope so cause really dont' want to give the crystal to Radovid but want to find Philipa

As far as I know whatever you do doesn't change anything.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

theblackw0lf posted:

Yes, you can. But depending on where you are in certain quests one or both of them might not be available to you. So if you've already completed Now or Never and Triss is gone and/or you haven't done Skellige stuff yet so you can talk to Yen, you may just need to sit on it for awhile.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Archimago posted:

Yes, you can. But depending on where you are in certain quests one or both of them might not be available to you. So if you've already completed Now or Never and Triss is gone and/or you haven't done Skellige stuff yet so you can talk to Yen, you may just need to sit on it for awhile.

Got it. That's cool :)

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

PaybackJack posted:

Gwent cards can be bought from Innkeepers exclusively. Also I recommend doing some quests in Novigrad as a story quest for a certain dwarf will unlock a bunch of powerful cards for you.

Can you elaborate on the dwarf? I'm in Novigrad now!

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Mordiceius posted:

That link is okay, but I don't like how they format their list. I went with a google sheet because I can easily hide cards I have.

Yep useful sheet that, cheers.

Still some bugs or imperfections somewhere. For instance, I seem to have 4 Poor loving Infantry cards for some reason. I also don't have a second Ballista or a second Clear Weather.

(Typo: "Black Infantry Archer", first one should be 1/2. Also some card names are wrong, e.g. "Archer Support" should be "Etolian Auxiliary Archers" etc, minor things)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can you elaborate on the dwarf? I'm in Novigrad now!

It's Zoltan. He'll have a side quest for it a bit later on.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

shymog posted:

The problem exists on PC as well, so I'm assuming it's on all platforms. I'm not sure PS4 sleep mode has anything to do with it, and I'm guessing that people are just looking at that as a possible reason for their playtime stats being off. I own this through GOG, and GOG Galaxy's play time recording is basically broken, so I was depending on the game, but currently it says I've played 288 hours, when I've only (potentially) played 36 or so hours.

I think Steam players are the only people that can get accurate playtimes unless they're manually keeping a record.

Galaxy's counter seems accurate for me, the only problem is it doesn't log a session unless you quit, so all those sessions that ended in an inventory freeze for me weren't counted.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Problem with switching from a Signs to an Alchemy build: I'm really, really missing Delusion. In the last hour of gameplay it could've already saved me from having to carve up like 15 dudes and probably would've led to a smoother outcome in at least one quest. I know where my next skill point is going.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Archimago posted:

There must be some specific time to talk to Yen about it because I could never get that conversation option to trigger for those statuettes.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Junkenstein posted:

Galaxy's counter seems accurate for me, the only problem is it doesn't log a session unless you quit, so all those sessions that ended in an inventory freeze for me weren't counted.

there is a player stats screen accessible on the in game menu, it'll show the accurate time.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Archimago posted:

Wait, if you go to Radovid and don't give the crystal, but just say either she's dead or that she's trying to restore her eyesight, do you still get that option? Because that ends the quest.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

I apologize for the dumb question, but I'm truly torn.

I've been watching BBC America and I swear to you this game is in every. single. commercial break.

I loved Shadow of Mordor so much I actually finished it. Would I enjoy W3 if I a) haven't played the first two and b) loved the combat in SoM?

I want to buy this. I don't want to regret it because the world is awesome and the story is ok (I'm not so concerned about the story) but the combat isn't engaging.

I'm considering the XBox One version because my PC can't handle it and I understand there's a patch either out or due out very soon.

Advise me, please. I don't have a lot of money to spend after just buying PCars. I genuinely miss SoM.

E: It really does look gorgeous in the store. I don't mind some grinding or a learning curve, I'm more concerned about the actual gameplay (combat).

this is a few pages back but i play it on the xbone and i havent had any issues at all except it crashed one time

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

theblackw0lf posted:

Wait, if you go to Radovid and don't give the crystal, but just say either she's dead or that she's trying to restore her eyesight, do you still get that option? Because that ends the quest.

You probably have to see Triss or Yen about the crystal before reporting to Radovid.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Is it worth it going to Skellige prior to the recommended level of 12?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

theblackw0lf posted:

Yeah, I think you do. I had the dialogue option for a while. However I would be careful advancing the story because Phillipa shows up as part of it later on.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

WastedJoker posted:

If its glow is yellow,
It belongs to me, goodfellow.

lol

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hahahahaha! I just killed all the the Witch Hunters I was REALLY hoping to do that from the very first encounter.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Javes posted:

Is it worth it going to Skellige prior to the recommended level of 12?

It's full of Gwent cards!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Geralt's new theme song. This is basically how my quest ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwpkM-6SFU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

theblackw0lf posted:

I gave it to Triss, and you will meet Phillipa as part of the main storyline much later.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm trying to reach a Point of Interest in the southern part of the Velen map. Is south-southwest of a giant tree that's sitting on the top of a mountain. The three seems important because, you know, big, so I'm thinking that the POI is locked up behind Plot. Is there any way to reach it that I'm missing, or should I ignore it for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vehementi posted:

Fuckin' Sigi choice in Act 3 I agree with Dietrich 100% but it's bullshit you have to choose who dies there. It seems out of character that he wouldn't have some plan or way to convince them to go along with it. Like it's really dumb he'd bank on winning a hand to hand fight with these veteran soldiers or vs Geralt. No Axii to the rescue to calm the situation for a loving second? God damnit.

This was a real bummer for me and I agree that it felt cheap.