Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

:stare: Still haven't finished act 1 but I assumed her sign menu was going to get some new stuff eventually.

It happens after you find Whoreson Junior. I accidentally skipped the message at first because I was spamming space to dodge :v:
If you think it is kinda lame how Ciri is just dodge -> attack then you're in for an awesome experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Turk posted:

After I got the new DLC (via Galaxy) my game kept crashing before it would even pop up. I found a forum post that says to delete 5 files from \The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64

These 5:

After I Deleted them the game plays fine again. And I deleted the whole drat game and re-downloaded it just in case it was a mod or something loving it all up.

*Edit*
I don't have a GTX 970. Mine is a GTX 660 Ti.

This fixed my problems with crashing while running my GOG version of the game via Steam, so thanks.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

ShadowMar posted:

Ah drat it, I accidentally completed a grey quest and now none of my green quests are giving XP. Can't wait for that patch.

Again: Get a loan from Vivaldi, pay it back immediately and report back if this unfumbled the XP glitch.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

SkyEnzo posted:

Mssing miners patch. What a joke. Bet it in 5 minutes. Oh well can only pray there will be more epic poo poo to come.

THis fucken dlc is poo poo bullshit man, there is not enough content in this game can't believe this EXTRA dlc farce CDprojeckt is basically worse than electronic arts at this stage.

I also like to rub my faeces into my face and mouth, ask me anything.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

slev posted:

This witcher contact where I have to guide a sheep to a nest might be the worst thing in the game.

Axii.

Edit: Goddamnit. Read all posts first.

Question regarding "A deadly plot" - Dijkstras quest to help assassinate Radovid after you hunt down his treasure.

I searched and found the cobbler (Thaler), but now the questline has disappeared from my log/is listed as completed (with no optional failure marks).

That's it? Huh?

And how many trolls am I forced to kill to get a single troll mutagen for the decoction?
I mean, there are a couple that are really hard to spare, but I think I killed at least 6 trolls by know (yeah I know, I am the monster), no mutagen.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 4, 2015

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Antoine Silvere posted:

so did they change Triss's VA from the witcher 2? i swear she didn't sound this bad in the last game :confused:

also is the new patch out yet, would like to continue playing this game but worried about hitting the XP bug

Triss's VA is the same and sounded waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse in the last game.

Edit: as for the Wild Hunt it was way cooler in Witcher 1 before they retconned it to be "oh it was just space elfs all along" in 2

Sankis fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 4, 2015

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

mcbexx posted:

Axii.

Edit: Goddamnit. Read all posts first.

Question regarding "A deadly plot" - Dijkstras quest to help assassinate Radovid after you hunt down his treasure.

I searched and found the cobbler (Thaler), but now the questline has disappeared from my log/is listed as completed (with no optional failure marks).

That's it? Huh?

It continues at a later point in the main quest, provided that you stay on good terms with Djikstra.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pyromancer posted:

According to Witcher 2 the wild hunt mostly ran around as spectral projections and were invincible/came back every time if they were repelled. When in the flesh they're just swole elves in fancy armor, why don't they always use projections? :iiam:

Hubris, mostly. Geralt says in the ending to Witcher 2 that they're so cheesed off about his escape that they come down to deal with him in person.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just got through the Battle of Kaer Morhen, which was just a blast. Holy poo poo are these Wild Hunt Elves giants. This game does a good job of treating women who are strong character as actual strong characters who have agency outside of your character. I spent a lot of time getting all the different armors and so far my favorite is the Superior Feline Set. After 100 plus hours I think I'm burned out on the side quests for now. Are there any side quests that are highly recommended late game?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd recommend doing Djikstra's quests if you care about character endings since they tie into a few different people. The ending is kinda lame but it's a great quest line before then.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Uhm, Crait un Cragh, thank you for this magnificient STEEL sword to aid me agains the Wild Hunt, which require SILVER swords to fight them.

Although slapping two greater zoria runes on it for a 30% chance to freeze non-monsters is pretty sweet chill.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Why did the devs insist on putting candles atop every single lootable object? And why are these candles usable?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Narciss posted:

Why did the devs insist on putting candles atop every single lootable object? And why are these candles usable?

Hey man, maybe you want to change the mood of the room before you get started plundering.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like that you can interact with candles

I don't like that they seem to take precedence over containers

If it worked the other way around, and candles were nearly impossible to target until you looted everything, it'd be totally fine

mcbexx posted:

Uhm, Crait un Cragh, thank you for this magnificient STEEL sword to aid me agains the Wild Hunt, which require SILVER swords to fight them.

Although slapping two greater zoria runes on it for a 30% chance to freeze non-monsters is pretty sweet chill.

That sword was like 30 below mine when I got it and I never even looked to see what type it was but you're right, that's silly. It's funny how every time someone gives you their super special sword it ends up being utter crap. Except Hjalmar's sword, that was cool. Thanks, Hjalmar.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I really wanted the option of insisting even harder on him keeping the sword, because I felt like an utter heel going directly to the castle blacksmith to sell this priceless piece of family history that I'd just been given.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah I always felt bad about that. On the other hand, when that asshat weaponsmith gave me his "sword to slay gods" I felt absolutely nothing but vindication when I sold it to him right afterwards.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I kept the sword because I felt like a tool selling it.

I had like 140/160 carry capacity at all times by the end of the game.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So according to the internet, some potion recipes are random loot?

Superior Raffard's is the last missing potion recipe in my list.
Someone posted a video on Youtube, he found it in some chest in the Kaer Morhen wilderness, which seems completely bollocks. Went there anyway and did not find it in that spot.

Just to make sure, I dropped the enhanced potion from my inventory and made it again from scratch, just to make sure it's not bugged like the Moon Dust and Northern Wind bombs, but I don't have the superior recipe.

Well, that's a bummer. I don't think I'm going to scour every nook and cranny for this last recipe, even though abusing the 2 second invulnerability along with the alchemy talent that keeps the extra effects up indefinetely sounds like a lot of fun for "Skellige: Base Jumping".

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Aurain posted:

I kept the sword because I felt like a tool selling it.

I had like 140/160 carry capacity at all times by the end of the game.

Vendors keep what you sell to them, right? Like I could sell what I'm not using to the Master Armorsmith in Crows Perch and come back for it if I wanted?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
:colbert:

this isn't a glitch I just liked her expression change here (minor spoiler I guess)

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I like that you can interact with candles

I don't like that they seem to take precedence over containers

If it worked the other way around, and candles were nearly impossible to target until you looted everything, it'd be totally fine

This is being fixed in 1.05, the patch which is never coming out.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Nobody Interesting posted:

This is being fixed in 1.05, the patch which is never coming out.

They want to finish the dlcs first. We've got like 6 more "here's a different colored armor set than the ones in game" armors before we'll get the patch.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Save game import question: Does it make a difference if I use a real save or import a TW2 save? And does it matter if I imported a TW1 save into TW2? :ohdear:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Drifter posted:

They want to finish the dlcs first. We've got like 6 more "here's a different colored armor set than the ones in game" armors before we'll get the patch.

As long as they look better than Yennefer's alt skin

tho it was pretty funny when you realize that her alt skin only shows up when you're not in a cutscene. They're in engine so you'd think it'd stick.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Drifter posted:

well we did get a sweet lvl 4 armor set though

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The dlc stuff has been really unimpressive. Put those artists to work on Cyberpunk 2077.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

The random stats on weapons and armor can be very odd in this game. Why yes, this NOVIGRAD LONGSWORD is 30 damage more than the last NOVIGRAD LONGSWORD which is otherwise identical, and thus way better than your magical miraculously crafted witcher gear. Not complaining cause I like the change of back scenery, just an odd choice.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Narciss posted:

The best thing is to walk up to someone looking like you're about to start some poo poo and cleave some bitches, then instead of talking you put out the candle in front of him. :cool:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Arglebargle III posted:

Scoi'atel has some good ideas but needs to be reworked as a deck. It has just a few buffing cards, a few piling-in cards, a few healers and a whole lot of trash. All the other decks are focused on card advantage; spies, healers, and piling-in all put cards on your side or in your hand. Monsters are better at banding, North and Nilfgaard are better at spies, and Scoi'atel is left with like two sets of piling-in cards and three 0-strengh healers. It's not nearly enough.

Scoi'atel is the only deck that interacts with the zones on the board, but it doesn't go nearly far enough. If Scoi'atel cards could move existing cards from zone to zone, or they had more cards that buffed or debuffed units by zone I could see it working. Right now it's poo poo at card advantage and the little board manipulation it can do is pathetic.

There are issues with Muster decks, too. Dropping a Muster is a big one-time-only commitment, but you need to win two rounds and it's pretty easy for the decks with spies to have enough tempo control to force out a Muster bomb without committing many of their own resources (and Northern Realms is also fully capable of putting out triple-digit rounds if you pass on them without going all-out). Couple that with the fact that mustering with duplicates from the same set in your hand plays them both at the same time and gives card advantage to your opponent and it's pretty much impossible for Monsters not to end up with like half as many cards as their opponent and totally hand over control of the game.

Agreed that Scoi'atel being a bunch of strength 6 dudes with Agile isn't nearly enough to be competitive.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
So I'm doing the ursine armor set and have the armor and crossbow now, but I'm stuck at the swords. According to the game the quest is only level 20, but there's a level 30 ice elemental guarding what appears to be the chest containing them, plus a couple lower level gargoyles I'd already taken out easily enough. I tried giving it a go but it can one shot me, and it's looking like I'm just going to have to walk away from this one for a few more levels since I'm only level 21. At that point it seems like the armor will be beaten out by other tier 2 sets though, am I doing this wrong or something?

All the online guides I've seem barely make mention of the elemental, like it's just supposed to be a pushover or something; but one wrong move and I'm reloading my last save.

E; Found it, had to google for bear armor set; I was searching for Ursine. Apparently it's on a body near the elemental and I can sneak around it, the chest is for something else.

NatasDog fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 4, 2015

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I wish crafting was a bit different. It would be nice to do something like be able to select materials to make a given weapon or armor item more powerful. It would make a preferred aesthetic competitive instead of always defaulting to "Wear Witcher gear because it's the best". Not to say Witcher gear isn't cool too but variety is cooler.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Drifter posted:

The dlc stuff has been really unimpressive. Put those artists to work on Cyberpunk 2077.

I think it's just some quests that didn't make the final cut and some assets they had kicking around and didn't find a use for. No harm in making use of them.

Talking of which where's the option to disable the alt yennefer look in the options? Not a fan.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Generic Monk posted:

I think it's just some quests that didn't make the final cut and some assets they had kicking around and didn't find a use for. No harm in making use of them.

Talking of which where's the option to disable the alt yennefer look in the options? Not a fan.

Main menu has a DLC section where you can toggle it once it's installed.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Randler posted:

Save game import question: Does it make a difference if I use a real save or import a TW2 save? And does it matter if I imported a TW1 save into TW2? :ohdear:
You can simulate a witcher 2 save, after the prologue, and going by that, I doubt the choices from TW1 carry through

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Levantine posted:

I wish crafting was a bit different. It would be nice to do something like be able to select materials to make a given weapon or armor item more powerful. It would make a preferred aesthetic competitive instead of always defaulting to "Wear Witcher gear because it's the best". Not to say Witcher gear isn't cool too but variety is cooler.

I just want my krayen armor and it's little hood back.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm going with a Triss run in my first playthrough, so Yen isn't my biggest fan any more. They play it like divorced parents over Ciri it's great. Also pissing Yen off is so much fun I kept pushing her buttons to get off my case about sleeping with Triss when I had amnesia and she told me to drop it. I didn't so she teleported me about 100 feet above a lake about 2 miles away. When I came back I told her the view was great and man those eyes wanted to murder me.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I love that bum on the northwest shore of lower Novigrad who deals in deposit bottles.
He always has ~220 in stock (restocking immediately) and pays top dollar crown for monster trophies.

1000 cr for an elemental trophy that is just a boring burlap sack on my saddle and adds the same 10% dismemberment chance as the griffin throphy I have been using since day one because gently caress 5% bonus gold, experience or herbs? Here, take it.

Since bottles are 1 cr everywhere, they are the perfect exchange currency.
Buy thousands of crowns worth of empty bottles to give him cash, sell your trophies to him and dump the bottles on some other poor merchant.

This guy:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Sankis posted:

Edit: as for the Wild Hunt it was way cooler in Witcher 1 before they retconned it to be "oh it was just space elfs all along" in 2

I looted that alchemy object off of the Wild Hunt's corpse in Witcher 1, CDProjeckt said it would be "relevant" in later Witcher games!

WELL IT WASNT...WAS IT? :argh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

I'm going with a Triss run in my first playthrough, so Yen isn't my biggest fan any more. They play it like divorced parents over Ciri it's great. Also pissing Yen off is so much fun I kept pushing her buttons to get off my case about sleeping with Triss when I had amnesia and she told me to drop it. I didn't so she teleported me about 100 feet above a lake about 2 miles away. When I came back I told her the view was great and man those eyes wanted to murder me.

Hah that's great. I went with Yen because she's better (:colbert:) but it looks like you can have some fun with it if you go the other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Honest Thief posted:

You can simulate a witcher 2 save, after the prologue, and going by that, I doubt the choices from TW1 carry through

Absolutely nothing except those four choices has any impact.

No-one should get hung on stuff crossing over between the games.