Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ross Angeles posted:

St. Louis: Have a plan but no money, also the team's owner owns land in LA and is gonna build a stadium.

San Diego: Have a plan and are currently negotiating with the city on the financing. Also jointly own 168 acres in Carson, 157 of which are a toxic waste dump.

Oakland: Team has no money, City of Oakland says they won't finance anything.

I know it's probably a joke but I just wanna reiterate that the "toxic waste dump" is safe enough to develop and use normally. It only needs containment wells to extract the contaminated groundwater, which won't affect the stadium occupants' health since they presumably won't be drinking the tainted water. I actually took a look at the EPA Brownfields reports/data and the site looks good to go*. I suppose there are earthquake worries but if the stadium gets hosed up that badly, then tainted groundwater is the least of our worries. Anyway, remediation is tailored specific to every site so the containment is designed with earthquakes in mind.

*I am not a water quality expert but I have some experience through classes and some field work. Getting my degree next Saturday though so hopefully I'll be doing something cool with water resources soon.

:goonsay: /spergover

Eifert Posting posted:

I'll be sure to never rob the bank next door.

I've never seen a cop there but I've also only been there 3-5AM, generally while hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

California cops hang out at Starbucks, not doughnut places.:gay:

Jokes on you there is no money left for cops.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Jokes on you there is no money left for cops.

Finally, the crime problem is being solved.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

An NBA crew truck got robbed at the panda express on hegenberger. 40k of equipment stolen out of their truck.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_28253986/40k-equipment-stolen-nba-crew-dines-east-oakland

Also, I didn't know anyone other than Cambodians knew how to make donuts.

Also also, glazed old fashioned for life.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

old dog child posted:

The best donut place is this little 24 hour shack in Newport Beach called Seaside. :colbert:

This place is very good, but I normally get a jalapeno ham and cheese croissant.

NC-17 posted:

Could someone clarify what the hell is actually happening because it seems like every week there's a different group making another announcement to build *something* in a different place for a different team. Like what has actually been verified?

Yeah I can't keep up with how many different plans different teams are having in different sites around SoCal. poo poo is nuts.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

NC-17 posted:

Could someone clarify what the hell is actually happening because it seems like every week there's a different group making another announcement to build *something* in a different place for a different team. Like what has actually been verified?

There are three plans.

1.) Inglewood. This is the land around Hollywood Park that Stan Kroenke owns and plans to develop and build a stadium on. As of now, this is the plan that is furthest along and probably means the Rams are gone.

2.) Carson. This is the 168 acres in Carson, CA that is jointly owned by the Chargers and Raiders. Myself and many others believe that this will never happen because the NFL doesn't want two stadiums in LA. Plus the site would have to go through years of decontamination and political red tape before a shovel goes into the ground.

3.) San Diego. The CSAG (Citizens Stadium Advisory Group) has presented the mayor and Chargers the framework for a new stadium in San Diego, at the current Qualcomm site. The team and city are currently in negotiations over it.

There's no plan in Oakland.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

]

So many jokes but they're all far, far too easy. :smith:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Ross Angeles posted:

There are three plans.

1.) Inglewood. This is the land around Hollywood Park that Stan Kroenke owns and plans to develop and build a stadium on. As of now, this is the plan that is furthest along and probably means the Rams are gone.

2.) Carson. This is the 168 acres in Carson, CA that is jointly owned by the Chargers and Raiders. Myself and many others believe that this will never happen because the NFL doesn't want two stadiums in LA. Plus the site would have to go through years of decontamination and political red tape before a shovel goes into the ground.

3.) San Diego. The CSAG (Citizens Stadium Advisory Group) has presented the mayor and Chargers the framework for a new stadium in San Diego, at the current Qualcomm site. The team and city are currently in negotiations over it.

There's also the St. Louis plan.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JRizzle posted:

There's also the St. Louis plan.

Which I'm admittedly not up to speed on. The way I've heard it, St Louis has a plan but no money. And with Kroenke owning the team and the land in LA, it just seems like the Rams are gone

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's the Coliseum City plan in Oakland, but that seems to be Oakland trying to look like they're doing something.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Oakland couldn't even get a dog park approved much less a billion dollar football/baseball stadium.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oakland had a decent little plan that completely ignored the A's, I don't know why they even put it together.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Oakland had a decent little plan that completely ignored the A's, I don't know why they even put it together.
It was part of the package to get the dog park approved.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

LEGO Genetics posted:

Oakland couldn't even get a dog park approved much less a billion dollar football/baseball stadium.

They should just build a dog park / football stadium in Oakland! That way someone is actually using the land after January.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Zurreco posted:

They should just build a dog park / football stadium in Oakland! That way someone is actually using the land after January.

Yeah, that's a good idea. The field is covered in turd during fall so why not the entire year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ron Jeremy posted:

Also, I didn't know anyone other than Cambodians knew how to make donuts.

Are you me for some reason? Because where I used to live the only decent donut place was run by either Cambodians or Thais.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

old dog child posted:

Yeah, that's a good idea. The field is covered in turd during fall so why not the entire year.

rude!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm just getting my jabs in before the Carr-Cooper dynasty gets going

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

old dog child posted:

I'm just getting my jabs in before the Carr-Cooper dynasty gets going

It's not really going to be a dynasty. It's more like Sherman's March to the Sea, if after the first time he went back up and started all over again nine times just for fun

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Are you me for some reason? Because where I used to live the only decent donut place was run by either Cambodians or Thais.

Guessing by your avatar, I think it's a bay area thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ron Jeremy posted:

Guessing by your avatar, I think it's a bay area thing.

I think it's Northern California thing since I used to live out near Marysville.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

zen death robot posted:

There is money, and the city wants to wipe out a part of the downtown riverfront that's badly blighted. The stadium will most likely get built, there's just a few (seriously 3 or 4) state politicians making a big deal out of it and they'll get told to shut up soon. They've been careful to say that they are working with the NFL directly and not the Rams or Kroenke though. It'll be interesting to see how the NFL plans to make everyone happy.

Chargers in St Louis, Rams and Raiders in LA, everyone wins.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

um

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I won't be happy if there's a pro team in St. Louis. Let the "best fans in baseball" have baseball.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Mayor of San Diego just announced that a special election can be called before the end of the year if need be to vote on the stadium.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Flikken posted:

No. Rams in LA, Chargers in SD, Raiders disbanded forever

Raku posted:

It's not really going to be a dynasty. It's more like Sherman's March to the Sea, if after the first time he went back up and started all over again nine times just for fun

I fear anything that might cause the Raiders to even remotely threaten the current balance of power. I grew up around Raiders fans who would never shut the gently caress up and I do not want to go back to that hell.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Eifert Posting posted:

I won't be happy if there's a pro team in St. Louis. Let the "best fans in baseball" have baseball.

no plz

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

I really hate smug Cardinals fans, but losing your team is pretty rough, even if they're going back somewhere they used to play.

Also the idea of the St. Louis Chargers is absurd to me. No way that happens, it's way too weird. If you have to have a team in St. Louis move the Titans or Colts or something.

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Give us back the other Cardinals from Arizona, that state doesn't even have birds!

Somewhere out there, Kawalimus chortles in disagreement with this slander

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a rowdy mullet posted:

Somewhere out there, Kawalimus chortles in disagreement with this slander

Arizona Road Runners is a way better name anyway. Goes with the Coyotes too.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

old dog child posted:

No. Rams in LA, Chargers in SD, Raiders disbanded forever

I fear anything that might cause the Raiders to even remotely threaten the current balance of power. I grew up around Raiders fans who would never shut the gently caress up and I do not want to go back to that hell.

Autumn is coming.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Eifert Posting posted:

Let the Rams leave and bring an AL baseball team to StL (looking at you Tampa) and return to the old name "St Louis Browns"... added bonus for building the stadium in Ferguson.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I wondered about Kroenke keeping the Rams in St. Louis with a publically financed stadium, building the Inglewood stadium and charging the Raiders (and/or Chargers?) rent to play there. Is that plausible?

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Tank44 posted:

Let the Rams leave and bring an AL baseball team to StL (looking at you Tampa) and return to the old name "St Louis Browns"... added bonus for building the stadium in Ferguson.

i can see the Super Bowls of the future
the Ferguson Blacks versus the Missouri State Troopers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

I wondered about Kroenke keeping the Rams in St. Louis with a publically financed stadium, building the Inglewood stadium and charging the Raiders (and/or Chargers?) rent to play there. Is that plausible?

Theoretically, yeah.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Another thing that's out there is

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-can-stl-be-the-next-cleveland-in-nfl/article_ea2bb1a4-9219-5ab1-9065-ed0611c4df97.html posted:

"2. The NFL makes a Denver deal with Kroenke, who would be given first-in-line status to purchase the Denver Broncos should the franchise go up for sale in the next several years. This would undoubtedly have some appeal for Kroenke, who owns Denver-based teams in the NHL, NBA and MLS. By adding the Broncos to his properties, Kroenke would no longer be in violation of the NFL's rule prohibiting cross ownership.

The NFL would approach Kroenke with this promise: plan on staying in St. Louis and moving into the new riverfront stadium, and we'll take care of you when the Broncos become available.

But this is no longer such a simple scenario. With owner Pat Bowlen's health in serious decline, the Broncos are currently held by a family trust. Under the old NFL rules, there'd be some financial pressure for Bowlen's children to sell the franchise to avoid massive inheritance taxes. But with the new NFL ownership rules, the Bowlen's heirs have a better chance of keeping the team.

That would change only if they wanted to sell. In that case, Kroenke could purchase the team and sell the Rams to new ownership that keeps the team in St. Louis. But all of that depends on the Bowlen family.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The only real solution is to bulldoze St. Louis to the ground, and all Cardinals fans with it

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ron Jeremy posted:

Autumn is coming.

just checked and it's still winter.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Benne posted:

The only real solution is to bulldoze St. Louis to the ground, and all Cardinals fans with it

RUDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benne posted:

I agree with this Seahawks fan.

• Locked thread