Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joementum posted:

Floridians are lucky he was reading Hawthorne, rather than, say, Jonathan Swift.

I don't know, that seems to have worked out for Rick Scott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Also, lol at her crowing about how NARROWLY she lost to Babs Boxer, you know, a politician who's never got more than 57% of the vote in any election and managed to to pull 53% in one of the biggest Republican wave elections of all time (2010).

There was a time when it really did seem like Boxer could get knocked off, but Fiorina's record at HP doomed her in the end.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Carly Fiorna said a thing:

Wait is this like a worse version of that House of Cards season 3 subplot?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Joementum posted:

That's the widely reported one from Monday. Santorum is currently touring a food tray factory.

Everyone, please look very closely at this sentence. This single sentence is the embodiment of what is wrong with political mantra that is being spouted by candidates today.

Is Santorum going to ask anyone at that....food-tray-factory if the 'American Dream' they sought was working at a food tray factory?

gently caress the notion of the 'American Dream' they espouse, none of that poo poo is worth a drat. I'm pointing out what is sure to be misery finding yourself at a food tray factory when honestly I'd be first in line for a job there if at the very least they offered a salary position.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Edit wrong thread

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

There was a time when it really did seem like Boxer could get knocked off, but Fiorina's record at HP doomed her in the end.

Babs has never been a great campaigner and has never actually preformed that well in elections. It's really weird for Carly to base her legitimacy as a candidate around losing by a wide margin to someone in a wave election year.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Because why the hell not?
Sorry for the low pic quality.
(Taken in Riverside, Ca)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

Bernie gets asked about his dual citizenship with Israel, which he denies having. Time for Bernie Birthers! Bernthers.

UPDATE (4:10p.m.)

quote:

"On today's show I made a mistake. Rather than asking Senator and Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders whether he had dual U.S./Israeli citizenship, as I had read in a comment on Facebook, I stated it as fact. He corrected me, saying he did not know where the question came from. I apologized immediately," Rehm said. "I want to apologize as well to all our listeners for having made an erroneous statement. I am sorry for the mistake. However, I am glad to play a role in putting this rumor to rest."

Good reporting tactic: just ask the candidates to respond to poo poo from your Facebook comments feed. :bravo:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Everyone, please look very closely at this sentence. This single sentence is the embodiment of what is wrong with political mantra that is being spouted by candidates today.

Is Santorum going to ask anyone at that....food-tray-factory if the 'American Dream' they sought was working at a food tray factory?

gently caress the notion of the 'American Dream' they espouse, none of that poo poo is worth a drat. I'm pointing out what is sure to be misery finding yourself at a food tray factory when honestly I'd be first in line for a job there if at the very least they offered a salary position.

if you work hard enough, you could get promoted to Chief of Trays. The people on the bottom who just work the assembly line for years on end aren't applying themselves

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Joementum posted:

Good reporting tactic: just ask the candidates to respond to poo poo from your Facebook comments feed. :bravo:

It's a call-in show that uses Facebook as one of its channels of communication. Might as well have been a listener on the phone asking it.

edit: listened to that segment. Diane did a dumb thing.

Fix fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 10, 2015

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Joementum posted:

Is that a step up or down from CNN using tweets as fodder for "some people are saying..." bits?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

cbservo posted:

Because why the hell not?
Sorry for the low pic quality.
(Taken in Riverside, Ca)

I'd vote for President America.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Diane Rehm is old and a journalist. You know who else was old and a journalist and said Bad Things about Israel?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Joementum posted:

That's the widely reported one from Monday. Santorum is currently touring a food tray factory.

Are they really going to sell food trays that have had santorum touching them? That doesn't sound hygienic.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Diane Rehm is old and a journalist. You know who else was old and a journalist and said Bad Things about Israel?

David Gregory is the most handsome man in the White House Press Pool

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

John Pilger?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Helen Thomas :ssh:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

John Dough posted:

I'd vote for President America.

Evidently so would Jeb and Mitt

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Evidently so would Jeb and Mitt

No, Mitt would vote for President Amercia.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Weltlich posted:

Bernie Sanders: Less likable than Jaws; more likable than Hillary Clinton.

I think that if you look at that chart, you'll agree that Hillary is likable enough.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

mooyashi posted:

Helen Thomas :ssh:

Alright. I'll bite. How is saying "maybe Jews can stop building homes where Palestinians live and move back to their homelands where no one is actively trying to kill them anymore" a bad thing?

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Joementum posted:

Floridians are lucky he was reading Hawthorne, rather than, say, Jonathan Swift.

Replace publicly-funded fire departments with trickle-down solutions from titans of industry!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Internet Webguy posted:

Alright. I'll bite. How is saying "maybe Jews can stop building homes where Palestinians live and move back to their homelands where no one is actively trying to kill them anymore" a bad thing?

Is that a serious question?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

I don't like Diane Rehm. Everyone thinks that because she is on Public Radio she is a progressive or liberal talk show host but, I've always thought she was a stealth conservative who coddles conservative guests.

Oh, and Ben Carson wants the Federal government to go full on 1984 if he becomes President.

quote:

If he's elected president, Republican 2016 presidential Ben Carson said he might set up a "covert division" of government employees to monitor coworkers in order to make government more efficient.

In Iowa on Wednesday, according to MSNBC, Carson said he was "thinking very seriously" about creating "a covert division of people who look like the people in this room, who monitor what government people do."

Employees would work harder if they believed some of their coworkers were secretly spying on them, he added.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 10, 2015

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

radical meme posted:

I don't like Diane Rehm. Everyone thinks that because she is on Public Radio she is a progressive or liberal talk show host but, I've always thought she was a stealth conservative who coddles conservative guests.

AKA Everyone on Marketplace

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

The X-man cometh posted:

The marketplace TAL joint story on disability insurance was pretty infuriating.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Internet Webguy posted:

Hey Jews! Remember how well the diaspora thing worked out for you? No? Oh well back to europe with you!

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Self Deportation

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
The U.S. government should simply carve out a section of Arizona and New Mexico in the same flavor of barren uninhabitable desert and provide any interested Israeli U.S. citizenship, then turn it into a state. bam

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
To no one's surprise, Scott Walker's great idea for national education is to do the same thing he did to Wisconsin.

Didn't see any link to the actual interview, sorry.

Also, the I/P thread is that way guys.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Internet Webguy posted:

For one, about half of Israeli Jews are from the Middle East not Europe

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Speaking as someone who is staunchly pro-clown-car-primary, I agree with this letter.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
Joni Ernst got a Jimmy Fallon mention.. I see her doing BIG things this coming election season. I am not joking.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't know, that seems to have worked out for Rick Scott.

And now we picture Saturn Devouring His Son with Bat Boy's face.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The X-man cometh posted:

So Democracy Now is centrist, got it.

Seriously though, did you not hear Kai's interview with Rumsfeld last year?

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/economy/big-book/three-life-rules-donald-rumsfeld

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sir Tonk posted:

Seriously though, did you not hear Kai's interview with Rumsfeld last year?

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/economy/big-book/three-life-rules-donald-rumsfeld

Oh man, that's great. He loving quotes Napoleon when asked if he ever thought about apologizing.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Hubris is kind of his thing, and he's never really had to pay for it so he can keep on trucking with it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

radical meme posted:

In her favor, she has a clear and obvious loathing of Grover Norquist. Every time she says his name, you can hear the bile in her throat.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope Hillary wins. I hope she has an affair with Monica. I hope she gives a press conference admitting it and Bill is behind her giving a lip bite and thumbs up when she says she rocked her world. I hope...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

ColdPie posted:

Speaking as someone who is staunchly pro-clown-car-primary, I agree with this letter.

The guys who wrote that letter are correct, even if they got there the wrong way.

• Locked thread