Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Propaganda Machine posted:

I know the States and its stadiums is a really popular topic around here, but our two biggest stadiums, the Big House in Ann Arbor, and the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, are both approximately the size of their host cities.

Now, granted, attendance feeds off of local universities and the much-bigger cities for which they're suburbs, but the numbers stack up.

gently caress off

Daric posted:

Houston alone has 5 different stadiums they could host games in. Texas by itself could host the WC as could a lot of other states. That's probably the only issue with the U.S. hosting it. How do you decide where to have the games?

gently caress off

Daric posted:

Nah, just participating in the discussion.

corn in the fridge posted:

gently caress off human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

gently caress off

gently caress off

gently caress off

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Hello, this thread has again turned in to poo poo. I am closing it again. When I reopen it, anyone who mentions

American stadiums
College football
Baseball

Will be banned.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I've drank a bunch of liquor now, so please continue posting. Apparently there has been some actual news.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Swiss media is claiming that Blatter might reverse his decision to resign

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm shocked that Blatter's best friend who happens to live in a country with no extradition treaty with the US and is head of the CAF wants him to stay in charge of FIFA

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Well I for one am shocked that this might be a possibility.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The only way we are getting rid of Sepp is death.

The death of football.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
The heat death of the universe

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The old fat gently caress will only leave the FIFA headquarters in a coffin.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Its a funny old president.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
He will resign, host an election, but add a write in to the ballot and CAF and Asia will write him in.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Its sounding like both Russia and Qatar will lose their rights to host, Russia is only 3 years away now, anyone know a place that could turn around and get ready that quickly?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

African AIDS cum posted:

Its sounding like both Russia and Qatar will lose their rights to host, Russia is only 3 years away now, anyone know a place that could turn around and get ready that quickly?

USA

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

i'll see if en.wikipedia.org/List_of_sporting_stadia is sortable by capacity and/or lulz then report back, even though i don't have to

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
They should just cancel the next two world cups and be done with it

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sometime yesterday reports came out that FBI is now looking at Nike and what they did in their Brazil dealings.

By the time all is said and done there's going to be about four thousand fraud and corruption charges racked up in this case.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

Sometime yesterday reports came out that FBI is now looking at Nike and what they did in their Brazil dealings.

By the time all is said and done there's going to be about four thousand fraud and corruption charges racked up in this case.

Lotta shoes went under the table.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

African AIDS cum posted:

Poland & Ukraine with some hefty NATO quickie stadium building.....

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

Poland & Ukraine with some hefty NATO quickie stadium building.....
Putin invades and welcomes everyone to Russia 2018.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

African AIDS cum posted:

theres been some extremely earnest discussion about hosting it in Arizona in GBS, its a thrilling thread.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Crazy Ted posted:

i hope they are somehow charged for the death of ronaldo.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
To be honest, it doesn't really make sense for Blatter to resign and go run some lesser organization like the Qatari FA for a big paycheck. He should stay and fight at the highest level

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

TheBigAristotle posted:

To be honest, it doesn't really make sense for Blatter to resign and go run some lesser organization like the Qatari FA for a big paycheck. He should stay and fight at the highest level

lol

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

TheBigAristotle posted:

:newlol:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

North Korea has some big stadiums and also lacks an extradition treaty with the United States, perfect for FIFA.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You can do that? Declare that you're stepping down and then just going "lol just kidding :smuggo:"?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You can do that? Declare that you're stepping down and then just going "lol just kidding :smuggo:"?
It's not what he wants, it's what the world wants! (at least the parts already in his pocket)

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This would be the third maybe forth time he's done exactly that

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nice

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Would anyone be opposed to Australia hosting it? They never seem to get mentioned. Only thing is their lovely timezone

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Would anyone be opposed to Australia hosting it? They never seem to get mentioned. Only thing is their lovely timezone

We pitched for it, we could do it easily. We've got more than enough large capacity stadiums and infrastructure. It comes up sometimes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The matches would be on at like 8am European time which is the only downside to an Aussie world cup.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Someone who intends to resign, resigns. They don't say 'OK I'll resign (but not yet, I'll do it later when the dust has settled and nobody can find any evidence about all the illegal things ive done and Asia and Africa beg me to stay)'.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
during Korea/Japan matches were always during the early morning ever here in the Americas, it sucked.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

El Hefe posted:

during Korea/Japan matches were always during the early morning ever here in the Americas, it sucked.

:agreed:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

MikeJF posted:

We pitched for it, we could do it easily. We've got more than enough large capacity stadiums and infrastructure. It comes up sometimes.

The other thing that no one mentions is that because Australia is in the Asian Confederation now, if Qatar actually does wind up hosting Australia won't be able to bid for the next two world cups that follow while USA/Canada/Mexico/S. America will still be able to bid for 2026 (assuming anyone still wants to play FIFA's corruption roulette at that point).

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

El Hefe posted:

I stayed up all night watching the foot and then slept until the mid-afternoon. poo poo owned for a 16-year-old.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Do you get a red card for being killed by a death adder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Someone buy Sepp an account so we can learn trolling from the absolute master