Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Yessssss I hope you can play with randos online.

I also hope I can get a friend to play Zelda co-op with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why didn't they just make different colored Samuses

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

eShop sale: http://e3.nintendo.com/offers/

Mario Party 10 - $34.99
Super Mario 3D World - $41.99
New Super Mario Bros. U - $41.99
Captain Toad - $27.99

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - $27.99
Mario Golf World Tour - $20.99
Mario Tennis Open - $27.99
Mario 3D Land - $20.99

Dr. Luigi - $10.49
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga - $5.59
Mario Golf: Advance Tour - $4.89
Mario Tennis (GBC?) - $4.19

Hyrule Warriors - $41.99
Zelda: Wind Waker HD - $34.99
Zelda: Link Between Worlds - $27.99
Zelda: Minish Cap - $5.59
Zelda: Oracle of Ages - $4.19
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - $4.19

Yoshi's New Island - $27.99
Yoshi Touch & Go - $6.99
Yoshi's Island DS - $6.99
Yoshi - $3.49

Lego Batman 2 - $13.99
Lego Batman 3 - $20.99
Lego Hobbit - $13.99
Lego Movie - $13.99

Lego Batman 3 3DS - $13.99
Lego Ninjago Nindroids - $13.99
Lego Ninjago Shadow of Ronin - $13.99
Lego Hobbit 3DS - $13.99
Lego LOTR - $13.99
Lego Movie 3DS - $13.99

Just Dance 4 - $27.99
Just Dance 2014 - $27.99
Just Dance 2015 - $27.99
Just Dance Kids 2014 - $13.99

Wii Party U - $27.99
Animal Crossing New Leaf - $20.99
Fantasy Life - $27.99
Fire Emblem Awakening - $27.99
Kid Icarus Uprising - $24.49
Starfox 64 3D - $27.99

Do you know if there's a UK equivalent? Their website structure is chaos.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Woah I thought Nintendo games never went on sale. Is $40 good for Hyrule Warriors??

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Bass Bottles posted:

Woah I thought Nintendo games never went on sale. Is $40 good for Hyrule Warriors??

Yes, you will easily get $40 of value from HW.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Bass Bottles posted:

The usual price gives you content well worth the value and then some. A discount price is basically a steal.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Rexroom posted:

I didn't see anyone mention this, but Nintendo released a stand-alone Super Smash Bros. controller app for the 3DS, so you don't have to own the full 3DS version to use it for the Wii U version. Only for 99 cents. (If you're into the 3DS controller thing.)

Why isn't this free?

Were they that money hungry that they had to charge a buck for a application that REQUIRES someone that bought the WiiU and the game.

With any other company this would be free but this is Nintendo so what was I expecting.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Gross

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Tormented posted:

Why isn't this free?

Were they that money hungry that they had to charge a buck for a application that REQUIRES someone that bought the WiiU and the game.

With any other company this would be free but this is Nintendo so what was I expecting.

Oh no a whole dollar!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There won't be a new Pokemon game this year, right?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I said come in! posted:

There won't be a new Pokemon game this year, right?

I hope Yo-Kai Watch makes up for it if not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

I hope Yo-Kai Watch makes up for it if not.

I hope there is a new one. :ohdear: although to be fair, I bough Omega Ruby at launch and still haven't played it.

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
I'm hoping I just missed it, but there hasn't been any word of a localization for Style Savvy 3 yet, right? Sad to say, but that was the one announcement I really wanted...

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Yeah, pretty disappointed about no localization info for Style Savvy or Rhythm Heaven

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

This means little to me until we know the pricing structure involved.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

This means little to me until we know the pricing structure involved.

both of them are gonna be full-priced and nintendo will laugh as you buy both of them anyway

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

forbidden lesbian posted:

both of them are gonna be full-priced and nintendo will laugh as you buy both of them anyway

AFAIK they weren't full priced in Japan and the DLC download of the second version was further discounted once you bought the first, and I expect something similar to happen here.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGefzzWdtfc

HYPE!!!! :dance:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

I hope there is a new one. :ohdear: although to be fair, I bough Omega Ruby at launch and still haven't played it.

There will be a new one. Next February is the Pokemon 20th anniversary. They can't ignore that, but it's never been announced at E3. It's always announced in a children's magazine in Japan which leaks a day or two early thanks to eager fans.

A little part of me does wonder if things are now being put on hold for the NX though. It could have a portable element.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

AFAIK they weren't full priced in Japan and the DLC download of the second version was further discounted once you bought the first, and I expect something similar to happen here.

Yeah, pretty much - you either get one budget-priced game (though on the high end of budget prices), or also buy the discounted DLC which adds up to the normal price Nintendo usually asks for games of that calibre.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Press Kit
http://nintendo.e3press.com

Username: Nintendo
Pass: SuperMario2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that's not a very good password, nintendo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

that's not a very good password, nintendo

It's always something like that, I don't think these things are actually supposed to be private despite being Press Kits.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just watched the conference and I am really hyped that they seem to be making what is basically a sequel to 4 Swords Adventure. It is going to be great.

Also Paper Jam Bros rules, and hopefully it will follow the formula of the Mario bros RPGs where the odd numbered games are really good. It's a bit of a shame it probably won't have much of Paper Mario's gameplay but it will have its art-style and aesthetic and Paper Mario's art-style is the best art-style in all of videogames.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

If I wanted to play a Mario & Luigi game which would be the best to try?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Can't say that I'm really that excited for Paper Jam after seeing the Treehouse coverage. It really doesn't look that fun, and just seems like Dream Team 2. :barf:

Bass Bottles posted:

Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. Skip Partners in Time and Dream Team.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Just watched the conference and I am really hyped that they seem to be making what is basically a sequel to 4 Swords Adventure. It is going to be great.

Also Paper Jam Bros rules, and hopefully it will follow the formula of the Mario bros RPGs where the odd numbered games are really good. It's a bit of a shame it probably won't have much of Paper Mario's gameplay but it will have its art-style and aesthetic and Paper Mario's art-style is the best art-style in all of videogames.

I guess it's the logical conclusion of Nintendo not thinking they can juggle two Mario RPG series at the same time.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bass Bottles posted:

Superstar Saga on GBA/WiiU VC or Bowser's Inside Story for DS.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bass Bottles posted:

The first one on the GBA or Bowser's Inside Story.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Can't say that I'm really that excited for Paper Jam after seeing the Treehouse coverage. It really doesn't look that fun, and just seems like Dream Team 2. :barf:

I haven't seen the treehouse footage so I remain cautiously optimistic. And the worst thing about Dream Team was it was really loving slow, so even if it kept the same mechanics and things I would probably still enjoy it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kin posted:

Do you know if there's a UK equivalent? Their website structure is chaos.

UK has these 3DS games on sale:

Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Fire Emblem Awakening
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Starfox 64 3D
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Tennis GBC
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Chibi Robo: Let's Go, Photo!

plus these for Wii U:

Hyrule Warriors
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Fire Emblem: he Sacred Stones
Mario Power Tennis
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I haven't seen the treehouse footage so I remain cautiously optimistic. And the worst thing about Dream Team was it was really loving slow, so even if it kept the same mechanics and things I would probably still enjoy it.

The battles had about the same speed as Dream Team's. :negative:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Yeah Paper Jam looks really bland and sterile and seems to be more of a crossover with Sticker Star than with all of Paper Mario

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

oh for real? thats cool, wish pokemon would do something like that but whatever

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Pokemon doesn't do it because the versions are basically identical and you're not supposed to buy both of them

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tormented posted:

Why isn't this free?

PM me your paypal address; I will send you a dollar.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

The battles had about the same speed as Dream Team's. :negative:

Dang it. Hopefully a 3rd party member will at least make it go faster and provide more variety for things to do in battles.

majormonotone posted:

Yeah Paper Jam looks really bland and sterile and seems to be more of a crossover with Sticker Star than with all of Paper Mario

From what I saw in the trailer it looked like Paper Mario played similarly to regular Mario and Luigi. Because i've got no loving clue how they'd replicate Sticker Star's mechanic in a game not specifically made to support them.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Tormented posted:

Why isn't this free?

It's still a shitload cheaper than buying a whole new controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tormented posted:

With any other company this would be free

No.

They shouldn't charge for it but they're not setting standards here, just catching up to where everyone else is at.