Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
24/7 Global On Demand Ice Cream. The thing that makes this stand out is the 4 backers picking $340 in rewards but paying $3,735 towards the $5,000 goal. Also the website sure is something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
The answer is always yes, except actually no.

quote:

Can I request ice cream any where in the world?

-Yes! The IceCreamZilla "on demand" ice cream service will be available in every sub to major city worldwide. Just make sure you have access to wifi in order to have access to the app and all its features .

quote:

Can the ice cream be delivered 24/7 ?

-Yes, at anytime that there is an ice cream truck/vendor is online on IceCreamZilla in your city, you can instantly have your dessert even after hours; ice cream available to you world-wide 24/7.

I also like that they're going to make a global worldwide ice cream network for 5 thousand dollars, which is, I guess, the point.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Making it 24/7 already makes it illegal sorta in most of Europe due to labor laws. Amongst other stuff.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Dr. Stab posted:

The answer is always yes, except actually no.

I also like that they're going to make a global worldwide ice cream network for 5 thousand dollars, which is, I guess, the point.

"24/7 except not because someone has to be online"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Yeah I ate bad veal once, I was up all night with my head over the toilet getting unvealed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Our services are available to you 24/7 as long as we're open.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hymirvetr posted:

Making it 24/7 already makes it illegal sorta in most of Europe due to labor laws. Amongst other stuff.

Does Europe ban 24-hour businesses? Over here we have tons, like convenience stores/gas stations. They just need to keep cycling employees on and off.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

chitoryu12 posted:

Does Europe ban 24-hour businesses? Over here we have tons, like convenience stores/gas stations. They just need to keep cycling employees on and off.

By "labor laws" he means "ridiculous laws that have the same basis as NO BUSINESS ON SUNDAY" that they keep finding excuses to keep on the books. "something something labor rights" is only one of the latest. It's bs, because there are plenty of people who would prefer to work overnight rather than during the day for various reasons, and it's completely possible to schedule people in ways that don't violate their rights.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

At least in Germany 24 hour businesses are so regulated that not even gas stations are open all night barring exceptions at like the Autobahn. There is a few exceptions for the occasional McDonald's but that is pretty much it. Usually stores are open till 10-12 and open at 7am. I think the UK also operates like that,they have more 24 Hour Stores, but I'm not sure.

Post above me is right, it is BS.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Hymirvetr posted:

At least in Germany 24 hour businesses are so regulated that not even gas stations are open all night barring exceptions at like the Autobahn. There is a few exceptions for the occasional McDonald's but that is pretty much it. Usually stores are open till 10-12 and open at 7am. I think the UK also operates like that,they have more 24 Hour Stores, but I'm not sure.

Post above me is right, it is BS.

UK has tons of 24 hour supermarkets, almost all petrol stations are 24 hour. It was so hard to get used to it when I moved to the Netherlands and it was all NOPE EVERYTHING CLOSED ON SUNDAY and 24 HOUR SHOPPING NOT ON YOUR LIFE store closes between 5-6 and you're lucky if a lot of businesses are even open Saturday. Most stores are also closed till 12 on Monday. Luckily we live in Rotterdam now which actually has Sunday shopping from 12-5 since it has a tourism exception. It really does suck because a lot of singletons, young people, students, and even older folks would really appreciate jobs at more "antisocial" hours without being told "oh no that's family/religious time".

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
working nights fucks up your health something fierce though

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Oh, this so much.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

moerketid posted:

UK has tons of 24 hour supermarkets,

It's funny because moving to the UK from the US it's like "OPEN 24 HOURS" (except for the hours we aren't open on Sunday for some reason) and there's some law about big shops being open and so the big shops have tiny versions of themselves that can stay open instead but don't carry all the same stuff. I get caught out every damned Sunday when everything is closed for no good god damned reason.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

unpacked robinhood posted:

Depends on who you are really. Some people just plain don't have the same sleep cycles as others.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Crust First posted:

It's funny because moving to the UK from the US it's like "OPEN 24 HOURS" (except for the hours we aren't open on Sunday for some reason) and there's some law about big shops being open and so the big shops have tiny versions of themselves that can stay open instead but don't carry all the same stuff. I get caught out every damned Sunday when everything is closed for no good god damned reason.

In Scotland we don't get that, so I also got that surprise when I moved down to the south of England for a couple of years. I think it was close at 4pm Sunday till 5am Monday or something weird like that?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

Depends on who you are really. Some people just plain don't have the same sleep cycles as others.

I personally work best with my current work schedule: come in around 1:30 PM and work until 5:00-6:00, then take a break for lunch and come back for 7:30 PM to midnight. I naturally get up between 10:00 and noon and go to bed at anywhere from 2:00 to 4:00 AM when given the chance to sleep on my own time, so I chose a work schedule that fits it. It helps that during the "night shift" the office is closed, so it's just me, my mother, and a few young contractors my age we hired to help out. No other employees or the owners interfering with poo poo.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

chitoryu12 posted:

It's pretty safe so say that “Europe” doesn't really do anything. First you have to establish what division you're talking about — Europe, EU, EFTA, Eurozone, Schengen area, etc etc etc. Then you have to account for the 28–56 nations and ~60–120 countries or states within the area. Each will have their own rules and laws. No matter what, you will not find two things that are alike.

While a majority of them will ostensibly try to follow some EU law, it's up to each country to incorporate and effect those laws within their own legal system — the details will vary wildly… and that's before we even get into things that are only half regulated and half down to convention, culture, or tradition.

Around here, it's not illegal — it just costs a fuckton, and requires such an amount of (even more costly) security precautions that it's simply not an economically sound service to provide for the vast majority of private customer-oriented businesses.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

EightDeer posted:

I use a Model M because they're loving indestructible. There are countless examples of Model Ms that are 30 years old and still work like they were manufactured yesterday.

the model M is one of the few things future civilizations will be able to unearth after a nuclear apocalypse and probably be able to use again, like an AK-47 or a Toyota Hilux

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Tippis posted:

It's pretty safe so say that “Europe” doesn't really do anything. First you have to establish what division you're talking about — Europe, EU, EFTA, Eurozone, Schengen area, etc etc etc. Then you have to account for the 28–56 nations and ~60–120 countries or states within the area. Each will have their own rules and laws. No matter what, you will not find two things that are alike.

While a majority of them will ostensibly try to follow some EU law, it's up to each country to incorporate and effect those laws within their own legal system — the details will vary wildly… and that's before we even get into things that are only half regulated and half down to convention, culture, or tradition.

Around here, it's not illegal — it just costs a fuckton, and requires such an amount of (even more costly) security precautions that it's simply not an economically sound service to provide for the vast majority of private customer-oriented businesses.

This. Germany alone has 16 federal states and every single one can decide what rules it wants to have as long as it doesn't violate European laws.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
someone should really get all of europe under a single system of government. maybe germany, those guys are pretty efficient.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Germstore posted:

someone should really get all of europe under a single system of government. maybe germany, those guys are pretty efficient.

That didn't work so well the last time. You guys wouldn't have it I heard?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

David Copperfield posted:

the model M is one of the few things future civilizations will be able to unearth after a nuclear apocalypse and probably be able to use again, like an AK-47 or a Toyota Hilux

also the game boy and those nokia phones

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dunno-Lars posted:

That didn't work so well the last time. You guys wouldn't have it I heard?

ugh

*McBain saying That's The Joke*

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Nintendo Kid posted:

By "labor laws" he means "ridiculous laws that have the same basis as NO BUSINESS ON SUNDAY" that they keep finding excuses to keep on the books. "something something labor rights" is only one of the latest. It's bs, because there are plenty of people who would prefer to work overnight rather than during the day for various reasons, and it's completely possible to schedule people in ways that don't violate their rights.

You'll always find lobbyists from the exception to the rule too. In Western Australia Sunday Trading was often an issue, and of course the people that always came out to bat for keeping the law were the Hotelier's association, which would lose their monopoly on selling alcohol if the liquor stores were allowed to open. Always framed as labour rights but like they give a drat about that.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Maluco Marinero posted:

You'll always find lobbyists from the exception to the rule too. In Western Australia Sunday Trading was often an issue, and of course the people that always came out to bat for keeping the law were the Hotelier's association, which would lose their monopoly on selling alcohol if the liquor stores were allowed to open. Always framed as labour rights but like they give a drat about that.

When my friend who moved to Perth first told me about the times stores are allowed to be open I thought she was making some sort of horrible joke about Australia. But it was all real.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Are you the kind of person that portions hot sauce by the milliliter? Do you hate ergonomically designed forks and spoons? Then the Utensilmate! is right up your alley.

"Ladies, would you like to meet verified wealthy men in your area?"

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

lmao this manages to insult both men and women with one product

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

When my friend who moved to Perth first told me about the times stores are allowed to be open I thought she was making some sort of horrible joke about Australia. But it was all real.

It's mostly fixed now, thank god.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

McDragon posted:

also the game boy and those nokia phones
Depends on who gets their hands on them first..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5seBNQb0M4&t=60s

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

This would be a brilliant "Please Mug Me" app.

SvenRichter
Apr 5, 2015

Look at my face.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58151391/true-random-artificial-intelligence?ref=category

Has anyone posted this gem, yet? So much Nobel potential I seriously start to wonder why they aren't funded by a University yet...

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Zybourne Clock posted:

Are you the kind of person that portions hot sauce by the milliliter? Do you hate ergonomically designed forks and spoons? Then the Utensilmate! is right up your alley.

"Ladies, would you like to meet verified wealthy men in your area?"

"The greatest thing to happen to women since double a batteries"

...Is... is this suggesting that vibrating dicks are the greatest thing to happen to women?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Paul Zuvella posted:

"The greatest thing to happen to women since double a batteries"

...Is... is this suggesting that vibrating dicks are the greatest thing to happen to women?

Pretty sexist; they're the greatest thing to happen to men, too! :heysexy:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

AA? More like Cs or Ds.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lmbo if you don't plug in your vibrator to a wall outlet

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My anacoda don't want none unless it's 3-phase, hon.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

two-stroke gas/oil engine at least

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Hollowed out gourd full of angry bees.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

SaltLick posted:

Lmbo if you don't plug in your vibrator to a wall outlet

Sex with the power grid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spazzle posted:

Sex with the power grid

Well who wouldn't want orgasms powered by dead dinosaurs and controlled nuclear reactions?