Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Malek posted:

So my team lead from work and a few friends are talking about Summoners War and I'm curious if I should take the plunge or what?

Note, on a limited data plan.

Summoners War refused to work for me, at all, when I wasn't on wifi. So there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Summoners War refused to work for me, at all, when I wasn't on wifi. So there's that.

There goes that idea. Thanks for the responses.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Works just fine on cellular. There was a weird issue with Com2Us and T-mobile close to when it came out but that's fixed now (is why I quit then primarily). There's a thread for the game: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707948

It's data usage is pretty drat low, like under 100MB for a months usage for me (half WiFi half not).

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I play a LOT of Summoners War over my cellular connection and for this month I'm only at 156MB used for it.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Is there anything like Super Stardust? I've got an itch to play it lately.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Suran37 posted:

I was going to suggest a game called Meteor Blitz but it looks like its not on the store anymore, so your best bet is probably Beat Hazard Ultra. Also a pretty good port of Geometry Wars 3 came out yesterday.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Suran37 posted:

Geometry Wars 3 just came out. This iteration is a lot more like SSHD than the previous titles.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well today's Crossy Road update sure is a thing...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Google Opinion Rewards got an update today. That update is:

Now Available In Brazil And Mexico.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

DemonMage posted:

Works just fine on cellular. There was a weird issue with Com2Us and T-mobile close to when it came out but that's fixed now

This would explain things! Too bad I've burned out on grindy gacha games, there was some interesting stuff in Summoners War.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Google Opinion Rewards got an update today. That update is:

Now Available In Brazil And Mexico.

Funny thing is I've been using it in Mexico for months.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Cryohazard posted:

Gems of War is really a rather good game.

1) There's no energy system. Gold is energy, energy is gold, and before long you earn gold faster than you can play. It's a non-factor.

5) Being in a guild gives you tons of free poo poo- invest your gold in guild quests to get rewards like treasure maps and keys. If everyone is pitching in, you end up with returns that make your investment seem trivial.

1) Is there a make-gold-fast mechanism other than "be in a guild that gets poo poo done?" I'm not doing badly so far (day 2, four kingdoms open, cleared some challenges, ran Treasure Hunt a few times and did okay, daily bonuses) but I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious. PvP is understandably risky, and quest-complete bonuses aren't going up appreciably.

5) The guild system seems... odd, as I couldn't find a way to search for the usual goon codewords and it just threw a random set of 10 at me at a time.

(Just left my first guild, which had like 11 people in it and I was already one of the higher level players. Found another one with 22/30 and They Appear To Get poo poo Done.)

EDIT: Tried it on my phone (Galaxy Nexus) and it crashes after the tutorial on name entry.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 27, 2015

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I keep playing arena which is kind of fun but way too easy if you pick strong troops. In the spirit of service I made a goon guild. It's called 'Gem boys', and my invite code is 'Truck'

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

MPLS to NOLA posted:

I keep playing arena which is kind of fun but way too easy if you pick strong troops. In the spirit of service I made a goon guild. It's called 'Gem boys', and my invite code is 'Truck'

I refreshed about 8 times until I found it. They didn't ask for your code... I'm going to gem like mad before bed, YOU'LL SEE! YOU'LL ALL SEE! In as Uggo.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Gem boys are currently in the 4400-block of best guilds in the game, with a bullet. I don't know what my invite code 'Truck' does either

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Is it competitive, organized, or friendly? I figure if I only search for the type it is it will eliminate about 2/3s of the wrong guilds. :v:

Or just invite me. I'm STRONGBAD 1

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Well, I don't remember and I don't see a way to find out. Also I need your invite code not character name (in the hero tab) STRONGBAD 1 isn't getting me anything.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Can someone shoot me an invite, code is GAVIN

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Well, I don't remember and I don't see a way to find out. Also I need your invite code not character name (in the hero tab) STRONGBAD 1 isn't getting me anything.

Oh apparently there is an underscore. I only noticed it when taking a screenshot.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Can I get an invite too please, RADIATIONCOW

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Welcome aboard. Just kidding, it says you don't exist.

Phineas Rhyne
Dec 24, 2009
Invite would be awesome. My code is PHINEAS

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
My code is HAZARD_1 but don't invite me until like 3 hours from this post

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Welcome aboard. Just kidding, it says you don't exist.

Odd.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Per 1337kutkufan6969 you might be able to find Gem boys if you search a half dozen times. You can be a Tiger Lord

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Haven't found it, did anyone figure out what to eliminate?

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
My invite code is BUFFALO if you don't mind inviting me in.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I finally found the guild, just took forever to cycle through.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I got lucky, I just filtered out "Organized" (or whatever the middle option was, I just clicked that) and bam, there it was.

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
If you're able to invite me my names LORDY. I've been trying to search for the guild for like 30 min now and it crashes every 20 tries so I'd really appriciate an invite and not to have to do this again.

Videm
Sep 6, 2010
I'd like an invite too if possible, I've been looking for like 15min with no luck. Invite Code is VIDEM.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
You'll have to race BUFFALO. After that we're full up until we start cranking 1000s of gold into Tasks, and thanks for your interest.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I managed to find it and joined as NILL but it looks like I got kicked out, woops.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
If you get a spot I'd like to join up too, or if it's going to be a while we could make a backup guild. Invite code is LOCKE_7.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I want to join. Invite is VIOLENT_2

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Me too, invite code = RAPNERSA.

Edit: My girlfriend would like in too, her code is SNOWNYM.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 29, 2015

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'm down, ZAPHOD_1

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

precision posted:

Well today's Crossy Road update sure is a thing...

I love it. It's so fun. It's too bad that half the time I launch the game now it freezes.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I want to emulate android on my computer so I can play more dumb games. What program works the best for that? I tried bluestacks over a year ago and it was pretty trash but I don't know if it's better now or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Please invite me to the gem game guild, game id is STRINGER