Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pick posted:

Why the gently caress would I do that? In that case I might as well play on my much larger tv screen using a console.

$10 console $1 PC

that's a tough decision there chief.

I like how using a controller on PC is crazy witchery to some people, or better yet those who think it's "unkosher" to ever attempt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mortimer posted:

$10 console $1 PC

$something PC, $0 console because I borrowed it from one of my friends :psyduck:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pick posted:

$something PC, $0 console because I borrowed it from one of my friends :psyduck:

let me hook up my original xbox to play it this is convenient yessir

:getout:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Pick posted:

Why the gently caress would I do that? In that case I might as well play on my much larger tv screen using a console.

just so you know, you're about to get dogpiled by about a thousand angry people

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

do you wipe your cut/uncut dick back-to-front or front-to-back, or does that depend on whether the toilet paper is hung over or under while women in video games?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TetsuoTW posted:

do you wipe your cut/uncut dick back-to-front or front-to-back, or does that depend on whether the toilet paper is hung over or under while women in video games?

I have a mnemonic rule based on the right pronunciation of the word meme. Works like a charm.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Groovelord Neato posted:

huh? the game has pretty good gameplay until the meat circus.
The open-ended abilities were cool but the actual platforming is terrible, the difficulty curve is all over the place and before the patches it was fairly buggy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pick posted:

Why wouldn't you? Buying a controller is much cheaper than buying a game console.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

lets all discuss the details of how we got our electronic devices, and how we might choose to use them.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Let's have some more stupid poo poo:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/862339253/fahrenheit-2451-preserve-your-data-for-eternity/description

Sweet, I'd love to have something I can't edit, can't read without expensive and bulky hardware, or is even convenient at all. I guess it'd be OK for a time capsule.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/837229404/hidnseekthe-revolutionary-gps-tracking-device/description

These guys day that their GPS key dongle thing doesn't have the drawbacks of other GPS things that are limited by whatever wireless system they use. They also super-duper promise that the wireless system they use will go global. OK.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/517227712/homtime-c1pro-your-all-in-one-bedside-gadget/description

Hey look, all the things your phone already does in a bulkier package. Now you can carry more poo poo. I guess you can pretend to be a time DJ with the rotating button though.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The C1 seems to have a bunch of useless features, but a USB charger, clock, speaker all in one isn't a terrible idea.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

PathAsc posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/517227712/homtime-c1pro-your-all-in-one-bedside-gadget/description

Hey look, all the things your phone already does in a bulkier package. Now you can carry more poo poo. I guess you can pretend to be a time DJ with the rotating button though.
It's just a smarter alarm clock, not sure where you got the idea you're supposed to carry it around like a phone.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SupSuper posted:

It's just a smarter alarm clock, not sure where you got the idea you're supposed to carry it around like a phone.

I don't know, I guess it just seems like a travel clock to me? Maybe it's just personal preference that a phone should have those functions and be loud enough you don't need an external speaker. I'm probably missing the point of it since I expect whatever phone I buy to replace multiple other devices. Obviously a charger isn't one of those, but you get my point.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

PathAsc posted:

I don't know, I guess it just seems like a travel clock to me? Maybe it's just personal preference that a phone should have those functions and be loud enough you don't need an external speaker. I'm probably missing the point of it since I expect whatever phone I buy to replace multiple other devices. Obviously a charger isn't one of those, but you get my point.

It's a modern clock radio dude. Though to be honest there already exist those sorts of things, even with USB ports and bluetooth speakers.

Mortimer posted:

$10 console $1 PC

that's a tough decision there chief.

I like how using a controller on PC is crazy witchery to some people, or better yet those who think it's "unkosher" to ever attempt it

I'm pretty sure PC Psychonauts didn't cost $1 back in 2005. Nor for that matter did Xbox Psychonauts cost $10.

Nintendo Kid has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Jun 28, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Does every tech kickstarter get funded no matter how stupid or unneeded it is?

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
According to his biography, this guy invented flavored cat water after a night of drinking. He probably was also drunk as gently caress when he wrote the kickstarter because he mentions several times how much he'd like to be rich and make 100k a year.

These people want to have their own food truck. Except instead of food they'll sell gourmet dog treats.

Send us five pounds and we'll mail you an envelope with the ingredients to make a cheese sandwich. The video features the world's worst fake Bostonian accent. Or at least, that's what I think he was going for.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Zybourne Clock posted:

These people want to have their own food truck. Except instead of food they'll sell gourmet dog treats.
We have a dog food truck in Stockholm. They also have an office/store at one of the fancier addresses in the city. I don't know who's financing them, but I give it a month or two tops before they're gone.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Whatever happened to the ouya and the people who got suckered into buying one.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Zybourne Clock posted:

According to his biography, this guy invented flavored cat water after a night of drinking. He probably was also drunk as gently caress when he wrote the kickstarter because he mentions several times how much he'd like to be rich and make 100k a year.

That one is great. "I'm a 26 years old army veteran and I want to be rich because I deserve it (I went to Iraq). Help get a patent for water".

Also he's talking about dog-flavored water and I really wonder what he means by this.

e:

Zybourne Clock posted:

Send us five pounds and we'll mail you an envelope with the ingredients to make a cheese sandwich. The video features the world's worst fake Bostonian accent. Or at least, that's what I think he was going for.

That one too even if there is more effort. "We want to mail you French Brie cheese".

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 18:29 on Jun 28, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I almost thought that grilled cheese company was a kickstarter but I think it was just a stupid start up. I forget what the gently caress it's called.

ninja: here we go http://valleywag.gawker.com/is-the-grilled-cheese-startup-silicon-valleys-most-elab-1612937740

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

flosofl posted:

Why wouldn't you? Buying a controller is much cheaper than buying a game console.

i own console

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Not only people can't handle buying razors or stupid nerd bullshit monthly, they apparently find it hard to buy the simplest food ingredients.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groovelord Neato posted:

I almost thought that grilled cheese company was a kickstarter but I think it was just a stupid start up. I forget what the gently caress it's called.

ninja: here we go http://valleywag.gawker.com/is-the-grilled-cheese-startup-silicon-valleys-most-elab-1612937740

Ugh, had I known about this I wouldn't have tried them once. They're at least as far East as central Ohio. Mediocre sandwich, terrible 'tortilla' soup that was really weirdly oily.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

(not awful)

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Ka0 posted:

Whatever happened to the ouya and the people who got suckered into buying one.

OUYA was bought by Razer fairly recently and some of the original backers still haven't gotten theirs but at this point I doubt they care.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Morglon posted:

OUYA was bought by Razer fairly recently and some of the original backers still haven't gotten theirs but at this point I doubt they care.

Is Razer about to go bankrupt? I see no reason why they would buy that dead trademark.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

steinrokkan posted:

Is Razer about to go bankrupt? I see no reason why they would buy that dead trademark.

Probably just buying up the list of total suckers who've bought more than one Ouya game ever for sale to other scam companies

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

PathAsc posted:

This is going to sound racist, cause I noticed the whole team behind this is asian, but this seriously looks like one of those scam Kickstarters where they act like they "invented" something but in reality they just bought a bunch of inventory from a shady Chinese factory. I mean, it even LOOKS like a cheap knockoff, its so ugly.

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's a modern clock radio dude. Though to be honest there already exist those sorts of things, even with USB ports and bluetooth speakers.

Yup. My alarm clock has all these things and looks a hell of a lot nicer too.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Snuffman posted:

This is going to sound racist,

wait did you just do this unironically?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Parrotine posted:

Isn't literally every Double Fine game a massive failure in sales? Even Brutal Legend, which looked like it was gonna be their strongest title.

And then according to Tim Shaefer's fans he never does anything wrong ever ever ever, even though, hey, it was actually a pretty loving stupid idea to advertise a swank heavy metal action game and give us a watered down RTS with no warning whatsoever. You can't blame EA for loving that one up this time Timmy!

This also applies to Star Citizen and that intergalactic train wreck (in space).

Groovelord Neato posted:

It does kind of rule how kickstarter has proven more than once that publishers are sometimes good since they rein in projects going off the rails.

They also confirm that lots of good small scale games are completely ignored because they won't move millions of copies (or cost hundreds of jobs when they flop but lol a publisher ever giving two fucks about some studio's employees). Brian Fargo made it pretty clear that nobody would give him the time of day for making Wasteland 2 how they wanted to do it and without Kickstarter that game wasn't going to happen unless they got an angel investor.

Thankfully Kickstarter exists and I've gotten Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, and eventually Bard'sTale IV to play that I never would otherwise.

DoctorTristan posted:

My favourite video game kickstarter was Peter Molyneux promising a bunch of poo poo then not delivering and people being surprised at this for some reason.

Molyneux is the worst case of a successful Ideas Guy. Considering the poo poo he's done post-Bullfrog I really have to wonder how much credit he should have for games like Syndicate or if they were good despite him. God knows Powermonger was a goddamn clusterfuck of a game.

I still don't get the insanity over Fable. People treated it as this amazing earth-shatteringly good RPG which was true if you never played any RPGs on the PC up to that point I guess.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I dont want to blow your mind but any race can buy chinese mass-produced knock offs and sell them on kickstarter

that's what kickstarter is for

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

NESguerilla posted:

I haven't checked this this thread in like 100 pages, but has the bluetooth dumbphone that hooks up up to your Iphone been linked? I can't find it but it's the stupidest idea I've ever seen in my life.

Post it

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Madcosby posted:

I dont want to blow your mind but any race can buy chinese mass-produced knock offs and sell them on kickstarter

that's what kickstarter is for

That's not what was said. It was *because* the team was asian he was more inclined to think they just bulk purchased them. He was not saying "only asians do the bulk purchase look-what-I-invented scam."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

They also confirm that lots of good small scale games are completely ignored because they won't move millions of copies (or cost hundreds of jobs when they flop but lol a publisher ever giving two fucks about some studio's employees). Brian Fargo made it pretty clear that nobody would give him the time of day for making Wasteland 2 how they wanted to do it and without Kickstarter that game wasn't going to happen unless they got an angel investor.

Thankfully Kickstarter exists and I've gotten Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, and eventually Bard'sTale IV to play that I never would otherwise.

On the flip side, Wasteland 2 could've used a lot of streamlining and/or "modernizing" and was something I had in mind when I made the post.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I still don't get the insanity over Fable. People treated it as this amazing earth-shatteringly good RPG which was true if you never played any RPGs on the PC up to that point I guess.

The Halo Effect.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

flosofl posted:

That's not what was said. It was *because* the team was asian he was more inclined to think they just bulk purchased them. He was not saying "only asians do the bulk purchase look-what-I-invented scam."

so he based his opinion solely off the color of their skin

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Madcosby posted:

so he based his opinion solely off the color of their skin

Correct. Which is why he said "This is going to sound racist". It sounds racist because it is racist. Which I'm guessing is where you were going.

He should have said "This is racist"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

On the flip side, Wasteland 2 could've used a lot of streamlining and/or "modernizing" and was something I had in mind when I made the post.

The Director's Cut is coming out this summer and it's likely to have a lot of polishing of gameplay and graphics.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

flosofl posted:

That's not how I read it at all. As far as I can tell it's "they're bulk purchasing from china, and just in case you're wondering I'm not saying that because they're asian". So pretty much the opposite of how you're interpreting it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dylan16807 posted:

That's not how I read it at all. As far as I can tell it's "they're bulk purchasing from china, and just in case you're wondering I'm not saying that because they're asian". So pretty much the opposite of how you're interpreting it.

Handy internet tip: always assume the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

This also applies to Star Citizen and that intergalactic train wreck (in space).

The best thing about Star Citizen is that Elite: Dangerous is complete and released.