Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Mondian posted:

Is <1 year enough time to wash away the J4G shame nowadays?

Let's see his post history is 95% posts in games trying to get in various goon things and a 5% making GBS threads on goons. Seems legit.

In other news:

So I think at this point we have The People's Armada of Starfleet Dental, The People's Armada of Nerds of Prey. They are sister armadas and are collectively refered to as the The People's Armada. Does that sound good to everyone?

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Actually, that brings up a good question. Are armadas going to be faction-locked or can you have klank fleets be the rightful slaves of their Federation masters? I might have missed comments either way, but it seems like a good convenient excuse to get around the faction restrictions without having to actually put in any effort to change the game mechanics behind them.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Asimo posted:

Actually, that brings up a good question. Are armadas going to be faction-locked or can you have klank fleets be the rightful slaves of their Federation masters? I might have missed comments either way, but it seems like a good convenient excuse to get around the faction restrictions without having to actually put in any effort to change the game mechanics behind them.

Faction locked at launch, cross-faction might get patched in latter. Either way both fleets are done so they should both be alpha fleets.

Edit: I claimed The Peoples Armada channel name in case we want to use it.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

Either way both fleets are done so they should both be alpha fleets.

You are so adorable, pretending Dental won't be SUW's beta fleet.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Lagomorphic posted:

I claimed The Peoples Armada channel name in case we want to use it.

Shouldn't it have an apostrophe? Or does Craptic's channel system not support it? Wouldn't surprise me actually, once joined a channel called Trade in STO, but the only way to leave it was to install Champion's Online and leave it through that. I wasn't installing that piece of shite so I didn't bother. I can't even mute the channel either, which sucks, just had to ignore everyone in it. I suppose if they were dumb enough to play CO though, they aren't going to contribute much to a decent conversation though, so no real loss.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

BombermanX posted:

Congratulations! You're pre-approved for joining the Academy! Contact railrokh in-game for joining the academy.

For what it's worth, I'd much rather just be invited into TheNextGooneration.

Lagomorphic posted:

Let's see his post history is 95% posts in games trying to get in various goon things and a 5% making GBS threads on goons. Seems legit.

That is completely and utterly false.

It's actually 94% shitposts to 6% making GBS threads. In all seriousness though, I do a lot more reading than I do posting. I hang around AI and games mostly though, yeah.

e: woops doublepost. I must face the Wrath of Wesley.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Mondian posted:

You are so adorable, pretending Dental won't be SUW's beta fleet.

Here was my official statement:

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12587483/#Comment_12587483 posted:

Hello, Starfleet Dental and Nerds of Prey are very excited by the possibilities offered by this new system. We are discussing internally the best approach to take, but rest assured both fleets will be actively involved with this new system.

As for Shutup Wesley, I would not presume to know what they are planning. I will say that the bond between Shutup Wesley and Starfleet Dental is eternal and transcends simple game mechanics.

Sorry but it just doesn't make sense mechanically for Dental to be a beta fleet, you'll always be the Spacerich Overlords in our hearts though.

DarkMalfunction posted:

Shouldn't it have an apostrophe? Or does Craptic's channel system not support it? Wouldn't surprise me actually, once joined a channel called Trade in STO, but the only way to leave it was to install Champion's Online and leave it through that. I wasn't installing that piece of shite so I didn't bother. I can't even mute the channel either, which sucks, just had to ignore everyone in it. I suppose if they were dumb enough to play CO though, they aren't going to contribute much to a decent conversation though, so no real loss.

Cryptic hates apostraphes, also :frogout:

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Truly, the Word of Butts has spread far and wide:

The same artist even has a mug featuring the greatest captain Starfleet has ever seen.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

I need that Janeway cup. My addiction to coffee these days might even rival her own.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
God drat it Cryptic

http://iqfleet.org/private/leaks

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

"...you and Captain Nog must..." Already not looking forward to this. If the voice acting is anywhere near as atrocious as Michael Dorn's during Sphere of Effluence...

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 4, 2015

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Logo for the combined Armada:

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

hello please ban pulse

@aphelionmarauder was right

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Show up in STO for 10 minutes. Immediately troll the gently caress out of @captaingarystark.

I thought I was claiming he was erping, but closer inspection on the log reveals:

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

Sorry but it just doesn't make sense mechanically for Dental to be a beta fleet, you'll always be the Spacerich Overlords in our hearts though.

That decision will be made above your pay grade.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Lagomorphic posted:

Logo for the combined Armada:

Emergency Power to Party, in banner form!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The relationship between Shutup Welsey and Starfleet Dental has always had Dental be the beta, this just formalizes it really.

It might shock a number of pubbies who read this thread to realise there are 3 all holdings completed years ago goon fleets and many side ones people run as special projects. Truly goons are Everywhere.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DancingShade posted:

The relationship between Shutup Welsey and Starfleet Dental has always had Dental be the beta, this just formalizes it really.

It might shock a number of pubbies who read this thread to realise there are 3 all holdings completed years ago goon fleets and many side ones people run as special projects. Truly goons are Everywhere.

Honestly, the best reason to have Dental as an alpha is that it would allow the Academy to act as a beta. This means we could theoretically stuff entire fleets in the Academy as vassals. Such as Xtern1ty.

Meanwhile Wesley is relatively unknown. Nobody knows the name outside of a small circle, or really cares. Inactivity sort of sent it all in to obscurity, even with the big giveaway, because pubbies have a goldfish memory and do not actually care who is giving out something, only that something is being given out.

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 4, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Do we really want the pubbies finding out about THE PATRIOTS?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

We could just have Wesley as alpha, with Dental and the Academy as betas if we want to go that route. Might even make it easier to sell pubbies on the academy if it has the same armada ranking as Dental.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lagomorphic posted:

In other news:

So I think at this point we have The People's Armada of Starfleet Dental, The People's Armada of Nerds of Prey. They are sister armadas and are collectively refered to as the The People's Armada. Does that sound good to everyone?

That picture, simplicity itself, genius.

And I like the naming convention

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Lagomorphic posted:

We could just have Wesley as alpha, with Dental and the Academy as betas if we want to go that route. Might even make it easier to sell pubbies on the academy if it has the same armada ranking as Dental.

Having the Academy below Dental would allow us to spark the occasional comedy cadet revolution in it just to kick it for laughs however. All in all it's bound to be a complicated mess working out how this should be set up, but if Wesley is at the top we'd probably need/want people who give a poo poo about the game enough to be actually online regularly.

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 4, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone who actually willingly wants to be online and active in STO doesn't deserve to have a leadership role in STO.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Dental has leadership?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
Saying it more because it looks like there will be some sort of system similar to fleet projects tied to this armada mess. Wesley isn't exactly big and someone will need to set those up.

Response to Mondian: I mean regular project type things like the fleet holdings have. Not the actual building of anything. That being a non-issue is a given.

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 4, 2015

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yep, because our limited membership was a real hindrance when it came to completing the existing fleet content before everyone else.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Goat Pillager posted:

Saying it more because it looks like there will be some sort of system similar to fleet projects tied to this armada mess. Wesley isn't exactly big and someone will need to set those up.

I don't doubt there are a handful of regulars that will have no problem setting the things up. Build it and they will come.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
The Armada system won't actually change anything about how the individual fleets schedule projects for the day-to-day. However, I can already see that day somewhere in the future where all 13 fleets are sitting there with projects that nobody wants to put the last 4 doffs into so they sit there forever.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

The Armada system won't actually change anything about how the individual fleets schedule projects for the day-to-day. However, I can already see that day somewhere in the future where all 13 fleets are sitting there with projects that nobody wants to put the last 4 doffs into so they sit there forever.

You forgot the forgetting to ever buy the arbitrary amount of crap Mk photon torpedo launchers from a vendor, partially because nobody wants to have to count clicking 37 times.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I decided to reinstall since the anti-Dental vitriol seems to be going up, but now the launcher says "can't log in from this IP address." Thanks for saving me from making a bad decision, PWE!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Slayer posted:

I decided to reinstall since the anti-Dental vitriol seems to be going up, but now the launcher says "can't log in from this IP address." Thanks for saving me from making a bad decision, PWE!

If you've been away for long enough you'll want to install PWE's Arc client first.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Moon Slayer posted:

This got me a very dirty look from the old guy sitting next to me on the Taipei subway, so it must be good.

That's why. PWE has a lot of region blocks. Find a VPN if you wanna play.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Mondian posted:

That's why. PWE has a lot of region blocks. Find a VPN if you wanna play.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured, but I could play just a few months ago with no problem, just not access the website.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

DarkMalfunction posted:

"...you and Captain Nog must..." Already not looking forward to this. If the voice acting is anywhere near as atrocious as Michael Dorn's during Sphere of Effluence...

Nog's VO was good in the last mission. With Delta rising the VO has been hit or miss, some of the cast sound good, some don't. Sometimes the secondary character VO sounds better then the main cast.

I think Tom Paris' VO sounded good. Except for one line.

Have you not played any mission with VO since Sphere of Influence?

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 4, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Those not banned from the forums should flag Starwordsc posts in that thread, considering he single-handedly started the dental flame derail and broke at least three forum rules in doing so. Considering Trendy is more likely to dish out bans for straight up flaming, I would absolutely love to see this pubbie banned in the same manner as Tekhd.

In his last post he unapologetically admits to flaming dental because we "deserve it," and I have to think that Trendy won't tolerate that for a minute.

Edit:
And he just blatantly called someone "numbnuts." Tekhd was banned for less.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 4, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Uh so what's the best way to improve the quality of a warp core? I'm trying to get the Iconian core up to UR for AMP but I've applied a few engineering kits with research boosts and it's only sitting on like 3% upgrade chance.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

SKY COQ posted:

Uh so what's the best way to improve the quality of a warp core? I'm trying to get the Iconian core up to UR for AMP but I've applied a few engineering kits with research boosts and it's only sitting on like 3% upgrade chance.

You pretty much have to just set a bunch of eng kits and dil on fire. Boosts don't do much at that mk either so save those for mk ii's.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, honestly if you're starting with a MkXII+ item the only efficient way to do things is to just shovel Superior kits into them by the truckload. :geno: Experimental kits cost more dilithium for the same % improvement chance, and upgrade accelerators are too expensive for barely noticeable effect. As a special bonus, since it's a reputation item, you're looking at a 50% surcharge on tech points! Yes, this means you'll probably spend 200+k dilithium getting it to UR. This is also why nobody gives a gently caress about the upgrade system except space rich with nothing better to do.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Step aside and sit down~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

faxmachine posted:

That's Fake Dental. Ignore them. Post your @handle and someone will get you in.

Anyway, I remembered the Soviet style Klingon propaganda from a few years ago, maybe it can be useful?

That video was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6zDg0dKygE

• Locked thread