Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

MREBoy posted:

Why in the name of All the Gods of Coding does this forum software allow you to read poo poo like this ? Found this about 1 page into Recent Activity:

Edit: I just noticed its sort of a Lepers Colony because you can see who gets banned - the avatar change to the red BANNED one shows up in there.

That "banned" avatar is interesting, as I originally thought that those who were causing problems on the forums were simply shadowbanned. Nbreeki, for example, can still post on the forums, but absolutely no one else can read my posts. The fact that there is an actual forums ban, with a designated avatar and everything has me wondering why the two separate types of "bans" exist at all. Why not just straight-up ban someone?

Also: Starwordsc has decided to jump in the Cassandra thread in other to keep his righteous battle against all Dentals alive. I'll go ahead and flag this post as well.

quote:

Looks like the shoe's on the other foot, Dentals:

repetitiveepic wrote: »
I don't think anyone is responding to you because you're not supposed to quote TOS violations or engage with disruptive posts, you're supposed to report and ignore them.

This from one of your trollfleet leaders. So, why aren't you doing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MREBoy posted:

Why in the name of All the Gods of Coding does this forum software allow you to read poo poo like this ? Found this about 1 page into Recent Activity:

Edit: I just noticed its sort of a Lepers Colony because you can see who gets banned - the avatar change to the red BANNED one shows up in there.

This one?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DonDoodles posted:

Also: Starwordsc has decided to jump in the Cassandra thread in other to keep his righteous battle against all Dentals alive. I'll go ahead and flag this post as well.

He's continuing his meltdown in it.

At this point it's pretty obvious that he's losing his mind over a Star Trek game, and would be pretty funny if it wasn't just plain sad.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

SKY COQ posted:

What are those beams?

Cardassian

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Can I get a wiki access reset on Innerguard, please? Tried resetting password and it blurted out an error that wasn't 'wrong username'

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Goat Pillager posted:

He's continuing his meltdown in it.

At this point it's pretty obvious that he's losing his mind over a Star Trek game, and would be pretty funny if it wasn't just plain sad.

Yeah he's losing it. He is really pissed that fake Bajoran and Klingon deaths don't bother us. Trendy seems to moan and whine a lot on twitter these days, and this thread prompted her to take to twitter again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/617712536528424965

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DonDoodles posted:

Yeah he's losing it. He is really pissed that fake Bajoran and Klingon deaths don't bother us. Trendy seems to moan and whine a lot on twitter these days, and this thread prompted her to take to twitter again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/617712536528424965

[Tell] Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: dont work on me stupid

[Tell] To Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: Obviously it did.

[Tell] Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: ur stupid

[Tell] To Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: Please describe the nature of your buttfeelings.

[Tell] Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: you must be a former dental rat

[Tell] To Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: Still quite an active one in fact.

[Tell] To Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: It is good that you recognize your betters.

[Tell] Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: ahh thats to bad thought you guys died awhile back

[Tell] To Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: Nope. Only your peasant rabble.

[Tell] Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: but dont worry death will soon come back to you

[Tell] To Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: Survival of the fittest. We are still here. Your lot scattered like leaves in the wind. It must hurt.

[Tell] To Phoenix@Triangulum_Phoenix: Knowing you never can, and never will, be good enough.

One of our favorite people is back and still hate's the D.

Also that twitter post is hilarious.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Looks like Operation No You Shut Up Dad is a go.

AotC
May 16, 2010

Technical Analysis posted:

You filthy commie mutant traitor....

Have you been taking your happy happy pills technical?

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Oh wesley mumble hijinks.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Disloyalty and deceit makes Dear Leader shed a tear for us all.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Stop making me want to reinstall this dumb game with this top-shelf material that's way better than anything associated with STO.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

Holy poo poo. :swoon:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Aleth posted:

So many good sig images coming out of the last few pages, I'm torn.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

:perfect:

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
For the crimes of mildly annoying myself and Yoderfunk, as well as failure to follow instructions or pay attention properly, followed by whining that my dead simple instructions on what foundry to do needed more instructions on how to do it, I assigned one of our Academy cadets to write a 375 word report on how to properly pour piss from a boot with instructions printed on the heel.

He completed his task and it's time we pass judgement over his performance while he is off doing the Starfleet Dental Aptitude Test.

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 5, 2015

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Reinstalled this terrible-wonderful game, in TNG as Iymarra Arabani@everittdaniel. Posting for proof of not-pubbie ahead of a Dental invite, please. Will poke in the channel.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Not MLA formatted, no thesis, obvious padding bordering going off on a tangent, improper grammar and several spelling mistakes. 3/10 would not even trust this pubbie to fetch reverse-polarized blinker fluid. Recommending he write another essay on the ethics and methods of brony rehabilitation after spending time among them in the field.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

FrostyJones posted:

Not MLA formatted, no thesis, obvious padding bordering going off on a tangent, improper grammar and several spelling mistakes. 3/10 would not even trust this pubbie to fetch reverse-polarized blinker fluid. Recommending he write another essay on the ethics and methods of brony rehabilitation after spending time among them in the field.

Pretty sure it's plagiarized in places, too.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
https://twitter.com/Salami_Inferno/status/617836589104787456

Love how hes just playing along when I'm sure he knows we know.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Technical Analysis posted:

Oh hey, I'm up there. Well I guess it's now or never:

I plan to make [redacted] a [redacted], one that will have [redacted] enjoy our efforts. No longer will we be [redacted]. A new, stronger [redacted], better in every way while still following [redacted].

[redacted] I tormented years ago will still hate us/me. gently caress them.

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 6, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Innerguard posted:

Can I get a wiki access reset on Innerguard, please? Tried resetting password and it blurted out an error that wasn't 'wrong username'

Try now, if that still doesn't work I'll delete your account so you can remake it.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Goat Pillager posted:

He completed his task and it's time we pass judgement over his performance while he is off doing the Starfleet Dental Aptitude Test.

He started strong, but a third of the way through he starts with a passive aggressive vibe. I just don't think he's takes it seriously enough.

Also, drat you guys. I bailed about three weeks after Delta became a thing, and I hate you all for tempting me to re-install it.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Frankenstyle posted:

He started strong, but a third of the way through he starts with a passive aggressive vibe. I just don't think he's takes it seriously enough.

Also, drat you guys. I bailed about three weeks after Delta became a thing, and I hate you all for tempting me to re-install it.

quote:

[7/5 5:54] [TheAcademy] Butts: This is how it was set in the Beginning, before the teachings of Me, before the wars I had fought and the wars I had won.
[7/5 5:54] [TheAcademy] Butts: Patience is key.
[7/5 5:54] [TheAcademy] Janice: seriously? i remove my rank pips? can i atleast knock them down to ensign?
[7/5 5:54] [TheAcademy] [redacted]: you must earn the title of ensign
[7/5 5:54] [TheAcademy] Janice: >_> ok
[7/5 5:55] [TheAcademy] [redacted]: You are a cadet
[7/5 5:55] [TheAcademy] Butts: Janice, before I was reborn as the Man I am now, I had to remove all of my ranks.

I'm tempting you so much right now.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Korgan posted:

Try now, if that still doesn't work I'll delete your account so you can remake it.

Still getting the same error - 'error sending reset mail, contact admin'

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Innerguard posted:

Still getting the same error - 'error sending reset mail, contact admin'

Oh yeah, that'd be because reset doesn't work due to lack of mail server. :v:

I've deleted your account, let me know the new(?) name and I'll get it authed.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Korgan posted:

Oh yeah, that'd be because reset doesn't work due to lack of mail server. :v:

I've deleted your account, let me know the new(?) name and I'll get it authed.

Done, account is Innerguard. Thanks.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Janice is apparently a disgraceful coward. Claimed in NoP PS he could pvp in a malon ship.

@ankokuneko challenged him in a mirrorship (to give him a chance).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChGKkN3Cds0

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Lagomorphic posted:

Let's see his post history is 95% posts in games trying to get in various goon things and a 5% making GBS threads on goons. Seems legit.

In other news:

So I think at this point we have The People's Armada of Starfleet Dental, The People's Armada of Nerds of Prey. They are sister armadas and are collectively refered to as the The People's Armada. Does that sound good to everyone?

IMO replace the 'person' glyphs with klingon glyph in-line. And make it yellow to match.

Edit: Sorry about that, I guess I didn't realize how busy it'd been over the weekend.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

IMO replace the 'person' glyphs with klingon glyph in-line. And make it yellow to match.

Edit: Sorry about that, I guess I didn't realize how busy it'd been over the weekend.

That's actually a really cool idea.

But almost no one can read chinese so I don't know if it would have much impact. People would see "Klingon chinese chinese Chinese"

I think that leaving it as is, with the truly genius use of color for the Klingon emblem, is best.

And it preserves 人民舰队 as a nice conventional 4 character Chinese thing across both sides.

I really don't think nearly anyone would recognize the Klingon symbol as 人, vs lots of people seeing a Chinese thing and being reminded of communism and Tiananmen Square.

All the same its a legit cool idea, but maybe not enough sto players are Chinese-literate to get the joke. I don't know. Maybe on a separate piece?

Anyway I think it's a cool idea

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 6, 2015

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Hmm. Maybe the phrase could fade in on top of the klingon emblem with Person centered in front of it, as part of an animated gif.

If I remember, I'll do it when I get home from work today.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think after we get 人民舰队 propaganda posted around enough that pubbies at least get familiar with seeing it, that a Klingon民舰队 riff would be cool, but people seeing it for the first time will just see it as Klingon-three character Chinese thing.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Update on the Xtern1ty situation. Apparently Xean's been hard at work donating the bare minimum needed to get ahead of me on his embassy's leaderboard. I was so happy to learn that I inspired him to contribute to his own fleet. Hopefully this really gets the ball rolling for Xtern1ty:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I wish I still had the time to gently caress with some of the broken people in this game on more than just the odd occasion.

You're doing good work.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I tried playing the game and am just not enough of a nerd to enjoy it, but I'll never get tired of these logs of pubbie rage.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Anoia posted:

I tried playing the game and am just not enough of a nerd to enjoy it, but I'll never get tired of these logs of pubbie rage.

I'll do you justice and submit my pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/u/Book_of_Butts

Some recent stuff, but most of it is very old. At most, 2 years old. I think you'll have fun reading through it all. I personally recommend "quotes". It might be on the first or second page. I plan to have more chat logs this month.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
So what's the best way to level for a scrub starfleet dental at this point ?

e: I think the irc channel is still going somehow as well

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Innerguard posted:

Done, account is Innerguard. Thanks.

And you're in.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tighclops posted:

So what's the best way to level for a scrub starfleet dental at this point ?

e: I think the irc channel is still going somehow as well
Up until 50 just go ahead and do story missions, you'll level fairly quickly that way. After 50, give up any hope of leveling before you die of old age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

My loving province is trying to kill me. A shitpile of forest fires (184) are burning and by a quirk of weather, the smoke from many of them have drifted over Vancouver Island and taken up residence for the last two days.

NASA was kind enough to take a picture from orbit:

And a few pics I took:

And a vid of my smoke drive down the island today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDn6lGFlOpQ

And just for giggles, British Columbia's official response to forest fires in the early 50's:

• Locked thread