Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Critics are really gonna have a field day with that title, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The newest trailer (which is all I've really seen of this movie) had a number of striking visuals, and this poster manages to use none of them.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
ROoney doing a literal cat-walk strut there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nice job having a white person playing Tiger Lily, WB.

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

I can't wait to see her in the new version's take on Disney's song 'What Makes The Red Man Red'.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Starring Garrett Hedlund as Ye Olde Han Solo

edit: and Levi Miller as British War Orphan #4

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 9, 2015

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fayez Butts posted:

Is there a new rule about pirate movies that the pirates have to be really gay now?

Wow, its almost like pirates don't have a history of dressing flamboyantly.

Also do yourself a favor and never watch the NBC version of Peter Pan, like you may say that Blackbeard comes across as "really gay" on that Pan poster but trust me the pirates in the NBC version are pretty much the gayest thing I've ever seen on network TV on this side of Hannibal.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Every character in every genre of fiction should be really gay, imo.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I was cautiously optimistic about maybe something in Pan being redeemable and then the trailer came on and "the prophecy tells" and fuuuuuckkk me why? Why another goddamn prophecy?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's no way that crossbow is gonna fold in at that angle

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The Pan poster is really weird, since my eyes tend to settle on either Hedlund or Mara. Hedlund is framed by the rigging and Hook's sword provides a leading line to him, while Mara has leading lines from that one rope line and the fact that the entire formation points towards her. It's just weird to compose a poster that causes the viewer to ignore the ostensible hero and villain.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The LSD Peter Pan movie was awesome as gently caress :350::catdrugs:

Why are we getting another Peter Pan movie? This one is going to be so bad, omg.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Loki_XLII posted:

Everyone should be really gay, imo.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Cross-Section posted:

Starring Garrett Hedlund as Ye Olde Han Solo

That's true, it is a white guy in a vest. Right?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So he was Captain Hook before he got his hand bit off and replaced by a hook? What a coincidence!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well it's not like what you replace your hand with can't be a conscious choice.

"gently caress, I lost my hand, and my name is Hook. Guess I'll just put on a hook!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Man, those are beautiful. The trailer for that movie is just terrible, though. Not necessarily the content, just whoever cut it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Firstborn posted:

That's true, it is a white guy in a vest. Right?

A white guy in a black vest. :eng101:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Firstborn posted:

Man, those are beautiful. The trailer for that movie is just terrible, though. Not necessarily the content, just whoever cut it.

Lmao we lost to that trailer cut. It does suck imo.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fayez Butts posted:

Is there a new rule about pirate movies that the pirates have to be really gay now?

Yeah, it's the Stardust rule.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
So I was a little reticent about sharing, since I bought it at a stupid after-market price (a pinch over double in the end), but I finally got around to having this framed and drat if I don't love it.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
What a lovely day poster.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

So I was in town today and I saw a Magic Mike poster on a bus shelter and thought it was a little off.

It was this poster expect, I poo poo you not, they had white t-shirts photoshopped onto them.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mister Chief posted:

So I was in town today and I saw a Magic Mike poster on a bus shelter and thought it was a little off.

It was this poster expect, I poo poo you not, they had white t-shirts photoshopped onto them.

Your town being where, Saudi Arabia? How very odd.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This is New Zealand. I should have taken a picture.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lizard Combatant posted:

So I was a little reticent about sharing, since I bought it at a stupid after-market price (a pinch over double in the end), but I finally got around to having this framed and drat if I don't love it.

I'm not sure if their is a stupidly high price for that, its a god drat masterpiece.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

This looks like the cover to an unreleased [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rork]Rork[/rork] album.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Fayez Butts posted:

A Memo went around in 2003.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

It looks excellent.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Would look better pressed right up against your ceiling imo

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

LesterGroans posted:

Would look better pressed right up against your ceiling imo

lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't especially like Fury Road but drat if that isn't a nice poster.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

CoolCat posted:

A Memo went around in 2003.

I think you mean 1953.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Vegetable posted:

I don't especially like Fury Road

I kind of want to kill you with a boomerang.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Dutch angles are the scourge of cosplay photos.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vegetable posted:

I don't especially like Fury Road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Firstborn posted:

I kind of want to kill you with a boomerang.

Harsh