Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Deakul posted:

Are there any other word games that are similar to it? I'm not too crazy about crossword puzzles but I dig stuff like scrabble.

Like Xtanstic said, Spelltower. It's generally harder, and there aren't any cartoon characters, but I've had it on my phone/s for years. It was in a Humble Bundle a while ago, but it's worth the money anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Any open spots available in Gem Boys? I think my previous invite was missed. Invite code is TESTICULUS.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
Anybody actually play EvoCreo yet? I'm wondering if it's worthy of my $.99

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, I Have Built A Boat. Is there much to the New Game+? Does the lady with the garden do anything?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Cruseydr posted:

There's a free demo version also available if you want to give it a shot: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ilmfinity.evocreoFree.main.android

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 13, 2015

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cruseydr posted:

I played for at least 10 min already and it was good enough for that.
Considering a $1 bag of chips takes me less than that to finish its worth every penny I paid even if I uninstalled now.
Especially considering$.99 is like 4 surveys.

E: phone grammar.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 14, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Lordy posted:

I'm playing Dragon Blaze as Lordy1 if anyone wants to add me while I'm trying to farm money for a guild.

Invite sent, I'm Tantris

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

tater_salad posted:

Especially conaidering $.99 is like 4 surveys.

Unless you only get the 10-cent ones :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Tagichatn posted:

Does Dragon Blaze ever get more interactive? I played a few dungeons and it seems like the only thing you can do is click your starting ability every 10 seconds or so. The collect/enhance/evolve aspect seems like the same old stuff and I'd prefer a game to actually have some interesting gameplay on top of that.

Not really? i leave auto battle on most of the time unless i need to time a sheep in pvp or something.

Like I said, it's an Auto Battle Gatcha game.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

YggiDee posted:

Well, I Have Built A Boat. Is there much to the New Game+? Does the lady with the garden do anything?

Yep, talking to her on your 2nd and third run through the game adds a cosmetic change to your boat.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
On Alphabear, is there any way to go back and view the snapshots once you've clicked past them?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Nyaa posted:

Choice of Robot is Amazon free app of the day! Get one of the best cyoa game now! :f5:

I've downloaded the amazon app.. registered an account and did all that other poo poo and I cannot figure out how to just download the loving game

Getting old sucks

E; nm, guess it is not compatible with an table (samsung galaxy)

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 14, 2015

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

precision posted:

gently caress, I'm on Chapter 3. Is there a way to know when you've gotten all bears from a zone?

I wouldn't mind starting over, I guess. It's not like I've paid for Infinite Honey yet. (I was just about to :v: )

According to this you can't go back, but apparently if you get to the end of the game you get some sort of chance to pick up bears you missed. Seems like a pretty clunky system, honestly. Outside of the basic scrabble gameplay, the only metagame they've got is bear collection. You'd think they'd want to make it obvious which bears are in which chapters and try to encourage a pokemon catch 'em all desire so players want to buy honey/coins to try to pick up missing bears.

Their whole monetization scheme is a little shoddy anyway. Two different IAP tokens, and neither is very well explained. I didn't really know what they were for until the first time I ran out. At least they tend to give you lots of optional commercials to watch ignore so you can pick up extra honey.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Dr.Caligari posted:

E; nm, guess it is not compatible with an table (samsung galaxy)
One of the review said the Samsung tab 4 tablet works, so your galaxy might works too. I would suggest registering an amazon account, grab the game on the website for now, and we can figure it out later.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Oh wait, I have one, my link to SA. :v:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

BobTheJanitor posted:

Oh wait, I have one, my link to SA. :v:

Lol this is funny.. this is what the game has going for it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Swearbears is a lot of fun. I hope they update with more phrases. I like variety in my juvenile amusements.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Why yes, I think they do actually.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
There's a free spot in your notification bar.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

tater_salad posted:

I played for at least 10 min already and it was good enough for that.
Considering a $1 bag of chips takes me less than that to finish its worth every penny I paid even if I uninstalled now.
Especially considering$.99 is like 4 surveys.

E: phone grammar.

it is basically a pokemon game for a dollar. like they took a pokemon game and did find and replace on some words then changed the graphics. the general idea behind almost all of the mechanics is 1:1 with pokemon from the hour or so i have played.

if you want a cheap pokemon game then it is probably worth picking up. the animations on the sprites during battles are surprisingly good, i guess.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Playing Dragon Blaze. Added Lordy1 as my referral.

Feel free to add ArteaSA

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
As someone still building teams up in Gems of War, is there something better than running the arena for collecting cards? Should I be invading more?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

m.hache posted:

Playing Dragon Blaze. Added Lordy1 as my referral.

Feel free to add ArteaSA

Edit: I was trying to add you as Tantris but I can't find you.. shoot me a request if you can.

Is it worth it to grab all the random friend requests that come through?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 14, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

New Leaf posted:

Edit: I was trying to add you as Tantris but I can't find you.. shoot me a request if you can.

Is it worth it to grab all the random friend requests that come through?

Yes, the friend points add up and you can use them to help in dungeons. Can always remove them later as they quit or become low level.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BobTheJanitor posted:

Outside of the basic scrabble gameplay, the only metagame they've got is bear collection. You'd think they'd want to make it obvious which bears are in which chapters and try to encourage a pokemon catch 'em all desire so players want to buy honey/coins to try to pick up missing bears.

There is a way to tell, I think, it's just never pointed out to you.

If you view the collection, they're arranged in order of zone. And it's usually obvious which zone contains which kind of bears (scary zone contains Devil and Mummy, for example).

I started over and got the two I missed in zone 1 (Panda and Skinny). I'm glad I figured it out before I had like a level 100 bear or something.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

AlexJade posted:

As someone still building teams up in Gems of War, is there something better than running the arena for collecting cards? Should I be invading more?

1) don't buy keys ever
2) join a guild
3) give money to guild
4) receive prizes

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

victorious posted:

Like Xtanstic said, Spelltower. It's generally harder, and there aren't any cartoon characters, but I've had it on my phone/s for years. It was in a Humble Bundle a while ago, but it's worth the money anyway.

Alright cool, will give it a shot, thanks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Blaze has some of the most annoying advertising I've ever seen, but I don't generally play this type of game. Repeated suggestions to buy $50-$100 bundles of digital nonsense is really starting to irritate me. I'm not above paying $5+ on a game I genuinely enjoy, but if you ever see me spend $100, chop my loving hands off.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

New Leaf posted:

Dragon Blaze has some of the most annoying advertising I've ever seen, but I don't generally play this type of game. Repeated suggestions to buy $50-$100 bundles of digital nonsense is really starting to irritate me. I'm not above paying $5+ on a game I genuinely enjoy, but if you ever see me spend $100, chop my loving hands off.

Pretty much par for the course for gacha games. Log in, close the limited time offer to buy 1000 magic gems for the special price of 99.99, then play game. It's idiotic, but they wouldn't do it if it didn't hook in some stupid whales.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Choice of Robot is Amazon free app of the day! Get one of the best cyoa game now! :f5:

Thank you, I haven't had any time to play it yet, but I have heard good things about it.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Gems of War is getting annoying about this. I bought the $5 starter pack with google survey bux. Now every time (practically) I go back to the map the game stutters to load an ad for a $50 pack of crap.

I like the game well enough, but it's buggy on Android and crashes, leading to lost matches and automatic draft picks in arena. Why would I invest real money into it when there is a very real chance of me losing that value.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I think they've reduced the gold payout for arena in GoW, I only got 1500 gold for 8-0 today. Getting 2000 and the keys and the 400 souls and the trophies was probably a little too good anyway.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what it might have been before, but I think it's been $1500 for at least a couple weeks.

Also, yeah, arena is the place to be for getting new keys. The story mode stuff is pretty pointless. You usually net out with less gold than you start and the rewards ain't great. Now that I have a decent team, invading has become pretty lucrative. You get a few hundred gold each battle and you gain rank which helps the guild and earns you glory everyday. Glory can get you bonus cards AND treasure maps that can be very lucrative.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

New Leaf posted:

It's free to play what are you expecting?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Antti posted:

I think they've reduced the gold payout for arena in GoW, I only got 1500 gold for 8-0 today. Getting 2000 and the keys and the 400 souls and the trophies was probably a little too good anyway.

Arena's for souls, Invade's for gold.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I could've sworn it was 2000 gold for 8-0 just last week. Huh.

Treasure hunting is the best minigame anyway, I guess I'll start invading so I can get more maps.

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
Alright I made a Dragon Blaze Guild called "Goons". I am too stupid to find the invite button though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Android version of survival game This War Of Mine is out on the Play Store. You'll need a tablet to play it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lordy posted:

Alright I made a Dragon Blaze Guild called "Goons". I am too stupid to find the invite button though.

Tried to request an invite, but it looks like you don't have that enabled yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

AlexJade posted:

The Arena is a decent source of regular keys if you can run the table consistently. Ignore the "buy your team" prompt at the end because it's a ridiculous number of gems. The guild task that gives six keys is also a lucrative source. Magic keys are an option for your gems -- a guaranteed Ultra Rare can be decent, though drawing an Epic from one is a disappointment -- but I'm switching to saving mine for a costume as I've gotten one Legendary from a double handful of Magics. High end cards come when they come.