Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

anyways, back on topic

please kindly :getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

saw 95 posts in the Reddit thread, knew it was gonna be good.

and it was good.

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

I had sex with a 32-year old at 16. SA is run by SJWs. Liking 16-year olds is not pedophilia. I hate your pronoun. I like young boys. I donate to the NAACP and probably NAMBLA too.
Boxturret, it is a large denomination and there are LGBT people all over the world that come sit in the pews every week despite the official stance that they aren't real members or fully welcomed. If I had left the denomination when I turned 18 I wouldn't have lost my voice that this was an injustice and it needed to change. I know you probably don't give a poo poo, but I wanted everyone to be fully welcomed.

Last question and then I'll :getout:. how long is generally long enough to leave the red text of shame? I want to keep the a/v and replace the red text with P R I D E in rainbow colors. I don't have a lot of ten bucks.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hmmm weird religious dude married chick much younger than him. active member of congregation.

SHE DUN GOT DUGGARED!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Wintering Stinkbug posted:

Boxturret, it is a large denomination and there are LGBT people all over the world that come sit in the pews every week despite the official stance that they aren't real members or fully welcomed. If I had left the denomination when I turned 18 I wouldn't have lost my voice that this was an injustice and it needed to change. I know you probably don't give a poo poo, but I wanted everyone to be fully welcomed.

Last question and then I'll :getout:. how long is generally long enough to leave the red text of shame? I want to keep the a/v and replace the red text with P R I D E in rainbow colors. I don't have a lot of ten bucks.

Notorious QIG posted:

Get out of YOSPOS.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
why did you address that post to me:confused:

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

I don't know if this was already posted but:

http://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/comments/3dautm/content_policy_update_ama_thursday_july_16th_1pm/

Content Policy update. AMA Thursday, July 16th, 1pm pst.

quote:

Hey Everyone,

There has been a lot of discussion lately —on reddit, in the news, and here internally— about reddit’s policy on the more offensive and obscene content on our platform. Our top priority at reddit is to develop a comprehensive Content Policy and the tools to enforce it.

The overwhelming majority of content on reddit comes from wonderful, creative, funny, smart, and silly communities. That is what makes reddit great. There is also a dark side, communities whose purpose is reprehensible, and we don’t have any obligation to support them. And we also believe that some communities currently on the platform should not be here at all.

Neither Alexis nor I created reddit to be a bastion of free speech, but rather as a place where open and honest discussion can happen: These are very complicated issues, and we are putting a lot of thought into it. It’s something we’ve been thinking about for quite some time. We haven’t had the tools to enforce policy, but now we’re building those tools and reevaluating our policy.

We as a community need to decide together what our values are. To that end, I’ll be hosting an AMA on Thursday 1pm pst to present our current thinking to you, the community, and solicit your feedback.

PS - I won’t be able to hang out in comments right now. Still meeting everyone here!

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Boxturret posted:

he's yielding to an alpha

tell him: NEVER

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

ahahahahah

spend teh tenbux on a new accoutn bruv

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

at first I thought all that was pasted from Reddit, but no

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

I had sex with a 32-year old at 16. SA is run by SJWs. Liking 16-year olds is not pedophilia. I hate your pronoun. I like young boys. I donate to the NAACP and probably NAMBLA too.

Boxturret posted:

Probably because I can only see 100/20 in one eye right now, and I know you quoted me.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

better not make fun of this guy, he's disabled

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Broken Machine posted:

at first I thought all that was pasted from Reddit, but no

same

lmao

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

bobbilljim posted:

better not make fun of this guy, he's disabled

Lol, nope. I can still legally drive. Be safe on the road guys.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Lol, nope. I can still legally drive. Be safe on the road guys.

mods probate this guy please

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
hey what's new reddit thr-

:yikes:

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
if you wanted to provide a counterargument to what i was saying the other day then this is how you do it. god drat.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
also racism has been bannable since like day one so dont act like banning bigots is a result of some kind of sjw takeover

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i liked it better when we were making gross star trek/aatrek jokes

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

if you actually pay to change it you're a pussy piece of poo poo. see tori's av. hth

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
word of advice to new goons: pick your avatars carefully because one day you will realise spending $10 to change an avatar is really dumb and you'll be stuck with a cat in a wig for years

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Gum posted:

word of advice to new goons: pick your avatars carefully because one day you will realise spending $10 to change an avatar is really dumb and you'll be stuck with a cat in a wig for years

actually six figgies and

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Gum posted:

if you actually cared at all about it, you'd give lowtax the $5 (not $10) to change it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Space-Pope posted:

anymore miners in that played out vein and you'll summon the aatrek balrog

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
so much shame in this thread, everyone here should just kill themselves

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

The Management posted:

woah mods lets get a ban on this chucklefuck

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

The Management posted:

you now have an arrest warrant in New Zealand, you're hosed kiddo.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
you know if we had a competent ik he could eternally probate the dude

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Gum posted:

pretty happy with the default garbage dick imo, it says a lot without saying too much

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Hesh Ballantine posted:

pretty happy with the default garbage dick imo, it says a lot without saying too much

I believe it's spelled gar-bage dick, sir

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Hesh Ballantine posted:

pro av for you

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

I'm just going to leave it at this. I played a major role in my denomination even allowing a vote on granting full sacraments to everyone. There is a real possibility it will pass either this congress or next. We didn't accomplish that by shaming and insulting people. I'll take solace in having done more than clicking like and share on facebook, or posting sick burns on a webternet forum.

i'm the false dichotomy

get the gently caress out of yospos, shitbird

Space-Pope posted:

Gillespie has been on that knife's edge since the Child Exploitation Section was created four years ago. The Toronto police seized more than 2 million pictures and videos of child sexual abuse in 2003. So far, the world's law agencies have identified fewer than 500 of the children.

"We're doing a terrible job," he says in his office at police headquarters. "Five hundred kids of 50,000? What is that?"

Their work is a daily sojourn to the underworld. Gillespie has a team of 10 men and six women who spend hours in front of their computers, extracting leads, writing warrants and sifting photos for clues. The payoff is the day they get to kick down a door and take the "bad guy" away. The mood is light and the humor often off-color to ease the horror.

On one wall is a "Star Trek" poster with investigators' faces substituted for the Starship Enterprise crew. But even that alludes to a dark fact of their work: All but one of the offenders they have arrested in the last four years was a hard-core Trekkie.

Det. Constable Warren Bulmer slips on a Klingon sash and shield they confiscated in a recent raid. "It has something to do with a fantasy world where mutants and monsters have power and where the usual rules don't apply," Bulmer reflects. "But beyond that, I can't really explain it."

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm the false dichotomy

get the gently caress out of yospos, shitbird

Gillespie has been on that knife's edge since the Child Exploitation Section was created four years ago. The Toronto police seized more than 2 million pictures and videos of child sexual abuse in 2003. So far, the world's law agencies have identified fewer than 500 of the children.

"We're doing a terrible job," he says in his office at police headquarters. "Five hundred kids of 50,000? What is that?"

What's really messed up is if you think about how small the percentage of abuse is recorded / photographed, and it's not even a drop in the bucket. Given the rate of abuse is about 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men by age 18, it's really something that should be talked about more, and a lot more should be done outside of just policing it through computers - there should be reports on nightly news, and ad campaigns to get victims to report abuse to authorities more. Often the child will be being abused by a family member, they'll report it to another family member and they won't believe it. Denial is a powerful thing.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

[WP] One night as you play Call of Duty a particularly squeaky voiced 12 year old gives out personal information leading you to discover he is your child from a long lost lover. You must now convince him you are his father and thus banged his mom, through Xbox live.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Even then I will still take stay at home slacktivism over nothing at all.
a pervasive presence of a particular opinion has value. a sea of rainbow avatars doesn't let bigots think they're among company.

it tells people who are afraid that maybe they have more support than they realize.

And yes, it is a lot of people patting themselves on the back fr pressing a button, and that attitude does need to be corrected.

I can't take the "stay at home stacktivists <pfft>" line seriously at all

because it just seems like any time it gets floated it's a defense by those who're already saying indefensible reprehensible poo poo

like our new-ish redtext avatar example here

quote:

a pervasive presence of a particular opinion has value. a sea of rainbow avatars doesn't let bigots think they're among company.

also this has a lot of value and cannot be emphasized enough, because the hatred is VOCAL AS poo poo

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

lol owned

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

:vince: :pusheen: :vince: :pusheen: :vince: :pusheen: :vince: :pusheen: :vince: :pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

:captainpop:

• Locked thread